PDA

View Full Version : smh Sea World. Let the killer whales go already.

Blake
04-09-2014, 02:15 PM
Just watched Blackfish last night on Netflix. Huge eye opener.

For a follow up, I watched the discovery channel documentary on orcas. They're incredibly intelligent, figuring out how to climb up on to land to eat sea lions on the beach. Evolution evidence in action.

I recommend watching both, especially if you have any future notion of going to sea world.

Koolaid_Man
04-09-2014, 02:21 PM

For a follow up, I watched the discovery channel documentary on orcas. They're incredibly intelligent, figuring out how to climb up on to land to eat sea lions on the beach. Evolution evidence in action.

I recommend watching both, especially if you have any future notion of going to sea world.

:lmao@evolution

Koolaid_Man
04-09-2014, 02:25 PM
but check out this Killer Whale eating a Great White like Snikers bar :lmao

K9I_DcSbZjI

DJR210
04-09-2014, 02:35 PM
Lmao @ breeding all of Sea Worlds Orcas from a psychopath whale.

DarrinS
04-09-2014, 02:37 PM

I saw that -- good film.

I was very surprised that the same whale was involved in so many incidents.

Koolaid_Man
04-09-2014, 02:42 PM

you're a moron of the highest order...blaming the whale for going whale...you need to study this you retard :lol

kGEv5dC0lo4

Katherine Robinson
04-09-2014, 03:35 PM

They put hardiness and longevity over mental stability, quite a frightening direction they take.

KarmaKarma
04-09-2014, 04:39 PM
So so sad
:depressed

DJR210
04-09-2014, 05:08 PM
you're a moron of the highest order...blaming the whale for going whale...you need to study this you retard You're still not dead? Fuck, why couldn't it have been you, and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ have spared the Ultimate Warrior instead..

IronMexican
04-09-2014, 06:45 PM
Is that Discovery thing on Netflix?

And how do you go this far in life without watching Blackfish.

DarrinS
04-09-2014, 06:56 PM

I watched it on Netflix

Thebesteva
04-09-2014, 07:38 PM
Those whales are black. I say keep those monkey fish enslaved

IceColdBrewski
04-09-2014, 08:33 PM
Let them go where? They're domesticated whales who would never survive in the wild. They never learned how. It's not like the disney movies where they dump the whale into the ocean and he lives happily ever after.

IronMexican
04-09-2014, 08:35 PM
Let them go where? They're domesticated whales who would never survive in the wild. They never learned how. It's not like the disney movies where they dump the whale into the ocean and he lives happily ever after.

Then you could just let them die off, or hope they adapt. It can't be much worse than them living their awful lives, putting humans in danger, and making a bunch of assholes far too rich.

Blake
04-09-2014, 08:48 PM

Yes and i don't know. I honestly never heard of it til Netflix.

Blake
04-09-2014, 08:52 PM

That's similar to the Wild Cobra 1800s slave owner dilemma.

I'm not sure what the perfect answer is, but having people get injured or die year after year while trying to train frustrated cooped up orcas isn't it.

Sybok
04-09-2014, 11:59 PM
Every show including Blackfish is smoke and mirrors. They give you just enough to make you believe what they want you to believe, but they hide the reality. In reality, it's a few whales. Who gives a shit.

The Reckoning
04-10-2014, 06:33 AM
seaworld throwin bows

http://seaworld.com/en/truth/truth-about-blackfish/

The Reckoning
04-10-2014, 06:36 AM
we have small children dying of cancer and all people can think about is catch and release

jag
04-10-2014, 07:38 AM
Every show including Blackfish is smoke and mirrors. They give you just enough to make you believe what they want you to believe, but they hide the reality. In reality, it's a few whales. Who gives a shit.

True.

On a somewhat related note, it cracks me up when I hear people talk about "saving the whales." The majority of people have no idea what type of whales they are trying to save. Regardless, none of the major species (Sperm, Humpback, Gray, Bowhead, etc...) are actually endangered.

SnakeBoy
04-10-2014, 09:01 AM
I'm not sure what the perfect answer is, but having people get injured or die year after year while trying to train frustrated cooped up orcas isn't it.

You could stop watching and believing propaganda films.

Blake
04-10-2014, 10:52 AM

I admit I like the zoo, so I guess animals in captivity isn't the issue for me.

I dunno. I think the fact that people are dying mixed with miserable looking whales all for a jump through hoops show just doesn't sit right with me.

And the show blows.

Blake
04-10-2014, 10:56 AM
seaworld throwin bows

http://seaworld.com/en/truth/truth-about-blackfish/

some pretty decent haymakers, but their avoidance of the collapsed dorsal fin question is duly noted.

Blake
04-10-2014, 11:06 AM
The state Assembly will hold its first committee hearing Tuesday on the bill that is pitting animal welfare activists against a staple of San Diego's tourism industry. SeaWorld San Diego houses 10 killer whales, which would be moved into a larger sea pen and could not be bred if the Legislature approved the bill and the governor signed it. The bill would also ban the import and export of the animals, and activists are moving to bring similar bills to Florida and Texas where SeaWorld has parks."They are too large, too intelligent, too socially complex and too far-ranging to be adequately cared for in captivity," said Naomi Rose, a marine mammal scientist with the Animal Welfare Institute, the bill's sponsor.

