PDA

View Full Version : Tiago

Pages : [1] 2

MannyIsGod
04-03-2014, 08:54 PM
Doing his best to show right now why his contract was a fucking mistake. This is exactly what we can expect out of him against good teams in the playoffs.

jag
04-03-2014, 09:03 PM
Great thread. Way to come back and establish yourself as a retard

Darius McCrary
04-03-2014, 09:03 PM
He's completely infantile against OKC and MIA, it's beyond ridiculous

jimbo
04-03-2014, 09:05 PM
He's completely infantile against OKC and MIA, it's beyond ridiculous

Tiago Splitter (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3233/tiago-splitter) had 21 points and 10 rebounds, and San Antonio snapped Oklahoma City's five-game winning streak with a 105-93 victory on Monday night."I think everybody played well," Splitter said. "I was one of them. You play well and you feel better. You want to play well against these kinds of teams, these playoff teams. Of course, we've got to stay humble. It's one more game."

He had 18-9 on 7/12 shooting against the Heat when Pop rested the Big 3 too.

He's a streaky player which completely fucks with cliffdivers.

HarlemHeat37
04-03-2014, 09:09 PM
He was put in terrible positions tonight, tbh..

Most of the shots he took were under the basket in no man's land due to his teammates either over-penetrating or stupidly passing up shots..

The only bad attempt Splitter had was the layup that got destroyed by Ibaka, tbh..

I don't know what people expect him to do when he's catching the ball with 2 defenders already converged on him and no room to maneuver..

jag
04-03-2014, 09:09 PM
He's been huge during this 19 game streak. But apparently after 1 game his contract is an abortion. Please find me other 7-footers who can go for 10 and 10 when given more than 20 minutes, and tell me what they get paid.

Texas_Ranger
04-03-2014, 09:10 PM
He can be valuable only against Memphis in the playoffs and plays 20 minutes a game. LOL @ the money he's gonna make.

also he's a major pussy...

capek
04-03-2014, 09:11 PM
He's a streaky player which completely fucks with cliffdivers.

:lol Well put. 'nuff said. :tu

Darius McCrary
He has always always sucked against elite athletic teams (ie. okc and mia)

Nice to have a center that helps us dominate other teams but we're going to have to play elite teams to win a title.

HarlemHeat37
The Thunder are just a terrible matchup for the Spurs, by far the worst in the league..there's no other team that even comes close to scaring the Spurs, including Houston..

Leonard, Green and Mills are the only players that played up to expectations tonight, tbh..

SanDiegoSpursFan
04-03-2014, 09:12 PM
They keep trying this "extra pass for a great shot" idea that clearly won't work against the Thunder. They recover way too quickly. And as a result of that, he's trying to put up shots that he'd never normally try.

lil'mo
04-03-2014, 09:12 PM

it's true. fuck off jaggot

jag
04-03-2014, 09:17 PM
The Thunder are just a terrible matchup for the Spurs, by far the worst in the league..there's no other team that even comes close to scaring the Spurs, including Houston..

Leonard, Green and Mills are the only players that played up to expectations tonight, tbh..

No one in the league plays Duncan as well as Perkins. It kills the offense when Duncan tries to force the issue against him. Perkins has done this going back to his time with Boston.

Also, Ibaka isn't any good defensively 1on1, but he has a major impact coming from the weakside on penetration. The Spurs do so much passing inside the paint, it plays into what Ibaka does best defensively.

superjames1992
04-03-2014, 09:21 PM
Tiago is the only Spur with a positive +/- tonight at the moment...

Texas_Ranger
04-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Tiago is the only Spur with a positive +/- tonight at the moment...

Then Matt Bonner is the best player in the world.

Juggity
04-03-2014, 09:25 PM

:tu

MultiTroll
04-03-2014, 09:25 PM
The *travelling* call was Bullshit Thunderef.
Took away a nice move by Splitts and a good momentum hoop.

jimbo
04-03-2014, 09:26 PM
He's been huge during this 19 game streak. But apparently after 1 game his contract is an abortion. Please find me other 7-footers who can go for 10 and 10 when given more than 20 minutes, and tell me what they get paid.

You gotta add "and plays passable D" otherwise you'll get people saying shit about Robin Lopez.

MannyIsGod
04-03-2014, 09:31 PM
Doing his best to show right now why his contract was a fucking mistake. This is exactly what we can expect out of him against good teams in the playoffs.

Congrats to Tiago for being the MVP in games against teams under .500.

I stand corrected.

Darius McCrary
04-03-2014, 09:39 PM
It's just typical _Jaggoff, he's a joke tbh :lol

hater
04-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Tiago, Marco, MVParker and the fat frenchie all lost the game for us tbh

Juggity
04-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Crazy how splitter gets undervalued on spurstalk because he's been on the receiving end of 3 or 4 dunk/block highlights. I thought spurs fans were smart enough to look past highlight reels and see defensive impact. Without Splitter or an equivalent defensive big man to play next to tim, the spurs are in the lower half of the playoff teams, probably a 6-8 seed.

sexinthatsx
04-03-2014, 09:45 PM
Cliffjumpers going to cliff tbh

MannyIsGod
04-03-2014, 09:54 PM
He can be valuable only against Memphis in the playoffs and plays 20 minutes a game. LOL @ the money he's gonna make.

also he's a major pussy...

Think he might also be good against Houston but against those teams the Spurs win with or without him.

spurraider21
04-03-2014, 09:57 PM

Most of the shots he took were under the basket in no man's land due to his teammates either over-penetrating or stupidly passing up shots..

The only bad attempt Splitter had was the layup that got destroyed by Ibaka, tbh..

I don't know what people expect him to do when he's catching the ball with 2 defenders already converged on him and no room to maneuver..
This is accurate, and i made a couple of notes of this in the game thread. They were also stupid to bring him off the bench in the 2nd. When they have him out there to start, they can establish a slower tempo where Splitter can be an asset against OKC. Instead, they went out there without Splitter and Leonard and OKC predictably went on a run, got the fans involved, and the pace of the game was frantic, then Splitter came in and was completely overwhelmed, compounded by the issues you brought up.

slick'81
04-03-2014, 09:59 PM
Come on guys who sets better screens then splitter ?this is where we need him right vs big lineups? Lol 9.5 million

MannyIsGod
04-03-2014, 10:00 PM
I don't disagree that he's not going to do much when he catches the ball in those situations but those are the situations OKC left open on purpose. That was a big part of their halftime adjustment. The guards are dammed if you do dammed if you don't unless they just drain outside shots and open things up a bit more. The big they put on Tiago just basically free roams on D at that point.

jag
04-03-2014, 10:10 PM
lol who is this Darius McCrary pussy who keeps following me around

cd021
04-03-2014, 10:27 PM

Truth

ElNono
04-03-2014, 10:35 PM
It's frustrating, but he's very useful against other teams/matchups. I expected Diaw to play better, tbh... but when both Diaw and Tiago are not playing well, we lose quit a bit of a punch...

gameFACE
04-03-2014, 10:37 PM
It's not just Tiago although he was terrible tonight. The Thunder's bigs are just better than the Spurs bigs.

Raven
04-03-2014, 10:39 PM

word.

DarrinS
04-03-2014, 10:40 PM
It's frustrating, but he's very useful against other teams/matchups. I expected Diaw to play better, tbh... but when both Diaw and Tiago are not playing well, we lose quit a bit of a punch...

this

Tiago is not the reason we lost, though

weebo
04-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Poor shooting and TO's cost the Spurs this game. I would like to think its the result of tired legs.

TampaDude
04-03-2014, 10:49 PM
Poor shooting and TO's cost the Spurs this game. I would like to think its the result of tired legs.

5 games in 7 nights will do that to ya. Glad we have a few days off before playing the Grizz.

MR-Clutch
04-03-2014, 10:51 PM

This.

heyheymymy
04-03-2014, 10:53 PM
tiago is vital to our defense, he's just gotta stop getting stuffed on the offensive end

FireMicoHalili
04-03-2014, 10:59 PM
Cliffjumpers going to cliff tbh
What

sexinthatsx
04-03-2014, 11:05 PM
What

it means nothing to see here, just cliffjumpers doing what they do best - cliffjump

mercos
04-03-2014, 11:12 PM

This. Boris put him in no man's land several times. The Ibaka Effect was in full force tonight. Too many of our guys got twitchy near the rim and made some stupid passes. Tiago was on the receiving end of a lot of them.

AFBlue
04-03-2014, 11:50 PM
Bro, if you didn't already know...the Spurs signed this guy to be good against the 27 other teams that don't have a legit shot at the title. All things considered, $9M a year to get you to the conference finals isn't terrible...but it's obviously not optimal. Spurs will just have to overcome it with better play from the smalls and Boudini tbqh.

