PDA

View Full Version : Go Clippers, tbh..

HarlemHeat37
04-03-2014, 09:05 PM
Looks like we should all be cheering hard for the Clipps in round 2, tbh:lol..

Fortunately, they do have a realistic chance at beating OKC in a series..

Uriel
04-03-2014, 09:14 PM
Overreaction. Spurs would win in a 7-game series over OKC. For one, they wouldn't be playing their 5th game in 7 nights and 2nd night of a back to back against a team that had 3 days off. For two, Manu Ginobili would be playing. And for three, a potential Game 7 would be in San Antonio.

SanDiegoSpursFan
04-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Overreaction. Spurs would win in a 7-game series over OKC. For one, they wouldn't be playing their 5th game in 7 nights and 2nd night of a back to back against a team that had 3 days off. For two, Manu Ginobili would be playing. And for three, a potential Game 7 would be in San Antonio.
I wouldn't bet money on it. They're so much faster. Every game this year has come down to them just running faster than the Spurs and constantly pushing the pace. I'm having a hard time seeing how the Spurs would counter that.

lil'mo
04-03-2014, 09:17 PM
clippers got dem niggas numba

Clipper Nation
04-03-2014, 09:18 PM
What a difference a year makes.... last year, it was "Monkeyball! floppers!" and now it's "please beat OKC for us!" :downspin:

thunderup
04-03-2014, 09:18 PM
:lol Sup Harlem?

On the real, all yall better hope somebody knocks this team off. It's going to be a bloodbath if we are matched with the Spurs in the Conference finals.

Sean Cagney
04-03-2014, 09:19 PM

I am glad you are so confident we would win in a series over OKC when we have not beaten them all year long and they are a bad matchup for SA. That is the team I fear out West, we would need HC and some luck to beat them IMO (That or play great ball).

HarlemHeat37
04-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Spurs just matchup poorly with them, tbh, as much as I try to convince myself otherwise..

- Refs..Spurs just can't win the officiating battle against the Thunder, dating back to the infamous game 6..they allow the officials to get inside their heads, particularly Parker and Duncan IMO..

- Inability to finish against OKC's athleticism and length..Parker and Duncan have trouble finishing against their length, and those 2 are responsible for most of the Spurs' possession usage..

- Inability to pass and dribble against their athleticism..Mills is making shots, but he can't dribble against them..Belinelli looks completely useless in situations where he has to create off the dribble..the entire team looks overwhelmed by OKC's swarming..the Spurs system and ball movement doesn't work against OKC's defense..

The Thunder's defense is built to kill teams like the Spurs, tbh..the Clippers, for example, have Jordan inside, but poor perimeter defenders..the Thunder have Ibaka, and they have surrounded him with good defenders and length in Durant/Sefolosha/Jackson/Westbrook, etc..

- OKC's players are extremely confident against the Spurs..ugly Somalian Jackson, ugly-ass ostrich-looking Lamb, Fisher, Perkins, etc..they're all full of confidence against the Spurs, sadly..

- Durant is the 2nd greatest perimeter player since Jordan, tbh..It would be foolish to want a matchup against a player of that caliber..he's an efficient, team-oriented version of Kobe..it's frightening..

Clipper Nation
04-03-2014, 09:43 PM
the Clippers, for example, have Jordan inside, but poor perimeter defenders..

Actually, our perimeter D has been a strength for the most part this year - the Spurs' scrubs just go off on us anyway and CP3 shits himself against them, that's the main issue with that matchup....

In fact, it's DJ's defense that is heavily overrated.... he gets worked by any big with a jump shot, he still tries too hard for highlight reel blocks sometimes, and he has way too many absolutely lazy performances (i.e. his shitstained performance against the Suns last night).... he statpads rebounds and blocks and people think he's a DPOY candidate :lol

Juggity
04-03-2014, 09:46 PM
I am glad you are so confident we would win in a series over OKC when we have not beaten them all year long and they are a bad matchup for SA. That is the team I fear out West, we would need HC and some luck Pat Beverley to beat them IMO (That or play great ball).

HarlemHeat37
04-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Actually, our perimeter D has been a strength for the most part this year - the Spurs' scrubs just go off on us anyway and CP3 shits himself against them, that's the main issue with that matchup....

In fact, it's DJ's defense that is heavily overrated.... he gets worked by any big with a jump shot, he still tries too hard for highlight reel blocks sometimes, and he has way too many absolutely lazy performances (i.e. his shitstained performance against the Suns last night).... he statpads rebounds and blocks and people think he's a DPOY candidate :lol

I meant in a matchup against the Spurs..

The Spurs struggle against super-athletic defensive bigs/length/athleticism on the perimeter..

Jordan is certainly overrated on D, but he's the type of player that can disrupt the Spurs rhythm and timing..the Clippers don't have any perimeter disrupters that would bother the Spurs IMO..Crawford, Redick and Collison are all small..Granger and Dudley are really slow..Barnes is really the only long, athletic perimeter defender, and while he has been good, he doesn't stand out IMO..

Spursfanfromafar
04-03-2014, 09:50 PM
IF this wasn't a 5th game in 7 days and a back-to-back and Manu wasn't rested.. I bet, the Spurs would have won this game. There wasn't much legs under Parker, Belinelli, Green tonight. I don't fear the THunder-efs anymore.

KaiRMD1
04-03-2014, 09:51 PM
The thing is the Thunder are a very easy team to be.......once the referee advantage is taken away. Tonight's game is the perfect example. Without refs, Spurs beat the Thunder handily, with the refs, Thunder sweep Spurs

tmtcsc
04-03-2014, 09:52 PM
SMH...not worried at all. The Spurs needed this. I hope OKC does beat the Clipps, it will be that much sweeter to knock them the fuck out. It had been a while since the Spurs played an athletic team like the Thunder. They had more energy, got their hands in passing lanes and showed the Spurs they were getting a bit comfortable against lesser teams. This was a GREAT loss. Payback is coming to OKC. That Thunder will be shell shocked and barking at each other when we get them in the playoffs.

thunderup
04-03-2014, 09:53 PM
The thing is the Thunder are a very easy team to be.......once the referee advantage is taken away. Tonight's game is the perfect example. Without refs, Spurs beat the Thunder handily, with the refs, Thunder sweep Spurs
You're such a whiner, ol' sport. Take the loss like a man and act like somebody!

spurraider21
04-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Green feels wasted on OKC. Offensively, he is a spot up shooter, which is very valuable and all, but OKC is so athletic/lengthy that they close out on him easily. On the other end, Kawhi is on Durant and they trust Tony on Westbrook, so Green isn't even that valuable on that end... Unless they have Jackson + Westbrook on the floor together. Manu figures to get a lot of minutes against OKC for this reason, and he did well against them in the 2012 playoffs.

