PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: If The Lakers Didn't Exist Could the Spurs Have Won Out The Last Decade

Koolaid_Man
03-30-2014, 06:01 PM
I'm talking 10 straight titles from 1999-2009..since their teams were not built on a single greatest player but rather on balanced teamwork, and since Pop face likes to tinker with his roster every year to add depth could they have won out if LA didn't exist..

Thread
03-30-2014, 06:05 PM
We were to them what Cuban is to us, only Cuban is worse. He actually spearheaded & executed what everybody else had just bitched & vowed to do.

poeticism707
03-30-2014, 06:29 PM
No.

Stern would have given food stamps either way, just would have been to a team other than the Lakers.

Doubt it?

See 2002 WCF.

There all Stern's crookery is on display.

Thread
03-30-2014, 06:31 PM
No.

Stern would have food stamps either way, just would have been to a team other than the Lakers.

Doubt it?

See 2002 WCF.

There all Stern's crookery is on display.

He told him, Edgar, last thing Adelman told that blockhead before breaking that TO="Don't leave him, Chris. Not for a second."

You've only yourself to blame.

+ only pussies & assholes play the Stern card.

rayjayjohnson
03-30-2014, 06:49 PM
kool begging for that GNSF dick

benefactor
03-30-2014, 07:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/6x5iM1h.png

LkrFan
03-30-2014, 08:18 PM
I'm talking 10 straight titles from 1999-2009..since their teams were not built on a single greatest player but rather on balanced teamwork, and since Pop face likes to tinker with his roster every year to add depth could they have won out if LA didn't exist..

Legit question. The Spurs have won 50+ games every year TD has been in the league. Without Shaq/Kobe, who would have stopped them? Suns :lol? Jazz? Portland tlong's? #2 seed R:lolckets? All they had to do was make to the Finals and pop bottles (pre-cHeat collusion, that is. ;))

They might not have won out the decade, but 7 titles would not be out of the realm of possibilities tbh. No wonder the Lakers are loathed on this site. :lmao

Thread
03-30-2014, 08:32 PM
Kool puttin' on his grim reaper & lodgin' just an absolute gem.

This, THIS, gentlemen is why he is Kool Aid Man.

& ya's was even thinkin', ponderin', conspirin', plottin' to oustin' him.

Just thank Christ I stepped in & put an immediate halt to the proceedings.

Venti Quattro
03-30-2014, 08:33 PM
Thank you, Los Angeles Lakers, for saving the world :tu :tu :tu

HI-FI
03-30-2014, 08:36 PM
Legit question. The Spurs have won 50+ games every year TD has been in the league. Without Shaq/Kobe, who would have stopped them? Suns :lol? Jazz? Portland tlong's? #2 seed R:lolckets? All they had to do was make to the Finals and pop bottles (pre-cHeat collusion, that is. ;))

They might not have won out the decade, but 7 titles would not be out of the realm of possibilities tbh. No wonder the Lakers are loathed on this site. :lmao
not just that.

imagine if Memphis would have traded MVPau to the teams who offered better deals, which makes sense in every corner of the world except the NBA. :tu Stern.

So if MVPau had taken his talent elsewhere, Spurs could have done some interesting shit post-Raping.

Thread
03-30-2014, 08:38 PM
not just that.

imagine if Memphis would have traded MVPau to the teams who offered better deals, which makes sense in every corner of the world except the NBA. :tu Stern.

So if MVPau had taken his talent elsewhere, Spurs could have done some interesting shit post-Raping.

Though Pau couldn't win a single playoff game till Kobe held his hand. He was even going to start fresh last playoffs, him & Nash, gonna show everybody where the bear shit in the buckwheat. Daddy, you'd a been better off givin' him one, huh? tee, hee.

HI-FI
03-30-2014, 08:45 PM
Though Pau couldn't win a single playoff game till Kobe held his hand. He was even going to start fresh last playoffs, him & Nash, gonna show everybody where the bear shit in the buckwheat. Daddy, you'd a been better off givin' him one, huh? tee, hee.
Though without MVPau, you guys aren't here, Kobe is sharing a cell in San Quentin with Richard Ramirez, and Spurs have at least another title. That's why Staples needs to retire Stern's purple and gold yarmulke. It's the right thing to do.