MaNu4Tres
04-04-2014, 12:03 AM
Anytime Westbrook and Ibaka outplay Tim and Tony, Thunder will win 10 times out of 10.

Also, whatever Tiago provides offensively is always just a plus. It never has been or never was a concrete component that's necessary for the Spurs to win.

Ice009
04-04-2014, 02:10 AM
5 games in 7 nights will do that to ya. Glad we have a few days off before playing the Grizz.

Was is 5 games in 7 nights? The TNT crew tried saying that the Spurs played 5 games in 8 nights late in the 4th quarter during the broadcast? Were they right or just talking shit like usual?

Baam
04-04-2014, 06:26 AM
:lol please someone post the 1000 articles from PtR and 48moh telling us how Splitter was proving he was worth his money...

:lol premature ejaculation

:lol 10M

:lol 3 post season of Bonner-like "help", 4 post season to go on his new contract

George Gervin's Afro
04-04-2014, 07:31 AM
He is so soft it makes my head hurt...

diego
04-04-2014, 07:38 AM
No one in the league plays Duncan as well as Perkins. It kills the offense when Duncan tries to force the issue against him. Perkins has done this going back to his time with Boston.

Also, Ibaka isn't any good defensively 1on1, but he has a major impact coming from the weakside on penetration. The Spurs do so much passing inside the paint, it plays into what Ibaka does best defensively.

Need to take those mid range shots against these guys, they leave us open knowing we'll force it inside... I don't know how many times I saw 3 thunder players defending in the paint

SpurSpurSpurs
04-04-2014, 08:08 AM
After watching the game, I realized Tiago has the biggest balls in our team. As big as Ayers Rock, literally! It's so huge he can't even fucking jump for blocks, rebound, tip ins, dunk with a defender or just a fucking simple layup from time to time. Fucking 8mil for a stupid form whenever he tries to make a hook shot. Softer than Gasoft since he fell down on the floor more frequently than my grandmother.

Seriously, he's good when he is playing with Manu for those sick pick and rolls. HOWEVER, he is a fucking joke in every other category. His D is overrated and his O inside the paint is as bad as Danny Green. He should fucking ask Chip to help him learn shoot 3's. Waste of height and $! :lmao

superbigtime
04-04-2014, 08:18 AM
They keep trying this "extra pass for a great shot" idea that clearly won't work against the Thunder. They recover way too quickly. And as a result of that, he's trying to put up shots that he'd never normally try.

So true. Could be said of whole team at times. As much as I like Belinelli he can make me nuts when he fakes the three then dribbles a foot inside the 3 point arc for a two pointer.

wildbill2u
04-04-2014, 08:28 AM
It's frustrating to see his layup or dunk shot get blocked so often--3 or 4 times a game-- by all kinds of centers. He must be an easy 'read' when he makes his move. Maybe he needs to learn the 'pump' fake from NASR Mohammed.

elbamba
04-04-2014, 08:52 AM
The Spurs should have just picked up Gasol or Howard. Its not like there was a huge selection on available centers. Tiago is a big reason the Spurs just won 19 in a row. Tiago is great against 98% of the teams in this league. When you play teams like OKC and Miami, you have to be better at passing to him so he is not catching the ball low so smaller defenders can get their hands in there.

Tiago will be fine and does exactly what he needs to. Tim plays less minutes as a result of Tiago's solid play this season.

Dex
04-04-2014, 08:52 AM
We've already established that Tiago is a terrible match up against the Thunder. What else is new?

200 miles
04-04-2014, 08:55 AM
After watching the game, I realized Tiago has the biggest balls in our team. As big as Ayers Rock, literally! It's so huge he can't even fucking jump for blocks, rebound, tip ins, dunk with a defender or just a fucking simple layup from time to time. Fucking 8mil for a stupid form whenever he tries to make a hook shot. Softer than Gasoft since he fell down on the floor more frequently than my grandmother.

Seriously, he's good when he is playing with Manu for those sick pick and rolls. HOWEVER, he is a fucking joke in every other category. His D is overrated and his O inside the paint is as bad as Danny Green. He should fucking ask Chip to help him learn shoot 3's. Waste of height and $! :lmao

Believe it or not, without Tiago's "overrated" D, the Spurs won't even sniff the Finals.

Trill Clinton
04-04-2014, 09:14 AM
i think tiago was tiago last night. its not his fault tony was over penetrating and giving him the ball when he was smothered by defenders.

SpurYank
04-04-2014, 09:23 AM
Here's the bottom line: If Pop thinks Splitter is essential for the Spurs' success in the future, then it is okay with me. Pop is the best in the business. Most Splitter haters on this thread expect him, Parker, Bonner, et al, to walk on water. They can't. They piss, shxt, sleep, etc. just like they do. They are normal human beings.

Slippy
04-04-2014, 09:45 AM
[QUOTE][This is accurate, and i made a couple of notes of this in the game thread. They were also stupid to bring him off the bench in the 2nd. When they have him out there to start, they can establish a slower tempo where Splitter can be an asset against OKC. Instead, they went out there without Splitter and Leonard and OKC predictably went on a run, got the fans involved, and the pace of the game was frantic, then Splitter came in and was completely overwhelmed, compounded by the issues you brought up. /QUOTE]

Pretty much this. Pop supposedly didn't care for the win. Why the panic for non playoff game.

Shortsighted spurs fans looking for scapegoat that sat most of the influential second half.

Tim got overplayed, tony coudln' t hold the ball and Marco struggled to replace manu's impact. All bigger factors.

spurspokesman
04-04-2014, 09:51 AM
Soft like Qtip cotton. Prototypical spurs big man as of late save for diaw and duncan

spurspokesman
04-04-2014, 09:53 AM
Physicality isn't a talent, nor is hitting a freaking weight room. Tiago is talented to a degree but all world soft

Slippy
04-04-2014, 09:59 AM
We've already established that Tiago is a terrible match up against the Thunder. What else is new?

It's odd fans focus on a guys that puts up a few shots and plays as the terrible match-up.

For me it's on Tony Parker who always struggles against the likes of Westbrook and Reggie Jackson on D . Then plays scared around Ibaka on offense. Its been happening for seasons now . Falls on Pop to figure out the adjustment because Tony still hasn't worked it out.

MannyIsGod
04-04-2014, 10:07 AM
it means nothing to see here, just cliffjumpers doing what they do best - cliffjump

You're calling me a cliff jumper? Who the fuck are you? Fucking new age Spurs fans.

MannyIsGod
04-04-2014, 10:11 AM
FYI - I didn't post this after the game and I didn't blame Tiago for the loss. I kept the post to a few sentences because I know some of you are really stupid and I didn't want to confuse you. I apparently failed. I'll work on using pictures next time instead. My bad.

Budkin
04-04-2014, 12:23 PM

Pretty much what the 2006-2007 Mavs were tbh.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
04-04-2014, 01:19 PM
He played bad, but Pop put him in a position he isn't comfortable with. I have no idea why Pop adjusted the lineups for the 3rd quarter, that was just plain stupid and Pop being arrogant again thinking he has more control over the game than he really does. This always happens, Pop does great, then receives countless compliments from the media, and gets arrogant thinking he has more control than the players, and tries too hard with dumb experiments that screws the team over. Happens every year, unfortunately last year it happened at the worst time.

Regarding Tiago, last night it felt like he had a bad attitude, maybe Pop got in his ear, but half the time it looked like he wasn't even hustling. That was what bothered me most. And my goodness, if he has a great pump fake and gets guys in the air, he at least needs to learn how to draw a foul! That pump fake could get Ibaka in foul trouble quickly but he has no idea how to use it.

DJB
04-04-2014, 01:22 PM

rascal
04-04-2014, 05:10 PM
It's frustrating to see his layup or dunk shot get blocked so often--3 or 4 times a game-- by all kinds of centers. He must be an easy 'read' when he makes his move. Maybe he needs to learn the 'pump' fake from NASR Mohammed.

He is too slow and can't jump- classic white man's game. This is why you cannot count on having too many white players in the playoff rotation.

TheGoldStandard
04-04-2014, 08:22 PM
I've come to realize that if we are focused on Tiago contributing enough to beat elite teams then the spurs are in trouble. He is soft he ran out of HGH or was on his period last night.

04-04-2014, 08:32 PM
After Tiago got blocked, he started playing like a pussy.