HarlemHeat37
04-03-2014, 09:54 PM
I don't buy the nonsense that the Spurs struggle against "athletic" teams, tbh:lol..

The Spurs struggle against this athletic team..they don't struggle against the Heat or Clippers, etc..

OKC is just a terrible matchup for a number of reasons, and I don't know how anybody can believe otherwise..

KaiRMD1
04-03-2014, 09:55 PM
You're such a whiner, ol' sport. Take the loss like a man and act like somebody!

Not whining, saying the truth ol' sport. But please don't respond to me, I'm enjoying the belief that your kind no longer lurk the forum

MannyIsGod
04-03-2014, 09:56 PM

The Spurs CAN win a 7 game series against the Thunder but you're a god damn idiot if you think its any better than a toss up (and I'm being really fucking generous).

HarlemHeat37
04-03-2014, 09:56 PM
Green feels wasted on OKC. Offensively, he is a spot up shooter, which is very valuable and all, but OKC is so athletic/lengthy that they close out on him easily. On the other end, Kawhi is on Durant and they trust Tony on Westbrook, so Green isn't even that valuable on that end... Unless they have Jackson + Westbrook on the floor together. Manu figures to get a lot of minutes against OKC for this reason, and he did well against them in the 2012 playoffs.

Ginobili should start and Green should come off the bench to defend Jackson, ideally..

Unfortunately, the Spurs don't have any other bench players that can create against OKC outside of Ginobili, as we saw tonight..

Patty looked great off the ball and in transition, but he has a difficult time handling the ball against OKC's traps/pressure..Belinelli just looks completely overwhelmed..Ginobili has to come off the bench and play big minutes with the bench against OKC..

MannyIsGod
04-03-2014, 09:58 PM
Bottom line is that the Spurs have a much better chance against LA than they do against OKC. I would love to see OKC get beat by LA.

Uriel
04-03-2014, 09:58 PM
IF this wasn't a 5th game in 7 days and a back-to-back and Manu wasn't rested.. I bet, the Spurs would have won this game. There wasn't much legs under Parker, Belinelli, Green tonight. I don't fear the THunder-efs anymore.
:tu :tu :tu :tu :tu

ElNono
04-03-2014, 09:59 PM
They didn't look that good... I expected better from a team well rested, that wanted this game bad... I also liked Pop putting Danny on Jackson, which we all know would nullify him...

They're a great team, but nowhere the team they were in '12...

But sure, you rather player the Clippers than this team

DesignatedT
04-03-2014, 10:01 PM
Cross that bridge when it comes. This loss actually comes at a good time. The spurs needed a wake up call. Adversity is good at the end of the season. The spurs need to worry about rounds 1 and 2 before OKC comes into their mind.

spurs1990
04-03-2014, 10:01 PM
Jesus fucking christ I don't believe for one second that Popovich was trying to win this game at all costs.

It was a back to back against a team that had 3 entire days off.

The other losses to them were all way back when the Spurs didn't even have guys like Kawhi and Green.

I feel perfectly confident the Spurs can beat these guys in the playoffs..period point blank.

freetiago
04-03-2014, 10:02 PM
everything OKC does horribly they magically do well against the Spurs
part of the problem is the "system" tbh..

Spurs roleplayers never have to take contested shots
other teams scrubs have to take bad shots and if you can hit bad shots vs OKC you can beat them
Marco should thrive vs OKC since they jump at all his fakes and he can hit offbalance shots but he just looks shook after being with the Spurs for a while

HarlemHeat37
It would be virtually impossible to win a series against a team that can successfully contain both Parker and Duncan, tbh..

Last year's playoffs, for example, the Warriors exploited Duncan, but Parker still dominated..the Heat exploited Parker, but Duncan dominated..

The Thunder consistently exploit both Tony and Tim, tbh..when a team can exploit the 2 players on your team that account for 25+ usage rates, respectively, it's going to be nearly impossible to beat them in a series..

MannyIsGod
Jesus fucking christ I don't believe for one second that Popovich was trying to win this game at all costs.

It was a back to back against a team that had 3 entire days off.

The other losses to them were all way back when the Spurs didn't even have guys like Kawhi and Green.

I feel perfectly confident the Spurs can beat these guys in the playoffs..period point blank.

Why the hell would anyone say he was trying to win at all costs when he rested Manu?

MannyIsGod
04-03-2014, 10:03 PM
Oh yeah, fuck Reggie Jackson. That dude sucks all the fucking time but against the Spurs he's become the new Derek Fisher. Fuck Derek Fisher too.

Budkin
04-03-2014, 10:04 PM

Sadly this is the truth. We just have to hope we have home court.

Budkin
04-03-2014, 10:05 PM
It would be virtually impossible to win a series against a team that can successfully contain both Parker and Duncan, tbh..

Last year's playoffs, for example, the Warriors exploited Duncan, but Parker still dominated..the Heat exploited Parker, but Duncan dominated..

The Thunder consistently exploit both Tony and Tim, tbh..when a team can exploit the 2 players on your team that account for 25+ usage rates, respectively, it's going to be nearly impossible to beat them in a series..

People joke about about it but Manu really is the key then. No?

Mugen
Kawhi picking up his 3rd on a routine out of bounds play was the turning point tbh. But the fact that the Thunder get those calls is just another part of why they match up well with the Spurs tbh.

Home court is huge against OKC and the saving grace in a series against them IMO.

HarlemHeat37
The Spurs can beat them, sure, anything can happen..it's just unlikely IMO..

Matchups play a huge part in this league, obviously, as we see every year..

spurraider21
Ginobili should start and Green should come off the bench to defend Jackson, ideally..

Unfortunately, the Spurs don't have any other bench players that can create against OKC outside of Ginobili, as we saw tonight..

Patty looked great off the ball and in transition, but he has a difficult time handling the ball against OKC's traps/pressure..Belinelli just looks completely overwhelmed..Ginobili has to come off the bench and play big minutes with the bench against OKC..
I agree about having Manu starting. he can also get ibaka into foul trouble if he tries to be overaggressive with his shotblocking, as manu is a crafty sonbitch

Diaw can still be a factor off the bench, and its also a matter of how many minutes Duncan/Parker can play. Belinelli has been accurately described by many here (including you iirc) has a secondary playmaker. He can't play the manu role of de-facto point guard.

MannyIsGod
04-03-2014, 10:07 PM
People joke about about it but Manu really is the key then. No?

Missing Manu was definitely huge tonight. The 2nd unit looked pretty bad at times without him to key things.

baseline bum
04-03-2014, 10:07 PM
Spurs just matchup poorly with them, tbh, as much as I try to convince myself otherwise..

- Refs..Spurs just can't win the officiating battle against the Thunder, dating back to the infamous game 6..they allow the officials to get inside their heads, particularly Parker and Duncan IMO..

