PDA

View Full Version : How happy is Pop in a scale 1-10, tbh?

ElNono
04-03-2014, 11:19 PM
Basically he shut it down with 8 mins to go and the game within reach... even when we cut it to 8, he didn't even blink.

There's also been talk all week how much he hated that streak...

I'll probably give it a 8/10, tbh... I think he wished it was a 25+pts drubbing...

Mikeanaro
04-03-2014, 11:21 PM
8 is fine.

Arc
04-03-2014, 11:22 PM
pretty happy.. they kept it real close without manu on a game designed for us to lose on tv to the league's darling team.

baseline bum
04-03-2014, 11:22 PM
Basically he shut it down with 8 mins to go and the game within reach... even when we cut it to 8, he didn't even blink.

I'll probably give it a 8/10, tbh... I think he wished it was a 25+pts drubbing...

Nigga would have been ℵ0 / 10 then tbh

Richie
04-03-2014, 11:25 PM
I felt like he shut it down at the end of the 3rd with the lineup of Splitter/Ayres/Green/Belinelli/Mills to start the 4th. There's just nobody there who can do much of anything with the ball, Green was having to create off the dribble.

Down 6 when Ayres checking in for the first time with 3:08 left in the 3rd. That was the white flag.

DarrinS
04-03-2014, 11:26 PM
I've actually had a decently long conversation with Pop, even though it was several years ago. I hoestly think he "likes" the team getting slapped, even if its by a rival. He's always playing the long game.

rayray2k8
04-03-2014, 11:36 PM
http://i323.photobucket.com/albums/nn478/rj0883/2EmpIAX.gif (http://s323.photobucket.com/user/rj0883/media/2EmpIAX.gif.html)

Zero fucks given

rayray2k8
04-03-2014, 11:42 PM
But all joking aside, I was expecting them to drop a game soon and how ironic is it that it was the team that the spurs played 2 years ago that ended their 20 game winning streak and eliminated them.
Playoffs need to start already.

dallasmaverickslose
04-03-2014, 11:44 PM
Probably 6.

siraulo23
04-04-2014, 12:07 AM
How arent the thunder the best in the league defensively? That was lock down d they just played the spurs, ridiculous how beast they were defensively

im not looking forward to facing the thunder AT ALL, the spurs clearly have no answer for the thunder offense and the thunder just shuts them down on the other end

So no pop isnt happy

Sean Cagney
04-04-2014, 12:09 AM
How arent the thunder the best in the league defensively? That was lock down d they just played the spurs, ridiculous how beast they were defensively

im not looking forward to facing the thunder AT ALL, the spurs clearly have no answer for the thunder offense and the thunder just shuts them down on the other end

So no pop isnt happyThey play great D but the Spurs played 4 games in 5 nights and were really good in the first half until they wore out. I would not put too much stock into that second half, but YES they will be tough to beat and we know it.

spurraider21
04-04-2014, 12:14 AM
i'm upset with the decision to sit manu. in a tough road game, given the scheduling, benching one of your best ballhandlers makes no sense, you need all the firepower you can get. if you want to throw the game, just sit everybody, instead of playing tim/tony, etc and hampering their chances of winning.

siraulo23
04-04-2014, 12:14 AM
They play great D but the Spurs played 4 games in 5 nights and were really good in the first half until they wore out. I would not put too much stock into that second half, but YES they will be tough to beat and we know it.

True, if the spurs get to face the thunder in the POs, itll either be a long series where it could go either way or a short one in favour of the thunder

HI-FI
04-04-2014, 12:16 AM
They play great D but the Spurs played 4 games in 5 nights and were really good in the first half until they wore out. I would not put too much stock into that second half, but YES they will be tough to beat and we know it.
Plus Thunderefs had like four days off, so they were just warming up as Spurs were starting to sputter down. Plus you factor in the usual OKC homecooking and it was not worth the effort or risk of injury.

Still it could be a bitch of a series, especially if they get HCA.

SpurPadre
04-04-2014, 12:17 AM
If he really wanted to win tonight, he would've been at least t'd up once or tossed out of the game after the bullshit double tech on TD and that wannabe thug piece of shit Perkins.

KaiRMD1
04-04-2014, 12:24 AM
http://i323.photobucket.com/albums/nn478/rj0883/2EmpIAX.gif (http://s323.photobucket.com/user/rj0883/media/2EmpIAX.gif.html)

Zero fucks given

Gotta love a good "end of the streak" party ol' sport

sexinthatsx
04-04-2014, 12:49 AM

lol Kawhi's face is definitely the funniest!

Raven
04-04-2014, 12:59 AM
4 tbh, but at least it was a good test.

rayray2k8
04-04-2014, 01:07 AM

Damn straight.