All he had to do was score 10 points and we would have won, but no.

heyheymymy
04-04-2014, 09:20 PM
tiago is a crucial defensive anchor, you can see him on defense changing shots and clogging the paint. wish he'd get back to the last 2 seasons level offensive production, though. we were seeing 20+ point games way more often back then. when he starts doing those reverse layins and finesse floaters, baby hooks, and plays the open court on the break so well it adds another dimension to the spurs and other teams can't find a solution to stop it.

sexinthatsx
04-04-2014, 09:50 PM

FYI - I didn't post this after the game and I didn't blame Tiago for the loss. I kept the post to a few sentences because I know some of you are really stupid and I didn't want to confuse you. I apparently failed. I'll work on using pictures next time instead. My bad.

1. If you didn't post this after the game when did you post it? Obviously the post was made 1 day ago, so it had to have been either during or after.
2. If you're not blaming Tiago for the loss, why does it contradict your statements of your original post?
3. If you're not trying to confuse anybody what point exactly, are you trying to make??? I might need some pictures and diagrams please.

MannyIsGod
04-04-2014, 11:49 PM
You're pretty fucking dumb, dude. I'll leave it at that.

sexinthatsx
04-05-2014, 12:57 AM
Then please explain, oh smart one

look_at_g_shred
04-05-2014, 01:31 AM
I agree that Tiago needs to grow a pair against okc. He'd really be a matchup nightmare for them if he didn't grow a pussy before each game against them. It's really strange how Blair had so much succes against them.

Johnny RIngo
04-05-2014, 01:44 AM
For me it's on Tony Parker who always struggles against the likes of Westbrook and Reggie Jackson on D . Then plays scared around Ibaka on offense. Its been happening for seasons now . Falls on Pop to figure out the adjustment because Tony still hasn't worked it out.

This will always be a problem with Parker though. It's no coincidence that the two favorites for the championship(Miami and OKC) are both teams that Parker has historically played poorly against. In order to win the championship, it's going to have to be a team effort cause Parker sure as hell isn't going to lead us to a title.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
04-05-2014, 01:44 AM
Start Baynes against OKC? Baynes is someone who would take the fight to Perkins. If anything, they get in a fight and both are ejected, and hey, Spurs are much less worse off without Baynes than OKC is without Perkins.

Baam
04-05-2014, 02:14 AM
He played bad, but Pop put him in a position he isn't comfortable with. I have no idea why Pop adjusted the lineups for the 3rd quarter, that was just plain stupid and Pop being arrogant again thinking he has more control over the game than he really does. This always happens, Pop does great, then receives countless compliments from the media, and gets arrogant thinking he has more control than the players, and tries too hard with dumb experiments that screws the team over. Happens every year, unfortunately last year it happened at the worst time.

Regarding Tiago, last night it felt like he had a bad attitude, maybe Pop got in his ear, but half the time it looked like he wasn't even hustling. That was what bothered me most. And my goodness, if he has a great pump fake and gets guys in the air, he at least needs to learn how to draw a foul! That pump fake could get Ibaka in foul trouble quickly but he has no idea how to use it.

While I mostly agree, is it ever on Tiago? Guy seemingly can do no wrong... I can't remember someone getting that kind of treatment while getting the kind of paycheck he's getting...

Baam
04-05-2014, 02:33 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/04/04/2014-04-0317_55_43.gif

FuzzyLumpkins
04-05-2014, 03:06 AM
While he missed the look, he was getting all the way to the rim posting Ibaka. Then the refs started letting them hack and any inside game was gone. He will brain fart like those misses but I would be chomping at the bit to try that again if I were him. Given even officiating Diaw and Splitter can post Ibaka. We know that now.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-05-2014, 03:08 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/04/04/2014-04-0317_55_43.gif

He is going to look at the tape, say to himself, "I had plenty of time to power dribble and lay it up with my left hand."

That is the key with Ibaka: put a body on him.

slick'81
04-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Fuckn splitter and his awful hands .atleast he didn't try and lay it up v ibaka

BatManu20
04-05-2014, 04:27 PM
He is going to look at the tape, say to himself, "I had plenty of time to power dribble and lay it up with my left hand."

A simple pump-fake would have sufficed

Slippy
04-06-2014, 05:38 AM
While he missed the look, he was getting all the way to the rim posting Ibaka. Then the refs started letting them hack and any inside game was gone. He will brain fart like those misses but I would be chomping at the bit to try that again if I were him. Given even officiating Diaw and Splitter can post Ibaka. We know that now.

In the first half Tiago scored on Ibaka with ease on a post up. Like others pointed out, all it takes is a pump fake. The key was spacing and going one on one. Later on spurs bigs were getting passes where the paint was already crowded. .Played into thunder strengths.

wildbill2u
04-06-2014, 10:44 AM
tiago is vital to our defense, he's just gotta stop getting stuffed on the offensive end

In a short sentence you captured the good and the bad with Tiago. Never seen a big get stuffed/blocked so often (not in just this game), but he does a really good job on working with Duncan on the defensive end.

Slippy
04-07-2014, 04:30 AM
This will always be a problem with Parker though. It's no coincidence that the two favorites for the championship(Miami and OKC) are both teams that Parker has historically played poorly against. In order to win the championship, it's going to have to be a team effort cause Parker sure as hell isn't going to lead us to a title.

That team effort and adjusment pop needs to make on offense starts with 2 players. KY and Manu.

Seventyniner
04-07-2014, 09:42 AM

Ibaka is an elite help-side shot blocker, but you're right that he's not going to block a post-up shot one-on-one nearly as easily.

Drom John
04-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Plus Minus is a newish stat and game plus minus has a lot of noise, but
+39 by Splitter last night is the best Spurs plus minus in a away game, and third best overall.

+41 Nestorovich 2006 against the Jazz
+40 Duncan 2007 against the Supersonics.

Man In Black
04-11-2014, 01:12 PM
Maybe Splitter needs help from the same guy who once turned Adam Archuleta from a weakling to a freak specimen:
K62tZ4MDBag

Solid D
04-11-2014, 01:18 PM
Splitter is a smart player who notices and feels the defensive positioning. Against the Mavs, late in the game, Dallas playing a matchup 2-3 zone, Tiago read the holes in the zone with a great cut and feed from Manu for a layup. The next possession, he hustled & grabbed a blocked shot, felt that he was in a seam and lofted a soft hook over a slightly out of position Dirk. That took the lead back up to 14 and caused Dallas to make a change.

He makes sound basketball reads and decisions most of the time. He deserves better than what he gets from NBA officiating crews. He is better when he plays with some fire and passion.

PingPong
04-11-2014, 01:41 PM
Splitter needs to find his Bill Laimbeer self.

BackHome
04-11-2014, 06:13 PM
One thing he needs to do this summer is work on his core strength he gets pushed around way to much for a center.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-11-2014, 06:39 PM
One thing he needs to do this summer is work on his core strength he gets pushed around way to much for a center.

His core strength has improved markedly. He contorts his body when guys are pushing on him so it's easy to see. Watch his hips and core though. They stay anchored. Power is never going to be his game but he used to get pinwheeled and at times ragdolled. He is not a great leaper and has small hands so for example against Dallas would concentrate on blocking out and let Kawhi and Tim clean up the boards. We won the rebounding battle by 6 and pulled down 48 boards.

It's also important to note that while Dirk's jumper was on, he only got 19 points. Tiago and Leonard did a great job denying him the ball and forcing Ellis to beat us. Which he couldn't.

freetiago
04-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Dirk was scoreless in the first quarter when he was guarded by Splitter
he did most of his work in the 2nd I think when the Spurs went with Leonard on Dirk and he abused him

also in that gif above people like to post
notice how Ibaka is on his way down when Splitter threw a pump fake
his 2nd jump is so ridiculously good that he can get pump faked and still recover and contest a shot
not much Splitter can do there when he also wont get love from the official

Solid D
04-11-2014, 07:36 PM
Fuzzy, free...You guys, along with several others here, obviously "get it"

MannyIsGod
04-23-2014, 10:48 PM
Splitter is a smart player who notices and feels the defensive positioning. Against the Mavs, late in the game, Dallas playing a matchup 2-3 zone, Tiago read the holes in the zone with a great cut and feed from Manu for a layup. The next possession, he hustled & grabbed a blocked shot, felt that he was in a seam and lofted a soft hook over a slightly out of position Dirk. That took the lead back up to 14 and caused Dallas to make a change.

He makes sound basketball reads and decisions most of the time. He deserves better than what he gets from NBA officiating crews. He is better when he plays with some fire and passion.

I don't disagree with him being smart but the fact of the matter is that on the offensive end when teams decide to just help off of Splitter it works as long as they can recover. Splitter is so completely unexplosive with his shooting that this works a lot and it really destroy's the offense. You saw that tonight.