Thread
03-30-2014, 09:08 PM
Though without MVPau, you guys aren't here, Kobe is sharing a cell in San Quentin with Richard Ramirez, and Spurs have at least another title. That's why Staples needs to retire Stern's purple and gold yarmulke. It's the right thing to do.

Though without Kobe holding Pau's hand he's incapable of winning a single playoff game. Wait a minute that didn't come out quite right, but, you get my drift. You blew it, buster. You should have thrown him a bone when I was incapacitated last Spring. Then we wouldn't have that marker.

Clipper Nation
03-30-2014, 09:20 PM
Though without Kobe holding Pau's hand he's incapable of winning a single playoff game.
Though Kirby was shinin' shoes 'twixt Daddy & MVPau.

Thread
03-30-2014, 09:28 PM

Kobe: 2

Daddy: 1

Clipper Nation
03-30-2014, 09:29 PM
Kobe: 2
Citing MVPau's rings as Kirby's? You're being purposely obtuse again.

LkrFan
03-30-2014, 09:34 PM
not just that.

You are playing checkers again. Memphis needed cap relief. Kwame and Aaron McKie's expiring contracts provided them that. Not only were they given the draft rights to Fat Gasol, they were able to sign Z-Bo.

Without us partnering up, #15 #16, and 8 doesn't happen. It was a GREAT deal for both the Lakers, and our farm team. :)

Thread
03-30-2014, 09:37 PM
Citing MVPau's rings as Kirby's? You're being purposely obtuse again.

Don't start your shit tonite, gd it. I'm in a pretty good mood, Walking Dead is on tap and I have two episodes of Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C. on the DVR with my name on them. I do not want my mood spoiled by your aggravating horseshit.

Clipper Nation
03-30-2014, 09:39 PM
Don't start your shit tonite, gd it. I'm in a pretty good mood, Walking Dead is on tap and I have two episodes of Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C. on the DVR with my name on them. I do not want my mood spoiled by your aggravating horseshit.
Your capitulation is duly noted.

Clipper Nation
03-30-2014, 09:41 PM
Without us partnering up, #15 #16, and 8 doesn't happen. It was a GREAT deal for both the Lakers, and our farm team. :)
Tito finally admitting that MVPau won those rings for the Lakers, not Kirby :toast

LkrFan
03-30-2014, 09:42 PM

For the record, tell me how many playoff games (not series, not practice, but games) has Pau won pre and post Kobe? Watch your response because what you post can and will be used against you son. :)

Thread
03-30-2014, 09:42 PM
Your capitulation is duly noted.

You always have to have the last word. You big fucking baby.

Clipper Nation
03-30-2014, 09:43 PM
For the record, tell me how many playoff games (not series, not practice, but games) has Pau won pre and post Kobe? Watch your response because what you post can and will be used against you son. :)
For the record, Kirby was shinin' shoes when MVPau first met him :lol

scanry
03-30-2014, 09:44 PM
You always have to have the last word. You big fucking baby.

http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/212411-1/Window-washer-trolling.gif

(courtesy of TDMVPDPOY)

SpursDynasty
The Lakers haven't really been a factor in the years that the Spurs didn't win. I really only count the Big Three Era of 2002-onward as the time period the Spurs have been the best team in the NBA. In fact, the first season of the Big Three, 2002-2003 is when the Spurs knocked the Lakers out of the playoffs and prevented them from 4-peating.

2004 the Spurs lost that series but not because of anything the Lakers did. The clock started late at the end of Game 5 and everyone knows it.
2006 was Manu's fault.
2008, again not anything the Lakers did, the refs did not call that Fisher foul on Brent Barry in Game 4.

The 2003-2008 championships should have all been the Spurs.

2009-2012 the Spurs took a few steps back but have been at the top since the beginning of the 2012-2013 season.

