PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Beverly will not require surgery, is expected to heal fully and return this season

sook
03-31-2014, 01:34 PM
Best news I've heard all day, only a little bit more of Lin as a starting PG.:whine:whine:whine:whine

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/patrick-beverly-to-return-to-rockets-this-season-180032348.html

sook
03-31-2014, 01:36 PM
Sam Ammick

I'm assured that Beverley isn't taking a risk by returning this season, told he will be fully healed before coming back. No set timeline yet

My guess is that it will be a game or two before the playoffs start.

Trainwreck2100
03-31-2014, 01:38 PM
InHterGestHing

skut_farkus
03-31-2014, 01:38 PM
What's the deal with bible kemp?

sook
03-31-2014, 01:39 PM
What's the deal with bible kemp?

Sore ankle, just making sure he will be fully rested before playoffs start. He could be playing right now, but its not worth it as Clipps will hang on to #3 with Beverly out a couple of games and the Rockets considerably ahead of Portland or GS for #4

Killakobe81
03-31-2014, 01:42 PM
Honestly, good news.
I hope yall get gstate instead of dem choking Blazers ... I want a better series though Gsstate vs. clips could be fun too ...

TIMMYtoZO
03-31-2014, 01:56 PM
And Houston still keeps hope alive as the biggest threat to Miami 3-Peating. This team is going to be very dangerous in the postseason. Them being healthy right before the playoffs is already a good sign for them.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-31-2014, 02:03 PM
And Houston still keeps hope alive as the biggest threat to Miami 3-Peating. This team is going to be very dangerous in the postseason. Them being healthy right before the playoffs is already a good sign for them.

:lol you do realize we have won 17 straight, right?

your biggest threat is in your conference. faltering late doesn't make up for how the excel during the playoffs namely against miami.

i also say that because miami is not a threat to us :lol..

Killakobe81
03-31-2014, 02:10 PM
:lol you do realize we have won 17 straight, right?

your biggest threat is in your conference. faltering late doesn't make up for how the excel during the playoffs namely against miami.

i also say that because miami is not a threat to us :lol..

I dont see how Timmy2Zo can say that when the spurs (and Pacers) are the only teams to truly "scare" the heat since the Mavs pushed their shit in.
If Houston makes it, it will be like 2 years ago when heat faced OKC.

hater
03-31-2014, 02:11 PM
I'm sorry but even with a healthy Beverly and Coward. I still don't put this Houston team above the Grizz, Warriors, or even Clippers let alone the OKC and Spurs imo.

sure they create lots of matchup problems, but in a long playoff series IMO most good teams(See above) would make the adjustments.

Thread
03-31-2014, 02:12 PM
I'm sorry but even with a healthy Beverly and Coward. I still don't put this Houston team above the Grizz, Warriors, or even Clippers let alone the OKC and Spurs imo.

Yep, they'll be shinin' shoes, & that right soon.

spurraider21
03-31-2014, 02:15 PM
I dont see how Timmy2Zo can say that when the spurs (and Pacers) are the only teams to truly "scare" the heat since the Mavs pushed their shit in.
If Houston makes it, it will be like 2 years ago when heat faced OKC.
timmy2zo is never scared lol. he still thought the giants were superbowl contenders until like week 9 last year.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-31-2014, 02:15 PM
timmy2zo is never scared lol. he still thought the giants were superbowl contenders until like week 9 last year.

you must have missed the game 6 thread hahaha

spurraider21
03-31-2014, 02:17 PM
you must have missed the game 6 thread hahaha
yeah, i was out of the house for that game, so wasn't really participating in the game thread. i've only read the posts during the last 5 minutes of the game :lol

Killakobe81
03-31-2014, 02:26 PM
TimmytoZo bless his heart, he has stones but it's not like he has some cognitive gift like Harlem procliams ... he has some teams he rides with and lately those squads (sans Phillies IIRC) were playing well enough to rang.

Spurs absolutely matchup well with the Heat. they have no answer for Tim and when healthy even parker was scoring on Lebron. KL/Green at least make Lebron/wade work for their scores. Bosh is a problem ... but since he is the third option and his jumpshot is sometimesy ...

If they meet again I expect another 7 close games with Heat finishing the 3peat just barely.

SPo doesnt get enough credit but out of the coaches who are better RC, Tibbs, only Pop has a team that is good enough to matter.

Gummi Clutch
03-31-2014, 02:50 PM
Good news for the rockets, makes them tougher for the spurs but I still think we pull out in 7.

sure they create lots of matchup problems, but in a long playoff series IMO most good teams(See above) would make the adjustments.
:lol wtf is wrong with you, GS and Memphis? At least your name fits well.