SeaWorld has been fighting back against that perception, which executives said is inspired by the 2013 documentary "Blackfish," which its officials say distorts the facts to favor an anti-captivity agenda........

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/seaworld-killer-whale-shows-could-be-sunk-by-california-bill/

The Reckoning
04-10-2014, 11:17 AM
some pretty decent haymakers, but their avoidance of the collapsed dorsal fin question is duly noted.

just like how any cat loses its tail or a pig starts to grow tusks when they go feral. should we release all of those too?

Blake
04-10-2014, 11:24 AM
just like how any cat loses its tail or a pig starts to grow tusks when they go feral. should we release all of those too?

have any trainers died at Pork World?

Blake
04-10-2014, 11:27 AM
You could stop watching and believing propaganda films.

Aren't you a proponent of intelligent design?

Blake
04-10-2014, 11:32 AM
The bill has stalled

A California bill that sought to end killer whale shows at SeaWorld in San Diego and phase out their captivity was put on hold Tuesday, dousing an escalating fight between animal activists and supporters of the major tourist attraction.The bill's author, Democrat Richard Bloom of Santa Monica, agreed during the bill's first hearing before the water, parks and wildlife committee to revisit his proposal after further study. As a result, AB2140 is dead for this year and the soonest lawmakers could vote on the proposal would be mid-2015."It's unfortunate that much of the conversation has been fueled ... by fear and invective and misinformation," Bloom said. "It's clear that many committee members are simply unprepared to make a decision on the bill."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/calif-bill-end-seaworld-killer-whale-shows-23232546

The Gemini Method
04-10-2014, 11:35 AM
I would pay to watch an orca eat a trainer...is that wrong?

Blake
04-10-2014, 11:44 AM
I would pay to watch an orca eat a trainer...is that wrong?

4waz30EbI8o

:lol at the dude narrating

Sybok
04-10-2014, 11:52 AM

I dunno. I think the fact that people are dying mixed with miserable looking whales all for a jump through hoops show just doesn't sit right with me.

And the show blows.

There's no rash of SeaWorld deaths.

Whales aren't human, despite all the attempts by PETA and liberals to portray them as humans trapped in whale bodies.

If the show sucks, don't go.

Sybok
04-10-2014, 11:57 AM
4waz30EbI8o

:lol at the dude narrating

His naive takes are as legit as yours. More reactionary comments of the uneducated concerned sheep. What's amusing is that neither this clown nor you were concerned about it before the shockumentary was made. You're reacting to the movie, not to the facts. People die in circuses, it happens. The show is basically a circus with marine life.

SnakeBoy
04-10-2014, 12:16 PM

And the show blows.

Wasn't that long ago killer whales were feared and being hunted by the thousands, now they are one of the most beloved and protected animals on the planet. SeaWorld has had a lot to do with that change, more than those tofu eating PETA fucks ever have.

People only protect things they love, and people only love things they know.

What's to address, it's not a health problem. No one really knows for sure why they bend but their best guess is that it is caused by captive whales spending so much time on the surface, unlike wild orcas. Are they supposed to build 300 foot deep pools for them?

Blake
04-10-2014, 12:39 PM
There's no rash of SeaWorld deaths.

What's your cutoff for rash? Mine is one.

Blake
04-10-2014, 12:51 PM
What's to address, it's not a health problem. No one really knows for sure why they bend but their best guess is that it is caused by captive whales spending so much time on the surface, unlike wild orcas. Are they supposed to build 300 foot deep pools for them?

Sea World says it's not a health problem. Activists say it is.

but orcas breathe air. Why bother with a tank at all? Just throw a bucket of water on it every few hours.

SnakeBoy
04-10-2014, 12:53 PM

but orcas breathe air. Why bother with a tank at all? Just throw a bucket of water on it every few hours.

Oh the activists say it is...so you're a science denier after all :lol

IceColdBrewski
04-10-2014, 01:48 PM
Then you could just let them die off, or hope they adapt. It can't be much worse than them living their awful lives, putting humans in danger, and making a bunch of assholes far too rich.

Might as well just shoot em in the head and be done with it then. It'd be a lot cheaper, and a whole lot more humane than just dumping them into the ocean where they'd slowly starve to death. And if putting humans in danger is a concern of yours, letting them go into the wild is the last thing you want to do. They're going to head straight for the nearest humans once in the ocean, because humans are the only source of food and interaction they've ever known.

Sybok
04-10-2014, 01:53 PM
What's your cutoff for rash? Mine is one.

The term "rash" means a series of things, not just one. Otherwise there's a rash of missing airliners and we should all stop flying.

Sybok
04-10-2014, 02:05 PM

I see so your concern is superficial and doesn't warrant you becoming educated on the subject.

Blake
04-10-2014, 02:30 PM
Oh the activists say it is...so you're a science denier after all :lol

the activists sites I've seen quote info from scientist.

that's a cool fallacy you've got there.

