PDA

View Full Version : Let's Be Honest: The Fix Is In

poeticism707
04-04-2014, 02:10 PM
So many obvious examples, so little time to record them.

Perkins clamps down and holds Duncan for a few seconds while he "argues" with a ref: Duncan takes offense as any grown man would, and shoves his hand away. Perkins, shoves Duncan WITH TWO HANDS, IN THE BACK, and what do the Thunderrefs do, of course? Double Technical! Yes, because Perkins isn't a thug retard or anything, and Duncan doesn't have a 15 year history of being a class act, raising his hand for obvious fouls, etc. Even if none of the refs saw it, yes, let's give some 6'10, sack of crap in Perkins the same benefit of the doubt as TD, one of the classiest players in league history.

Let's continue, shall we?

Kawi picks up the softest, most invisible fouls known to man, one of the best man to man defenders in the league, to the tune of 3 fouls in the first half, negating him defending Durant in the second half, which would have killed Durant's "streak," which he only got by the usual fake freebies of course.

On the other hand, that league inflated scrub Westchuck hacks the crap out of our ballhandlers, continuously bodying them, and knocking them down as he gets "steals," and yet the Spurs never get a single, solitary call. Curious.

That scrub Perkins hacks the crap out of TD inside on almost every post up per par, and yet, never a single call.

However, the Spurs, get within a foot of OKC scrubs, not to mention Durant and Westchuck, and it's freethrows. Don't know how many great contests with no contact I saw the scrubs got free throws off. Spurs the best defensive team, and the best at not fouling? Who cares?

Obvious facts are obvious. The Spurs didn't lose to OKC because of speed, or ther defense, nor any basketball reasons.

They lost because Stern called his on again, off again, concubine Silver, who only got his job because of Stern.

And instead of the Spurs beating OKC by 15 or 20, the fix ensued.

Only question is whether or not we will see the fix in the playoffs again.

Based on history, I wouldn't bet against it.

spurraider21
04-04-2014, 02:12 PM
What's funny is if Perkins didn't shove Duncan, neither would get a technical. So Duncan literally got a tech because of a Perkins shove

ElNono
04-04-2014, 02:16 PM
Pop sat out Gino... the fix is in!

weebo
04-04-2014, 02:16 PM
I'm asking myself why I opened this thread...

RD2191
04-04-2014, 02:25 PM
I agree. And even then we were still within 10 with 2 minutes left. OKC would be nothing without the refs. Perkins pushes Duncan and Duncan gets a T, that's all you need to know about the refs motives in last nights game.

Arc
04-04-2014, 02:32 PM
the league didn't know the spurs would go on a 19 game win streak, but i'm sure they assumed the spurs would be good and contending for #1. so this game serves two functions, make the thunder look good by beating an elite team on tv right before the playoffs, and also to help thunder get an easy W on a possible contender for #1. let's face it, they still really want that lebron vs durant finals.

perhaps my theory is just crap. perhaps the scheduling is automatic and whatnot. but why schedule one of the best match ups in the NBA on tv, when one is gonna be tired and shit, and the other fresh? that shit just seems fishy to me.

Budkin
04-04-2014, 02:34 PM
The Thunder get the calls now that the Lakers got in like 2000-02

heyheymymy
04-04-2014, 02:38 PM
I'm asking myself why I opened this thread...

yep, and i've gotten so used to the thunder getting certain types of calls. i'm over that.

deibero
04-04-2014, 02:41 PM
for me when green was fouled shooting a 3 and we got the ball out of bounds instead of the fts said it all!

if he wasnt shooting, what was he actually doing? travelling?

Aztecfan03
04-04-2014, 02:49 PM
for me when green was fouled shooting a 3 and we got the ball out of bounds instead of the fts said it all!

The reason the shot didn't go up is because the defender knocked green's arm down and away from the ball for a split second.

heyheymymy
04-04-2014, 03:28 PM
knew this game would be shady. oh well, we've had some good games whistle -wise lately so let's roll with it.