He plays good defense against Dirk and no one can take that from him but he hurts the Spurs so much on offense when teams play off him that I believe its a net negative. At this point its on Pop to recognize this and just adapt immediately. Tiago sets great screens but it pretty much doesn't matter if teams play it properly because you can almost ignore him on the roll if you're fast enough to make up ground when the pass comes. And most playoff teams are.

jag
04-30-2014, 02:44 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/WellmadeThunderousFlatfish.gif

Mugen
04-30-2014, 04:27 PM
:lmao

sexinthatsx
04-30-2014, 04:55 PM
I don't disagree with him being smart but the fact of the matter is that on the offensive end when teams decide to just help off of Splitter it works as long as they can recover. Splitter is so completely unexplosive with his shooting that this works a lot and it really destroy's the offense. You saw that tonight.

He plays good defense against Dirk and no one can take that from him but he hurts the Spurs so much on offense when teams play off him that I believe its a net negative. At this point its on Pop to recognize this and just adapt immediately. Tiago sets great screens but it pretty much doesn't matter if teams play it properly because you can almost ignore him on the roll if you're fast enough to make up ground when the pass comes. And most playoff teams are.

Tiago's good screens help set up additional mismatch screens. The Spurs have a ton of plays where they do double and triple screens, and it all starts with Tiago Splitter. You're right about other teams being fast enough to make up ground, but when they get trapped and flustered in the triple screens, that's when Tiago gets a wide open dunk or layup sometimes.

MannyIsGod
04-30-2014, 08:23 PM
Tiago straight up balling right now in the fourth. Wish he'd play like this more often.

FkLA
04-30-2014, 08:23 PM
Give the Golden God his props, Manny.

MannyIsGod
04-30-2014, 08:29 PM
His D is solid tonight too but Dirk is just hitting every shot in his face. Nothing you can do about that. Best game of Tiago's life I think.

hater
04-30-2014, 08:30 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Spurminator
04-30-2014, 08:34 PM
prahps

hater
04-30-2014, 08:38 PM
it's true. fuck off jaggot

:lmao dumbass

Texas_Ranger
04-30-2014, 08:42 PM
If only he'd play like this all the time.

jimbo
04-30-2014, 08:54 PM
His D is solid tonight too but Dirk is just hitting every shot in his face. Nothing you can do about that. Best game of Tiago's life I think.

OKC in 2013 was better imo, but that was more fluky given that he was killing them with his post ups. Tonight was his best in his usual role.

and tbh if he played like this every night he'd be worth more than the 10 mil he got. See the thread created about him at the start of last year. (The Tiago is gonna get PAIDDD one)

200 miles
04-30-2014, 08:56 PM
:lol Baam where you at?

testies
04-30-2014, 08:57 PM
http://s27.postimg.org/q0ykph7nn/playoffs.jpg

Boomersgold
04-30-2014, 08:57 PM
First round MVP. It's not even close.

jag
04-30-2014, 09:08 PM

This

MannyIsGod
04-30-2014, 09:55 PM
Yeah right don't get carried away. Manu has been solid every game. Tiago has had one amazing game - tonigt, but otherwise he's been average. Its telling when Tiago not being terrible means he's the MVP. :lmao

heyheymymy
04-30-2014, 10:20 PM
tiago finally with some mans moves to the rim and finishing strong. the two and 1s were awesome.

Arc
04-30-2014, 10:22 PM
don't get me wrong, manu has been amazing this series, which is nice to see considering the egg he laid in the finals last year. but a lot of credit for manu's amazing play goes to splitter. that pnr game is destroying dallas.

testies
04-30-2014, 10:32 PM
Yeah right don't get carried away. Manu has been solid every game. Tiago has had one amazing game - tonigt, but otherwise he's been average. Its telling when Tiago not being terrible means he's the MVP. :lmao

lol, you always been a dumb tiago hater

if you cant recognize his stellar D on Dirk, and that being key to us not being 1-4 now, you are dumb

oh wait, you already are dumb

ElNono
04-30-2014, 10:34 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/WellmadeThunderousFlatfish.gif

:lmao

Chewbacca
04-30-2014, 11:03 PM

http://i57.tinypic.com/qrbsiw.jpg

T Park
04-30-2014, 11:06 PM

He's averaging a double double. I'd say that's pretty damn good.

MI21
04-30-2014, 11:15 PM

:lol @ one amazing game

Has been the Spurs best defender this series. 4 double doubles in 5 games. Shooting like 70% from the field, going ok at the free throw line and has been the primary single coverage Dirk defender who has only had one 20 point game in the series. Golden God has even been dropping dimes.

What more do you want?

DPG21920
04-30-2014, 11:24 PM
I'm convinced that MIG is not watching the games at this point. He's gone full on Barkley tbh..

pgardn
04-30-2014, 11:29 PM
Can't ask anymore of him based on his abilities right now.

Tiago is moving extraordinarily well.
The finishing at the rim is still shaky.
Maybe in one more year... Please...

slick'81
05-01-2014, 12:04 AM
Dude shut me up .i thought he was too timid,soft and overpaid but he's played with great effort and desire this series.sure he gets his shit stuffed in his face a bit too often but his work on the boards and defense on dirk has been superb

and that pass he made to a cutting tony Parker in the 4th wow

FuzzyLumpkins
05-01-2014, 12:50 AM
Nowitzki is shooting 39% for these 5 games. Splitter has been instrumental.

DrSteffo
05-01-2014, 12:51 AM
:rollin

EIC
05-01-2014, 01:13 AM
Splitter been playing very well this series. You're never going to take all the Euro out of him, but he has really stepped up. I like the idea of him and M. Gasol on our roster.

MI21
05-01-2014, 02:39 AM
Splitter been playing very well this series. You're never going to take all the Euro out of him, but he has really stepped up. I like the idea of him and M. Gasol on our roster.

South American...

justinandimcool
05-01-2014, 02:46 AM
most important player on the team and has been for a while tbh

z0sa
05-01-2014, 02:59 AM

Lol

100%duncan
05-01-2014, 06:38 AM
:lol

The Reckoning
05-01-2014, 06:50 AM
South American...

euroleague player

Capt Bringdown
05-01-2014, 06:59 AM
That pass he made last night was sensational

jag
05-01-2014, 08:08 AM
Tiago has had one amazing game - tonigt, but otherwise he's been average.

This is probably the dumbest thing you've posted in this entire thread. And that's saying something.

spurspokesman
05-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Credit is due where credit is due. We lose this series without him

superbigtime
05-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Dude shut me up .i thought he was too timid,soft and overpaid but he's played with great effort and desire this series.sure he gets his shit stuffed in his face a bit too often but his work on the boards and defense on dirk has been superb

and that pass he made to a cutting tony Parker in the 4th wow

Awesome pass. Terrific determined rebounding. Way to go Tiago!

MannyIsGod
05-01-2014, 10:46 AM
Holy shit some of your standards have gotten low. Double double for the series - against the 8TH seeded Mavs - and he's the team's MVP. Tiago is Spurstalk's retarded son that they think he is the best because he managed to walk a whole day without falling on his face. This forum would make Angel Luv look like a regular fan if Rasho were still here.

Some of his numbers have gone up. Why? Because he's playing more minutes. His per 36 minute numbers are the same except for rebounding. Rebounding has gone up because he's playing the 5th worst rebounding team in the league. Congrats Splitter - for once your you've actually make use of being a 7 footer. Have a gold fucking star!

Like I said, the dude has played well. If he manages to play this well in every series then he'll be worth more than what his contract is at. His D has been good (although I think Dirk struggling has more to do with Dirk than Tiago). But he's really playing the same just with more minutes and against a great matchup for him. Don't take my word for it. Look at the numbers.

MannyIsGod
05-01-2014, 10:48 AM
This is probably the dumbest thing you've posted in this entire thread. And that's saying something.

You're right. Being in line with his averages doesn't mean he's been average. It means he's the MVP. Thanks for showing me the error of my ways, mighty Jag.

xmas1997
05-01-2014, 11:03 AM
They all, every player, have their particular mismatches, positive and negative, depending upon the opponent so why aren't we applauding Tiago now, for helping the team get past the Mavs instead of disparaging him for other series we haven't even got to yet?
This makes no sense.

xellos88330
05-01-2014, 11:07 AM
You're right. Being in line with his averages doesn't mean he's been average. It means he's the MVP. Thanks for showing me the error of my ways, mighty Jag.

