PDA

View Full Version : Game thread for tonight's game (PacersDigest edition)...LOL

SpursFan86
03-31-2014, 08:59 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?94625-3-31-2014-Game-Thread-75-Pacers-Vs-Spurs

Guess we're not the only forum with cliffjumpers:lol Although they actually have legitimate reason to cliffjump given the way they've played the past few weeks. Not to mention Miami now has the 1 seed. Poor Pacers.

edit: here's the post-game thread - http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?94625-3-31-2014-Game-Thread-75-Pacers-Vs-Spurs

Dex
03-31-2014, 09:05 PM
http://imgur.com/Wk8QyXJ.png

:lmao

RD2191
03-31-2014, 09:08 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/images/icons/icon1.png Re: 3/31/2014 Game Thread #75: Pacers Vs. Spurs
How is it the Spurs always have guys that can shoot but the Pacers can't find ONE?

RD2191
03-31-2014, 09:08 PM
:lol

RD2191
03-31-2014, 09:09 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/images/icons/icon1.png Re: 3/31/2014 Game Thread #75: Pacers Vs. Spurs

http://www.pacersdigest.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by hoosierguy http://www.pacersdigest.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?p=1815711#post1815711)
How is it the Spurs always have guys that can shoot but the Pacers can't find ONE?

The Spurs could find young orphans in the streets of Italy and turn them into dead eye shooters.

RD2191
03-31-2014, 09:09 PM

TE
03-31-2014, 09:10 PM
They have been in full meltdown mode for weeks but this is by far the worst I've seen,

Captivus
03-31-2014, 09:10 PM
At least they are looking at stats and dont have problems talking about their star player.

RD2191
03-31-2014, 09:11 PM
Pacer fan going full robdiaz, never go full robdiaz.

Captivus
03-31-2014, 09:15 PM
"Man they move the ball so well"

"Ok so Jeff ayers is Pendagraph right?"

"If we had Leonard, if we had Bellinelli, if we had Mills, they would all look like ****. It doesn't matter who you swap in. "

"The Spurs are toying with us- they are on such another level it's not even funny. "

Spur|n|Austin
03-31-2014, 09:18 PM
"Can you imagine being in the West and having to play these guys 4 times every year, especially when they're on one of their crazy-long winning streaks like right now? Fans of other teams in the West must feel like they have no hope."

03-31-2014, 09:25 PM

DarrinS
03-31-2014, 09:28 PM
Wow. Pretty bleak over there.

poeticism707
03-31-2014, 09:42 PM
"Man they move the ball so well"

"Ok so Jeff ayers is Pendagraph right?"

"If we had Leonard, if we had Bellinelli, if we had Mills, they would all look like ****. It doesn't matter who you swap in. "

"The Spurs are toying with us- they are on such another level it's not even funny. "

Spurs fans are really fortunate to have such a great, on the whole selfless team.

Pacers came in the 2nd best record in the NBA, and they have gotten booed at home for a month for crap play.

cd98
03-31-2014, 09:57 PM
Maybe they shouldn't have traded Granger if they needed outside shooters.

jag
03-31-2014, 10:01 PM
I hope the Pacers regroup and get back on track. I don't want Miami waltzing into the Finals. Whether the Spurs make it that far or not.

They're also my favorite team in the east. Hard not to like them as a Spurs fan.

exstatic
03-31-2014, 10:03 PM
Maybe they shouldn't have traded Granger if they needed outside shooters.

Granger wasn't that great, post-injury.

This game was essentially over at the half. The Pacer are lousy playing from behind because their offense is SO low octane. It almost doesn't matter if they get stops, because they're going to bring it down and run some crap sets and miss a shot.

Mugen
03-31-2014, 10:04 PM
I hope the Pacers regroup and get back on track. I don't want Miami waltzing into the Finals. Whether the Spurs make it that far or not.

They're also my favorite team in the east. Hard not to like them as a Spurs fan.

+1 tbh.

jag
03-31-2014, 10:05 PM
Hill has to be more aggressive. Not sure what his deal is.

Seventyniner
03-31-2014, 10:05 PM
I'd be pretty concerned if I were a Pacers fan too. Finishing with the 2nd seed is probably a death knell.