8FOR!3
04-04-2014, 03:41 PM
This thread's actually pretty spot on. Duncan got fouled a lot by Perkins and no calls. There's so many phantom fouls called for Durant, it's pretty bad. Even Westbrick got it easy last night.

poop
04-04-2014, 03:49 PM
Its happened before (2002, 2006)...lets hope nothing shady happens this year...

04-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Its happened before (2002, 2006)...lets hope nothing shady happens this year...
add 2012 wcf

Prime Time
04-04-2014, 04:03 PM
Spurs should've sent Damion James in to really give the Refs something to call.

BermudaSooner
04-04-2014, 04:14 PM
you guys are funny.

Captivus
04-04-2014, 04:31 PM
My sig speaks for itself...

Captivus
04-04-2014, 04:33 PM
I would add the they dont show replays for OKC calls.

deibero
04-04-2014, 04:34 PM
The reason the shot didn't go up is because the defender knocked green's arm down and away from the ball for a split second.

so youre with me that it should have been 3 shots then!

KaiRMD1
04-04-2014, 04:43 PM
I would add the they dont show replays for OKC calls.

Was just about to say this ol' sport. I was afraid of the fix being in but wanted to believe in good faith that it wouldn't be the case.

04-04-2014, 04:46 PM
I would add the they dont show replays for OKC calls.Not once did I see a replay. Not once!

thispego
04-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Obviously I agree with the concept if this thread. Thunder inexplicably get the most bullshit calls in their favor. Not even all Thunder fans are blind to it, as you can see in my sig.

BatManu20
04-04-2014, 08:06 PM
Stern haunting the NAB even after his retirement tbh. Spurs need HCA like a fat kid needs sugar if want a realistic shot of getting back to the big dance.

04-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Obviously I agree with the concept if this thread. Thunder inexplicably get the most bullshit calls in their favor. Not even all Thunder fans are blind to it, as you can see in my sig.

Sad that the officiating will be what's remembered."
Unfortunately, outside of Spurstalk, no one seems to remember.

Staplepuffs27
04-04-2014, 08:29 PM
Unfortunately, outside of Spurstalk, no one seems to remember.To be fair, refs did us a solid in 2007. Nobody seems to remember that either outside bitter suns fans.

thispego
04-04-2014, 08:34 PM
NBA does a good job of sweeping their screw jobs under the rug. 2002 lakers/kings is really the only one that still lingers

Russ
04-04-2014, 08:46 PM
Refereeing is ultimately mindlessly arbitrary (with a few exceptions like Joey Crawford).

There is no agenda.

Refs are like teenage girls, they go for who they think is cool in the heat of the moment. OKC is hotter and more showy than the Spurs. The refs are influenced by that, especially in OKC where their toothless crowd is urging them on.

Don't whine if your the Spurs. Just act like you're entitled and lean in a bit -- the refs will pick up on that.

There's no conspiracy.

04-04-2014, 08:48 PM
To be fair, refs did us a solid in 2007. Nobody seems to remember that either outside bitter suns fans.
The refs were so inept in that series, especially in game 3. I wouldn't say it was completely rigged, but of all the bad calls, and no calls we benefited more, definitely.

Who wins if it's Suns/Cavs finals?

04-04-2014, 08:49 PM
NBA does a good job of sweeping their screw jobs under the rug. 2002 lakers/kings is really the only one that still lingers
It's amazing really.

TheGoldStandard
04-04-2014, 08:52 PM
I'm sure if someone legitimately did an investigation into the consistency of riffing on the NBA they would find a network of dirty deeds that would hurt the league. You're talking about a group of people who can change the pace of the game, the intensity, the momentum and the actual game of a player. It's not like it's unheard of either as we have all seen instances of ref manipulation. It would take a gigantic movement in order to stop the corruption around the league. The government would have to threaten to investigate in order for the agendas to stop long enough to get away with all there other shady behaviors

will_spurs
04-05-2014, 06:42 AM
Hard to watch any Spurs vs OKC game and not think the fix is in.

Slippy
04-05-2014, 06:53 AM

definitely the most obvious

thispego
04-05-2014, 07:34 AM
Refereeing is ultimately mindlessly arbitrary (with a few exceptions like Joey Crawford).

