PDA

View Full Version : Isaiah 55:8-9 (New International Ver.) "God's Thoughts and Ways Are Higher Than Ours"

Koolaid_Man
03-30-2014, 04:23 PM
I may not have all the answers and can explain why suffering exists...my belief in God has nothing to do with religion at all...it's my personal belief system based on science and the physical heavens....but if I'm to believe in God which makes more sense to me than evolution....and if I'm to believe he's always existed in a different dimension and is the actual cause of the physical BIG BANG then I have no choice but to admit and acknowledge that suffering as it exists today (while it may be painful) is not a very long period of time compared to an eternal always existing scale...especially if God does indeed deliver on his promise of heavenly bliss....It also makes sense to me why I can't explain who created God because I'm not supposed to be able to explain that..just like a dog can't reason with a human...one scientist said it best...understanding the heavens makes as much sense to humans as the internet does to an ant....it's the same reason why we cannot look directly into the Sun without going blind...if God created the Sun and we can't even really look upon that small ball of burning gas..what makes any of you think we can actually get close to it's creator..... Universe's and Multiverses don't just happen on their own...dark matter and neutrino oscillation is not a self contained internal process...it's simply a mathematical impossibility for the universe to create itself out of nothing... like Albert Einstein...I believe that God exists it's just that he's chosen not to have a personal relationship with us at the moment. Personally I see God as sort of a "mad" scientist...tinkering with physical creations throughout eternity to see what works and what doesn't based on his personal preference. As mortal creatures we want instant gratification since our time here is limited so I can understand the atheists who are upset that God is not acting on the mortal timescale...However, I always think of this scripture to give me comfort:

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.

9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

So there you have it...Given the massive universe and multiverse that's just parallel to us I have no choice but to believe the above :toast

LoneStarState'sPride
03-30-2014, 04:56 PM
Cool, religion thread. I'm in before the haters.

Leetonidas
03-30-2014, 05:57 PM
:sleep

Koolaid_Man
03-30-2014, 06:02 PM
^ wake up dude...only ignoramses sleep at a time like this

Blake
03-31-2014, 08:31 AM
Cool, religion thread. I'm in before the haters.

No hate. Just ridicule.

Clipper Nation
03-31-2014, 09:01 AM
"God's thoughts and ways are higher than ours"

Translation:

"We know this shit is riddled with plot holes, contradictions, and illogical arguments/events that aren't grounded in science, so we need to excuse it by saying you just don't get it."

RD2191
03-31-2014, 09:11 AM
Lol clippernation talking out of his ass as usual.

Blake
03-31-2014, 10:08 AM
Lol clippernation talking out of his ass as usual.

it's you that talks out of your ass, tbh.

If you're being serious in these threads, then you're really very unintelligent.

If you're trolling then I don't get why you'd pretend to be this stupid.

It's just bad for you either way.

Expert
03-31-2014, 11:01 AM
religion trolling is cutting edge

angrydude
03-31-2014, 03:30 PM
Because the purpose of God, if there is a God, is to make sure nothing bad happens in the world. :sleep

angrydude
03-31-2014, 03:32 PM
The purpose of God is also to make sure that man can scientifically prove his existence and walk up to him and say hello.

TDMVPDPOY
03-31-2014, 09:40 PM
The purpose of God is also to make sure that man can scientifically prove his existence and walk up to him and say hello.

if he really did exist, i walk up to him and punch him in the face,

the shitstorm he/she created isnt perfect, but still man...u must take responsibility for ur creation

Koolaid_Man
03-31-2014, 09:44 PM
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.

If I were "God" I wouldn't let this happen. Must have been a hanging chad problem when they elected your ass.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PYJlu2i5d3w/TjHK2cGU-LI/AAAAAAAAAQc/m7aHe8NxxOI/s1600/4-yr+old+boy+severely+malnourished.jpg

“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Bitch Please.