Gummi Clutch
03-31-2014, 02:52 PM
Yea...no. You guys won with one incredible bounce of a rebound in the right direction. Had that not happened you would be saying differently. Thats your biggest threat...and the chances of the spurs fucking it up again are slim.

hater
03-31-2014, 03:01 PM
Good news for the rockets, makes them tougher for the spurs but I still think we pull out in 7.

:lol wtf is wrong with you, GS and Memphis? At least your name fits well.

Memphis would beat the Rockets in a playoff series IMO.

a fully healthy GS would also. Too bad Bogut and Lee are a pair of china dolls :lol

Gummi Clutch
03-31-2014, 03:05 PM
Memphis would beat the Rockets in a playoff series IMO.

a fully healthy GS would also. Too bad Bogut and Lee are a pair of china dolls :lol
I highly doubt that, that is a huge stretch. Houston beats GS in 5 games max and Memphis in 6 IMO. But it looks like their matchup will either be GS or the Guests. Series with Portland may goto 6 games imo.

hater
03-31-2014, 03:21 PM
I highly doubt that, that is a huge stretch. Houston beats GS in 5 games max and Memphis in 6 IMO. But it looks like their matchup will either be GS or the Guests. Series with Portland may goto 6 games imo.

again I am counting on the superior defensive teams to lock down throughout a series and assuming Taliban would not be getting Durant treatment throughout a playoff series. Assuming those 2 points, Houston is very beatable by said teams.

Koolaid_Man
03-31-2014, 04:28 PM
Dam...thats pretty fucked up news concerning Beverly.

Koolaid_Man
03-31-2014, 04:29 PM
No surgery? Dam.

sook
03-31-2014, 04:33 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2102825/madruss.gif

Michael Jordan.
03-31-2014, 10:07 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/1qiu7m.gif

lefty
03-31-2014, 10:10 PM
InHterGestHing
:lol

Rogue
03-31-2014, 11:33 PM
current lockets ain't any better than the team featuring t-mac and Yao imho, regular season impresser & playoffs fodder.

TIMMYtoZO
04-01-2014, 01:08 AM
Yea...no. You guys won with one incredible bounce of a rebound in the right direction. Had that not happened you would be saying differently. Thats your biggest threat...and the chances of the spurs fucking it up again are slim.

:lol at the Spurs and their fans bragging due to regular season dominance. Houston has 2 top 10 players and solid role players all around. That team has a much higher ceiling if they can realize how good they can be. The Spurs would win no more than 1-2 games against the 3 Kings and the rest of the Heatles this time around, tbh.

spurraider21
04-01-2014, 01:56 AM
:lol at the Spurs and their fans bragging due to regular season dominance. Houston has 2 top 10 players and solid role players all around. That team has a much higher ceiling if they can realize how good they can be. The Spurs would win no more than 1-2 games against the 3 Kings and the rest of the Heatles this time around, tbh.
the heat aren't better than last year by any stretch of the imagination, not sure why you think they'd have an easier time this year

Michael Jordan.
04-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Seems like they misdiagnosed the whole thing.

sook
04-01-2014, 05:09 PM
Seems like they misdiagnosed the whole thing.

But..but....Karma :cry :cry :cry

Indazone
04-01-2014, 11:15 PM
I only give the Rockets about a 10 percent chance of advancing out of the West. This team is not good enough and is one year away from getting all the pieces.

Juggity
04-01-2014, 11:22 PM

Look at your team objectively, tbh. I'm a Lebron fan, but I can see clearly that the Heat as a team have never been weaker in the Big 3 era than now. They will make it to the finals, but nothing beyond that is guaranteed.

BoricuaCJA
04-02-2014, 03:33 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2102825/madruss.gif

What game is this from? I don't remember this but thats funny. What a drama queen!

sook
04-02-2014, 01:10 PM
What game is this from? I don't remember this but thats funny. What a drama queen!

No idea :lol

Wiz
04-02-2014, 01:32 PM
What game is this from? I don't remember this but thats funny. What a drama queen!Memphis

Indazone
04-02-2014, 01:46 PM
It's good he'll be back. We need him

BoricuaCJA
04-02-2014, 01:52 PM
Memphis

What was the context in the gif? He must of been mad they wouldn't let him back in the game. lol

Wiz
04-02-2014, 02:04 PM
What was the context in the gif? He must of been mad they wouldn't let him back in the game. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLVnwBdMwNU&feature=youtu.be

@ 1:02

BoricuaCJA
04-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Thanks Wiz! Now I remember when that happen. lol