There is no agenda.

Refs are like teenage girls, they go for who they think is cool in the heat of the moment. OKC is hotter and more showy than the Spurs. The refs are influenced by that, especially in OKC where their toothless crowd is urging them on.

Don't whine if your the Spurs. Just act like you're entitled and lean in a bit -- the refs will pick up on that.

There's no conspiracy.

You're wrong, there is an agenda. It doesn't play out every year but more often than not the league gets the finals matchup they want. The refs are the means of controlling this. You'd have to be stupid not to see it.

thispego
04-05-2014, 07:43 AM
I'm sure if someone legitimately did an investigation into the consistency of riffing on the NBA they would find a network of dirty deeds that would hurt the league. You're talking about a group of people who can change the pace of the game, the intensity, the momentum and the actual game of a player. It's not like it's unheard of either as we have all seen instances of ref manipulation. It would take a gigantic movement in order to stop the corruption around the league. The government would have to threaten to investigate in order for the agendas to stop long enough to get away with all there other shady behaviors

No one ever followed up on Donaghy's allegations...

james evans
04-05-2014, 09:53 AM
don't forget durant dribbling and picks the ball up with this right hand and puts it on the left side for a "crossover". even leonard complained to the ref about that. i'm not an nba official, none of us here are, but some of the shit they allow players to get away with while calling picky fouls should make everyone question the motives of the nba

Horse
04-05-2014, 10:01 AM
The officiating is beyond horrible but it's even worse when it comes to okc and even worse than that when they play us. All we can do is accept it and push back make those fouls count. I'm sure the sissy-boy servant doesn't like to be pushed around.

Horse
04-05-2014, 10:02 AM
If you remember when the suns got really good we beat them by beating them up, even had a bad guy rep for a while.

jARS mEsH sEt
04-05-2014, 10:05 AM
No one ever followed up on Donaghy's allegations...

There was no need to. That one was obvious. Phoenix got jobbed of a chance at a Finals appearance in 2007 and the Spurs win over them is clearly questionable. I don't think anyone doubts that.

jARS mEsH sEt
04-05-2014, 10:08 AM
The fact that the Spurs have benefited from dubious reffing in route to a championship made the 2012 WCF game 6 disaster sting a little bit less. I feel like we've already paid our due, though. We were robbed of a Finals appearance in 2012. Fine. We robbed Phoenix of a finals appearance in 2007.

If we're robbed again of a 2014 Finals appearance due to questionable officiating in favor of the Thunder (because it never seems to happen in favor of any other team, and that's including Miami) it would be downright embarrassing for OKC. No one would take them seriously anymore.

PublicOption
04-05-2014, 10:12 AM
This was a practice game for the refs to see how they can beat the spurs, but Pop stays one step ahead by keeping ginobili out. Pop has built this team to be Ref proof. All the guys have to do is hit 45%-50% from the field and 35%-40% from 3's and we win. Look it it up. Every time we shoot these %'s I am pretty sure there is nothing the refs can do about it.

elec99
04-05-2014, 10:44 AM
Would be interesting to see a new stat: Fouls generated per game per player, at home and away. And take that a step further, maybe we can see a historical tracking of fouls generated by that player against certain teams. Is there such a thing?
There are free throw stats kept, but that doesnt paint the full picture.

elec99
04-05-2014, 10:46 AM
Players like MJ, especially dwade, kd, harden, kobe, they'd be at the top of the list.

smaka
04-05-2014, 12:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXYxwBpXEvw

As long as they are calling that bullshit...

04-05-2014, 12:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXYxwBpXEvw

As long as they are calling that bullshit...
KD is such a faggot lmao

04-05-2014, 12:29 PM
The fact that the Spurs have benefited from dubious reffing in route to a championship made the 2012 WCF game 6 disaster sting a little bit less. I feel like we've already paid our due, though. We were robbed of a Finals appearance in 2012. Fine. We robbed Phoenix of a finals appearance in 2007.