C'mon son...^ is this really a problem God caused, Evolution Caused, or a Man Made problem...I lean towards man made....you cannot blame God for man's atrocities against his fellow man...no more than the atheist would blame evolution :hat

Two10Whitey
03-31-2014, 09:54 PM
Psalm 137:9

phyzik
04-01-2014, 01:44 AM
Psalm 137:9

don't forget Judges 19:1 and on thru that "parable"

probably the most evil shit in the "holy" text in regards to today's "morality".... what a bunch of evil shit that one passage spouts.

Plenty more were that came from though in this "holy" book that is supposed to teach us our Morales.

what a crock full of shit this book is. If only people on this site, and those around the world, would actually read it and actually understand what it is saying, maybe they might understand how obviously wrong it is. This goes beyond the Christian bible... it extends to the Koran and every other "holy" book in the world. Just as today's "modern" religions reject Thor, Isis, Imhotep, Zeus and countless thousands of gods, what makes theirs relevant? especially when their "gods" story mimics the previous gods before them with no other proof than a book equivalent to a harry potter or lord of the rings book that just happens to be a few thousand years old?

It's hard to convince a willingly blind person to look at the evidence though. They literally have a piece of shit shoved in their faces and yet they proclaim it to smell like roses, denying all evidence to the contrary. We can only hope, as the trend shows, that they eventually die out and humanity can move on to bigger and better things eventually.

One thought experiment I like to play with my friends.... Let's say there is some type of global disaster that brings mankind to the brink of extinction.... lets say just 2000 years pass after this event and Humans survive somehow.... One day someone finds a pristine omnibus of Harry Potter (or any fictional book you so desire).... What would they think? To me, it is an interesting concept. We know Harry Potter is just a story to entertain today.... but what would people, after two thousand years think about it.... would they interpret it as a literal accounting of history? Might they think the earth was destroyed because of those events in an obvious fantasy world to those of us living today?

Without the advent of technology, those living in the path of Katrina might have thought it a "global flood" because they knew nothing beyond their own habitat. Could this be what the goat herders experienced when they talked about the fable of Noah? I personally find that more likely as there is no geological evidence of a global flood. As to how Noah knew there was a flood coming, I can admit I do not know.... but there are many things ancient people knew that we still do not understand today. That doesn't mean some omnipotent being told him so though. To claim that is to claim the "god of the gaps" and you would be on the losing side. "I don't know" doesn't equal "god did it."

RandomGuy
04-01-2014, 03:31 PM
I may not have all the answers and can explain why suffering exists...my belief in God has nothing to do with religion at all...it's my personal belief system based on science and the physical heavens....but if I'm to believe in God which makes more sense to me than evolution....and if I'm to believe he's always existed in a different dimension and is the actual cause of the physical BIG BANG then I have no choice but to admit and acknowledge that suffering as it exists today (while it may be painful) is not a very long period of time compared to an eternal always existing scale...especially if God does indeed deliver on his promise of heavenly bliss....It also makes sense to me why I can't explain who created God because I'm not supposed to be able to explain that..just like a dog can't reason with a human...one scientist said it best...understanding the heavens makes as much sense to humans as the internet does to an ant....it's the same reason why we cannot look directly into the Sun without going blind...if God created the Sun and we can't even really look upon that small ball of burning gas..what makes any of you think we can actually get close to it's creator..... Universe's and Multiverses don't just happen on their own...dark matter and neutrino oscillation is not a self contained internal process...it's simply a mathematical impossibility for the universe to create itself out of nothing... like Albert Einstein...I believe that God exists it's just that he's chosen not to have a personal relationship with us at the moment. Personally I see God as sort of a "mad" scientist...tinkering with physical creations throughout eternity to see what works and what doesn't based on his personal preference. As mortal creatures we want instant gratification since our time here is limited so I can understand the atheists who are upset that God is not acting on the mortal timescale...However, I always think of this scripture to give me comfort:

So there you have it...Given the massive universe and multiverse that's just parallel to us I have no choice but to believe the above :toast

So where did God come from?

Koolaid_Man
04-01-2014, 04:17 PM
So where did God come from?

