PDA

View Full Version : Who else will be rooting for the Heat over the Thunder in the Finals?

Amuseddaysleeper
04-04-2014, 10:20 AM
That's how bad that matchup is going to be.

Robz4000
04-04-2014, 10:23 AM
God, it'll be the first Finals in a while where I want both teams to lose in embarrassing fashion.

Clipper Nation
04-04-2014, 10:24 AM
Nah, the long-awaited Heat/Clippers Finals is coming, tbh :downspin:

spursparker9
04-04-2014, 10:25 AM
I am OK with any team to win it all except Fucker Westbrook and Fucker Fisher.

bklynspursfan
04-04-2014, 10:26 AM
I certainly did the first time they met and i hate both teams. KD gets portrayed and some sweet/nice guy and he is far from that. WB carries himself in a way that makes it easy to dislike him, same with Perkins. And the love they get from the officiating is sickening.

After the game 6 cheat-fest that went on, this was so awesome to see.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1199581/kdsad.gif

That being said, I still don't expect OKC to come out the west.

freetiago
04-04-2014, 10:29 AM
Maybe you could join Thunderfan forum and start gamethreads for them
try to use your horrible posting skills for good one time in your life

Leetonidas
04-04-2014, 10:35 AM
Nah, the long-awaited Heat/Clippers Finals is coming, tbh :downspin:

tbh I'm rooting for Flop City outside of SA, I really think they can knock the Thunder off for us before the WCF. But y'all niggas better hope someone knocks the Spurs off for you in that case before that :toast

Clipper Nation
04-04-2014, 10:40 AM
tbh I'm rooting for Flop City
Manu founded a city? Is ElNono the mayor there? :downspin:

Mugen
04-04-2014, 10:40 AM
That's what happens when you buy Spurs v Raptors Finals tickets you silly Canadian.

ElNono
04-04-2014, 10:41 AM

CP3 visits often :downspin:

:lol

Leetonidas
04-04-2014, 10:43 AM

You bastard :lol

:cry but manu actually takes contact :cry

ElNono
04-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Entertainment-wise, a Heat-Thunder finals would suck, tbh... Miami lays wood consistently on the Thunder and the stories about a forced Durant-Lebron "battle" would probably last longer than the actual series.

Mel_13
04-04-2014, 10:51 AM
If the Spurs aren't there, I won't have much interest. There's really only one team's misfortune that generates any schadenfreude for me, and they're a lottery team this year.

Dverde
04-04-2014, 10:58 AM
I would root for the Heat to sweep them. It will make The Spurs look better in history. The fact is Spurs had this team beat and took them to 7 games. I agree that I feel a Heat/Clippers is what the basketball people want. Be fun watch LBJ guarding CP3 as they both flop all over each other.

Clipper Nation
04-04-2014, 11:00 AM
CP3 visits often :downspin:

People constantly move in and out of the city.... lots of turnover in the population :downspin:

ElNono
04-04-2014, 11:01 AM
People constantly move in and out of the city.... lots of turnover in the population :downspin:

Fisher owns property tho :downspin:

Skull-1
04-04-2014, 11:02 AM
God, it'll be the first Finals in a while where I want both teams to lose in embarrassing fashion.

Mugen
04-04-2014, 11:03 AM
If the Spurs aren't there, I won't have much interest. There's really only one team's misfortune that generates any schadenfreude for me, and they're a lottery team this year.

Ditto tbh. I didn't watch the 2012 Finals until KD was crying into his mother's fat arms. I didn't care who won that series and I wouldn't care how many games it would take the Heat to bounce OKC this year if it happened.

With Fredo running the show, I don't think that golden goose of laughs is done providing anytime soon tbh.

monkeypunk
04-04-2014, 11:07 AM
I don't know that either make it to the finals.

spurs10
04-04-2014, 11:22 AM
It's going to be an epic repeat of last year. OKC has about as much a chance as Houston.

RD2191
04-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Lol, Doesn't matter who you root for, the Heat own the Thunder in every way possible.

daslicer
04-04-2014, 11:25 AM
If they play the Heat again I will definitely enjoy watching OKC implode. I think it will be must see tv comedy live in action. I can see Russ and the rest of those fools going crazy and losing their composure in that series. I think the best part will be watching Kevin Durant cry again.

Southwest Texas Fan
04-04-2014, 01:13 PM
Are we cliff jumping already? :yield

timtonymanu
04-04-2014, 01:17 PM
If it comes to that, of course I will root for Miami.

Beaverfuzz
04-04-2014, 01:18 PM
When did OKC move to the Eastern Conference?