Blake
04-10-2014, 02:40 PM
The term "rash" means a series of things, not just one. Otherwise there's a rash of missing airliners and we should all stop flying.

Actually rash means "*2*:*a large number of instances in a short period*<a*rash*of complaints>". My large number here for concern is one.

But no need to play a semantics and/or numbers game any way since the number itself is obviously irrelevant to you.

Blake
04-10-2014, 02:43 PM
His naive takes are as legit as yours. More reactionary comments of the uneducated concerned sheep. What's amusing is that neither this clown nor you were concerned about it before the shockumentary was made. You're reacting to the movie, not to the facts. People die in circuses, it happens. The show is basically a circus with marine life.

I'm not cool with death at silly circuses either, especially with the target audiences being kids.

not sure where I implied I was.

Blake
04-10-2014, 02:44 PM
I see so your concern is superficial and doesn't warrant you becoming educated on the subject.

I've got my limits as to how much care I want to invest in this.

If you or Sea World want to educate me with real scientific evidence, I'd appreciate it.

Sybok
04-10-2014, 04:06 PM
Actually rash means "*2*:*a large number of instances in a short period*<a*rash*of complaints>". My large number here for concern is one.

But no need to play a semantics and/or numbers game any way since the number itself is obviously irrelevant to you.

Rash: a large number of instances in a short period <a rash of complaints>

The number 1 is not a large number by default since it's the smallest whole number in existence.

Being born is 100% fatal. We should avoid it.

You had a knee jerk reaction to the video. They do thousands of shows and one time a person was killed. Shut down all circuses, sky diving, air shows, scuba diving, horseback riding, anything that risks death to the participant or the actor.

Sybok
04-10-2014, 04:08 PM
I've got my limits as to how much care I want to invest in this.

If you or Sea World want to educate me with real scientific evidence, I'd appreciate it.

You started the fucking thread, idiot.

Sybok
04-10-2014, 04:09 PM
I'm not cool with death at silly circuses either, especially with the target audiences being kids.

not sure where I implied I was.

Where's your thread on circuses? Or are you waiting for a Michael Moore type "documentary" to inspire you?

cantthinkofanything
04-10-2014, 04:19 PM
They should change their name to "Involuntary Manslaughter Whales".
Or "Insane Whales".

Sybok
04-10-2014, 04:21 PM
Or "Insane Whales".

Or "cleansing the gene pool" whales.

cantthinkofanything
04-10-2014, 04:22 PM
Or "Insane Whales".

spurraider21
04-10-2014, 04:31 PM
You all sound like Kony 2012 faggots

IceColdBrewski
04-10-2014, 04:34 PM
You free willy types need to watch this video. After several years and countless millions of dollars teaching ol' willy to survive on his own, he still chose to hang around humans instead after only a month on his own. Take note of the footage that starts at the 9:00 minute mark when there's a bunch of kids climbing on him and trying to pet him after he showed up in village in Norway. This is your bright idea? A bunch of half-starved, confused whales (one of which has already killed 3 people) showing up somewhere where there's kids? Yeah, no danger there. :rolleyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7fKTh5uAxE

I can see if somebody wants to argue that sea world should stop breeding in captivity. But the whole "just let them go" idea is stupid on every level from top to bottom.

cantthinkofanything
04-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Or "Insane Whales".

Blake
04-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Rash: a large number of instances in a short period <a rash of complaints>

The number 1 is not a large number by default since it's the smallest whole number in existence.

It's a philosophical argument, not a mathematical or semantic one.

One death is enough for me. But again, you've made it clear that even a large numbered rash is irrelevant to you. A million deaths a day by orca attack at a water park is not a big deal to you because deaths happen in this biz.........so I'm not sure why you're continuing with this.

Being born is 100% fatal. We should avoid it.

kill yourself in an orca tank if you want. Just do it away from kids.

You had a knee jerk reaction to the video. They do thousands of shows and one time a person was killed. Shut down all circuses, sky diving, air shows, scuba diving, horseback riding, anything that risks death to the participant or the actor.

Proper regulation for those events would be fine.

Any time you're ready to throw out some orca education.......

cantthinkofanything
04-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Or "Insane Whales".

The Gemini Method
04-10-2014, 04:42 PM
Dey already called Killer Whales, bruh, what else warning do you fuckin' need, holmes?

Blake
04-10-2014, 04:42 PM
Where's your thread on circuses? Or are you waiting for a Michael Moore type "documentary" to inspire you?

pretty much yes. Let me know if there's a circus doc on Netflix.

DeadlyDynasty
04-10-2014, 04:43 PM
Last time I went to Sea World (early 90's) a flamingo shit on my shoulder...didn't notice it till my Pops pointed it out.

The Gemini Method
04-10-2014, 04:44 PM
Last time I went to Sea World (early 90's) a flamingo shit on my shoulder...didn't notice it till my Pops pointed it out.

Don't be fooled by they pink coats--them birds are ferocious shitters! All that scrimps in they diet...

DisAsTerBot
04-10-2014, 04:48 PM
open ocean pen

cantthinkofanything
04-10-2014, 04:49 PM
Or "Insane Whales".

Thebesteva
04-10-2014, 10:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQbFm32WbLk