I answered that question already...just as we cannot look upon the Sun he didn't create us to understand that deep...we're limited in intellect as scientists admit we're only capable of using 10% of our brains only...if we could use all 100% according to scientists then maybe the question could be answered...

Blake
04-02-2014, 09:39 AM
I answered that question already...just as we cannot look upon the Sun he didn't create us to understand that deep...we're limited in intellect as scientists admit we're only capable of using 10% of our brains only...if we could use all 100% according to scientists then maybe the question could be answered...

why didn't God allow us to use 100%

RandomGuy
04-02-2014, 11:36 AM

ODetOE6cbbc

So my intelligent mind requires a creator, but God's vastly more intelligent mind doesn't?

RandomGuy
04-02-2014, 11:45 AM
why didn't God allow us to use 100%

Actually that 10% -100% thing is a misunderstanding (shocking) of what is understood about our brains. We do use 100% of our brains.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_percent_of_brain_myth

Surprise, KAM doesn't know about this stuff, as it is, you know, science-y and shit.

RandomGuy
04-02-2014, 11:53 AM
L7jClyinERY

Our limited brains have figured out the paradoxes of omniscience, and omnipotence.

Blake
04-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Our limited brains have figured out the paradoxes of omniscience, and omnipotence.

Some of our brains have

Koolaid_Man
04-02-2014, 12:41 PM
Actually that 10% -100% thing is a misunderstanding (shocking) of what is understood about our brains. We do use 100% of our brains.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_percent_of_brain_myth

Surprise, KAM doesn't know about this stuff, as it is, you know, science-y and shit.

Puh-lease kid...you knew nothing about the 10% fact until I brought it up...now you're all in research mode and trynna act like you smart...

you're a poser when in fact Kool is the real deal

Koolaid_Man
04-02-2014, 12:45 PM
ODetOE6cbbc

So my intelligent mind requires a creator, but God's vastly more intelligent mind doesn't?

yes your brain does...just like everything else in the physical universe....for as complex as they are do watches, TV's, Radio's come from mere evolution....no they have a designer and maker..just like the human body and the starry heavens...it is very hard to comprehend but when presented with Evolution vs. Creation as my options I gotta go with what makes the most common basic sense and it's intelligent design and creation....all of this order is just an evolutionary mathematical impossibility...

Koolaid_Man
04-02-2014, 01:19 PM
I think we are Aliens that got left behind from exploring this planet. That makes sense to me. Kinda like when you go deep sea fishing, if you're not there...bye bye!

plausible as it beats Evolution :lmao

Blake
04-02-2014, 02:19 PM
yes your brain does...just like everything else in the physical universe....for as complex as they are do watches, TV's, Radio's come from mere evolution....no they have a designer and maker..just like the human body and the starry heavens...it is very hard to comprehend but when presented with Evolution vs. Creation as my options I gotta go with what makes the most common basic sense and it's intelligent design and creation....all of this order is just an evolutionary mathematical impossibility...

So by that logic, it would be a mathematical impossibility that God wasn't created as well.

Koolaid_Man
04-02-2014, 03:48 PM
So by that logic, it would be a mathematical impossibility that God wasn't created as well.

no again...as previously stated math is a physical concept....hence the reason for chances, stats, probabilities, and possibilities whereas God is in the Metaphysical or Spiritual dimension...I'm one of a rare breed that can grasp and understand this concept so I don't get offended when lesser's such as yourself don't get it...most people don't so it's understandable...

the Bible states that the devil is blinding the minds of the unbelievers and it's unfortunate for as much as you think you're right in your thinking you're just being manipulated by the devil....

Blake
04-02-2014, 04:35 PM
no again...as previously stated math is a physical concept....hence the reason for chances, stats, probabilities, and possibilities whereas God is in the Metaphysical or Spiritual dimension...I'm one of a rare breed that can grasp and understand this concept so I don't get offended when lesser's such as yourself don't get it...most people don't so it's understandable...

the Bible states that the devil is blinding the minds of the unbelievers and it's unfortunate for as much as you think you're right in your thinking you're just being manipulated by the devil....

