PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Another year of Pringles

Clipper Nation
04-02-2014, 12:02 PM
D’Antoni has one more guaranteed season left on his Lakers contract, and the club is leaning toward retaining him despite some privately disgruntled players and massive public disdain.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2014435-has-chris-kaman-and-mike-dantonis-la-lakers-feud-come-to-an-end
:lmao Fredo
:lmao Lakers

Katherine Robinson
04-02-2014, 12:10 PM
No other coach will bother coming until the team is competitive once again.

whitemamba
04-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Meaningless until we have a competitive roster.

Killakobe81
04-02-2014, 01:28 PM

I have no issue with this, we still gonna be mediocre might as well have a mediocre coach.
To be fair D'antoni is great for inflating mediocre player stats LAkers need to get as many assets as they can (if they keep Mike) and then boos those stats and jettison them for future assets ...

ElNono
04-02-2014, 01:40 PM
No other coach will bother coming until the team is competitive once again.

Meaningless until we have a competitive roster.

If that's the case, Fredo might need to give Pringles an extension...

The Gemini Method
04-02-2014, 01:45 PM
Cheap tickets to go see this awesome brand of basketball. Too bad the nachos are still like $10...

Killakobe81
04-02-2014, 01:45 PM
If that's the case, Fredo might need to give Pringles an extension...

Bullshit in two years Lakers will be in that ass. I dont have any Lebron/Durant delusions but in two years I expect top 4 in West status IF (big IF) Mitch plays it smart and not chase the wrong FA's with max money offers not deserving.

Arcadian
04-02-2014, 02:14 PM
Bullshit in two years Lakers will be in that ass. I dont have any Lebron/Durant delusions but in two years I expect top 4 in West status IF (big IF) Mitch plays it smart and not chase the wrong FA's with max money offers not deserving.

Does that involve Kobe retiring, or will they rebuild around him and try to get him #6?

Killakobe81
04-02-2014, 02:15 PM
Does that involve Kobe retiring, or will they rebuild around him and try to get him #6?

I dont give a shit about 6 (any longer) ...would of been nice but 17 is way more important. If Kobe is not a part of it great if not, oh well .. but if we can get to 17 before Celts get 18 that is ALL that matters in the big picture.

Arcadian
04-02-2014, 02:20 PM
I dont give a shit about 6 (any longer) ...would of been nice but 17 is way more important. If Kobe is not a part of it great if not, oh well .. but if we can get to 17 before Celts get 18 that is ALL that matters in the big picture.

But what do you predict will happen? Will he insist on staying around while they rebuild?

ElNono
04-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Bullshit in two years Lakers will be in that ass.

D'Antoni only has one year left in his contract. If you're looking at two years, then you're looking at an extension. Frankly, as long as you have The Contract in the books, I don't see you guys going anywhere. I don't think there's a CBA negotiation in the interim, so I just don't see it.

RsxPiimp
04-02-2014, 02:29 PM
Unless we bring Thibs or a big time FA this summer, I'm down for another exciting season with D'Antoni. He instills confidence in his players and I have to admit, I enjoy his losing but entertaining style of badketball.

Killakobe81
04-02-2014, 02:56 PM
D'Antoni only has one year left in his contract. If you're looking at two years, then you're looking at an extension. Frankly, as long as you have The Contract in the books, I don't see you guys going anywhere. I don't think there's a CBA negotiation in the interim, so I just don't see it.

In two years Kobe is gone at the current salary. Mike D has one year left but in that one year he can continue to elevate scrubs to inflate their value.
You do realize in two years the contract is over? this year is already done (at least for my shitty team) I get Spurs have a lot of work left, but in two years right now we have no one under contract.

Killakobe81
04-02-2014, 02:57 PM
Unless we bring Thibs or a big time FA this summer, I'm down for another exciting season with D'Antoni. He instills confidence in his players and I have to admit, I enjoy his losing but entertaining style of badketball.

Problem is not having our pick next season I too would take another year of SSOL offense especially if Meeks, Swaggy P and Jordan hill stay ..

Chris
04-02-2014, 03:05 PM
How can the fans stand it? I'm surprised there hasn't been a boycott.

baseline bum
04-02-2014, 03:10 PM
In two years Kobe is gone at the current salary. Mike D has one year left but in that one year he can continue to elevate scrubs to inflate their value.
You do realize in two years the contract is over? this year is already done (at least for my shitty team) I get Spurs have a lot of work left, but in two years right now we have no one under contract.

What kind of paycut you expect out of Kobe in two years though? 2 years, $45 million?

Thread
04-02-2014, 03:47 PM
Pluck Pop outta Bowie's deathbed in the Alamo,,,watch Riley keel over from a double coronary in South Florida & it's six of one|half dozen of the other.

LkrFan
04-02-2014, 04:04 PM
Quoting Bleacher Report? That will cost you 5,000 points son. SMH

Killakobe81
04-02-2014, 04:06 PM
What kind of paycut you expect out of Kobe in two years though? 2 years, $45 million?

Who knows?! We shall see he will have less leverage if he keeps getting hurt.

hater
04-02-2014, 04:10 PM
lakerfans fail to see rebuilding starts at the head of the snake, the head coach office

:lmao expecting to amount to anything by keeping the monkey at the wheel :lol

Cry Havoc
04-02-2014, 04:13 PM

Thoughts on them pursuing Kevin Love? What other FAs are they looking at? Any favorites in the draft for LA other than the obvious triumvirate?

DPG21920
04-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Who knows?! We shall see he will have less leverage if he keeps getting hurt.

