PDA

View Full Version : Knicks: Playing Carmelo at Center.

Gino-Step
04-03-2014, 01:09 AM
"Brooklyn got within 14 with 2 minutes left in the third, but the Knicks, unveiling a small lineup that had Anthony as its center, stretched their lead to 82-61 heading to the fourth."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/gamecast?gameId=400489988&version=mobile

Good to see Phil Jackson also sees the new NBA for what it is. Play big at guard spots. Play small at big man spots.

Rogue
04-03-2014, 06:03 AM
it's a trend of modern basketball imho, Pat Riley said something similar if I remember correct. Future basketball game will feature 5 small forwards of each side on the court.

Seventyniner
04-03-2014, 07:04 AM
it's a trend of modern basketball imho, Pat Riley said something similar if I remember correct. Future basketball game will feature 5 small forwards of each side on the court.

What is it with people saying that Nellie-ball is the future? I'd like to see a small forward guard someone like Pekovic.

Raven
04-03-2014, 07:33 AM
works until a team makes an adjustment tbh.

kobe4life
04-03-2014, 09:36 AM

I disagree this trend will end once the Great Satan declines to irrelevance. That crap only works in Miami but doesn't really work anywhere else.

8FOR!3
04-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Why it won't work? Because one, true point guards are going to be way too quick for SFs trying to guard them. And two, because dominant centers are going to be way too big. The Pekovic example was on point.