- Inability to finish against OKC's athleticism and length..Parker and Duncan have trouble finishing against their length, and those 2 are responsible for most of the Spurs' possession usage..

- Inability to pass and dribble against their athleticism..Mills is making shots, but he can't dribble against them..Belinelli looks completely useless in situations where he has to create off the dribble..the entire team looks overwhelmed by OKC's swarming..the Spurs system and ball movement doesn't work against OKC's defense..

The Thunder's defense is built to kill teams like the Spurs, tbh..the Clippers, for example, have Jordan inside, but poor perimeter defenders..the Thunder have Ibaka, and they have surrounded him with good defenders and length in Durant/Sefolosha/Jackson/Westbrook, etc..

- OKC's players are extremely confident against the Spurs..ugly Somalian Jackson, ugly-ass ostrich-looking Lamb, Fisher, Perkins, etc..they're all full of confidence against the Spurs, sadly..

- Durant is the 2nd greatest perimeter player since Jordan, tbh..It would be foolish to want a matchup against a player of that caliber..he's an efficient, team-oriented version of Kobe..it's frightening..

Also, Perkins just neutralizes Duncan.

HarlemHeat37
04-03-2014, 10:15 PM
The Spurs are one of like 3 teams in the league that Perkins can successfully play against:lol..

Budkin
04-03-2014, 10:15 PM
Also, Perkins just neutralizes Duncan.

:lmao

baseline bum
04-03-2014, 10:16 PM
:lmao

My bad, dominating Kobe-esque performance tonight.

ElNono
04-03-2014, 10:17 PM
Oh yeah, fuck Reggie Jackson. That dude sucks all the fucking time but against the Spurs he's become the new Derek Fisher. Fuck Derek Fisher too.

Actually, Reggie was pretty calm when Danny was on him... which was also expected.

BatManu20
04-03-2014, 10:19 PM
Worst case scenario, OKC beats us and then inevitably loses to miami in the Finals. Either way, they lose so it wouldn't be the end of the world.

wildchild
04-03-2014, 10:54 PM
I don't think 5th game-7 days/rest Manu has strongly influenced tonight game.
Fast, strong, young, athletic guys, the Thunder looks like the classic bad matchup for the Spurs.
A difficult matchup doesn't mean a team is better than other, just the Thunder matches up with our best offensive threats.
If Clippers is a bad matchup for OKC and we not, so...Go Clips!

daslicer
04-03-2014, 10:59 PM
Worst case scenario, OKC beats us and then inevitably loses to miami in the Finals. Either way, they lose so it wouldn't be the end of the world.

If they go back to the Finals they are going to become this generations Utah Jazz. The only positive out of seeing them lose in the finals again is that it will be a huge psychological blow to their egos and I think it will be the end of them as a team chemistry wise. Granted it doesn't help the spurs but it will be fun watching them implode next year.

Sean Cagney
04-03-2014, 11:08 PM
Yeah but we don't have that guy on our team, and he is hurt! Lets go make him healthy and steal him form the Rockets.

T Park
04-03-2014, 11:10 PM
They didn't look that good... I expected better from a team well rested, that wanted this game bad... I also liked Pop putting Danny on Jackson, which we all know would nullify him...

They're a great team, but nowhere the team they were in '12...

But sure, you rather player the Clippers than this team

This. The spurs have improved as a team while the thunder have improved individually a IE durant, Westbrook.

Harden not being there will be there downfall. They don't have a reliable go to 3rd scorer

TE
04-04-2014, 12:25 AM
So what is the consensus on who we all want the Thunder to play in the first and second rounds tbh?

First: Dallas? Memphis? Golden State??
Second: Clips?

HarlemHeat37
04-04-2014, 12:31 AM
So what is the consensus on who we all want the Thunder to play in the first and second rounds tbh?

First: Dallas? Memphis? Golden State??
Second: Clips?

Warriors and Clippers would be perfect..

dg7md
04-04-2014, 01:16 AM
Thunder are nothing without Harden tbh. They're a solid team but I don't think they can beat us in a 7 game series. Running and "being athletic" won't win games, scoring points will and our team's offense is better.

There were a lot of factors against us in this game. We just won 19 straight, this was a back-to-back, and Ginobili didn't play.

In good news, Patty was amazing out there in his minutes. It's not really a bad loss to have.

rayray2k8
04-04-2014, 01:27 AM
OKC with Harden is a really bad match up for SAS. But without Harden, OKC loses that edge. They're still a match-up problem for the Spurs, but I'll take shots from Westbrook determines the series for OKC, I'll gladly take that chance. GODDAMNIT, JUST START THE PLAYOFFS!!

spurraider21
04-04-2014, 01:33 AM
OKC takes away the little pocket bounce passes off the pick and roll, which has been a huge part of our offense this year. We tried it over and over and it resulted in turnovers. Our offense against them can't be our pretty euro fancy passing/backdoor cut stuff. We have to be more gritty against their defense. Look at Kawhi today. Tough shots, but some hard drives, post ups, etc. Duncan has to be better. Perkins guards him well blablabla, Duncan was missing a lot of shots he could easily make, although he arguably got hacked a few times. When Westbrook is on Parker, TP is going to have to take those midrange jumpers we hate, because its a shot they often give him. Defensively, we do fine in the halfcourt. Yeah, they'll make some shots. Durant scores against perfect defense all the time, and Westbrook might have poor shot selection, but he still can get buckets regardless of the defense. Sometimes Ibaka will break free for a dunk. It's gna happen. We have to grind on offense and show more resolve than today, instead of folding after 2 turnovers. But we can get it done

InRareForm
04-04-2014, 01:34 AM
really a small sample size tbh... I think Spurs are too good of a team to just surrender white flag on OKC and call it a year. Obviously with HCA, this series is going 6 or 7. Adjustments will be made, and Spurs should be a slight favorite even with all their "athleticism"

InRareForm
04-04-2014, 01:37 AM
I also don't think Pop didn't want to show too much this game with strategy.... while we know OKC is dangerous... don't let this game factor in what will happen in playoffs.

rayray2k8
04-04-2014, 01:46 AM
I also don't think Pop didn't want to show too much this game with strategy.... while we know OKC is dangerous... don't let this game factor in what will happen in playoffs.

I doubt any of us thought that to begin with. Had the Spurs won this game, footage from this game would have done much good. They know each other well since the 2012 playoffs so adjustments will be made. I am somewhat happy that we have someone on the bench that can match Durants length and more importantly have 6 fouls to throw at him. I'm referring to Austin Day of course.. Still have no idea how he got hurt. :/

Hoops Czar
04-04-2014, 02:01 AM
Nope. In order to be the best, you need to beat the best. Bring on OKC in the WCF's. Unless you're into asterisks of course. Then, the Clippers would be a fine match up.

HarlemHeat37
04-04-2014, 02:18 AM
Well, I guess that means like 75% of the champions in NBA history have asterisks next to them:lol..