I believe Manu has been the MVP of the series so far. I agree that Tiago has been the usual in the first four games, but last night he showed just how big of an impact he can make. In that 4th quarter the dude took over. I have NEVER seen him do that. During those minutes he wasn't just playing his averages, he was going well beyond them. For around 5 critical minutes in the 4th quarter, Splitter was all over the place. Rebounding, scoring, passing, and even doing as best he could on Dirk. True that Dirk would still score, but that doesn't mean the defense wasn't solid. Dirk is ridiculously good. Tiago pretty much negated the offense from Dirk by bringing his own and creating more opportunities for teammates with his passes and rebounding. For 5 minutes out there, Tiago was in Golden God mode. LOL!!! I hope to see it again the rest of these playoffs.

xmas1997
05-01-2014, 11:10 AM
I believe Manu has been the MVP of the series so far. I agree that Tiago has been the usual in the first four games, but last night he showed just how big of an impact he can make. In that 4th quarter the dude took over. I have NEVER seen him do that. During those minutes he wasn't just playing his averages, he was going well beyond them. For around 5 critical minutes in the 4th quarter, Splitter was all over the place. Rebounding, scoring, passing, and even doing as best he could on Dirk. True that Dirk would still score, but that doesn't mean the defense wasn't solid. Dirk is ridiculously good. Tiago pretty much negated the offense from Dirk by bringing his own and creating more opportunities for teammates with his passes and rebounding. For 5 minutes out there, Tiago was in Golden God mode. LOL!!! I hope to see it again the rest of these playoffs.

It was nice to see.
I just hope he brings it again in game 6. If he does, series over, Mavs go fishing.

MannyIsGod
05-01-2014, 11:19 AM

That was the best I've ever seen him play.

100%duncan
05-01-2014, 11:22 AM
Holy shit some of your standards have gotten low. Double double for the series - against the 8TH seeded Mavs - and he's the team's MVP. Tiago is Spurstalk's retarded son that they think he is the best because he managed to walk a whole day without falling on his face. This forum would make Angel Luv look like a regular fan if Rasho were still here.

Some of his numbers have gone up. Why? Because he's playing more minutes. His per 36 minute numbers are the same except for rebounding. Rebounding has gone up because he's playing the 5th worst rebounding team in the league. Congrats Splitter - for once your you've actually make use of being a 7 footer. Have a gold fucking star!

Like I said, the dude has played well. If he manages to play this well in every series then he'll be worth more than what his contract is at. His D has been good (although I think Dirk struggling has more to do with Dirk than Tiago). But he's really playing the same just with more minutes and against a great matchup for him. Don't take my word for it. Look at the numbers.

Nice move the goal posts some more.

Mr Fundamental
05-01-2014, 12:02 PM
It takes too much time for Tiago to adapt NBA and Pop system.

Finally he is feeling good and comfortable.

The contract we gave him looks good right now.

r0drig0lac
05-01-2014, 01:03 PM
They all, every player, have their particular mismatches, positive and negative, depending upon the opponent so why aren't we applauding Tiago now, for helping the team get past the Mavs instead of disparaging him for other series we haven't even got to yet?
This makes no sense./thread

gameFACE
05-01-2014, 01:33 PM
I'll give him props for this series so far. I don't mean this as a backhanded compliment but Dallas' bigs aren't as tough and/or athletic as other WC teams so Tiago should do well. Hope he keeps it up. And it's amazing what a kick in the head can do to a person.

Beaverfuzz
05-01-2014, 01:34 PM
South American...

No, he was right with Euro...same with Ginobli. Not where they're born, where they played ball.

xmas1997
05-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Tiago is probably not going to be effective in every series, it really depends on the match ups IMHO.

Chinook
05-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Tiago is probably not going to be effective in every series, it really depends on the match ups IMHO.

Depends on what you mean by "effective". He was effective in every series last playoffs, especially defensively. He probably won't average a double-double in later series, but his mobility will be pretty essential to the Spurs' chances of making the Finals.

xmas1997
05-01-2014, 01:52 PM
Depends on what you mean by "effective". He was effective in every series last playoffs, especially defensively. He probably won't average a double-double in later series, but his mobility will be pretty essential to the Spurs' chances of making the Finals.

This is exactly what I mean. You say it more specifically than I do. I was being general.

look_at_g_shred
05-01-2014, 03:14 PM
http://tn.en.fishki.net/26/upload/en/201304/29/10133/e6e4e247290760551db41d23d32c9cbd.gif

rjv
05-01-2014, 03:48 PM
not sure i understand the point of this thread. if the playoffs are about match-ups, is the OP suggesting that every team the spurs could possibly play have a huge match-up advantage when splitter is in the lineup?

PingPong
05-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Will he hit some threes too?

ezau
05-02-2014, 02:32 AM
I know it's too early, but if the Spurs ever face OKC in the WCF, how do you think would Splitter look guarding Durant for stretches?

Baam
05-02-2014, 02:35 AM
I know it's too early, but if the Spurs ever face OKC in the WCF, how do you think would Splitter look guarding Durant for stretches?

He would look like a transgender scrub doing anything but running the PnR and getting layups against shitty defenders tbh... This is the same old Tiago.

MannyIsGod
05-06-2014, 10:13 PM
Almost more impressed with Tiago tonight than when he went off offensively against Dallas. If he plays D the rest of the series the way he has played tonight then he's worth his contract no matter what he does against OKC. I really hope he keeps it up and proves me wrong.

jag
05-06-2014, 10:23 PM
Oh shut the hell up

Chinook
05-06-2014, 10:24 PM
Almost more impressed with Tiago tonight than when he went off offensively against Dallas. If he plays D the rest of the series the way he has played tonight then he's worth his contract no matter what he does against OKC. I really hope he keeps it up and proves me wrong.

He's always been paid fairly. Right now, he's playing like a max player.

hater
05-06-2014, 10:24 PM
this thread is living proof the posters back then were as shitty as today :lol

nothing has changed :lmao

jag
05-06-2014, 10:25 PM
:lol bumping your own retarded thread because you want to hedge your bets like a pussy.

spurraider21
05-06-2014, 10:32 PM
He's always been paid fairly. Right now, he's playing like a max player.
I think max is stretching it :lol, but you know i'm a fan

spurraider21
05-06-2014, 10:36 PM
Manny, instead of trying to hedge your bets after the fact, why not make an attempt to NOT be such a reactionary asshole next time Tiago plays a poor game?

Chinook
05-06-2014, 10:38 PM
I think max is stretching it :lol, but you know i'm a fan

I mean he's getting $10 Million this year, and a max would have been $14 Million. If Hibbert can get the max by being a defender why can't Splitter?

spurraider21
05-06-2014, 10:41 PM
I mean he's getting $10 Million this year, and a max would have been $14 Million. If Hibbert can get the max by being a defender why can't Splitter?
one bad contract doesn't justify another

MannyIsGod
05-06-2014, 10:43 PM
:lol bumping your own retarded thread because you want to hedge your bets like a pussy.

If I'm wrong I have no problem facing up to it. So far, its looking like I'm wrong but its not over. That's being a pussy?

MannyIsGod
05-06-2014, 10:46 PM
Manny, instead of trying to hedge your bets after the fact, why not make an attempt to NOT be such a reactionary asshole next time Tiago plays a poor game?

One bad game? Really? Tiago was useless against Miami last year, he'll be useless against OKC if we play them again. He won't help against those teams and that hasn't changed. But the Spurs probably need him to play like this if they're going to beat Portland. And you can't get to those other two teams without beating Portland.

jag
05-06-2014, 10:47 PM
If I'm wrong I have no problem facing up to it. So far, its looking like I'm wrong but its not over. That's being a pussy?

Your take was stupid. So now you set arbitrary criteria to determine whether or not he's worthy of his contract...

That's a GNSF move. Perfect complement to your GNSF take.

:lol "Prove me wrong Tiago."

You were wrong to begin with.

MannyIsGod
05-06-2014, 10:52 PM
Your take was stupid. So now you set arbitrary criteria to determine whether or not he's worthy of his contract...

That's a GNSF move. Perfect complement to your GNSF take.

:lol "Prove me wrong Tiago."

You were wrong to begin with.

Um, you're using arbitrary criteria to determine whether or not he's worthy of the contract as well. :lmao Don't use words you don't know the meaning of.

Anyway, Tiago has so far proven me wrong. But if he disappears, then I won't have been wrong. I'd obviously rather be wrong at this point. If you think me saying this makes me a pussy, or this is me "hedging my bets" (wtf did I bet exactly?), or being GNSFlike then great. The fucks I give amount to 10 million less than Tiago's contract.

Darius McCrary
05-06-2014, 10:54 PM
:lmao MiG shitting all over _yag

jag
05-06-2014, 10:57 PM
Um, you're using arbitrary criteria to determine whether or not he's worthy of the contract as well. :lmao Don't use words you don't know the meaning of.