So the Lakers have been a nonfactor as far as the Spurs go.

HI-FI
You are playing checkers again. Memphis needed cap relief. Kwame and Aaron McKie's expiring contracts provided them that. Not only were they given the draft rights to Fat Gasol, they were able to sign Z-Bo.

I'm pretty sure I've read that Memphis received much better deals. No one knew Fat Gasol would turn into what he is, which is still behind prime MVPau. It was a shady deal and Pop et al had a right to bitch. Lakers' power vacuum, thanks in part to Mitch Kupofshit and Rapist, created opportunities for the basketball world to right itself. Unfortunately Stern had other ideas. But then the basketball gods had other plans for Kobe's achilles. I guess these things work themselves out because of Stern's corrupt meddling.

props though for saying "you are playing checkers again.":lol

LkrFan
03-30-2014, 09:46 PM
Tito finally admitting that MVPau won those rings for the Lakers, not Kirby :toast
Pre and Post Kobe. What has Pau done? Matter of fact, please bump any Pau related thread (pre Kobe) that was started by Spur Fan that lauded how great he was. I'm especially interested due to the Sp*rs punking him. If you cannot, the MVPau schtick dies in this thread. Good luck son. You'll need it. :toast

HI-FI
03-30-2014, 09:47 PM
Though without Kobe holding Pau's hand he's incapable of winning a single playoff game. Wait a minute that didn't come out quite right, but, you get my drift. You blew it, buster. You should have thrown him a bone when I was incapacitated last Spring. Then we wouldn't have that marker.
:lol
what was your reason again for disappearing and being incapacitated?
Spurs should of lost a game just to beef up MVPau's playoff victories. He still was a badass for Lakers from 08-10.

LkrFan
I'm pretty sure I've read that Memphis received much better deals. No one knew Fat Gasol would turn into what he is, which is still behind prime MVPau. It was a shady deal and Pop et al had a right to bitch. Lakers' power vacuum, thanks in part to Mitch Kupofshit and Rapist, created opportunities for the basketball world to right itself. Unfortunately Stern had other ideas. But then the basketball gods had other plans for Kobe's achilles. I guess these things work themselves out because of Stern's corrupt meddling.

HI-FI maaaaaaaaaad as fuck right about now. :rollin :lmao :rollin

scanry
The Lakers haven't really been a factor in the years that the Spurs didn't win. I really only count the Big Three Era of 2002-onward as the time period the Spurs have been the best team in the NBA. In fact, the first season of the Big Three, 2002-2003 is when the Spurs knocked the Lakers out of the playoffs and prevented them from 4-peating.

2004 the Spurs lost that series but not because of anything the Lakers did. The clock started late at the end of Game 5 and everyone knows it.
2006 was Manu's fault.
2008, again not anything the Lakers did, the refs did not call that Fisher foul on Brent Barry in Game 4.

The 2003-2008 championships should have all been the Spurs.

2009-2012 the Spurs took a few steps back but have been at the top since the beginning of the 2012-2013 season.

So the Lakers have been a nonfactor as far as the Spurs go.

2008 was Celtics championship to lose from the get go. They would've been beaten the Spurs in 5 tops tbh. The Lakers atleast game them a series and should've gone 7 had the Lakers not chocked in game 4.

LkrFan
03-30-2014, 09:48 PM
For the record, Kirby was shinin' shoes when MVPau first met him :lol

:lol

Thread
03-30-2014, 09:48 PM
I'm pretty sure I've read that Memphis received much better deals. No one knew Fat Gasol would turn into what he is which is still behind prime MVPau. It was a shady deal and Pop et al had a right to bitch. Lakers' power vacuum, thanks in part to Mitch Kupofshit and Rapist, created opportunities for the basketball world to right itself. Unfortunately Stern had other ideas. But then the basketball gods had other plans for Kobe's achilles. I guess these things work themselves out because of Stern's corrupt meddling.

Well, that's part of it. Christ, use your head, man.

---
Nobody in L.A., or, anywhere else bitched when you coerced Diaw & Jackson last season. Sure, I took a fit, but, I was alone.

