PDA

View Full Version : "Go Spurs Go" Chant in Denver

SCSnare
04-01-2014, 12:58 AM
It's a few days late, but I loved this moment in the Denver game on Friday. To those of you that were at the game, great job! Loved hearing "Go Spurs Go!" loud and clear on TV while the game was in an opponent's arena.

I couldn't find a clip on youtube, so I decided to do it myself. Sorry for the choppy video, my usual program I edit stuff with couldn't handle mkv video this time for some reason, so I had to just straight up use a screen recording program while I played the video in VLC. Audio still sounds fine though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq0GQIrddDA

DJR210
04-01-2014, 01:01 AM
I heard "Old Spurs Blow" tbh.

phyzik
04-01-2014, 01:09 AM
I heard "Old Spurs Blow" tbh.

with a good set of headphones, and listening to it several times it is clearly "Go spurs Go" .... you can definitely hear the hard "G" in "Go" spurs "Go".

Even the announcers in the video mention it....

announcer 1: "can you make out what the crown is saying, Scott?"

announcer 2: "Yep"

Announcer 1: "don't want to say it?"

announcer 2: "[silence]"

jon123spurs
04-01-2014, 01:28 AM
Wow thats awesome. Spurs aka the real Americas Team tbh.

jag
04-01-2014, 06:38 AM
I heard "no means no"

Not sure what they were trying to imply

SpurAddict561
04-01-2014, 07:00 AM
"No Means No" - they were referring to the Kobe Bryant case.

Silly Coloradans, bringing up old shit

ABC
04-01-2014, 07:36 AM
I heard a faint "Go Spurs Go" chant in garbage time of the Pacers game.

Spur|n|Austin
04-01-2014, 07:39 AM
I heard "no means no"

Not sure what they were trying to imply

Gary's long gone, that's annoying.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-01-2014, 08:10 AM
Denver is a military town like SA, they have an army base and AF base, plus two AF bases like 1 hour away.

My experience is alot of Military guys love the Spurs b/c of Pop and the Admiral and b/c AF basic training is in SA and most people's first NBA is going to a Spurs game around their graduation. Plus the Spurs trainer is an ex-Marine.

Destro
04-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Along with the military Denver has a large Mexican-American population with roots in SA. They Also use to have big telecomm that recruited from southwestern bell. Denver is a cool place

ThaBigFundamental21
04-01-2014, 02:48 PM
I was at this game, and let me tell you it was amazing. Naturally I forgot to DVR the game, so I was curious if the chant was audible on tv. I'm really glad you brought it up.

From the get go this game was magical. The crowd had an unusually large amount of Spurs fans. It wasn't hostile at all, no Nuggets fans talking shit. The Spurs blew the game wide open and from there it was just a real treat to get to watch the Spurs fire on all cylinders. Too many times the Nuggets beat the Spurs in their house, I have also suffered through Pop resting the Big 3. This game was awesome. At halftime my wife and I met up with a friend from work and his wife who were also at the game and had drinks. Early in the 4th Nuggets fans had seen enough, they headed for the doors. Late in the 4th even more left as the game was 35 points out of hand, that's when the magic happened. It was out of nowhere. All the Spurs fans started chanting "Go Spurs Go!" It was odd because it just happened out of nowhere, on the road with no announcer to get it started. After the game, there was nothing but us Spurs fans high fiving, celebrating, having a good time. Once outside and across the street something odd happened. The game was over, for a good 10 minutes yet you could hear more chants of "Go Spurs Go!' coming from the Pepsi Center. Spurs fans were inside going nuts. It was surreal, I will never forget it. What a game from the Spurs being "away."

LoneStarState'sPride
04-01-2014, 05:29 PM
That is really a cool fucking story. Had to have been a special night! Nothing like getting that chant going in a hostile arena. What an experience!

DJR210
04-01-2014, 07:36 PM
"No Means No" - they were referring to the Kobe Bryant case.

Silly Coloradans, bringing up old shit

:lmao You sure it wasn't referencing the "Swaggy P" case? Rape is a pretty common thing with the Lakers.

spursfan09
04-01-2014, 08:57 PM
awesome

Rapper
04-01-2014, 10:17 PM
I was at that game and honestly I was the first to say "Go spurs Go " aloud there