PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: #MambaPower

Michael Jordan.
04-09-2014, 08:33 PM
Kobe Bryant Won’t Be Consulted on Mike D’Antoni’s Future

Per USA Today:
Kupchak: “We will not consult with him. No, we won’t consult with him.”

Q: Because when he was asked about Mike last week, the perception was that he didn’t go to bat for him publicly. That started the storyline of “Well, Mike’s not coming back because it doesn’t seem like Kobe wants him back.”

Kupchak: “We won’t consult with him. Our decisions going forward — we’re not going to do knee-jerk stuff. We’ll let the season end, and take some time. We’ve got a lot of injuries and surgeries to sort through. That’s a lot to accomplish. We have the draft coming up?”

Q: Do you have clarity on that (D’Antoni) decision yet?

Kupchak: “No. No. In fact, I told Jimmy (Buss) let’s get to the end season, take some time off…then review the season. Look at our roster. I mean we have a plan. We’ve aligned our contracts in such a way where we’re at a position where we’re not financially stuck. But there’s a lot we don’t know. We don’t know where we’re going to get our pick. Are we going to be sixth, are we going to be eighth, are we going to be two or three? We don’t know. We know who may be a free agent, but we don’t know for sure until June 30. So we know a lot, and we’re set up to take advantage of the situations — whether it’s to make a trade, take back a player, get a good draft choice, pursue free agency. But once again, it’s a different world than it was 20 years ago. And as much as we’d like to be very competitive and competing for a championship next year, it may or may not happen, ok?”

Despite persistent rumors (http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2014/03/mike-dantoni-marshall-reportedly-mutual-interest) about D’Antoni leaving or being replaced (http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2014/04/los-angeles-lakers-deny-john-calipari-will-replace-mike-dantoni), the Lakers have given no indication (http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2014/03/lakers-gm-mitch-kupchak-says-mike-dantoni-done-great-job-season) that they plan to let him go (http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2014/04/los-angeles-lakers-reportedly-leaning-toward-keeping-mike-dantoni).
Mitch Kupchak remains patient, practical, and realistic in the face of enormous pressure from the huge Laker fan base, corporate partners and the team’s impatient, aging shooting guard. He’s honest about the Lakers perhaps not contending for NBA championships in the very near future.
As for Kobe and the loud ticking clock in his head as he stares down basketball mortality? Well, he’ll just have to suck it up, says Kupchak:

“He’ll be fine. He’s got no choice. He’ll be fine. When we lose, he’ll rant and rave and be upset and be hot and won’t talk to anybody, but that’s the way it is. You’ve got to take the good with the bad.”

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2014/04/kobe-3/

ambchang
04-10-2014, 04:01 AM
In summary, kupchak is saying Kobe's a whiny bitch who fakes his love for winning but actually prefers signing with a team with no future for lots of money.

Thread
04-10-2014, 04:04 AM
In summary, kupchak is saying Kobe's a whiny bitch who fakes his love for winning but actually prefers signing with a team with no future for lots of money.

Boiled down:::

Amy

scanry
04-10-2014, 04:54 AM

Amy

I can see you're running out of your usual one liners and the parroting shtick.

ambchang
04-10-2014, 06:25 AM

Amy

:lol seems like I have snapped you again.

Get back when you are sane. Suns fan.

TDMVPDPOY
04-10-2014, 06:49 AM
the owners have where they want the mamba to be, nothing more then a cripple toothless snake with no venom

owners going to enjoy sliding that dick down that snakes throat without lube, just like putting on a condom

Raven
04-10-2014, 07:36 AM
may or may not, :lol @ being realist

:lol

Thread
04-10-2014, 08:16 AM
:lol seems like I have snapped you again.

Get back when you are sane. Suns fan.

Absolutely a Suns fan.

Thread
04-10-2014, 08:17 AM
the owners have where they want the mamba to be, nothing more then a cripple toothless snake with no venom

owners going to enjoy sliding that dick down that snakes throat without lube, just like putting on a condom

Like Amy & Tim.

Thread
04-10-2014, 08:17 AM
I can see you're running out of your usual one liners and the parroting shtick.

Then you won't mind:::

Amy

ambchang
04-10-2014, 08:34 AM
Absolutely a Suns fan.

Then act like one and quit posting as a "Laker" fan.

P.S. Makes perfect sense now why you were willing to abandon KAM to fend for himself, you two don't aren't even brothers in arms.

Thread
04-10-2014, 08:49 AM
Then act like one and quit posting as a "Laker" fan.

P.S. Makes perfect sense now why you were willing to abandon KAM to fend for himself, you two don't aren't even brothers in arms.

I never defend my fandom. It's my religion.