Anyway, Tiago has so far proven me wrong. But if he disappears, then I won't have been wrong. I'd obviously rather be wrong at this point. If you think me saying this makes me a pussy, or this is me "hedging my bets" (wtf did I bet exactly?), or being GNSFlike then great. The fucks I give amount to 10 million less than Tiago's contract.

Comparing his production to other bigs relative to their salaries is not "arbitrary."

I'd go further into what he brings to the team, on both ends of the floor, using numbers, but I realize that would go over your head.

:lol "prove me wrong Tiago!"

jag
05-06-2014, 10:57 PM
Manny is in good company...he's got pego's retarded bastard child having ass on his side.

MannyIsGod
05-06-2014, 11:05 PM
Comparing his production to other bigs relative to their salaries is not "arbitrary."

I'd go further into what he brings to the team, on both ends of the floor, using numbers, but I realize that would go over your head.

:lol "prove me wrong Tiago!"

Actually, it is. Like I said, don't use words you don't know the meaning of.

But I didn't come here to point out how shitty your vocabulary was. I came here to say that I was being proven wrong. In other words, that you were right. Oh god I'm such a GN bet hedging pussy!

100%duncan
05-06-2014, 11:07 PM
Backpedal some more faggit

jimbo
05-06-2014, 11:08 PM
one bad contract doesn't justify another

He got what he had leverage to get, as did Splitter. If Tiago had a reliable offensive game, he'd have been worth his max to someone. Maybe not the Spurs because of Duncan eating into his minutes/limiting his matchups, but definitely someone.

He'd have made the Blazers a whole lot more dangerous than they are right now.

benefactor
05-06-2014, 11:10 PM
Tiago has turned the corner. Five is coming.

jag
05-06-2014, 11:10 PM
Actually, it is. Like I said, don't use words you don't know the meaning of.

But I didn't come here to point out how shitty your vocabulary was. I came here to say that I was being proven wrong. In other words, that you were right. Oh god I'm such a GN bet hedging pussy!

Are you retarded?

Arbitrary: based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

Comparing his salary and production to the "going rate" is not "random choice or personal whim." it's actually standard practice. That's how salaries are determined. As a psychology major, I don't expect you to actually understand what I'm trying to say.

hater
05-06-2014, 11:11 PM
http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1535/15358365/2505976-8114866317-Movin.jpg!

Kori Ellis
05-06-2014, 11:11 PM
LOL I didn't know Manny still posted here.

Chinook
05-06-2014, 11:12 PM

Ironic.

The Reckoning
05-06-2014, 11:12 PM
hey look it's a kori

Kori Ellis
05-06-2014, 11:13 PM
Ironic.

Dude, I post here every day. I just use my troll names ;)

pad300
05-06-2014, 11:14 PM

I didn't know that YOU still posted here...

jag
05-06-2014, 11:15 PM
Doing his best to show right now why his contract was a fucking mistake.

:lol we should have signed that other bigman with similar production who was far cheaper... Oh wait

timtonymanu
05-06-2014, 11:16 PM
Kori Ellis sighting. Nice. :lol

Chinook

:lol Probably would too if I had my own forum.

MannyIsGod
Are you retarded?

Arbitrary: based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

Comparing his salary and production to the "going rate" is not "random choice or personal whim." it's actually standard practice. That's how salaries are determined. As a psychology major, I don't expect you to actually understand what I'm trying to say.

You know so little about the word arbitrary you just went to an internet dictionary to try to make your case for you and even that definition doesn't help you. But if it makes you feel better then, fine. Your system isn't arbitrary. Your system is great. Your a master wordsmith as well as a far superior judge of NBA talent then me.

PS I'm not a major and my degree isn't in psychology.

MannyIsGod
05-06-2014, 11:17 PM

Came back for the playoffs. Tell my homie LJ I miss talking Spurs with him.

Chinook
05-06-2014, 11:18 PM
You know so little about the word arbitrary you just went to an internet dictionary to try to make your case for you and even that definition doesn't help you. But if it makes you feel better then, fine. Your system isn't arbitrary. Your system is great. Your a master wordsmith as well as a far superior judge of NBA talent then me.

You don't get a degree in a subject. You get a major in one. You get a degree from a school within your university.

HI-FI
05-06-2014, 11:20 PM
that's actually cool if you do. I figured you guys had given up on this place, letting it rot etc.... Though I see timvp posts in his alt sometimes too.

MannyIsGod
05-06-2014, 11:22 PM
You don't get a degree in a subject. You get a major in one. You get a degree from a school within your university.

I guess I'll have to return my degree that states the exact opposite of what you just said.

jag
05-06-2014, 11:23 PM

I'm trying to break it down for you because you're obviously having trouble with the basics.

Determining the worth of his production by comparing to other players with similar production and salaries, makes no sense to you.

You prefer to determine the worth of his production, for the remainder of his contract, based on how well he plays defense the rest of this series? :lmao

jag
05-06-2014, 11:27 PM
You were wrong. Your take was shitty. You obviously haven't been paying attention. Your takes come from a place that reeks of menstruation

Chinook
05-06-2014, 11:28 PM
I guess I'll have to return my degree that states the exact opposite of what you just said.

Probably. I had three majors in college, but only one degree. Same school awards duel degrees, but they have to come from different schools. It's more likely that you're misreading it or misunderstanding it.

jimbo
05-06-2014, 11:30 PM

It's not arbitrary. It's exactly how contract negotiations work. What's the best way to get a raise? It's not to stay within the company and put your head down. It's to get a competing offer that you can use as leverage. That's your market value. That's how NBA negotiations work also. They heard that Portland was going to offer him X mil a year, so they had to offer him more.

If the Spurs could have paid Tiago less, they would have.

MannyIsGod
05-06-2014, 11:31 PM
You were wrong. Your take was shitty. You obviously haven't been paying attention. Your takes come from a place that reeks of menstruation

Yes.

NASpurs
05-06-2014, 11:31 PM

Sup Deuce.

100%duncan
05-06-2014, 11:32 PM
Wow defending your take via the dictionary now. That's low.

MannyIsGod
05-06-2014, 11:32 PM
Probably. I had three majors in college, but only one degree. Same school awards duel degrees, but they have to come from different schools. It's more likely that you're misreading it or misunderstanding it.

Yeah I'm probably misreading that diploma on my wall. You obviously know better than I do.

jag
05-06-2014, 11:34 PM
It's not arbitrary. It's exactly how contract negotiations work. What's the best way to get a raise? It's not to stay within the company and put your head down. It's to get a competing offer that you can use as leverage. That's your market value. That's how NBA negotiations work also. They heard that Portland was going to offer him X mil a year, so they had to offer him more.

If the Spurs could have paid Tiago less, they would have.

He thinks that's "my system" for determining player value.

Chinook
05-06-2014, 11:36 PM
Yeah I'm probably misreading that diploma on my wall. You obviously know better than I do.

Yeah, probably. Wouldn't surprise me. It could also be convention for your school to print it that way, even though it's technically incorrect. Or maybe you went to a college and not a university. Which school did you go to? It's probably not hard to find a picture of a diploma online to compare.

MannyIsGod
05-06-2014, 11:36 PM
He thinks that's "my system" for determining player value.

Nah dude. Its the only system in use. Its official. Its not arbitrary. You're right. :tu Teach me please. Start with the basics. They're hard for me.

MannyIsGod
05-06-2014, 11:37 PM
Yeah, probably. Wouldn't surprise me. It could also be convention for your school to print it that way, even though it's technically incorrect. Or maybe you went to a college and not a university. Which school did you go to? It's probably not hard to find a picture of a diploma online to compare.

University of Phoenix. You heard of them? I was told they were top notch.

jag
05-06-2014, 11:40 PM
Your system isn't arbitrary. Your system is great.

"Your system"

MannyIsGod
05-06-2014, 11:41 PM
Its not yours?

Chinook
05-06-2014, 11:53 PM
University of Phoenix. You heard of them? I was told they were top notch.

All right. Provided you weren't lying for no reason, here's a diploma from the University of Phoenix:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/d/r1065833-fjhgmi-hqabfgplz4/UOP_diploma.jpg

The degree is from the Axia College (whatever that is) and the major is Business. Contrast it with this one:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=TSX7qqUNGGUK5M&tbnid=yfsND6vmf6oRuM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fedms-scott.tumblr.com%2F&ei=ALxpU_-3B8n18AGG8YHwCw&bvm=bv.66111022,d.b2U&psig=AFQjCNFS6-pJnrL-1mbpSjOPG30eTMwjxg&ust=1399524711897239

This one makes it clear what the degree means and what the majors are.