Hoops Czar
04-04-2014, 02:27 AM
Well, I guess that means like 75% of the champions in NBA history have asterisks next to them:lol..

This one won't because the Clippers won't beat the Thunder in a seven game series.

JohnnyMax
04-04-2014, 02:40 AM

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1169700/fisherwink.gif

Malik Hairston
05-05-2014, 10:44 PM
1 down, 3 to go, tbh..

sook
05-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Reggie Jackson is the ugliest mofo I've ever seen.. thats reason enough to root for the clippers imo

slick'81
05-05-2014, 10:55 PM
Okc getting owned loving it

Hoops Czar
05-05-2014, 10:57 PM
If the Clippers play like this, the Spurs aren't beating them either. Not sure why everybody's jumping for joy. It's pick your poison, tbh.

noles1983
05-05-2014, 10:58 PM
If the Clippers play like this, the Spurs aren't beating them either. Not sure why everybody's jumping for joy. It's pick your poison, tbh.

worst case scenario, I can root for the clips in the finals. Cant do that with the thunder

Hoops Czar
05-05-2014, 10:59 PM
worst case scenario, I can root for the clips in the finals. Cant do that with the thunder

If that's worst case scenarion, I'll skip the finals altogether.

Malik Hairston
05-05-2014, 11:04 PM
The Thunder, Rockets and Blazers are all far worse matchups for the Spurs than the Clippers, tbh..those 3 teams all have multiple strengths that attack the Spurs' primary weaknesses(pick&roll attack that makes Duncan a liability, long defender that can guard Parker, stretch bigs)..

hater
05-05-2014, 11:07 PM
disagree with the premise of this thread. Spurs have always eliminated Paul. Like the saying goes Everytime the bucket a-go-a-well... IMO this year is most possibly the year Paul get his revenge on his nemesis the Spurs.

On the other hand, the Spurs have a LOT of disdain and bad blood with OKC, given they backdoored us less than 2 years ago. The Spurs would give it their 110% in that series. and the way OKC is struggling, I take the struggling team over America's Sweetheart.

Go Thunder. :tu

that being said, the Blazers could possibly make either of those 2 series unlikely... time to concentrate on the current series

spurraider21
05-05-2014, 11:09 PM
the Spurs love matchups against teams that play 2 bigs, and the Clippers do that quite a bit. the spurs look different when Splitter is actually relevant, and he'd have that opportunity against the Clippers more so than against the Thunder.

Malik Hairston
05-05-2014, 11:10 PM
I don't know how there are still so many Spurs fans that deny OKC's dominance over the Spurs, tbh:lol..

DarrinS
05-05-2014, 11:12 PM
I don't know how there are still so many Spurs fans that deny OKC's dominance over Parker, tbh:lol..

Fify

Malik Hairston
05-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Duncan sucks against OKC, too, tbh..

Chinook
05-05-2014, 11:27 PM

Because they won't play like this. They're almost certainly not even going to beat OKC, but they certainly wouldn't beat the Spurs. OKC has a lot of talented players, but they sorely lack the defensive talent the Spurs have. They definitely lack the defensive discipline the Spurs have. Even so, Paul will not run free later in the series (although I obviously hope he does).

I'm not scared of the Clippers at all. The Spurs are a horrible match-up for them, despite what Barkley thinks.

Beaverfuzz
05-05-2014, 11:28 PM
Not getting ahead of ourselves, but Spurs match up well vs the Slipps...and so does Portland to a lesser extent.

SpurPadre
05-05-2014, 11:28 PM
At some point, the refs and/or the league will tilt things to the thunder's favor against the clips. They'll probably decide to suspend Griffin because he farted in Durant's general direction.

DarrinS
05-05-2014, 11:31 PM
Duncan sucks against OKC, too, tbh..

TP sees Siphilis (or whatever his name is) and literally shits himself.

hater
05-05-2014, 11:31 PM
:lol never seen a fanbase so scared of a team like spursfan of okc tbh

DarrinS
05-05-2014, 11:32 PM

Meh, not really.

SpurPadre
05-05-2014, 11:36 PM

Because you just don't face okc, you face the refs AND the league at the same time.

Malik Hairston
05-05-2014, 11:37 PM

I don't deny the fear, but we were more afraid of the Shaq Lakers, tbh..

DarrinS
05-05-2014, 11:38 PM
I don't deny the fear, but we were more afraid of the Shaq Lakers, tbh..

Easily

Hoops Czar
05-05-2014, 11:50 PM
Because they wron't play like this. They're almost certainly not even going to beat OKC, but they certainly wouldn't beat the Spurs. OKC has a lot of talented players, but they sorely lack the defensive talent the Spurs have. They definitely lack the defensive discipline the Spurs have. Even so, Paul will not run free later in the series (although I obviously hope he does).

I'm not scared of the Clippers at all. The Spurs are a horrible match-up for them, despite what Barkley thinks.

Give or take a word or two, this was exactly what was said back in 2012 when talking about OKC. Careful what you wish for. These aren't the same two teams that met in the 2012 WCF semis and you can't take stock in "meaningless" regular season games. No matter who they face in the next round, it will be a flat ot battle and they'd better not lose home court.

Horry Hipcheck
05-05-2014, 11:52 PM

I'll risk the Clippers dropping off a little and the Spurs exploiting their weaknesses in a WCF matchup over meeting OKC any day. The Thunder live for tearing the Spurs apart. The Clips do not.

Darius McCrary
05-05-2014, 11:55 PM
I don't know how there are still so many Spurs fans that deny OKC's dominance over the Spurs, tbh:lol..
Seriously. But they're there.

Clipper Nation
05-05-2014, 11:58 PM
Careful what you wish for, Spurfan :nope

Besides, we need to get past MethKC first and you need to beat Portland before anyone even starts discussing a Spurs/Clipps WCF :lol

hitmantb
05-06-2014, 12:03 AM
Thunder, Clipper, Heat are all significantly more talented than the Spurs and would beat the Spurs if both teams play at 100%. Heck even Portland has a stronger starting five.

However Popvich can get 120% out of his players (Green last year) while slow down the opposing star temporarily (LeBron) with multiple looks on defense. And Spurs passing game really hides star short comings. While the other teams tend to play ISO ball and have no real systems. Still it all depends on which version of the opposing team shows up. Spurs play at a very consistent level, but more talented teams after they get whooped CAN make adjustments and rise to a higher level that is just too much for Spurs's current level of physicality and athleticism. Honestly Thunder learned a lot from the Spurs in game 1-2 in 2012, had they continued to play team ball they did in 3-6, they would beat the Heat.