Mark in Austin
04-04-2014, 01:20 PM
yes. one loss and all the insecurities come out. this train is never late.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
04-04-2014, 01:34 PM
The NBA is just dumb these days outside of a few teams like the Spurs. No more team loyalty, refs have way too much impact in the favor of players that kids like, and kids don't care about basketball, they care about funny jokes and people who can jump high. Most teams I can't bare seeing win a championship. I used to really hate the Mavs, but these punks today make me hate the Mavs less, and they even make me miss players like Kobe, who while I couldn't stand, I could respect. I can't respect most of the players today, but Kobe, and sometimes Dirk, I could. Besides the Spurs, only playoff teams in the West I could stand seeing win a championship would be Phoenix, Memphis, Golden State, and Portland. In the East, well, anyone but Miami. But if Miami, Houston, Oklahoma City, or the Clippers win the championship, then this will be yet another sucky year in the NBA.

BermudaSooner
04-04-2014, 01:53 PM
I suppose it is good to be hated so much...if we weren't hated, I guess we'd be like Minnesota, or Golden State. Who really cares about Minnesota or Golden State?

Pretty funny that after such an impressive win streak with so many blow outs, that one game makes Spurs fans implode. Ya'll could go 81-1 and there would be people jumping off of bridges.

RD2191
04-04-2014, 01:56 PM
I suppose it is good to be hated so much...if we weren't hated, I guess we'd be like Minnesota, or Golden State. Who really cares about Minnesota or Golden State?

Pretty funny that after such an impressive win streak with so many blow outs, that one game makes Spurs fans implode. Ya'll could go 81-1 and there would be people jumping off of bridges.
Fuck and your faggot ass team. Enjoy winning Zero titles with Westbrick and Kevin "Free throws" Durant.

Sean Cagney
04-04-2014, 02:00 PM
Lol, Doesn't matter who you root for, the Heat own the Thunder in every way possible.

That is a horrible matchup, most agree.

BermudaSooner
04-04-2014, 02:03 PM
Fuck and your faggot ass team. Enjoy winning Zero titles with Westbrick and Kevin "Free throws" Durant.

Even more hate==even more relevant. Awesome.

And as a Spurs fan, you stuck by your continued mantra of blaming loses on the refs with your free throws comment--well done.

BermudaSooner
04-04-2014, 02:05 PM

If we continue to play Perkins, then yes, horrible match-up. In the game in Miami when we played Perry Jones instead of Perk in the second half, we stomped them.

Will be interesting to see how Scott Brooks plays the Heat if we were to meet them. Not sure how you say the Heat own the Thunder without saying the Thunder own the Spurs as well.

tmtcsc
04-04-2014, 02:10 PM
Please tell me this a joke or tongue-in-cheek thread. (That's the second time I've had to ask in separate threads). Are people starting these threads in mockery of cliff-jumpers or is this shit for real. Seriously? This Spurs team is hands-down the best team in the league and STILL has room to improve on defense and execution. If people are honestly afraid of the Thunder, please excuse yourself from the Spurstalk Forum and have a pity party somewhere else. It's time to buckle-up and enjoy the ride to Chip # 5. It's happening.

RD2191
04-04-2014, 02:11 PM
If we continue to play Perkins, then yes, horrible match-up. In the game in Miami when we played Perry Jones instead of Perk in the second half, we stomped them.

Will be interesting to see how Scott Brooks plays the Heat if we were to meet them. Not sure how you say the Heat own the Thunder without saying the Thunder own the Spurs as well.
When did the the Thunder beat us in the Finals? Reg season don't mean shit, I guess a fan of a loser franchise wouldn't know that.

RD2191
04-04-2014, 02:12 PM
Perry Jones:lmao

BermudaSooner
04-04-2014, 02:16 PM
When did the the Thunder beat us in the Finals? Reg season don't mean shit, I guess a fan of a loser franchise wouldn't know that.

How about the 4 in a row to win the WCF? Or that not relevant either?

Trainwreck2100
04-04-2014, 02:17 PM
If it cooks to that matchup the refs will just swallow their whistles like they did the last two years in the finals. Thunder get torched again cause they can't win without the refs

BermudaSooner
04-04-2014, 02:18 PM
Perry Jones:lmao

Less about Perry Jones and more about going small and athletic against the Heat. Perk is great for some match-ups--he tends to do pretty well against Duncan, for example, but he is terrible for us against a team like the Heat.

If the Thunder were to make the Finals and play the Heat, I hope Perk plays very little. If we were to play the Pacers, he will play a lot.

Arcadian
04-04-2014, 02:19 PM
Not happening. OKC struggles against Dallas and LAC. Even if they get past both, they'll crumble against a motivated Spurs team in the conference finals.