Playing the metaphysical card is illogical.

Koolaid_Man
04-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Playing the metaphysical card is illogical.

it would seem so but for those out there that are devil worshipers I'm sure they'd beg to differ...:lol

Blake
04-02-2014, 05:43 PM
it would seem so but for those out there that are devil worshipers I'm sure they'd beg to differ...:lol

No, it's illogical to anyone with the ability to use at least 10% of their brain.

Koolaid_Man
04-02-2014, 05:46 PM
No, it's illogical to anyone with the ability to use at least 10% of their brain.

your trolling is just as bad a Steven Segall's acting :lol

Blake
04-02-2014, 06:04 PM
your trolling is just as bad a Steven Segall's acting :lol

you're confusing truth with trolling.

But I guess that'll happen when you're running at 10% capacity.

RandomGuy
04-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Puh-lease kid...you knew nothing about the 10% fact until I brought it up...now you're all in research mode and trynna act like you smart...

you're a poser when in fact Kool is the real deal

Sure kid. Keep telling yourself that, if it makes the butthurt from being shown to be ignorant feel better.

I read a lot and the brain interests me, I knew what you meant, why it was ignorant, how you are foolish for believing in it, and where to find what I needed when I went looking for it.

Got any other pseudoscientific tropes you want to trot out?

RandomGuy
04-02-2014, 10:52 PM

LOL basic common sense.

You gonna tell me it is basic common sense that the ball of fire in the sky is a burning chariot driven my magic men? Diseases are a sign of some disfavor by evil spirits?

What are you comparing "designed" to?

You know a watch is designed by comparing it with things that are not designed.

What would a universe look like if it were not designed?

RandomGuy
04-02-2014, 10:59 PM

Piffle.

If there were a God, it would reveal itself to me in such a way as to make it obvious. God's plan is that I am an atheist?

The creator of the universe could do a lot better than you, if it wanted me to worship it. If the ignorant, illogical rants you post is the best the creator of the universe can do, that isn't the kind of diety that I find compelling.

A creator could present me with a Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Instead I get Forrest Gump.

RD2191
04-02-2014, 11:07 PM
Tell NDT to creat life, k go.

pgardn
04-02-2014, 11:15 PM
Piffle.

If there were a God, it would reveal itself to me in such a way as to make it obvious. God's plan is that I am an atheist?

The creator of the universe could do a lot better than you, if it wanted me to worship it. If the ignorant, illogical rants you post is the best the creator of the universe can do, that isn't the kind of diety that I find compelling.

I like this.
We can all choose how we want our God to be.
I want Jared Diamond or Stephen Jay Gould (a dead god in his own heaven I guess)
Do we have to pray, accept our God as our savior, or just be nice, to get our own God?

Or what if we gotta do that Puritan thing and be specially chosen to choose our own God?
So many questions...

phyzik
04-03-2014, 01:23 AM
Piffle.

The response you will likely get from a "believer" is that jeebus/yahweh gave you free will....... except they will forget to mention that within that "free will" you will burn for all eternity in a hell if you do not believe in him. Yeah, that's some free will there.

god - "I bestow free will upon humans, for they are my greatest creation, for I am a loving god.... but if they deny me even if I do not provide a single shred of tangible evidence about myself, then burn them assholes for fucking eternity!!!!!!" :rolleyes

ZEGQ42RFfhg

Jim Jefferies portrays exactly what I would picture god to be like if he were real. A complete fucking douchebag asshole.

RD2191
04-03-2014, 01:46 AM
Rofl, God is real. And he loves you, no need to be bitter.

Blake
04-03-2014, 08:15 AM
http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/1/1/9/6/3/9/8/Imaginary-Friends-38837049678.jpeg

RandomGuy
04-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Rofl, God is real. And he loves you, no need to be bitter.

I'm not bitter at all.

Maybe you can pick this one up, slick:

Why is God not talking to me directly?

The bible has tons of examples of people who got to talk directly to God. Where is my road to Damascus moment? Burning bush?

