PDA

View Full Version : The clips or the spurs need Phil against okc

Aremid
04-10-2014, 12:19 AM
Neither doc or pop have the balls to call out all the bs fouls okc is able to draw

RD2191
04-10-2014, 12:21 AM
I never understood why coaches never go after OKC with hard fouls. They call them anyway, fucking foul hard and play some tough D.

hater
04-10-2014, 12:22 AM
hard fouls

I agree

put the Ethiopian on the ground 3 or 4 times. hard. see how he reacts. never been done before for some reason

hater
04-10-2014, 12:23 AM
thats why I love me some Cisco Garcia. nigga got no respec for d Ethiopian

RD2191
04-10-2014, 12:24 AM
:lol

TheGoldStandard
04-10-2014, 12:24 AM
I agree

put the Ethiopian on the ground 3 or 4 times. hard. see how he reacts. never been done before for some reason

Just undercut that fool when he goes for that rip through and put him on his ass.. He might cry

hater
04-10-2014, 12:25 AM
Miss Bruce tbh :cry

thunderup
04-10-2014, 12:25 AM
I love basketball.

daslicer
04-10-2014, 12:27 AM
I agree you have gotta to foul them hard. If you foul them hard the refs will start calling touch fouls both ways just to prevent the game from getting out of control. Unfortunately I don't think the spurs have anybody capable of giving out hard fouls to the Ethiopian.

hater
04-10-2014, 12:30 AM
b_YK7Q-Upx4

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2014, 12:34 AM

Except the Thunder own Houston just as much as they own the Spurs:lol..

hater
04-10-2014, 12:35 AM
Except the Thunder own Houston just as much as they own the Spurs:lol..

complete failure

Thunder pushed Spurs shit in 4-0. Thunder failed to do this to Houston.

complete post failure.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2014, 12:40 AM
complete failure

Thunder pushed Spurs shit in 4-0. Thunder failed to do this to Houston.

complete post failure.

They are 3-1 against Houston with the Rockets only win coming at home without Westbrook..they completely owned them last year, too..

They clearly own both the Spurs and Rockets, and your random Fransisco Garcia hype is stupid, as usual..

DAF86
04-10-2014, 12:43 AM
Yep, some whining would definitely help and I'm not being sarcastic, notice how I'm not using the colour blue.

hater
04-10-2014, 12:49 AM
They are 3-1 against Houston with the Rockets only win coming at home without Westbrook..they completely owned them last year, too..

They clearly own both the Spurs and Rockets, and your random Fransisco Garcia hype is stupid, as usual..

Translation. You right the rockets at least shitted on okc once this season.

kobe4life
04-10-2014, 12:49 AM
Phil is the only one who could whine and get us the calls. That is what i'm always thankful for.

hommeaetage
04-10-2014, 12:54 AM
I agree you have gotta to foul them hard. If you foul them hard the refs will start calling touch fouls both ways just to prevent the game from getting out of control. Unfortunately I don't think the spurs have anybody capable of giving out hard fouls to the Ethiopian.

Bingo! This is exactly how the foul disparity would even out against OKC. Until the refs feels like they're losing control of the game, they will never call it evenly. It's not the ideal situation, but hey, gotta win by any mean necessary. And the good thing about that strategy is even if the game gets chippy, I think it would be easier for the Spurs to keep their composure

hater
04-10-2014, 12:54 AM
PJ coached LA AND CHI. Good luck whining from the riverwalk :lmao

RD2191
04-10-2014, 12:59 AM
All they gotta do is foul hard, dat nigga Baynes needs to lay KD and Westbrook out a couple of times. Who the fuck cares what the media or other fans think? The Spurs are the most disrespected team on and off the court. Lets give them a reason to hate, tbh.

Darius Bieber
04-10-2014, 01:01 AM
All they gotta do is foul hard, dat nigga Baynes needs to lay KD and Westbrook out a couple of times. Who the fuck cares what the media or other fans think? The Spurs are the most disrespected team on and off the court. Lets give them a reason to hate, tbh.

Yeah. If Baynes gets ejected, so what? He barely gets minutes anyways. Get a little Robert Horry vs. Steve Nash Phoenix Suns playoffs style up in here.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2014, 01:05 AM
If committing a hard foul to send a message is so easy, it would have been deployed by now:lol..

OKC won the West in 2012, they were the #1 seed in 2013 and the favorites in 2014..hard fouls isn't going to miraculously stop them from being a dominant team:lol..

RD2191
04-10-2014, 01:07 AM
If committing a hard foul to send a message is so easy, it would have been deployed by now:lol..