HI-FI
03-30-2014, 09:49 PM
Pre and Post Kobe. What has Pau done? Matter of fact, please bump any Pau related thread (pre Kobe) that was started by Spur Fan that lauded how great he was. I'm especially interested due to the Sp*rs punking him. If you cannot, the MVPau schtick dies in this thread. Good luck son. You'll need it. :toast
how many Laker fans registered when Kobe was the alpha? Before he had to share the spotlight with Pau because he couldn't do shit without the best frontcourt?

Clipper Nation
03-30-2014, 09:49 PM
Without MVPau, Kirby's still shinin' shoes and you're still crying on the Guests' shoulders at OregonLive.... that's it and that's all :lol

LkrFan
03-31-2014, 12:10 AM
how many Laker fans registered when Kobe was the alpha? Before he had to share the spotlight with Pau because he couldn't do shit without the best frontcourt?
You won't believe me, but I'll say it anyway, I never heard of SpursTalk until a few days before I joined. I spend more time here than I do on LG. This place rulez. :toast

LkrFan
03-31-2014, 12:11 AM
Without MVPau, Kirby's still shinin' shoes and you're still crying on the Guests' shoulders at OregonLive.... that's it and that's all :lol

OregonLive was the shiznit. Although I got banned there twice. They are too thin skinned, like MVPau when he thinks Shannon Brown is laying pipe to his GF. :lol

LkrFan
03-31-2014, 12:32 AM
Though Kirby was shinin' shoes 'twixt Daddy & MVPau.Please use a different term. Otherwise these fatnecks may get hungriER than usual. :lol

Expert
03-31-2014, 06:40 AM
Lakers dont exist now, so figure it out.

Thread
03-31-2014, 08:02 AM

O & 77!!!

Koolaid_Man
03-31-2014, 01:20 PM
Kool puttin' on his grim reaper & lodgin' just an absolute gem.

This, THIS, gentlemen is why he is Kool Aid Man.

& ya's was even thinkin', ponderin', conspirin', plottin' to oustin' him.

Just thank Christ I stepped in & put an immediate halt to the proceedings.

:lmao My man Cully....:toast

Thread
03-31-2014, 01:45 PM
:lmao My man Cully....:toast

Shoulder-to-Shoulder until there are no more tomorrows.

ChumpDumper
03-31-2014, 02:21 PM
The answer to the OP is no.

Blake
03-31-2014, 02:25 PM
If Spurstalk didn't exist, would Kool exist?

Killakobe81
03-31-2014, 02:28 PM
The answer to the OP is no.

I think spurs probably sitting on 6 instead of 4 though ...

And if they won last year (all things being equal) they have 7 titles one more than the Bulls ...
But it's all fantasy Spurs are what we thought they were ... but "6" could of and should have changed EVERYTHING

Thread
03-31-2014, 02:36 PM
If Spurstalk didn't exist, would Kool exist?

I solved that query with but 5 words..."If he goes I go."

Koolaid_Man
03-31-2014, 04:34 PM
I think spurs probably sitting on 6 instead of 4 though ...

And if they won last year (all things being equal) they have 7 titles ne more than the Bulls ...
But it's all fantasy Spurs are what we thought they were ... but "6" could of and should have changed EVERYTHING

But 6 did change everything Sir- Lancelot...lol

mercos
03-31-2014, 05:36 PM
Spurs probably would have won it all in 2001 and 2004 if the Lakers weren't around. Then again, if they win in 2001, who knows how that changes things going forward. The beat down they were handed by the Lakers that year led to a lot of roster changes that ultimately made the team stronger over the next decade.