:lmao dude tore his achilles and is still the highest paid player in the NBA. He will have "less leverage". The fact he has any leverage when fully healthy he barely lead one of the most stacked teams in history to an 8th seed is beyond me. They fact they would even consider giving him another contract beyond this last albatross is even more hilarious. Less leverage - Killa, you my dude, but that's hilarious right there.

Thread
04-02-2014, 04:19 PM
:lmao dude tore his achilles and is still the highest paid player in the NBA. He will have "less leverage". The fact he has any leverage when fully healthy he barely lead one of the most stacked teams in history to an 8th seed is beyond me. They fact they would even consider giving him another contract beyond this last albatross is even more hilarious. Less leverage - Killa, you my dude, but that's hilarious right there.

And took a 20% pay cut based on 27-6-5.

But, I ain't tellin' you anything you don't know. You're just "O & 45!'ing" LF.

baseline bum
04-02-2014, 04:22 PM
And took a 20% pay cut based on The Achilles.

But, I ain't tellin' you anything you don't know. You're just "O & 45!'ing" LF.

FIFY son

Clipper Nation
04-02-2014, 04:31 PM
:lol Lakerfan trying to play it off like they didn't start chanting "We Want Phil" when Pringles was hired.... they're really maaaad as fuck that he's not getting fired :lol

The Gemini Method
04-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Played it off? Shut your mouth. There were plenty of us who didn't want Pringles hired. I, for one, was one. The dude should have never been hired. Fuckin' boycotting Pringles now.

Mugen
04-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Now, Mitch just has to trade his lottery pick and baby we got a stew goin'

ElNono
04-02-2014, 04:48 PM

What are you talking about? Kirby signed a contract that starts next year, for two more years. Mike's contract ends at the end of next season. There's one season in-between Mike current deal expiring and Kirby's new contract expiring.

That's why I was saying that, if the rationale is that no coach wants to sign while the team is shit, then they're going to have to extend Mike at least one more year.

Thread
04-02-2014, 05:18 PM
:lol Lakerfan trying to play it off like they didn't start chanting "We Want Phil" when Pringles was hired.... they're really maaaad as fuck that he's not getting fired :lol

My conscience is clear.

Kool Bob Love
04-02-2014, 05:33 PM
:lmao

whitemamba
04-02-2014, 05:33 PM

Your as dumb as the day is long tbh.

RsxPiimp
04-02-2014, 05:37 PM
Problem is not having our pick next season I too would take another year of SSOL offense especially if Meeks, Swaggy P and Jordan hill stay ..

I was kinda being sarcastic, I think. Don't even know man. My expectations for the Lakers has never been this low. This draft gives fans like you and me hope.

Btw, if we really, really suck again next year, we get to keep the pick if it's within Top 5 since it's protected.

Thread
04-02-2014, 05:38 PM

& he's a liar,,,his pants be all on fire, Whites.

Thread
04-02-2014, 05:39 PM
I was kinda being sarcastic, I think. Don't even know man. My expectations for the Lakers has never been this low. This draft gives fans like you and me hope.

Btw, if we really, really suck again next year, we get to keep the pick if it's within Top 5 since it's protected.

Are you sure about that, Pimp? Damn, I don't feel so naked now.

The Batman
04-02-2014, 05:42 PM

Too bad they won't be top 5 bad and will still lose the pick.

Thread
04-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Too bad they won't be top 5 bad and will still lose the pick.

I'll settle for this. It's like Xmas come early.

RsxPiimp
04-02-2014, 05:58 PM

Don't mind me Thread. I just miss watching some good Lakers ball.

Dex
04-02-2014, 05:59 PM
Makes sense. Not a coach in the league could do any better with that shit-show than Pringles can, and the Lakers already look like enough of a coaching burial ground as it is without putting another one to rest early.

Thread
04-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Makes sense. Not a coach in the league could do any better with that shit-show than Pringles can, and the Lakers already look like enough of a coaching burial ground as it is without putting another one to rest early.

You've nary room after last June when Pop gave one away. C'mon, Dexter, own up, doll face.

Dex
04-02-2014, 06:03 PM
You've nary room after last June when Pop gave one away. C'mon, Dexter, own up, doll face.

I already swallowed that shit sandwich and have wiped it from my memory. I'm just banking on Pop making it up come June.

tlongII
04-02-2014, 06:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9OITok40rI

Clipper Nation
04-02-2014, 06:06 PM

:lol Irony

Thread
04-02-2014, 06:08 PM
I already swallowed that shit sandwich and have wiped it from my memory.

& I'm 20 years old again.

Thebesteva
04-02-2014, 06:09 PM

Im not surprised, they cant afford to dump him tbh. They are still paying Mike Brown and D'antoni at the same time.

Thread
04-02-2014, 06:17 PM
Im not surprised, they cant afford to dump him tbh. They are still paying Mike Brown and D'antoni at the same time.

No. That fool back home took Brown off our hands.

Clipper Nation
04-02-2014, 06:21 PM
& your Cavs are stuck with him. tee, hee.

Thebesteva
04-02-2014, 06:22 PM

Doesnt matter, we still owed him about $3 million if not more before his job started in Cleveland. We also owe D'antoni another year. Fredo is killing my Lakers. I have no problem with a transitional year but this is far worst. I hope faith is restored.

PS tell your wife to stop PM'ing me about my dick.

Thread
04-02-2014, 06:24 PM
& your Cavs are stuck with him. tee, hee.

lmcontrollinao!!!

Deuce Bigalow
04-02-2014, 06:26 PM
http://img0.joyreactor.cc/pics/post/гифки-iron-man-3-фродо-песочница-670932.gif