And Clippers can beat Spurs this year, remember they have Rivers now so they are running real sets with their ridiculous star power and decked out team. Paul/Griffin and the current supporting cast is very comparable to peak Nash/Stoudemire Suns. The difference is GDP is no longer prime GDP and with a much better coach than D'Antoni, Clippers will most likely beat the Spurs if both teams played at peak level.

However, never underestimate the heart of a champion! Spurs always stand a chance with their mental toughness, coaching and beautiful passing. It can still beat more talented teams if they are stuck in hero + ISO mode for too long.

rmt
05-06-2014, 12:36 AM
OKC has a lot of confidence against the Spurs - even the scrubs (especially Jackson) - not to mention Fisher - I think his eyes light up seeing the silver and black. Clippers - no so much - Spurs have handed them some pretty bad losses even though Doc's at the helm now so I'm sure things will be different. IF and that's a BIG IF, they get past POR, I prefer LAC. They're more likely to play big which will keep Splitter on the floor. Don't want to see OKC with KD at PF and their speedy players (Westbrooke and Jackson) running circles around the Spurs. Besides, LAC is not as long and athletic as OKC.

Malik Hairston
05-06-2014, 12:37 AM
:lol Tom Rivers's impact, tbh..

Clipper Nation
05-06-2014, 12:43 AM
:lol Tom Rivers's impact, tbh..
Laugh at Doc all you want, but with Vinny, we'd have lost to the Warriors in 5 and wouldn't even be discussing Game 1 against MethKC right now :lol

Chinook
05-06-2014, 12:44 AM
Give or take a word or two, this was exactly what was said back in 2012 when talking about OKC. Careful what you wish for. These aren't the same two teams that met in the 2012 WCF semis and you can't take stock in "meaningless" regular season games. No matter who they face in the next round, it will be a flat ot battle and they'd better not lose home court.

Not even close. The Cilppers and Thunder are pretty much opposites of each other. If anything, it's reminiscent of the 2012 WCSF, which ended up being exactly what we thought.

hater
05-06-2014, 12:51 AM

Boom. Hoops.czar with the truth patriot missiles to save the day. Ya'll been schooled :lol

Hoops Czar
05-06-2014, 12:52 AM
OKC has a lot of confidence against the Spurs - even the scrubs (especially Jackson) - not to mention Fisher - I think his eyes light up seeing the silver and black. Clippers - no so much - Spurs have handed them some pretty bad losses even though Doc's at the helm now so I'm sure things will be different. IF and that's a BIG IF, they get past POR, I prefer LAC. They're more likely to play big which will keep Splitter on the floor. Don't want to see OKC with KD at PF and their speedy players (Westbrooke and Jackson) running circles around the Spurs. Besides, LAC is not as long and athletic as OKC.

If Jackson is a scrub, what does that make Mills and Belinelli?

MI21
05-06-2014, 12:53 AM
I think the Spurs would have a harder time defeating Portland than the Clippers, tbh.

OKC are another story. I can't imagine the Spurs beating them 4 times in 7 games.

Malik Hairston
05-06-2014, 01:02 AM
This thread isn't claiming the Clippers are an easy opponent, it's about the Thunder being a much worse match-up for the Spurs, which isn't really arguable, tbh:lol..

Entering the playoffs, the Thunder and Rockets were by far the worst potential Spurs opponents..Portland is 3rd IMO, despite being an inferior team to the Clippers, overall..

ezau
05-06-2014, 01:07 AM
Careful what you wish for, Spurfan :nope

Besides, we need to get past MethKC first and you need to beat Portland before anyone even starts discussing a Spurs/Clipps WCF :lol

Imagine the envy of Laker fans if the Clips actually reach the WCF:lol

hater
05-06-2014, 01:08 AM
This thread isn't claiming the Clippers are an easy opponent, it's about the Thunder being a much worse match-up for the Spurs, which isn't really arguable, tbh:lol..

Entering the playoffs, the Thunder and Rockets were by far the worst potential Spurs opponents..Portland is 3rd IMO, despite being an inferior team to the Clippers, overall..

Even if okc is a worse matchup which is debatable. Okc is struggling while Clips are clicking on all cylinderz and have the favor of America now due to Sterling saga.

so whatever matchup issues there may be, they are pobably washed out at this point in time

Malik Hairston
05-06-2014, 01:10 AM
- OKC having the matchup advantage isn't debatable, have you not been watching the past few years of Thunder-Spurs matchups?:lol..the Clippers don't possess the traits that give the Spurs the most trouble, tbh..

- The Clippers just went to 7 games against a Warriors team without Bogut and playing David Lee at C..they haven't had a dominant playoffs, so far, at all:lol..

Hoops Czar
05-06-2014, 01:12 AM
Not even close. The Cilppers and Thunder are pretty much opposites of each other. If anything, it's reminiscent of the 2012 WCSF, which ended up being exactly what we thought.

Should of been here Chinook. It was a classic LOL moment. Not sure what you mean by "we". Not one analyst, broadcaster or fan thought the inexperienced Thunder had a chance (not even the majority of Thunder fans). Spurs fans were so arrogant and cocky, they were spamming the OKC message board. After the backdoor sweep, it was like somebody dropped an atomic bomb on Spurstalk.

spurraider21
05-06-2014, 01:13 AM
the Thunder are easily the worst matchup in the NBA for the Spurs... that's not to say its impossible for us to beat them, but lets just call a spade a spade. The way they play us, it gives our team fits. We have to totally alter the way we play on both ends when playing OKC. The Clippers are a much more natural matchup for most of our players. Yeah, we have a Portland series ahead of us first, but its not illegal to discuss possible future matchups :lol

Malik Hairston
05-06-2014, 01:16 AM
Portland has a solid chance of beating the Spurs IMO, but we should still hope that the Clippers can knock off OKC, tbh..

And the Clippers aren't really more likeable than OKC IMO, so it isn't for that reason, obviously..the Clippers' players and especially Tom Rivers are disgusting for choosing to sign with a proven racist and condoning his behaviour..

Hoops Czar
05-06-2014, 01:19 AM
- OKC having the matchup advantage isn't debatable, have you not been watching the past few years of Thunder-Spurs matchups?:lol..the Clippers don't possess the traits that give the Spurs the most trouble, tbh..

- The Clippers just went to 7 games against a Warriors team without Bogut and playing David Lee at C..they haven't had a dominant playoffs, so far, at all:lol..

The Spurs just went seven vs the Mavs. Are you saying that's impressive? The Spurs are worse and the Clippers are far better than when they met in 2012. OKC might be a tougher matchup but they're not beating either one playing like they've been playing.

Malik Hairston
05-06-2014, 01:24 AM
The Spurs just went seven vs the Mavs. Are you saying that's impressive? The Spurs are worse and the Clippers are far better than when they met in 2012. OKC might be a tougher matchup but they're not beating either one playing like they've been playing.

I didn't say anything about the Spurs' performance, so far, we're discussing the Clippers "clicking" compared to OKC:lol..

