DD
04-04-2014, 02:11 AM
thems the breaks

spurraider21
04-04-2014, 02:12 AM
and for you, NBA = Daddy Status

Robz4000
04-04-2014, 02:18 AM
Houston is the same way unfortunately. Spurs need to hope OKC and Houston get knocked out early/suffer some injuries otherwise their postseason won't last very long.

HarlemHeat37
04-04-2014, 02:19 AM
Houston is the same way unfortunately. Spurs need to hope OKC and Houston get knocked out early/suffer some injuries otherwise their postseason won't last very long.

Houston matches up well, but they have many flaws that the Spurs can exploit in the playoffs..OKC doesn't, unfortunately..

hater
04-04-2014, 02:22 AM
If spurs keep home court i like they chances

okc will be a tough out but you cant win a ship taking the easy road

oh and :lmao houston. They ripe for a playoff beatdown at the hands of anyone

HI-FI
04-04-2014, 02:27 AM

:tu

it's going to be a tough playoffs, maybe epic. the cliff divers and trolls are geared up and that's fine, but Spurs just gotta roll with the punches. HCA will be significant.

Robz4000
04-04-2014, 02:34 AM
Houston matches up well, but they have many flaws that the Spurs can exploit in the playoffs..OKC doesn't, unfortunately..

Even with how mortal they've looked recently, I still don't think the Spurs can beat them. They have a lot of the same strengths against the Spurs OKC does: dominant athletic big (although dwert is a dumbass), an unstoppable #1 (Harden is tougher than Durant for the Spurs in some ways), athletes, sky-high confidence, jump-shooting bigs, ref help, and an underrated defense. Shit, their biggest (on-court) flaw in Lin hits shots against the Spurs ala Reggie Jackson. Pop will outcoach the shit out of McHale but I don't think it'll be enough.

spurraider21
04-04-2014, 02:42 AM
Harden is nowhere near Durant... if durant gets a half a step its a two handed dunk period. Harden is a tough cover, but cmon

Prime Time
04-04-2014, 02:46 AM
The issue is basically what everyone cliff-dives over. OKC is just too athletic for the Spurs' system to flow on either end.

The reason why Los Angeles/Houston can find life against a squad such as the Thunder is because they themselves also have athleticism. Sure it's not OKC athletic, but it's still enough to not get blown out every play.

Spurs can beat a team like Houston/LAC because they're still physically mortal enough to exploit in Pop's system.

But a lot of teams win championships due to this. Could MJ's Bulls have beaten the Hakeem's Rockets? Could the '06 Heat beat the '06 Spurs? A lot of times teams avoid bad match-ups due to them being eliminated prior.

If the Spurs do meet the Thunder in the playoffs.. a LOT would have to go right in order for them to make a consecutive trip to the finals. Right now I'm just hoping OKC has the toughest post-season schedule possible.. Ideally I'd want them to play the Warriors then the Clippers. 2 teams who I could see out-scoring them.

This is my take with very limited knowledge on the subject. Excuse me if it's shitty :lol

Robz4000
04-04-2014, 02:48 AM
Harden is nowhere near Durant... if durant gets a half a step its a two handed dunk period. Harden is a tough cover, but cmon

I just mean for the Spurs. Leonard is the closest thing in the league to a Durant/Lebron stopper, but Harden is too small for Leonard. He's also a superior playmaker to Durant.

Robz4000
04-04-2014, 02:49 AM
The issue is basically what everyone cliff-dives over. OKC is just too athletic for the Spurs' system to flow on either end.

The reason why Los Angeles/Houston can find life against a squad such as the Thunder is because they themselves also have athleticism. Sure it's not OKC athletic, but it's still enough to not get blown out every play.

Spurs can beat a team like Houston/LAC because they're still physically mortal enough to exploit in Pop's system.

But a lot of teams win championships due to this. Could MJ's Bulls have beaten the Hakeem's Rockets? Could the '06 Heat beat the '06 Spurs? A lot of times teams avoid bad match-ups due to them being eliminated prior.

If the Spurs do meet the Thunder in the playoffs.. a LOT would have to go right in order for them to make a consecutive trip to the finals. Right now I'm just hoping OKC has the toughest post-season schedule possible.. Ideally I'd want them to play the Warriors then the Clippers. 2 teams who I could see out-scoring them.

This is my take with very limited knowledge on the subject. Excuse me if it's shitty :lol

It's about right tbh :tu

ElNono
04-04-2014, 02:55 AM
I think we're heading into the playoffs pretty much in ideal conditions... healthy, playing extremely well, control our destiny when it comes to seeding... can't ask for much more.

We're looking good, and I can't wait for the playoffs to roll around.

ezau
04-04-2014, 03:08 AM
OKC is beatable if the Spurs have HCA.

KaiRMD1
04-04-2014, 03:09 AM

Agree ol' sport, I'd rather take the tough road and win through it then take the side streets. If we lose (fairly) then it is what it is.

ceperez
04-04-2014, 05:35 AM
It's about right tbh :tu

Good time to lose against the Thunder. Clearly the Thunder have a much better defense than all the other teams that the Spurs are blowing away. The paint always felts packed and the 3 point line covered.

Hope the Spurs figure out how to win against teams like this.

jag
04-04-2014, 08:04 AM

Agree ol' sport, I'd rather take the tough road and win through it then take the side streets. If we lose (fairly) then it is what it is.

Um... the Spurs almost won the whole thing last year by taking the "easy road" via injuries to Westbrook and Kobe. I hope every team the Spurs play is either banged up or just the easiest matchup. They don't hand out an extra trophy for playing the toughest matchups. In the end, the LOB is all that matters. The easiest path will yield the greatest chance for success. Anyone who says he wants otherwise is misguided.

