PDA

View Full Version : Recent GM and Chrysler Recalls Show Why We Desperately Need Government Regulation

Koolaid_Man
04-02-2014, 12:59 PM
Repubs spend a lifetime trying to dissuade the public that regulation is not needed when it fact it's crucial and critical that big businesses are monitored daily...from Chemical companies spilling dirty water into rivers to American car manufacturers knowingly selling poorly designed and engineered cars that have killed people....

Imagine the standards and oil spills if there was no regulation....the whole world would be a septic with irrepressible anger wasteland by now:lol

leemajors
04-02-2014, 01:04 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2014/03/signs_of_chevy_cobalt_other_gm.html

For years, the U.S. government's auto safety watchdog sent form letters to worried owners of the Chevrolet Cobalt and other General Motors small cars, saying it didn't have enough information about problems with unexpected stalling to establish a trend or open an investigation.

The data tell a different story.

An Associated Press review of complaints to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration shows that over a nine-year period, 164 drivers reported that their 2005-2007 Chevrolet Cobalts stalled without warning. That was far more than any of the car's competitors from the same model years, except for the Toyota Corolla, which was recalled after a government investigation in 2010.

BacktoBasics
04-02-2014, 02:07 PM
Misguided at best. It doesn't seem like you understand the true nature of the problem because you're only arguing to one side of the equation. This isn't an issue about the need for more government oversight but a widespread issue with accountability. Without accountability all the oversight in the world won't make a difference. You statements add to the problem not fix it.

Looking to the government to play watchdog while completely failing to recognize the true issue...

Koolaid_Man
04-02-2014, 03:52 PM
Misguided at best. It doesn't seem like you understand the true nature of the problem because you're only arguing to one side of the equation. This isn't an issue about the need for more government oversight but a widespread issue with accountability. Without accountability all the oversight in the world won't make a difference. You statements add to the problem not fix it.

Looking to the government to play watchdog while completely failing to recognize the true issue...

actually I'm much smarter than you...you gave it away with that silly response...

How do you think you get accountability? Self regulation? Like the millions of police cases where they kill an innocent person and then conduct an internal investigation only to find there was no wrong doing...:lol you're a moron....and don't know what in the fuck you're talking about :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-03-2014, 05:31 AM

What's the true issue?

boutons_deux
04-03-2014, 05:51 AM
Without accountability all the oversight in the world won't make a difference.

accountability? how to enforce the accountability. Self-accountability, self-regulation NEVER works.

The ONLY entity with enough countervailing power to regulate, hold accountable corporations is government.

That's why the VRWC pays tea baggers to whine about making govt less powerful, about killing regulations, so the corporations can screw up people and the environment while pursuing profit.

BacktoBasics
04-03-2014, 01:43 PM
actually I'm much smarter than you...you gave it away with that silly response...

How do you think you get accountability? Self regulation? Like the millions of police cases where they kill an innocent person and then conduct an internal investigation only to find there was no wrong doing...:lol you're a moron....and don't know what in the fuck you're talking about :lolOnly someone rooted in their own lack of self confidence would reply with so many insults instead of just engaging the topic. Who said anything about self regulation? Can you find that quote?

The system of accountability within large business structures is flawed and not just flawed but exploited at the expense of the people. See we largely agree. The solution isn't to add more regulation over the top of already failing regulations. That in of itself is the inherent problem. Its why shit can't get done anymore. What's to ensure that the additional regulations won't be exposed and exploited differently than the existing flawed system?

The original structure of liability needs to be overhauled. We don't need to be adding band-aids on top of band-aids on top of casts and slings. That will only make it harder to seek accountability.

accountability? how to enforce the accountability. Self-accountability, self-regulation NEVER works.

The ONLY entity with enough countervailing power to regulate, hold accountable corporations is government.

That's why the VRWC pays tea baggers to whine about making govt less powerful, about killing regulations, so the corporations can screw up people and the environment while pursuing profit.I'm no teabagger. I never once mentioned self accountability. I only pointed out the obvious reality of the existing failure of the system and to add more garbage on top of garbage doesn't remove the original garbage. I never advocated for no regulation only a sensible approach to modernizing the existing model rather than piling on more layers of crap.

There should be a certain degree of protection for example within an LLC but the original structure almost completely shields people from all accountability with in a court of law. The core structure needs to be addressed.

Koolaid_Man
04-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Only someone rooted in their own lack of self confidence would reply with so many insults instead of just engaging the topic. Who said anything about self regulation? Can you find that quote?

The system of accountability within large business structures is flawed and not just flawed but exploited at the expense of the people. See we largely agree. The solution isn't to add more regulation over the top of already failing regulations. That in of itself is the inherent problem. Its why shit can't get done anymore. What's to ensure that the additional regulations won't be exposed and exploited differently than the existing flawed system?

The original structure of liability needs to be overhauled. We don't need to be adding band-aids on top of band-aids on top of casts and slings. That will only make it harder to seek accountability.

I'm no teabagger. I never once mentioned self accountability. I only pointed out the obvious reality of the existing failure of the system and to add more garbage on top of garbage doesn't remove the original garbage. I never advocated for no regulation only a sensible approach to modernizing the existing model rather than piling on more layers of crap.

There should be a certain degree of protection for example within an LLC but the original structure almost completely shields people from all accountability with in a court of law. The core structure needs to be addressed.

you're most def a tea-bagger and trying to disguise it...now you come up with this lame ass point about garbage on top of garbage....you baggers always complain but never have a real viable solution....what does overhaul mean and how is that pie-in-the-sky going to be achieved...admit it...you're from the Glen Beck academy of world conspiracies :lol...Government may have it's flaws but it's still the best counter balance to American Corporations seeking to pillage and plunder until America implodes from within...what we need to do is further marginalize the Repubs and let the Dems fight out a reasonable man's agenda

CosmicCowboy
04-03-2014, 04:09 PM
B2B, you are wasting your time trying to discuss issues with Koolaid. The guy is a troll and a stupid one at that.

Koolaid_Man
04-03-2014, 04:23 PM
B2B, you are wasting your time trying to discuss issues with Koolaid. The guy is a troll and a stupid one at that.

actually I'm one you can't play your little red neck Olympic games on...see I'm not a just be happy black nor am I a do whatever you say Mexican....I'm a fucking man that will put your red neck, hillbilly, pecker wood ass in check....

got that...and yeah I'm from the edumacated clan :hat

CosmicCowboy
04-03-2014, 04:35 PM
actually I'm one you can't play your little red neck Olympic games on...see I'm not a just be happy black nor am I a do whatever you say Mexican....I'm a fucking man that will put your red neck, hillbilly, pecker wood ass in check....

got that...and yeah I'm from the edumacated clan :hat

:lmao

fucking loser troll. Your shtick is old and weak.

Koolaid_Man
04-03-2014, 04:36 PM
:lmao

fucking loser troll. Your shtick is old and weak.

^ your dick just coughed :lol

BacktoBasics
04-04-2014, 12:33 PM
B2B, you are wasting your time trying to discuss issues with Koolaid. The guy is a troll and a stupid one at that.I don't think he actually knows what a teabagger is.

That tough guy shit talker schtick was played out a decade ago. Any real forum would have run him ages ago, which is probably why he's set his roots here. Nothing feels more like home to a pathetic failure than the freedom to shit on others as a means to compensate for their own inferiority complex.

Dude must have had a real hard time growing up if the only solace he can find is shitting on a public forum.