The Spurs don't look great, obviously, I'm concerned about the tougher Portland matchup more so than the Uncle Clippers, though..

hater
05-06-2014, 01:26 AM

:lol how many games did the Spurs go vs the 8th seed in the West?

Chinook
05-06-2014, 02:29 AM
Should of been here Chinook. It was a classic LOL moment. Not sure what you mean by "we". Not one analyst, broadcaster or fan thought the inexperienced Thunder had a chance (not even the majority of Thunder fans). Spurs fans were so arrogant and cocky, they were spamming the OKC message board. After the backdoor sweep, it was like somebody dropped an atomic bomb on Spurstalk.

You're right that I haven't been posting on ST that long. But I lurked occasionally, read media coverage and watched the games. I can totally imagine people underestimating the Thunder in 2012. No one knew how good they were going to get because they were very young. People also overlooked how inexperienced the Medium Three were, and especially how inexperienced Pop and the team in general was with understanding the Medium Three. The 20 games were fool's goal, especially after Pop panicked and benched Green even though he was the team's best defender.

That's incidental, though. The Clippers are a known team. Yes, they are better than they were in 2012, but not by much. They're best players have stayed the same with the exception of Griffin, who's gotten better but still isn't on the same level as Durant. Their wings are stronger but still lag behind the Spurs' wings. Chris Paul is still Chris Paul, and I don't mean that in a good way. A viable case can be made that LAC was the sixth-best team in the Western bracket and that injuries gave them the series against Golden State. It's possible that they beat the Spurs if fluky stuff happens or someone gets hurt. But they are much worse on paper, and I'd expect a Memphis-style sweep if both they and the Spurs make it to the WCF.

will_spurs
05-06-2014, 03:49 AM
OKC plays 8 versus 5, there's no way we can beat them in a 7 game series.

That's the #1 reason to be a Clippers fan right now. The #2 reason is that Lakers fans are livid just thinking about the Clippers in the WCF, and that's priceless.

Baam
05-06-2014, 04:12 AM
OKC plays 8 versus 5, there's no way we can beat them in a 7 game series.

That's the #1 reason to be a Clippers fan right now. The #2 reason is that Lakers fans are livid just thinking about the Clippers in the WCF, and that's priceless.

There's many more reason than this... Tiago is useless against the Thunder who don't have low post scorers while he'd be used fully vs the Clips... Also Perkins was signed to guard guys like Tim, Ibaka is a nightmare for our guards and he can help a whole lot since he only has to guard Splitter. Reggie Jackson is at his best against the weak defense of Beli and Mills... I mean you can go on and on but OKc is just a terrible match-up regardless of the refs and of how they bad they look right now.

Ironically if there's one team in the NBA that has an argument as a worst match-up for us than OKc it's the Blazers who have been owning the Spurs since 2008 or something and have the best head to head record vs the Spurs in that time span...

rascal
05-06-2014, 04:34 AM
The Spurs will get the easiest matchups possible in every round. That is the only way they can make it so OK City is going to lose because the Spurs can't beat them.

Phenomanul
05-06-2014, 08:24 AM
Seems like the NBA wants to keep the Clippers in the limelight so that the imminent sale of the team generates more money for the league. Didn't they recently provide a league appointed CEO to 'oversee' the Clippers in the wake of the Sterling fallout...? Conflict of interest is what it boils down to... In that case, we will begin to see if they start taking matters into their own hands (especially in games officiated by Joey Crawford's and Bennett Salvatore's crews)...

Brazil
05-06-2014, 08:57 AM
meh if Paul continue to play like second half of game 7 and like yesterday, won't matter anyway. He won't maintain this level of play obviously but Clips are clicking on all cylinders right now... they are some scary bitches.

On paper I prefer spurs playing LAC but bb is not played on paper... therefore for now Idgaf, Spurs have already their plate full with Blazers. Let's start by winning this serie, we have time for the rest

still.focused
05-06-2014, 12:01 PM
Did anybody else watch last nights game with these gayest of grins when OKC bitch and moaned about LA gettin all the calls?
THey looked miserable as hell

Clipper Nation
05-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Didn't they recently provide a league appointed CEO to 'oversee' the Clippers in the wake of the Sterling fallout...? Conflict of interest is what it boils down to...
It's standard practice, not a conflict of interest.... they did the same thing with the Pelicans a few years ago when Shinn went bankrupt, tbh....

Clipper Nation
05-06-2014, 12:15 PM
Did anybody else watch last nights game with these gayest of grins when OKC bitch and moaned about LA gettin all the calls?
THey looked miserable as hell

:lol We didn't get all the calls, though, refs kept trying to bring MethKC back in it, only finally giving up in garbage time....

Clipper Nation
05-06-2014, 12:16 PM
A viable case can be made that LAC was the sixth-best team in the Western bracket and that injuries gave them the series against Golden State.

:lmao..

Rummpd
05-06-2014, 12:23 PM
Clippers would also be a real test and a fun series liable to go 7

Chinook
05-06-2014, 12:26 PM
:lmao..

I didn't say they were. But are you going to act like they're really that superior to OKC, Houston and Portland?

Clipper Nation
05-06-2014, 12:43 PM
I didn't say they were. But are you going to act like they're really that superior to OKC, Houston and Portland?

We're definitely superior to Houston since we swept them and it wasn't even close and advanced farther in the playoffs than them, pretty close with MethKC, and the Portland series was inconclusive at best, tbh....

sexinthatsx
05-06-2014, 12:58 PM
:lol We didn't get all the calls, though, refs kept trying to bring MethKC back in it, only finally giving up in garbage time....

This. Cp3 was on fire and other shooters just couldn't miss from the 3 point line. There was pretty much nothing you could do about that

sexinthatsx
05-06-2014, 01:00 PM
Also, I'm rooting for the Clippers simply because I hate OKC so much. I'm also scared with matching up with the Clippers though; Blake Griffin looks like a completely different beast out there this year... he chooses his shots more carefully and his jumper is something opponents need to respect now.

Phenomanul
05-06-2014, 01:07 PM
It's standard practice, not a conflict of interest.... they did the same thing with the Pelicans a few years ago when Shinn went bankrupt, tbh....

Except the Clippers are anything but bankrupt... It's a huge cash cow / emerging brand that will be valued higher the farther they get in the playoffs...

It's a conflict of interest no matter where you draw the line.

Clipper Nation
05-06-2014, 01:09 PM
Except the Clippers are anything but bankrupt... It's a huge cash cow / emerging brand that will be valued higher the farther they get in the playoffs...

It's a conflict of interest no matter where you draw the line.

Never said they were bankrupt, there's just a precedent already in place for the NBA to bring in a temporary CEO when an owner gets into trouble and can't run the team anymore for whatever reason....