Seventyniner
04-04-2014, 02:19 PM
The NBA is just dumb these days outside of a few teams like the Spurs. No more team loyalty, refs have way too much impact in the favor of players that kids like, and kids don't care about basketball, they care about funny jokes and people who can jump high. Most teams I can't bare seeing win a championship. I used to really hate the Mavs, but these punks today make me hate the Mavs less, and they even make me miss players like Kobe, who while I couldn't stand, I could respect. I can't respect most of the players today, but Kobe, and sometimes Dirk, I could. Besides the Spurs, only playoff teams in the West I could stand seeing win a championship would be Phoenix, Memphis, Golden State, and Portland. In the East, well, anyone but Miami. But if Miami, Houston, Oklahoma City, or the Clippers win the championship, then this will be yet another sucky year in the NBA.

Only 6 teams have a shot at the title: Spurs, Thunder, Heat, Pacers, Clippers, Rockets. Probably not even the Rockets. So if the Spurs lose you better become a Pacer fan. If we get another Heat/Thunder finals you might have to give up on the league entirely.

Clipper Nation
04-04-2014, 02:20 PM
Even more hate==even more relevant. Awesome.

:lol Only relevant for being stolen from Seattle (a real city, not a glorified trailer park) and being the Kang's bitch
:lol Foodstamp dependent
:lol Empty stadium in 2016 after Durbeta leaves

weebo
04-04-2014, 02:21 PM
Spurs lose one freakin' game after having played 3 games in 4 nights to a good team that was well rested and at home, and you nigggas already penciled in the thunder to come out of the west??...:lmao

RD2191
04-04-2014, 02:22 PM
How about the 4 in a row to win the WCF? Or that not relevant either?

Is James Harden still on the Thunder roster? I'll wait.

BermudaSooner
04-04-2014, 02:26 PM
:lol Only relevant for being stolen from Seattle (a real city, not a glorified trailer park) and being the Kang's bitch
:lol Foodstamp dependent
:lol Empty stadium in 2016 after Durbeta leaves

You forgot to mention the birth place, high school, and college of your best player.

BermudaSooner
04-04-2014, 02:27 PM
Is James Harden still on the Thunder roster? I'll wait.

Good point. We won't have to worry about him playing like shit against the Heat in this year's Finals!

RD2191
04-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Good point. We won't have to worry about him playing like shit against the Heat in this year's Finals!

Too bad your team won't get there.

Clipper Nation
04-04-2014, 02:33 PM
You forgot to mention the birth place, high school, and college of your best player.

:lol He couldn't wait to book it out of that dump, tbh....

BermudaSooner
04-04-2014, 02:37 PM
Too bad your team won't get there.

Maybe, maybe not. Good news is message boards don't decide this, the players on the court do. I'd say we have the best chance of the WC teams--we have the second best record and swept the first place team 4-0 during the season. I'd say that gives the Thunder a very good chance.

RD2191
04-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Maybe, maybe not. Good news is message boards don't decide this, the players on the court do. I'd say we have the best chance of the WC teams--we have the second best record and swept the first place team 4-0 during the season. I'd say that gives the Thunder a very good chance.

Spoken like a true loser. Reg season games don't mean shit brah. Spurs in 6 in the WCF, maybe 5.

RD2191
04-04-2014, 02:53 PM
And how does that give the Thunder a good chance anyways? Do they get a prize for sweeping the Spurs in the reg season?:lol

peacemaker885
04-04-2014, 03:00 PM
I'm rooting for the Spurs. If we don't get in, I won't bother.

heyheymymy
04-04-2014, 03:02 PM
damn shits gettin real in here

BermudaSooner
04-04-2014, 03:21 PM
Spoken like a true loser. Reg season games don't mean shit brah. Spurs in 6 in the WCF, maybe 5.

And when the Thunder win, it was the refs that screwed you...ya, ya, I know.

BermudaSooner
04-04-2014, 03:24 PM
And how does that give the Thunder a good chance anyways? Do they get a prize for sweeping the Spurs in the reg season?:lol

Hmmm, well, when something happens over and over, it becomes more likely that it keeps happening. Like when the Thunder keep beating the Spurs, or when your sister keeps coming home with STDs.

RD2191
04-04-2014, 03:25 PM
And when the Thunder win, it was the refs that screwed you...ya, ya, I know.

Perkins pushes Duncan in the back and Duncan gets a T, the refs help OKC, a lot. Don't try to deny it. Your team still won't win though. Spurs in 5 or 6.

timtonymanu
04-04-2014, 03:33 PM
Spurs lose one freakin' game after having played 3 games in 4 nights to a good team that was well rested and at home, and you nigggas already penciled in the thunder to come out of the west??...:lmao

:lol Amused is my buddy and his game threads are great for trolling, but he cliff jumps pretty easily.