If we're robbed again of a 2014 Finals appearance due to questionable officiating in favor of the Thunder (because it never seems to happen in favor of any other team, and that's including Miami) it would be downright embarrassing for OKC. No one would take them seriously anymore.Pretty much this

cd021
04-05-2014, 12:40 PM
My sig speaks for itself...

Lebron literally stiff armed Barea last night. Barea fell and he got the rack for a foul to put them up 2 in OT

Skull-1
04-05-2014, 12:44 PM
Anyone have a video of the Perkins shove on Tim?

thispego
04-05-2014, 12:45 PM
There was no need to. That one was obvious. Phoenix got jobbed of a chance at a Finals appearance in 2007 and the Spurs win over them is clearly questionable. I don't think anyone doubts that.

No need to follow up on it? Stern needs to be held accountable for puting out a fake product and trying to pass it off as legitimate.

thunderup
04-05-2014, 12:47 PM
:lol Good god, this thread and the people posting in it.

thispego
04-05-2014, 12:48 PM
Thunderup, you like living in blissful ignorance? Why not since your team is benefitting from the corruption, right? :lol

thispego
04-05-2014, 12:51 PM
Is "superstar treatment" ok in your mind? Yes or no?

thunderup
04-05-2014, 12:57 PM
It's a superstars league, so of course I approve of the treatment.

We have marketable superstars, in their prime.

04-05-2014, 01:13 PM

Just be here come June, that's all I ask.

Skull-1
04-05-2014, 01:13 PM

Especially for marketing a new "Planet of the Apes" movie...

thispego
04-05-2014, 01:28 PM

:lmao that's all I needed to know

jARS mEsH sEt
04-05-2014, 01:30 PM
Especially for marketing a new "Planet of the Apes" movie...

Not to mention a follow up sequel to the movie "Mr. Pizza Face (2010)" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1719521/)

:rollin

thispego
04-05-2014, 01:30 PM
"Manufactured superstars" thunderup is ok with this :lol. He also likes wwf

jARS mEsH sEt
04-05-2014, 01:31 PM
This was a practice game for the refs to see how they can beat the spurs, but Pop stays one step ahead by keeping ginobili out. Pop has built this team to be Ref proof. All the guys have to do is hit 45%-50% from the field and 35%-40% from 3's and we win. Look it it up. Every time we shoot these %'s I am pretty sure there is nothing the refs can do about it.

Yep this is the only reason I continue to watch. There's always a finite, non-zero chance of winning a game even with ref bias if you're absurdly efficient shooting from the field.

Skull-1
04-05-2014, 01:33 PM
Not to mention a follow up sequel to the movie "Mr. Pizza Face (2010)" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1719521/)

:rollin

:lmao

Splits
04-05-2014, 01:53 PM

http://i.imgur.com/s9qS5Ef.gif

superbigtime
04-05-2014, 02:37 PM
These Thunder Spurs games all have the same theme. Blatant discrepant treatment by the refs. No calls on Thunder. Phantom calls on the Spurs. We see it over and over. Can't expect any different if we face them in the playoffs.

The_Worlds_finest
04-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Spurs should've sent Damion James in to really give the Refs something to call.

Pop-"James youre in, go earn that ten day wink wink nudge nudge"

RGMCSE
04-06-2014, 11:37 AM
All I can say is that I have been a Spurs fan my whole life and have seen an enormous amount of BS screw jobs over the years. Having said all that my team are 4 time NBA Champions and the thunderrefs can suck a big serrated edged cock. Lets see where they get with all that assistance. By the way I don't know why so many of the fans still find it so shocking that the thunderrefs get calls. It has been stated many times over the years that the league is a stars and big market league. The thunderrefs have 2 stars and have more years in the league to come. The NBA is definitely trying to market that and benefit from it.

thispego
04-06-2014, 12:15 PM
Don't know if anyone is still surprised by it, just repulsed and dejected.

apalisoc_9
04-06-2014, 12:42 PM
There is no agenda, KD is just really good at exploiting the the refs.

The NBA needs to change some rules tbh...A lot of these rules make the game so SLOW.

thispego
04-06-2014, 03:34 PM
:rolleyes another dumbass