MannyIsGod
05-06-2014, 11:56 PM
Of course I'm lying. I tried but I couldn't get into to the University of Phoenix. I ended up going to Devry.

Chinook
05-07-2014, 12:03 AM
Hey, it's your fault you can't be honest over something that wasn't a big deal. You tried calling _JaG out for something on which he was correct and are now dodging.

TheWriter
05-07-2014, 12:04 AM
You still in ABQ, Manny?

MannyIsGod
05-07-2014, 12:09 AM
Hey, it's your fault you can't be honest over something that wasn't a big deal. You tried calling _Jag out for something on which he was correct and are now dodging.

Why do I need to be honest? You know whats on my diploma better than I do. What exactly was Jag right about? I certianly didn't major in psychology nor do I have a degree in psychology.

I didn't go to UT, but tell me, are their degrees listed here listed incorrectly?

http://www.jsg.utexas.edu/education/undergraduate/degrees-offered/

It wasn't, and isn't a big deal, but I don't get why you need me to be honest when you obviously know these things.

MannyIsGod
05-07-2014, 12:11 AM
You still in ABQ, Manny?

Yes.

ElNono
05-07-2014, 12:11 AM
Tiago is going to be in foul trouble throughout this series... If you thought some of those calls in the 2nd half were bullshit, wait till we set foot in Portland... Blazers get amazing home cooking...

ShoogarBear
05-07-2014, 12:15 AM
Yes.

Tell easjer to stop talking about your flesh.

Chinook
05-07-2014, 12:16 AM
Why do I need to be honest? You know whats on my diploma better than I do. What exactly was Jag right about? I certianly didn't major in psychology nor do I have a degree in psychology.

I didn't go to UT, but tell me, are their degrees listed here listed incorrectly?

http://www.jsg.utexas.edu/education/undergraduate/degrees-offered/

It wasn't, and isn't a big deal, but I don't get why you need me to be honest when you obviously know these things.

Did you even look at your link? They call them majors right at the bottom of the page. The reason why they used "degree" at the top is because most people only get one major when they get their degree. Functionally, there's little harm in confusing the two, but they are in fact different.

_JaG was correct when he said the subject matter you focus your studies on is a major (or a concentration depending on the school). You were incorrect in snarkily calling it a degree and not a major. So I asked you to tell me what school you went to so I could look up a diploma to see why you were confused. It's not really that complicated.

A link to clear things up: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_difference_between_a_degree_and_a_majo r?#slide=1

MannyIsGod
05-07-2014, 12:16 AM
Tell easjer to stop talking about your flesh.

Sigh.

Mugen
05-07-2014, 12:17 AM
Diaw isn't much of an option against LMA, at least not straight up. Splitter and Duncan should get the bulk of the assignment and I like sending the occasional double as Aldridge is an average passer tbh.

Chinook
05-07-2014, 12:17 AM
Tiago is going to be in foul trouble throughout this series... If you thought some of those calls in the 2nd half were bullshit, wait till we set foot in Portland... Blazers get amazing home cooking...

Yeah, Diaw is going to have to step up, because Splitter won't be able to match minutes with Aldridge every game.

RD2191
05-07-2014, 12:18 AM
I expect early foul trouble for him early in Game 2. Tbh.

Chinook
05-07-2014, 12:21 AM
Diaw isn't much of an option against LMA, at least not straight up. Splitter and Duncan should get the bulk of the assignment and I like sending the occasional double as Aldridge is an average passer tbh.

I think Duncan would only really work if the Spurs sent doubles every so often to prevent Aldridge from driving. As far as Diaw goes, he can certainly play better. It's one thing for LA to shoot over him, but there's little reason why he should be able to drive past Diaw.

MannyIsGod
05-07-2014, 12:24 AM
Did you even look at your link? They call them majors right at the bottom of the page. The reason why they used "degree" at the top is because most people only get one major when they get their degree. Functionally, there's little harm in confusing the two, but they are in fact different.

_JaG was correct when he said the subject matter you focus your studies on is a major (or a concentration depending on the school). You were incorrect in snarkily calling it a degree and not a major. So I asked you to tell me what school you went to so I could look up a diploma to see why you were confused. It's not really that complicated.

A link to clear things up: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_difference_between_a_degree_and_a_majo r?#slide=1

This is the stupidest fucking argument I've been involved in quite some time. Jag called ME a psychology major. Go back and read it. I've never been a psychology major and I do not have a psychology degree. You then said my degree wasn't awarded in anything. My diploma specifically states bachelor of science in environmental science. If you find it so fucking hard to believe you might actually be wrong, then fine. You're right.

MannyIsGod
05-07-2014, 12:25 AM

Diaw did well against him in the 1st half, actually. I"m not too sure that will be reliable going forward but Diaw is underrated at a defender.

Robz4000
05-07-2014, 12:31 AM

Sup Kool?

Chinook
05-07-2014, 12:45 AM
This is the stupidest fucking argument I've been involved in quite some time. Jag called ME a psychology major. Go back and read it. I've never been a psychology major and I do not have a psychology degree. You then said my degree wasn't awarded in anything. My diploma specifically states bachelor of science in environmental science. If you find it so fucking hard to believe you might actually be wrong, then fine. You're right.

Technically, _JaG called himself a Pysch Major, but he may well have meant to call you one:

_JaG

... As a psychology major, I don't expect you to actually understand what I'm trying to say.

You then responded with this:

... PS I'm not a major and my degree isn't in psychology.

So I corrected you, since you thought you knew enough to act snarky about it.

If you had actually been following our exchange, you would understand that your school prints certificates like the University of Phoenix does, technically short-handing the distinction between degree and major. Had you gotten a double major, your degree would have indicated the difference, but it still would have been one degree. Like, had you also gotten a major in animal behavior, then it would have still been one degree. However, if you could have also studied environmental engineering, which could have allowed you to dual-degree in both the Life Sciences school (or the equivalent school in whatever university you went to) and the Engineering school.

In short, I don't care about the general confusion people have between degree and major. It usually doesn't matter, and it's none of my business anyway. I only brought it up because you tried to cheap-shot someone else when you didn't know yourself. This is indeed one of the stupidest arguments I've had on ST as well, but it's not my fault you both didn't know the difference and chose to flaunt that lack to knowledge for the whole forum to see.

TheWriter
05-07-2014, 12:49 AM
Yes.

For school still?

MannyIsGod
05-07-2014, 12:59 AM
For school still?

No

Chinook
05-07-2014, 01:05 AM
LOL you think Jag called himself a psych major?

As for the rest, I guess my transcripts are wrong too. I guess everything that denotes my BS in EnviSci as a BS in EnviSci is just wrong while you are right. :tu

I said he technically did. The phrase, "as a (X), ... " can technically only be applied to whatever is directly on the other side of the comma. In the case of that quote, "I" was. So, yes, he techincally did, even if he didn't intend it that way.

Again, you're just being foolish. Your transcript indicates your major. It's not a degree. The "BS" is the degree part, but the "in (X)" part indicates your major. But there's little point in continuing this line of discussion, since I've shown plenty of clear evidence why you're wrong (and given you outs) while you continue to bring up anecdotal evidence that can't be verified.

MannyIsGod
05-07-2014, 01:05 AM
For someone who didn't even understand what Jag was saying and for someone who doesn't even know the school I went to you're very sure of the practices and the way they describe the degree on both my diploma and transcripts. I guess you can't just admit you're wrong. Fair enough.

Why would it need to be verified? You obviously know.

Chinook
05-07-2014, 01:08 AM
For someone who didn't even understand what Jag was saying and for someone who doesn't even know the school I went to you're very sure of the practices and the way they describe the degree on both my diploma and transcripts. I guess you can't just admit you're wrong. Fair enough.

I don't need to know what school you go to in order to know what the words "degree" and "major" mean. I mean, you can just open up a dictionary to verify that. And I don't know what _JaG actually intended to say, since I have no idea about either of your histories. I just commented on the literal implications of his quote.

ElNono
05-07-2014, 01:10 AM
Both of you to your rooms... turn off the TV... NOW

MannyIsGod
05-07-2014, 01:11 AM
I don't need to know what school you go to in order to know what the words "degree" and "major" mean. I mean, you can just open up a dictionary to verify that. And I don't know what _JaG actually intended to say, since I have no idea about either of your histories. I just commented on the literal implications of his quote.

Oh, well if you know what the words mean then you obviously know the practices of every school who hands out degrees and how they designate them. I apologize for my indiscretion.

Chinook
05-07-2014, 01:17 AM
Oh, well if you know what the words mean then you obviously know the practices of every school who hands out degrees and how they designate them. I apologize for my indiscretion.

If I'm wrong I have no problem facing up to it.