Horry Hipcheck
04-04-2014, 03:35 PM
:wakeup

BermudaSooner
04-04-2014, 03:44 PM
Perkins pushes Duncan in the back and Duncan gets a T, the refs help OKC, a lot. Don't try to deny it. Your team still won't win though. Spurs in 5 or 6.

Well, according to this site http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/team-stat/opponent-fouls-category the Thunder are 19th in fouls by an opponent, but whatever makes you feel better. I was at the game, so didn't see a replay of that--but hey, a double technical doesn't do anything and Duncan still got to take his line drive foul shots.

It did sure look like the Spurs kicked the ball out of bounds in the 2nd quarter on that play where the Thunder decided to whine about the call rather than play defense and gave the Spurs a free basket. Another very late call on a Duncan jumper from 8 feet on Collison when Ibaka sent the ball flying into the stands on a block. The call was so late I thought it was going to be for a very bad goal tending call. Instead it was a terrible call on Nick. Lots of close calls in all games. Last night only 18 fouls on Spurs and 16 on Thunder--well below our averages.

Clipper Nation
04-04-2014, 03:45 PM
:lol He couldn't wait to book it out of that dump, tbh....
:lol No response since even he knows MethKC is a dump

Clipper Nation
04-04-2014, 03:47 PM
Well, according to this site http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/team-stat/opponent-fouls-category the Thunder are 19th in fouls by an opponent, but whatever makes you feel better. I was at the game, so didn't see a replay of that--but hey, a double technical doesn't do anything and Duncan still got to take his line drive foul shots.

It did sure look like the Spurs kicked the ball out of bounds in the 2nd quarter on that play where the Thunder decided to whine about the call rather than play defense and gave the Spurs a free basket. Another very late call on a Duncan jumper from 8 feet on Collison when Ibaka sent the ball flying into the stands on a block. The call was so late I thought it was going to be for a very bad goal tending call. Instead it was a terrible call on Nick. Lots of close calls in all games. Last night only 18 fouls on Spurs and 16 on Thunder--well below our averages.

:lol Please.... refs made sure to get Kawhi into fake foul trouble so pussy-boy Durbeta could keep his stat-padded streak going....

Horry Hipcheck
04-04-2014, 03:58 PM
I've never seen so much shit being spat over such a meaningless regular season statistic.

BermudaSooner
04-04-2014, 04:05 PM
:lol No response since even he knows MethKC is a dump

Oklahoma is one of the best economies in the nation, unlike that Communistic state on the left coast....but what this has to do with basketball, I'm not really sure. I do know Blake comes back to OKC often, he must not hate it that much.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
04-05-2014, 01:26 AM
Is the random pathetic OKC fan talking bragging about them sweeping the Spurs in the regular season? Well kid, do you remember the 2007 NBA finals? Yeah, the Cavs swept the Spurs in the 2006-2007 regular season, we all saw how that worked out for them when they met in the playoffs.

look_at_g_shred
04-05-2014, 01:33 AM
I'll be rooting for the silver and black :flag:

Splits
04-05-2014, 01:43 AM
Oklahoma is one of the best economies in the nation, unlike that Communistic state on the left coast....but what this has to do with basketball, I'm not really sure. I do know Blake comes back to OKC often, he must not hate it that much.

The Ten States Running Out Of Smart People

February 7, 2011 12:54 am EDT

3. Oklahoma

> Population Change (2000-2009): 159,419 (4.6%)
> Bachelor’s Degree or Higher: 22.7% (42nd)
> Population With White Collar Careers: 11.8% (37th)
> NAEP Math: 41st
> NAEP Reading: 38th

The best Oklahoma performed in any of our metrics was 33rd, for a slight increase in the population with jobs requiring college educations. In every other category, the state experienced significant relative and actual decreases. Oklahoma had the sixth-worst decline in reading scores. Between 2000 and 2009, 39 states had better increases in adults with bachelors degrees, and 45 had better increases in advanced degrees.

Read more: The Ten States Running Out Of Smart People - 24/7 Wall St. (http://247wallst.com/investing/2011/02/07/the-ten-states-running-out-of-smart-people/#ixzz2xzXVmIiP) http://247wallst.com/investing/2011/02/07/the-ten-states-running-out-of-smart-people/#ixzz2xzXVmIiP

:lmao not even 1 out of every 8 workers have a real career

Spur|n|Austin
04-05-2014, 02:17 AM
That's what happens when you buy Spurs v Raptors Finals tickets you silly Canadian.

Sean Cagney
04-05-2014, 02:29 AM
I'll be rooting for the silver and black :flag:

Yes and this is about it.. SILVER and black all the way.