---

5 words that shook the House of Ellis:::"If he goes I go."

Next time, come hard, else stay on the porch with the women folk.

scanry
04-10-2014, 10:29 AM
Then you won't mind:::

Amy

Why would i care? It's not like i'm related.

Dude has like maybe $100 mil in his bank and now that his kids are all grown up, she's the least of his problems. You're a sucker for falling for that crap.

BTW Dale, how many kids have you got? I'm thinking they must be our age (23 - 28) right?

Thread
04-10-2014, 10:38 AM

Dude has like maybe $100 mil in his bank and now that his kids are all grown up, she's the least of his problems. You're a sucker for falling for that crap.

BTW Dale, how many kids have you got? I'm thinking they must be our age (23 - 28) right?

Scan, don't try and minimize what happened last June. Christ, when Kobe & Van were separated you guys had a field day.

Take it. You dished it.

scanry
04-10-2014, 10:52 AM
Scan, don't try and minimize what happened last June. Christ, when Kobe & Van were separated you guys had a field day.

Take it. You dished it.

Dale, i've got better things to do than hinge on something the Spurs should've won in the past. I'm an avid sports fan and watch a lot of sports (domestic and international). Heck i used to watch golf all day in college (while doing homework btw). 5 years away from college seems like eternity.

I realize you don't want to reveal your personal life and i can respect that.

Thread
04-10-2014, 11:27 AM
Dale, i've got better things to do than hinge on something the Spurs should've won in the past. I'm an avid sports fan and watch a lot of sports (domestic and international). Heck i used to watch golf all day in college (while doing homework btw). 5 years away from college seems like eternity.

I realize you don't want to reveal your personal life and i can respect that.

Dude, I've stated on here numerous times I have 3 children, all sons.

Clipper Nation
04-10-2014, 11:34 AM

Plus he could lodge the prenuptuals, unlike Kirby :lol

Thread
04-10-2014, 11:44 AM
Plus he could lodge the prenuptuals, unlike Kirby :lol

Yeah, but, CN, she took the cookie, the whole thing. Baked just one, not even a batch like a regular wife, just the single cookie, then absconded with the damn thing leavin' Duncan at the mercy of a little squirt named Battier who spent the prior years trying to solve Kobe with a 3 ring white binder only to get turned down at the Easy Bake Oven.

Amy & her Duncan.

scanry
04-10-2014, 11:52 AM
Dude, I've stated on here numerous times I have 3 children, all sons.

Dude i just finished watching Jessica Biel's Texas Chain Saw Massacre and i come back and see this.

Creepy.

Thread
04-10-2014, 11:54 AM
Dude i just finished watching Jessica Biel's Texas Chain Saw Massacre and i come back and see this.

Creepy.

Bend over. I'll show ya fuckin' creepy.

scanry
04-10-2014, 11:55 AM
Bend over. I'll show ya fuckin' creepy.

:lol

ambchang
04-10-2014, 01:13 PM
I never defend my fandom. It's my religion.

---

5 words that shook the House of Ellis:::"If he goes I go."

Next time, come hard, else stay on the porch with the women folk.

:lol The only reason Ellis didn't ban you or anybody else is because 1) she's not around, and 2) she just doesn't ban too many people.

And again, you are defending your fandom of the Suns. You are defending it by being a fake Laker fan. Depressing.

Thread
04-10-2014, 01:15 PM
:lol The only reason Ellis didn't ban you or anybody else is because 1) she's not around, and 2) she just doesn't ban too many people.

And again, you are defending your fandom of the Suns. You are defending it by being a fake Laker fan. Depressing.

I never defend my fandom.

It's my religion.

------

Bottom line:::Kool remainsPERIOD

Katherine Robinson
04-10-2014, 01:18 PM
I never pay my tickets.

It's my religion.

------

Bottom line:::Ticket remainsPERIOD

The Batman
05-16-2014, 08:23 AM
Los Angeles Lakers (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/lal/los-angeles-lakers) general manager Mitch Kupchak says the lines of communication withKobe Bryant (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/110/kobe-bryant) are open, but that doesn't mean the star guard will get a say in whom the team hires as its next coach.
"From time to time we ask his advice," Kupchak told ESPN's Andy Katz at the NBA draft combine Thursday in Chicago. "He really won't weigh in on something like this. I'm not even sure that we'll talk to him prior to interviews. But from time to time, he is in our facility, I'll go downstairs and I'll talk to him about a bunch of different things."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10938595/los-angeles-lakers-gm-mitch-kupchak-says-kobe-bryant-say-picking-new-coach

The Batman
05-16-2014, 08:23 AM
#Mambapower. #TheJanitor