ElNono
03-31-2014, 10:06 PM

They'll regroup, IMO... though I think they still have the same issues as last year... Stephenson is still a low IQ player, they still need a true PG, and David West chokes...

HI-FI
03-31-2014, 10:09 PM

this. I feel bad for their fans. I like Hill and Hibbert. They're fortunate to be in the East though where coming apart at the seams isn't as fatal as in the West.

exstatic
03-31-2014, 10:15 PM

He's George Hill.

03-31-2014, 10:19 PM
this. I feel bad for their fans. I like Hill and Hibbert. They're fortunate to be in the East though where coming apart at the seams isn't as fatal as in the West.
As we saw with the Blazers.

pgardn
03-31-2014, 10:22 PM

For one, he is not a PG offensively.
Defensively I would still like to have him.
Green, Leonard, and Hill playing Pops way on the perimeter...

We are damn lucky to get to watch the game as it was meant to be played.
The Pacers fans appreciate that. Laker fans will never get it.
But watching Durant and LeBron one on one is what the kiddies want.
Sell those shoes and sugar drinks.
Kobe comes back shooting next year.
The kid in the backyard passes to himself and shoves up an out of reach 3, all air.

superbigtime
03-31-2014, 10:32 PM
I'd be concerned if I were them too. The way George's FG% has dropped every month can't be ignored. Turner doesn't seem like a fit. They don't have a real point guard TBH. Hibbert is inconsistent. Stephenson is immature. West and Scola can't jump 6 inches. They are not playing well offensively. And they were thoroughly outplayed tonight, Spurs threw a lot at them. And FUCK the stupid pacer fans. Booing their own team is not going to motivate them to play better. Basketball players have the thinnest skin of all professional athletes it seems. The booing is just going to make them butt hurt and mope. Ayres talked about it in his little post game locker room interview. I don't feel one bit sorry for Indiana fans. Spurs fans are so lucky to have one of the best basketball teams -ever- to take for granted night after night, year after year.

ElNono
03-31-2014, 10:34 PM
I'd be concerned if I were them too. The way George's FG% has dropped every month can't be ignored. Turner doesn't seem like a fit. They don't have a real point guard TBH. Hibbert is inconsistent. Stephenson is immature. West and Scola can't jump 6 inches. They are not playing well offensively. And they were thoroughly outplayed tonight, Spurs threw a lot at them. And FUCK the stupid pacer fans. Booing their own team is not going to motivate them to play better. Basketball players have the thinnest skin of all professional athletes it seems. The booing is just going to make them butt hurt and mope. Ayres talked about it in his little post game locker room interview. I don't feel one bit sorry for Indiana fans. Spurs fans are so lucky to have one of the best basketball teams -ever- to take for granted night after night, year after year.

This is true, IMO.... especially that bitch ass West is probably gonna walk now that he got booed. He's got that kind of pussy ego.

look_at_g_shred
03-31-2014, 10:35 PM
No one cliff dives like ST

MI21
03-31-2014, 10:37 PM
Hill is the biggest issue on that team. Completely overrated defensively and can't dribble so they don't get into there sets quick enough and don't get any easy baskets from point guard penetration.

Did he even step foot in the lane during the game? Which means Stephenson gets the responsibility of creating which can work for a quarter, but not for a game let alone a series.

superbigtime
03-31-2014, 10:39 PM
This is true, IMO.... especially that bitch ass West is probably gonna walk now that he got booed. He's got that kind of pussy ego.Yes, perfect example right there.

exstatic
03-31-2014, 10:49 PM
No one cliff dives like ST

This. Not sure why anyone here is laughing at them. This place is just like that if we aren't riding a double digit streak.

Prime Time
03-31-2014, 11:05 PM

I use to be a big fan of the Pacers until the past month or so.

Roy Hibbert can't stop bitching to the media, Paul George can't stop bitching to the refs (honestly the kid thinks he's a lot better than he actually is, that's going to kill his development.) He also keeps doing off-the-court shit that no humble/smart player would do, and Lance Stephenson starts showboating after every decent play (even if his team is down by double digits).