Killakobe81
03-31-2014, 06:31 PM

That is pretty funny i must admit ... but not as funny as

Oden :rollin
Broy :lol
Durant :lmao
2000 WCF :rollin :lmao
Jailblazers :rollin

Koolaid_Man
03-31-2014, 09:51 PM
without the Lakers in the picture the Spurs win in 99 and they also win the first 5 titles post Y2K....

they lose in 06 but bounce back in 07, they lose 08, but win 09, they lose 2010, 11, 12, and finish with a win in 13...

they finish with 9 titles if Kobe wasn't in the picture...too bad they'll have to settle for 4 :lmao...5 titles that Kobe robbed them of and stuffed his coffers with

hence

Kobe 5
TSB 4

Koolaid_Man
03-31-2014, 09:54 PM
^ my bad I forgot the O

TDMVPDPOY
03-31-2014, 09:55 PM
without the Lakers in the picture the Spurs win in 99 and they also win the first 5 titles post Y2K....

they lose in 06 but bounce back in 07, they lose 08, but win 09, they lose 2010, 11, 12, and finish with a win in 13...

they finish with 9 titles if Kobe wasn't in the picture...too bad they'll have to settle for 4 :lmao...5 titles that Kobe robbed them of and stuffed his coffers with

hence

Kobe 5
TSB 4

what was the year the lakers beat the spurs without derek anderson? who was the finals opponent that year? i think if the spurs did advance to the finals that year without the injured anderson, i think they couldve beatend whoever it was...pacers or nets right?

TDMVPDPOY
03-31-2014, 09:59 PM
whats kobes record against former team mates h2h playoffs?

isnt fisher like 4-0?

Thread
03-31-2014, 10:02 PM
whats kobes record against former team mates h2h playoffs?

isnt fisher like 4-0?

You figure it out, blankethead. Me?

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

Koolaid_Man
03-31-2014, 10:25 PM
what was the year the lakers beat the spurs without derek anderson? who was the finals opponent that year? i think if the spurs did advance to the finals that year without the injured anderson, i think they couldve beatend whoever it was...pacers or nets right?

I can't remember off the top of my head...all I know is that all Spur guards and forwards and centers were Kobe's personal playground

Koolaid_Man
03-31-2014, 10:29 PM
Imagine if Kobe and Duncan played on the same team..they would have won 11 titles together...we all know Duncan would have been Kobe's bitch....if Kobe made Shaq (the MDE) his bitch poor Tammy wouldn't have stood a chance with his mild and meek personality...dude would have been Kobe's bitch staight up no reasonable person would conclude otherwise...but they would have won about 11 titles in my estimation....:hat

The Batman
03-31-2014, 10:46 PM
What's Kirby's record in the playoffs without the best frontcourt in the league? Like 4-8?

TDMVPDPOY
03-31-2014, 10:52 PM
Imagine if Kobe and Duncan played on the same team..they would have won 11 titles together...we all know Duncan would have been Kobe's bitch....if Kobe made Shaq (the MDE) his bitch poor Tammy wouldn't have stood a chance with his mild and meek personality...dude would have been Kobe's bitch staight up no reasonable person would conclude otherwise...but they would have won about 11 titles in my estimation....:hat

remember them trades coming in the media about gino and enrique for kobe

but the chances of the happening was very low

cause i dont see the spurs trading 2 pieces for 1, or if they didnt want kobe on the spurs the other way is trading duncan for shaq, both i dont see happening....
u dont waste the effort invested into duncan and building a 20m training facility to trade him for peanute

TDMVPDPOY
03-31-2014, 10:53 PM
What's Kirby's record in the playoffs without the best frontcourt in the league? Like 4-8?

same as paus record tbh

i still dont get why he didnt get the bigger flack for his shit against the suns after being up 3-1 to choke away the series like tmac against pistons...

Thread
03-31-2014, 10:56 PM

It's:::6.

The Batman
03-31-2014, 10:58 PM
4-8

Clipper Nation
03-31-2014, 10:58 PM
Though Duncan's never shined shoes alongside Kirby. Christ, use your fucking head, man!

Thread
03-31-2014, 11:03 PM
Though Duncan's never shined shoes alongside Kirby. Christ, use your fucking head, man!

I ain't in the mood tonite, CN.

TDMVPDPOY
03-31-2014, 11:05 PM

i see ur talkin shit as usual, let me take a piss in there

Clipper Nation
03-31-2014, 11:14 PM
Dale, capitulating again.