Spur|n|Austin
04-04-2014, 08:13 AM
Good time to lose against the Thunder. Clearly the Thunder have a much better defense than all the other teams that the Spurs are blowing away. The paint always felts packed and the 3 point line covered.

Hope the Spurs figure out how to win against teams like this.

I think Pop is still keeping his cards close to his chest.

Leetonidas
04-04-2014, 08:47 AM
OKC is beatable but it will be very difficult for SA. Hopefully LAC will knock them off for us. Because every time Spurs play OKC their scrubs always get up for the game and shit on us

urunobili
04-04-2014, 09:22 AM
Well I better get fudged by just one team vs. being the whore of 31 other making turns for the pounding TBH...

RD2191
04-04-2014, 10:50 AM
Well I better get fudged by just one team vs. being the whore of 31 other making turns for the pounding TBH...

Budkin
04-04-2014, 10:54 AM
thems the breaks

Still think we got em' in the playoffs with HCA

KaiRMD1
04-04-2014, 02:33 PM
Um... the Spurs almost won the whole thing last year by taking the "easy road" via injuries to Westbrook and Kobe. I hope every team the Spurs play is either banged up or just the easiest matchup. They don't hand out an extra trophy for playing the toughest matchups. In the end, the LOB is all that matters. The easiest path will yield the greatest chance for success. Anyone who says he wants otherwise is misguided.

I think even with Kobe, the ol' sports would have beaten the Lakers.

cd021
04-04-2014, 02:50 PM

True. I'd love to see the Spurs throw Diaw at Jones and exploit that catchup on with Diaw post ups.

heyheymymy
04-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Still think we got em' in the playoffs with HCA

they didn't even see our second unit ball movement without ginobili playing, which is why i think pop pulled him. OKC has no plan now for 2nd unit ball rotation because marco and diaw can't replicate what manu does, they play off manu for ball movement and boris can create some things, but not like when manu is in the game. the defense has to play manu so much more honestly.

i think pop played a cia move last night not allowing okc to face firsthand the true ball movement of the 2nd unit. we already know what thabo can do to parker, but i think the rotation with the bench players is new and improved and was worth withholding so okc will have to deal with it in the playoffs for the first time.

heyheymymy
04-04-2014, 02:55 PM
and yes i know thabo was actually injured, and manu was just resting.

cd021
04-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Best case is LAC gets the 2 seed (LAC has a 2-1 series lead with a final game at next week). The Thunder are ahead by just 1 1/2 game and have 8 games in 12 days including a 4 game road trip. The @ Clippers game is on the 2nd night of a back 2 back.

If the Clippers get the 2 seed then the 2nd round series would give the Clippers home court against the Thunder.

hater
04-04-2014, 02:59 PM

keyword "almost"

my statement stands: you don't win ships by taking the easy road

HarlemHeat37
04-04-2014, 03:05 PM
keyword "almost"

my statement stands: you don't win ships by taking the easy road

The 2009 Lakers, 2007 Spurs, 2003 Spurs and 2000 Lakers all won titles taking the "easy route" due to injuries, just in this era alone:lol..

I never hear anybody citing injuries as a factor in any of those titles, nobody remembers, tbh..

hater
04-04-2014, 03:19 PM
The 2009 Lakers, 2007 Spurs, 2003 Spurs and 2000 Lakers all won titles taking the "easy route" due to injuries, just in this era alone:lol..

I never hear anybody citing injuries as a factor in any of those titles, nobody remembers, tbh..

all those teams beat whoever was in front of them and never "picked" their route.

of course injuries happen in the NBA. my statement stands: you don't win a ship by "picking" the easy route

in other words you can't plan your way to a championship by hoping or expecting injuries to superior teams like we are doing here :lol

Capt Bringdown
04-04-2014, 04:18 PM
Spurs got no answer for OKC, and that's not going to change in the playoffs. They've got our number.

tlongII
04-04-2014, 04:25 PM
http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/239/full/826.gif

The Batman
04-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Spurs should only be scared of Houston if Beverley is healthy. He covers up alot of their flaws.

CitizenDwayne
04-04-2014, 06:30 PM

Just when I was getting slightly worried about the Spurs' postseason chances, you post that :lmao

Thank you.

Russ
04-04-2014, 08:20 PM

I hate Portland for allowing Durant to go to OKC.

Had Portland drafted him, he would have been shit and all would be right with the world.

Portland is the modern version of what Coach Darrell Royal said about the TCU football team (paraphrasing) -- "They're like cockroaches. It's not what they eat themselves, it's what they mess up so no one can eat it. That's what kills you."

RD2191
04-04-2014, 08:24 PM
I hate Portland for allowing Durant to go to OKC.

Had Portland drafted him, he would have been shit and all would be right with the world.

Portland is the modern version of what Coach Darrell Royal said about the TCU football team (paraphrasing) -- "They're like cockroaches. It's not what they eat themselves, it's what they mess up so no one can eat it. That's what kills you."

Rofl. I love this.

tlongII
04-04-2014, 09:03 PM
You have to admit it's the coolest logo in the league.

Sean Cagney
04-04-2014, 10:00 PM
and for you, NBA = Daddy Status

I came in just to say this but you said it first post :lol

Please, the guests suck this year after their hot start. They are not legit and the Spurs beat them the past two times, no way they beat the Spurs in a series whereas OKC is a real threat no doubt. Portland is out in round one. :lol