JR3
05-06-2014, 01:26 PM
The Thunder are a jump shooting team. I like my chances against them. Clippers may not be good a defense, but they have the athleticism to do it. They also have a balanced offense that moves the ball and a good facilitator in Chris Paul... Id rather play the thunder based on last night.

chrhawk
05-06-2014, 01:32 PM
:lmao these takes by Hoops Czar and rascal

Chinook
05-06-2014, 01:57 PM
We're definitely superior to Houston since we swept them and it wasn't even close and advanced farther in the playoffs than them, pretty close with MethKC, and the Portland series was inconclusive at best, tbh....

All right. But I'm just saying that on a list of teams in the Western bracket, the Clips are fourth as far as teams I'd want the Spurs to have played, behind Dallas, Memphis and Golden State. I certainly think Los Angeles can be any other team in the West, but I don't think they match up well with the Spurs at all.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-07-2014, 08:51 PM
Thunderefs striking early. BS foul on Paul and Griffin on Thunder's first possession.

Horry Hipcheck
05-07-2014, 08:55 PM
Thunderefs striking early. BS foul on Paul and Griffin on Thunder's first possession.

Theres no way the Clips take a 2-0 lead back to LA right after Durant wins his trophy. Little calls will go OKC's way if Durant and Westbrook aren't shooting well.

spurspokesman
05-07-2014, 08:57 PM
Please beat okc. Them and the refs they hired smh

Horry Hipcheck
05-07-2014, 08:57 PM
Clips are red hot from deep though.

spurspokesman
05-07-2014, 08:58 PM

Yup

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-07-2014, 08:58 PM
CP3 already has two BS fouls, yep, Silver and refs making sure Durant gets a win after winning the MVP trophy. They don't want that MVP to be tainted by a second straight loss.

Horry Hipcheck
05-07-2014, 08:59 PM
I thought Doc was gonna leave Paul in with two fouls to dare the refs to hit him with a third in the first quarter. No such luck.

spurspokesman
05-07-2014, 09:01 PM
NBA is so biased at times smh.

Horry Hipcheck
05-07-2014, 09:04 PM
Durant can't miss now. Clips look lost without Paul facilitating.

SpurPadre
05-07-2014, 09:08 PM
Durant's little crying exhibition last night during his speech pretty much guaranteed a win tonight and help from the refs.

spurspokesman
05-07-2014, 09:16 PM
This game is over already. Refs already have the checks in pocket smh

Budkin
05-07-2014, 09:18 PM
Least the Clips got the split.

Horry Hipcheck
05-08-2014, 02:14 AM

They'll need to win Games 3 and 4 in LA to have a real shot, imo.

in2deep
05-08-2014, 02:15 AM

Sure but no way they win 2 straight in LA. No way. This is coming back to okc 2-2

testies
05-08-2014, 02:32 AM
Reddick and Crawford will shit all over OKC from 3 in next two games

spurraider21
05-08-2014, 02:34 AM
officiating was iffy very early in the game, but the clippers did make a run and even take a lead in the 2nd quarter. i didn't think the calls after that point impacted the game much at all, in all honesty. you could argue they ran out of gas in the comeback, but its the fucking playoffs and it was a very manageable halftime deficit. they just played very poorly in the 2nd half, got jumpshot reliant, and once they started turning the ball over, that was game.

Clipper Nation
05-08-2014, 02:38 AM
Refs fucked us over in the first half but it was just terrible effort and execution that did us in in the second half, tbh....

spurraider21
05-08-2014, 03:32 AM
Refs fucked us over in the first half but it was just terrible effort and execution that did us in in the second half, tbh....
agreed. forcing paul out of the game that early in the 1st was a blow, and it enabled OKC to get on their run and grab the lead/momentum without paul's calming presence. but once they caught up and grabbed the lead, everything stopped. crawford was terrible today, and its not like most of his misses were wide open (a couple of the 3's were). he was taking horrible shots. griffin was nonexistent on defense and DJ was surprisingly unaware. they had consecutive dunks at one point, totally uncontested. they also got destroyed on the boards, which is uncharacteristic of the clippers. i guess they need to adjust to going up against people that are taller than 6'9 tbh :lol

will_spurs
05-08-2014, 04:57 AM
I chat about basketball on another board (related to another topic) with fans of other franchises. One of them is a Clippers fan and every time I complain about the ThunderRefs he replies that "Durant knows how to create contact" or that "OKC is more athletic that's why they get more calls". Here is what he had to say during the first two games:

Game 1

Refs must want this to be competitive cause they aren't calling any fouls in favor of the clippers and letting Durant parade to the line. Even when he trips on cp3

Game 2

boy oh boy. tough game when it's 8 v 5 on the court against the clippers.

Funny how things change when it's your own team that's getting abused by the ThunderRefs...

Clipper Nation
05-08-2014, 02:30 PM
agreed. forcing paul out of the game that early in the 1st was a blow, and it enabled OKC to get on their run and grab the lead/momentum without paul's calming presence. but once they caught up and grabbed the lead, everything stopped. crawford was terrible today, and its not like most of his misses were wide open (a couple of the 3's were). he was taking horrible shots. griffin was nonexistent on defense and DJ was surprisingly unaware. they had consecutive dunks at one point, totally uncontested. they also got destroyed on the boards, which is uncharacteristic of the clippers. i guess they need to adjust to going up against people that are taller than 6'9 tbh :lol
Actually, we get destroyed on the boards often, mainly because Doc (like Pop) willingly concedes offensive boards in favor of getting back on defense....

But yes, too many players had uncharacteristically bad games all at once and CP3 was neutered almost immediately by the refs, tbh....

Robz4000
05-10-2014, 03:37 AM
OKC prolly backdoor sweeps the Clips from here. What are the chances the Spurs beat them in the WCF (if they get there)?

IMO I have Spurs in 7, but I could also easily see OKC in 4.

HI-FI
05-10-2014, 04:03 AM
OKC prolly backdoor sweeps the Clips from here. What are the chances the Spurs beat them in the WCF (if they get there)?

IMO I have Spurs in 7, but I could also easily see OKC in 4.
I still think it goes to 6 or 7. I got faith the CLippers will win the next one. Thunderefs are getting in their head, it's tough when OKC gets homecooking wherever they go. But I think Clippers will respond.

I personally don't believe OKC will sweep the Spurs. While Durant is the more dangerous player, that team feeds off of Westbrook's energy and ego.

If Spurs gotta face them, then that's the way it's gotta be, but I believe the Spurs will be ready.

Robz4000
05-10-2014, 04:10 AM
Spurs will be ready (their play as of late shows it) but it may not be enough. OKC really is built to beat them.

BillMc
05-10-2014, 05:21 AM
Spurs will be ready (their play as of late shows it) but it may not be enough. OKC really is built to beat them.