Just this week I read how the Pacers stated they were "bored" of winning? (something along the lines of that.) They haven't won shit, how could they be bored :lol

I still like Indiana more than Miami, because well... Fuck Miami. But personally out East I like Washington a little more, they're my current darkhorse.

DieHardSpursFan1537
03-31-2014, 11:37 PM
I'm glad the Spurs got a great victory tonight, but I want the Pacers to reach the Finals, not the Heat. I'm afraid if the Pacers don't jump out of this slump, then we'll see Miami stride into the Finals 4 years in a row...:bang

T Park
03-31-2014, 11:41 PM
Hill is the biggest issue on that team. Completely overrated defensively and can't dribble so they don't get into there sets quick enough and don't get any easy baskets from point guard penetration.

Did he even step foot in the lane during the game? Which means Stephenson gets the responsibility of creating which can work for a quarter, but not for a game let alone a series.

In other words, same old George Hill.

playbonner15
03-31-2014, 11:42 PM
I'm glad the Spurs got a great victory tonight, but I want the Pacers to reach the Finals, not the Heat. I'm afraid if the Pacers don't jump out of this slump, then we'll see Miami stride into the Finals 4 years in a row...:bang
What? You don't want the Spurs get their revenge against the Heat?

ElNono
03-31-2014, 11:42 PM

apalisoc_9
03-31-2014, 11:44 PM
Lance probably thinks he's some sort of Star now...:lmao

therealtruth
03-31-2014, 11:46 PM
Granger wasn't that great, post-injury.

This game was essentially over at the half. The Pacer are lousy playing from behind because their offense is SO low octane. It almost doesn't matter if they get stops, because they're going to bring it down and run some crap sets and miss a shot.

Yeah but you can't put a value on what he meant to the team chemistry wise.

MI21
04-01-2014, 12:08 AM
In other words, same old George Hill.

He has barely improved since his rookie year, tbh.

MI21
04-01-2014, 12:11 AM

At a minimum, at least Lance isn't scared to fail. I don't particularly like him and his outbursts are fucking pathetic and he is just a decent player, but with how Hill plays out there (timid and scared), I can see why Stephenson would get into him.

phyzik
04-01-2014, 12:51 AM
Pacers, if they were in the western conference, would probably be fighting for a playoff birth.... same with the heat right now. I'd probably put them at most 7 and 8 either way and having to fend off a lot of teams to keep that rank.

Conversely, if the Spurs were in the Eastern conference, they would have probably beat the 72-10 bulls record at some point in the last decade.

Of course I'm spouting that out of my ass and looking through silver and black glasses but if anyone cares to compare advanced stats I'd be interested to see just how well each team would do in the opposite conference. I'd do it myself, but frankly, don't know where to begin or how to do it.

DJR210
04-01-2014, 12:58 AM

It's called being a half a fag tbh. Straight dudes don't typically take nude selfies.

phyzik
04-01-2014, 01:03 AM
It's called being a half a fag tbh. Straight dudes don't typically take nude selfies.

OK, that made me LOL.

jag
04-01-2014, 06:27 AM

superbigtime
04-01-2014, 07:16 AM
-no homo

DJR210
04-01-2014, 07:36 AM
-no homo

That's why Hibbert was so quick to cover his statement with "no homo". He knew Hill would get the wrong idea and start sending him nude selfies.

Spur|n|Austin
04-01-2014, 07:51 AM

HA :lol

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-01-2014, 08:12 AM
Really, you don't remember the Pacers doing the same exact thing to the Spurs in SA this year and this forum afterwards. I knew this was going to be a payback game the Spurs circled on their calendars, which is why I wasn't the least surprise about last night's result.

beallionaire
04-01-2014, 08:25 AM

The Spurs could find young orphans in the streets of Italy and turn them into dead eye shooters.

hahaha yes

T Park
04-01-2014, 08:48 PM
He has barely improved since his rookie year, tbh.

His shot may have improved, along with some other offensive aspects, but defensively and point guard wise yes the same maybe worse.

Budkin
04-01-2014, 09:20 PM
What? You don't want the Spurs get their revenge against the Heat?

Just like I said last year before the Heat beat the Pacers, I want the easiest road to the title possible. I don't give a shit if we have to overcome all odds to win it, I just want to win it.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
04-01-2014, 09:24 PM