I would be a lot easier to believe in something that could talk back.

Koolaid_Man
04-03-2014, 12:46 PM
I should have been a preacher, unbelievable some of the churches they build with that money. You would think they would help the starving children, homeless,people with cancer with that money, you know, "God's Work?''

http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/badcatholic/files/2012/09/pope.jpeg

You non beleivers are hilarious....Starving people have nothing to do with god...the earth produces more than enough food to feed everyone...blame the local governments....and another thing what makes you think that just because someone puts on a cloak that god approves of them....:lol the scribes and pharisees did the same thing and yet jesus rejected them and so they impaled him...the very son of god in human form...so you need to stop this lame attempt to make the connection...for all we know god might very well despise the pope...:lol

point is...religious views and actions has nothing to do with the existence of god as opposed to the infantile evolution belief

Blake
04-03-2014, 01:55 PM
I should have been a preacher, unbelievable some of the churches they build with that money. You would think they would help the starving children, homeless,people with cancer with that money, you know, "God's Work?''

You would also think Jesus would build the big super churches in the poor areas instead of the rich ones.

Blake
04-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Makes sense to me. Hagee sure was smart putting his church in the stone oak area. Not that it's that fancy but pretty fancy for SA.

when he put the church there, nothing was out there.

He gambled and won. Won big.

Koolaid_Man
04-03-2014, 03:01 PM
Look Kool, I understand having faith and going to church and having fellowship, and following the Bible. But I see hypocrites in the Church. Well ok let's look at you for a moment, You try to preach the word of God and on the other hand you talk about banging bitches, partying, Drugs? See where I'm coming from? How can you do both?

Who said anything about going to Church and Fellowship....I have my own brand of personal beliefs...and when those clash with the Bible (what we have on record) then I pray for forgivness and try my best to repent....I'm a sinner I realize...but my heart and intentions are always good...I also admit to being a hypocrite...because I love two sexy lesbians...but gay men and ugly lesbians are just wrong....

Koolaid_Man
04-03-2014, 03:03 PM
and as for drugs I don't consider Cali Dro a drug....weed is from the earth...all these pharmaceutical companies are the real drug dealers...you got the game all twisted...besides if you've ever drank alcohol then you've done drugs....it's the biggest form of drug there is

Blake
04-03-2014, 04:21 PM
I'm sure it was a Gamble, but surely there was some Logic/information involved.

Yes, the logic being that it was the north side and not the east side.

mouse
04-03-2014, 05:07 PM
if he really did exist, i walk up to him and punch him in the face,

the shitstorm he/she created isnt perfect, but still man...u must take responsibility for ur creation

So when do your kids get to punch you in the face?

Chewbacca
04-03-2014, 05:08 PM

:rollin

Koolaid_Man
04-03-2014, 05:18 PM

:lmao you just went Nuclear on dude...reminded me of this scene:

F1Bhl3yjzsQ

Blake
04-03-2014, 05:35 PM
:rollin

^ the dude with unvaccinated kids laughing

mouse
04-03-2014, 05:44 PM
:lol

I remember going to his church when he was on 410/Castle hills area. I think that's where it was at. People started going nuts like convulsing on the ground and my Pops told us we're outta here.:lmao

I take it that was before YouTube was popular? I would have recorded the footage.

1604 and stone-oak area has been plotted out since the 80s many who had the money build their houses on Blanco and 1604 and the huge mall/business stores were already in place long before the Church came about so where do you get this "he took a gamble" theory from?

That place will be packed when I invite a few well known Scientists to do a live debate on Evolution.
I hope you all in San Antonio can attend or at least punch it in on your local Pay per View channel.

Chewbacca
04-03-2014, 05:59 PM
I love God. I asketh He bringeth more men to bang my wife

:rollin :rollin :rollin

http://i57.tinypic.com/2wrgsqb.jpg

mouse
04-03-2014, 06:27 PM
http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/1/1/9/6/3/9/8/Imaginary-Friends-38837049678.jpeg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/freind-imagenary_zps82abe75f.jpg