And yet, the Heat would probably crush the Thunder again, especially if Wade is health. All about match ups.

urunobili
05-10-2014, 11:05 AM
I don't know why but I think in the Playoffs this Clippers team would be much more difficult for the Spurs than the Thunder...

xmas1997
05-10-2014, 11:08 AM
I could care less who wins that series as long as they beat each other up.
The Heat have a cakewalk to the finals IMHO, so I would like for at least one series for the Spurs to be an easy one so when and if tey get to the finals they will be healthy and rested.

SpurPadre
05-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Griffin got his nose bloodied while trying to post up on Ibaka, who was obviously fouling him with hand contact even before the swipe on the nose, and yet no call. Chris Paul got drilled by a crashing Westbrook trying to steal the ball away from an inbounds play and ref calls it out of bounds play back to the Clips instead of a foul on OKC. Paul gets pissed, gets t'd up. Ah, that's Thunderefs for you.

timtonymanu
05-10-2014, 11:59 AM
Currently, I have a Spurs/Thunder series going Thunder in 6.

peacemaker885
05-10-2014, 12:05 PM
The only way we beat OKC is to shoot the lights out. We should have a lead of at least 20 to ensure victory. This is like saying we cant win.

moisaenz
05-10-2014, 12:16 PM
the nba cant decide should they favor the discriminated Clippers or OKC with Durant... which one will give them more ratings???

Horry Hipcheck
05-10-2014, 04:28 PM
I was watching Game 3 last night and was trying to figure out how LA competes with them possession by possession. OKC thrives on creating turnovers and going on explosive fast breaks, and the Clips were throwing up bricks a lot during the first half but limiting turnovers and OKC, shooting 59%, TRAILED at halftime. Obviously Griffin shot like 10,000 FTs in the first quarter but still, what do they do? LA has no real designed offense, aside from running a screen or two to get Paul into the lane and then what he does from there is anybody's guess. Is it because LA, unlike the Spurs, isn't interested in finding a shooter until the shot is clean? I for one thought the Spurs' passing would tire OKC out since they commit defenders almost non-stop, yet they're always fucking up the Spurs' shots and intercepting passes or mauling Duncan and Splitter down low when they try and back Ibaka down, a la Griffin. It's frustrating me how beatable OKC has looked this postseason, and I know the moment the Spurs tip off Westbrook and Jackson are going to start laughing their way to 30 points apiece.

daslicer
05-10-2014, 04:32 PM
I was watching Game 3 last night and was trying to figure out how LA competes with them possession by possession. OKC thrives on creating turnovers and going on explosive fast breaks, and the Clips were throwing up bricks a lot during the first half but limiting turnovers and OKC, shooting 59%, TRAILED at halftime. Obviously Griffin shot like 10,000 FTs in the first quarter but still, what do they do? LA has no real designed offense, aside from running a screen or two to get Paul into the lane and then what he does from there is anybody's guess. Is it because LA, unlike the Spurs, isn't interested in finding a shooter until the shot is clean? I for one thought the Spurs' passing would tire OKC out since they commit defenders almost non-stop, yet they're always fucking up the Spurs' shots and intercepting passes or mauling Duncan and Splitter down low when they try and back Ibaka down, a la Griffin. It's frustrating me how beatable OKC has looked this postseason, and I know the moment the Spurs tip off Westbrook and Jackson are going to start laughing their way to 30 points apiece.

Parker used to destroy OKC prior to the 2012 playoffs. I think he even had a few games of 30 plus points against them. They could never stop him when he would push the ball up the court. Ever since they decided to switch Thabo on him in game 3 thats when things went down hill against OKC. I don't know how the spurs will counter this.

Russ
05-10-2014, 05:24 PM
Parker used to destroy OKC prior to the 2012 playoffs. I think he even had a few games of 30 plus points against them. They could never stop him when he would push the ball up the court. Ever since they decided to switch Thabo on him in game 3 thats when things went down hill against OKC. I don't know how the spurs will counter this.

The Spurs are 2-10 against OKC since that switch.

It's time for Pop to adjust. Splitter on Durant? Leonard on Westbrook? We need some X and O's experts to chime in here.

The Spurs can't do much on offense to counter OKC's defensive scheme. But perhaps they can disrupt OKC's offense, get some transition points (or at least "early offense") and change the rhythm.

I still think Westbrook is subject to a meltdown if handled properly. Could Leonard be the man for the job?

RD2191
05-10-2014, 05:28 PM
OKC is damn near impossible to beat when Ibaka is hitting his shots. Dude's mid range jumper is freeking money.

rascal
05-10-2014, 07:01 PM

I really want the Spurs to get OK City. Let's see how good the Spurs really are.

rascal
05-10-2014, 07:02 PM
The Spurs are 2-10 against OKC since that switch.

It's time for Pop to adjust. Splitter on Durant? Leonard on Westbrook? We need some X and O's experts to chime in here.

The Spurs can't do much on offense to counter OKC's defensive scheme. But perhaps they can disrupt OKC's offense, get some transition points (or at least "early offense") and change the rhythm.

I still think Westbrook is subject to a meltdown if handled properly. Could Leonard be the man for the job?

Splitter is too slow for Durant. Will be in early foul trouble and on the bench.

rascal
05-10-2014, 07:04 PM
the nba cant decide should they favor the discriminated Clippers or OKC with Durant... which one will give them more ratings???

Durant is better for the ratings.

ducks
05-10-2014, 10:50 PM
I really want the Spurs to get OK City. Let's see how good the Spurs really are.

if they win it all this year will you be happy
I think this would be the harderest path they would have taken

Johnny RIngo
05-10-2014, 11:00 PM

Careful what you wish for.

ezau
05-10-2014, 11:01 PM
I don't understand this gay ass shit that most posters here talk about. OKC beat the Spurs in 2012 because:

1. OKC still had Harden
2. Diaw was the starter beside Duncan not Splitter
3. Green and Kawhi haven't blossomed yet to the players that they are today.
4. Splitter has improved by leaps and bounds since 2012.

Pop doesn't need to go too far to handle OKC blitzing the PNR. He just needs to look at how Memphis countered it. If Thabo defends Parker, Brooks will most likely put WB on either Kawhi or Green. Kawhi will post up WB so bad it won't be funny while the Spurs can wear out WB by making him chase Green through screens. This Spurs team is so different from the one that OKC backdoor swept two years ago.

RobbyH
05-10-2014, 11:35 PM
because kevin durant^

Uriel
05-15-2014, 06:36 AM
Gonna be rooting hard for the Clippers the rest of this series, tbh. OKC is the only team with a legitimate shot of beating us in the entire NBA playoffs, imo.

Malik Hairston
05-27-2014, 09:50 PM
Can't believe so many people denied OKC's dominance over the Spurs:lol..

Malik Hairston
05-27-2014, 10:59 PM
Fuck you, Sterling:(..