4 tbh, but at least it was a good test.

I dont know man, I like Parker and Diaw's the best. :lol

weeks
04-04-2014, 01:45 AM
i want these motherfuckers in the playoffs.

hater
04-04-2014, 01:57 AM
with 8 mins to go and the game within reach......

:lmao the game was most def not within reach, nacho

FireMicoHalili
04-04-2014, 02:28 AM

Idk tbh

ElNono
04-04-2014, 02:57 AM
:lmao the game was most def not within reach, nacho

????

14pt game with 8 mins to go is within reach... at least in the NBA it is...

will_spurs
04-04-2014, 06:15 AM
I would have said 8/10 except Pop was really made about Beli's D (or lack thereof), so probably 7/10.

Baam
04-04-2014, 06:18 AM
????

14pt game with 8 mins to go is within reach... at least in the NBA it is...

Pop is known for quitting earlier than anyone else...

Brazil
04-04-2014, 09:18 AM
11 tbh

Old School 44
04-04-2014, 09:22 AM
Happy Pop rank 8. I wouldn't put too much stock in this loss. The Thunder didn't win, the schedule did and the NBA and it's fans lost.
I still think it's terrible for the NBA to schedule games like this, not just for the Spurs, but for any teams.
You want to promote your product on National TV with the best two teams at their peak with no excuses, yet you hamstring one of them with a stupid schedule going in.

The NBA needs to cut the amount of games from 82 to 70 (or lower), so they can spread out these games so we don't have this type of scheduling. It will also help with the overall injury issue that seems to be getting worse in recent seasons.

Mel_13
04-04-2014, 09:36 AM

Pretty much this.

:lol @ the meltdowners crying like a bunch of adolescent girls and providing the mouthbreathers downstairs with tons of new material.

Pako
04-04-2014, 09:37 AM
If we won last night, okc will have little reason to go all out for thier remaining game.. Since pop give them hope, i am sure they'll compete all the way to chase hca. Which is what pop wanted. We cant win all games but this was strategically designed...

Mel_13
04-04-2014, 09:39 AM
Happy Pop rank 8. I wouldn't put too much stock in this loss. The Thunder didn't win, the schedule did and the NBA and it's fans lost.
I still think it's terrible for the NBA to schedule games like this, not just for the Spurs, but for any teams.
You want to promote your product on National TV with the best two teams at their peak with no excuses, yet you hamstring one of them with a stupid schedule going in.

The NBA needs to cut the amount of games from 82 to 70 (or lower), so they can spread out these games so we don't have this type of scheduling. It will also help with the overall injury issue that seems to be getting worse in recent seasons.

That would be ideal, but there's almost zero chance that they reduce the number of games. Making a schedule that insures that the 4 teams that play on TNT each week do not play on the day before the game, however, should be well within the league's capabilities.

spurspokesman
04-04-2014, 09:44 AM

Zero fucks given

lmao

dg7md
04-04-2014, 10:06 AM
It makes OKC play really hard at the end of the year which could wear them out in the playoffs. Pop is probably pretty happy about that. We can drop that game and still end up with the best record in the league.

gameFACE
04-04-2014, 10:12 AM
Pop is thrilled now. He was even joking during the post game interview. I'm sure he had a good bottle of vino last night.

The Spurs didn't wear down at all. Didn't seem tired, tbh. The Thunder simply toughened up and the Spurs didn't react to it. They were depending on another machine like win last night but it didn't happen. Sometimes more is required than just "the system". Maybe it's the privilege of having too many blow out wins lately.

Mills 3-pointer at about 6 minutes left in the 4th is what brought it down to an 8-pt game.

MannyIsGod
04-04-2014, 10:12 AM
8 of 10 sounds good. Probably got home and popped open a nice bottle of wine to celebrate.

gameFACE
04-04-2014, 10:15 AM
8 of 10 sounds good. Probably got home and popped open a nice bottle of wine to celebrate.

:lol We posted the same thing at the same time

MannyIsGod
04-04-2014, 10:16 AM
Great minds.

Seventyniner
04-04-2014, 10:37 AM
Nigga would have been ℵ0 / 10 then tbh

Some people Cantor understand what you just said.

Old School 44
04-04-2014, 11:21 AM
That would be ideal, but there's almost zero chance that they reduce the number of games. Making a schedule that insures that the 4 teams that play on TNT each week do not play on the day before the game, however, should be well within the league's capabilities.
Dropping 12 games from the schedule doesn't seem unreasonable. The NBA (owners) are making a ton of money from top to bottom and if they allow for jersey ads, there's going to be even more money in their coffers. The owners are already getting over on the players with the rookie salary structure.

Why not do something dramatic for the good of the game like reducing the amount of games? And while their at it fix the playoff structure, and the draft.