Yeah. This is the same crawfishing crap you're pulling in this general thread. You keep trying to move goal posts and muddy the issue instead of just admitting you were wrong. You made a mistake. It's cool. No one cares, even if it was ironic that you tried to correct someone else who was actually right. Just own up to it instead of trying to hide behind a horrible argument like, 'my school doesn't care about the dictionary.' That's especially true since you feel like your alma mater is somehow as intimate of a secret as your social security number.

MannyIsGod
05-07-2014, 01:21 AM
If you were half as smart as you thought you were you'd have figured out my alma matter simply from the information on this page. Its not a secret but that doens't change the fact that you don't know. I'm not wrong, and I don't have a problem admiting when I am wrong as I showed earlier. You don't have any of the information but you somehow think you know the practice. You didn't even know what the hell Jag was saying at first, said the exact opposite, and still think you're right.

Ok then. You're right man. But This is the last thing I post on the subject. We can go back to talking about how I was wrong about Tiago instead.

Chinook
05-07-2014, 01:34 AM
If you were half as smart as you thought you were you'd have figured out my alma matter simply from the information on this page. Its not a secret but that doens't change the fact that you don't know. I'm not wrong, and I don't have a problem admiting when I am wrong as I showed earlier. You don't have any of the information but you somehow think you know the practice. You didn't even know what the hell Jag was saying at first, said the exact opposite, and still think you're right.

Ok then. You're right man. But This is the last thing I post on the subject. We can go back to talking about how I was wrong about Tiago instead.

Yeah, completely unable to admit you're wrong. You acted like a baby instead with all this sarcasm and goal-post moving. I don't care which university you go to, which I why I am not trying to figure it out. If you want to be obtuse about it, it doesn't matter to me. I only asked to help clear up your confusion. The fact that you think it's fun to try to create a mystery about that that I was supposed to solve if I paid attention to the clues is ludicrous. Act like somebody. If it's UT, I showed why you were wrong. If it's University of Phoenix, I showed why you were wrong. If it's DeVry, I showed why you were wrong. That whole part of the conversation never mattered to the point, which is that you had no idea what a degree or major was.

As I said, that quote he posted meant what I said it meant, as in that's the literal implication of that combination of words. However, there is a convention of inappropriately using that phrase to indicate what you said it meant, which is why I said you may be right. But that doesn't matter. That part of the conversation was an aside to an aside to an aside.

But yes, I'm fine dropping this. We can talk about Tiago if you want, although I imagine this thread will only be bumped to make fun of your OP from now on, unless you bump it yourself for damaged control or to brag when Splitter has an inevitable off game. Really, the life of this thread as a legitimate source of discussion has run its course.

jag
05-07-2014, 06:40 AM
This is quite possibly the worst thread in the history of ST

Mugen
05-15-2014, 01:03 AM
Shutting down Dirk and Aldridge in back 2 back series....

http://i.imgur.com/IdcMyRx.gif

Robz4000
05-15-2014, 01:05 AM
Hopefully MVsPlitter shows up against Meth tbh. If he can outplay or match Abaka the Spurs will be looking pretty.

spurraider21
05-22-2014, 12:09 AM
lol

Mugen
05-22-2014, 12:12 AM
First quarter Tiago was a straight bully tonight tbh.

spurraider21
05-22-2014, 12:13 AM
he's been a bully for a good part of the postseason. he was even blocking shots today :wow

T Park
05-22-2014, 12:31 AM
Splitter haters are prettttttttty quiet....

therealtruth
05-22-2014, 02:51 AM
It looks like he's been working on his upper body strength. He should be able to power the ball down against Lebron next time.

hater
05-22-2014, 03:15 AM
:lmao OP

what a dumb shit :lol

DrSteffo
05-22-2014, 03:41 AM
This is quite possibly the worst thread in the history of ST

But fun :)

Baam
05-22-2014, 03:53 AM
It reminds me of the Popsuckers celebrating and bumping threads left and right before 28 happened...

Premature ejaculators celebrating over their God holding his own vs Adams who is a rookie... Tiago is the reigning Finals worst player and he could very well do it again since his game has not evolved one bit.

hater
05-22-2014, 03:55 AM
It reminds me of the Popsuckers celebrating and bumping threads left and right before 28 happened...

Premature ejaculators celebrating over their God holding his own vs Adams who is a rookie... Tiago is the reigning Finals worst player and he could very well do it again since his game has not evolved one bit.

You are a dumb shit. Even if Splitter shits the bed in the Finals. He still earned his paycheck by helping Spurs get there. Not his fault if Heat is a bad matchup for him. Truth is witbout Splittef we lose in round one.

dont be a dumb ass

FuzzyLumpkins
05-22-2014, 03:57 AM

Tiago's game has not evolved? Sorry but he uses the power dribble and footwork to get his shot off consistently. He is making much better decisions on when to use his quickness to attack the rim. He used to get the ball and go straight up no matter what but now he has added a lot of junk to his game.

Pretty ignorant post tbh.

Baam
05-22-2014, 04:02 AM
Tiago's game has not evolved? Sorry but he uses the power dribble and footwork to get his shot off consistently. He is making much better decisions on when to use his quickness to attack the rim. He used to get the ball and go straight up no matter what but now he has added a lot of junk to his game.

Pretty ignorant post tbh.

He's still a turd in the post. Still has no range... Could cost this team another ring but his lovers would still fight to suck his dick...

hater
05-22-2014, 04:03 AM
You are a dumb shit. Even if Splitter shits the bed in the Finals. He still earned his paycheck by helping Spurs get there. Not his fault if Heat is a bad matchup for him. Truth is witbout Splittef we lose in round one.

dont be a dumb ass

thats directed to you baam

spurraider21
05-22-2014, 04:05 AM
Baam is a retard. in nearly a dozen threads i've asked him numerously about Splitter's defense in round 1, and he always ignores it :lol. Tiago was our best player in round 1. In round 2, he held Aldridge to under 42% shooting from the field. Now he's played well so far against OKC. Baam's worst nightmare

Baam
05-22-2014, 04:05 AM
Hater with the ultimate moral victory bads... Coming in second is good enough, please please please appreciate Splitter :lol...

Baam
05-22-2014, 04:08 AM
Baam is a retard. in nearly a dozen threads i've asked him numerously about Splitter's defense in round 1, and he always ignores it :lol. Tiago was our best player in round 1. In round 2, he held Aldridge to under 42% shooting from the field. Now he's played well so far against OKC. Baam's worst nightmare

Yet you're scared as hell he's gonna shit himself again in the Finals... And Tiago playing decent against the Ibaka less Thunder is the minimum :lol, celebrating over that :lol.

Baam
05-22-2014, 04:09 AM

How did Dirk shoot vs the rest of the team?

FuzzyLumpkins
05-22-2014, 04:18 AM
He's still a turd in the post. Still has no range... Could cost this team another ring but his lovers would still fight to suck his dick...

He has small hands so he has that funky hook shot but that is besides the point. Against Miami, he was getting stuffed on dunk attempts and weak on the boards. That has nothing to do with his post game.

He has also gotten appreciably stronger as evidenced by his work on the boards lately. He has dominated the PF he has been pitted against.

spurraider21
05-22-2014, 04:29 AM
Yet you're scared as hell he's gonna shit himself again in the Finals... And Tiago playing decent against the Ibaka less Thunder is the minimum :lol, celebrating over that :lol.
Tiago has played well in every series so far, not just against the Thunder. He played well matching up against Dirk and Aldridge. Playing well against a Thunder team that gives him fits, especially when ":cry he can't post up fisher" is of course a great plus. Am I scared he's going to have a bad finals? All Spurs fans would be scared of that. If he has a good finals, we probably win tbh.

Dirk shot 42.9% from the field compared to his season average of 49.7% you twat, with Splitter as the primary defender wearing him down.

Now that I actually have your attention, why don't you tell me what you think of Splitter's defense against Dirk in round 1 and Aldridge in round 2, holding them to 42.9% and 41.7% from the field, respectively...

T Park
05-22-2014, 08:53 AM

Lol kill yourself. This is pathetic...

T Park
05-22-2014, 08:54 AM

Pretty good. Over 48%. But you're such a brain dead sickles fuckwad that you'd rather troll from your mother's basement.

wildbill2u
05-22-2014, 10:10 AM
Its strange how all of the TV commentators, most of whom actually played in the NBA, have had nothing but good things to say about Splitter's play in the playoffs--considering how on Spurs Talk we have some REAL experts who have nothing good to say about him.

It's great to have these Spurs Talk experts give us the real scoop on Splitter from their deep fund of knowledge. Otherwise we'd be believing our own lyin' eyes.