OKC won the West in 2012, they were the #1 seed in 2013 and the favorites in 2014..hard fouls isn't going to miraculously stop them from being a dominant team:lol..
Doesn't matter, just gotta see how they react to it. Wear them down until they break.

hommeaetage
04-10-2014, 01:09 AM

You're missing the point. It's not the hard foul that will stop OKC, it's the just about doing anything to force the refs to call an even game. I just want consistency in the calls. I don't care if they call it tight or loose, as long as the calls are consistent and one team (OKC) isn't getting away with murder

RD2191
04-10-2014, 01:10 AM
You're missing the point. It's not the hard foul that will stop OKC, it's the just about doing anything to force the refs to call an even game. I just want consistency in the calls. I don't care if they call it tight or loose, as long as the calls are consistent and one team (OKC) isn't getting away with murder
this too

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2014, 01:15 AM

When a team commits a hard foul, it generally leads to a skirmish, which results in officials calling a tight game..OKC easily beats the Spurs in a tightly officiated game, as we have seen many times in the past..

The only tool the Spurs have that can affect the officiating is Pop speaking out, but that's not his style, unfortunately..

The hard foul logic hasn't applied to the NBA in years IMO..in the past, when a nigga committed a hard foul, it instilled fear into the opposition, because the threat of getting hit a second time was real, whereas it just isn't going to occur in today's league..even if a player gets hit hard once, he knows it isn't going to occur a second time, tbh..

Clipper Nation
04-10-2014, 01:16 AM
You can't even hard foul them, they're already at the line before even a particle from your fingernail can ever so slightly graze them :lol

hommeaetage
04-10-2014, 01:21 AM
When a team commits a hard foul, it generally leads to a skirmish, which results in officials calling a tight game..OKC easily beats the Spurs in a tightly officiated game, as we have seen many times in the past..

The only tool the Spurs have that can affect the officiating is Pop speaking out, but that's not hi style, unfortunately..

No, They usually beat the Spurs in games when they get ticky tac fouls in their favor. In a tight game, fouls will be called on both ends which results in Durant/Westbrook in foul trouble.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2014, 01:23 AM
No, They usually beat the Spurs in games when they get ticky tac fouls in their favor. In a tight game, fouls will be called on both ends which results in Durant/Westbrook in foul trouble.

:lol do you really believe this, tbh?..

Don't get your hopes up, my nigga..

hommeaetage
04-10-2014, 01:23 AM
You can't even hard foul them, they're already at the line before even a particle from your fingernail can ever so slightly graze them :lol

Well back in high school (foreign country) when I used to play ball, our coach always told us "if you're gonna send someone at the line, make sure they 'earn' it"

hommeaetage
04-10-2014, 01:25 AM
:lol do you really believe this, tbh?..

Then it wouldn't be a tight officiated game if everyone weren't subjected to foul trouble. And don't act like you haven't seen this strategy before.

RD2191
04-10-2014, 01:26 AM
I'm not necessarily talking about cheap shots, but next time Durant goes for the rip through make sure his skinny ass forearms feel it.

jkid12456
04-10-2014, 01:28 AM
thats we need some metta world peace in this sht to balance our lacklastre firepower in this spurs team

tenbeersbold
04-10-2014, 01:40 AM
'Bout the only strategy that has a chance after game 6 in 2012 and seeing how the games since then have been called and given the $$$ there is in getting Durant to the Finals vs Stone face Timmeh its plain to see the refs have an agenda.

If anyone thinks we beat the Thunder in a seven game series w/o some kinda strategy change..LOL
Problem is Pop is in love w/ his SYSTEM a little too much to see that it aint gonna work against Silversteins favored sonz

Plus if we're gonna lose might as well make 'em earn it,instead of layin' over Euroball style..
In before the too many French players jokes :hat

Seriously..Spurs gotta hope OKC gets beat by someone else cause the Silverefmethstein agenda aint gonna allow the Spurs to pass go...it's that simple

Part of it is on Pop though,you go to war with the NBA MGMT over style substance and everything else and are surprised when MGMT decides to fu+k with the employee.Don't think that Pops long running cultural war with the NBA's strategic vision hasn't gone unnoticed.

Its like if you showed up for work everyday and went to an employee meeting every morning where the boss told you exactly what he wants to see you do
and you preceded to go out and do exactly the OPPOSITE for years and still succeeded despite doing NOTHING the way they wanted you to.

The strategy was obvious last game...try and get the Thunder HCA so the douching by the refs is a little less obvious.
Check the atrocious officiating in the T-wolves game,sure the Spurs played bad but they couldn't buy a call there either..no surprise.

And anyone who thinks otherwise had better remember the insane amount of food stamps that were handed out to the Fakers in the last few weeks of last season just to squeak them into the playoffs and the Jazz being shafted outta the 8th spot via not being able to get a whistle.Funnily enough or not that article was published around the exact same time at the end of the season as now.

No question the FIX is in...what to do about it is the big ???

http://www.blazersedge.com/2013/4/13/4219640/Los-Angeles-Lakers-playoffs-refs-referee-free-throws-officiating-conspiracy-nba

RD2191
04-10-2014, 01:42 AM
'Bout the only strategy that has a chance after game 6 in 2012 and seeing how the games since then have been called and given the $$$ there is in getting Durant to the Finals vs Stone face Timmeh its plain to see the refs have an agenda.

If anyone thinks we beat the Thunder in a seven game series w/o some kinda strategy change..LOL
Problem is Pop is in love w/ his SYSTEM a little too much to see that it aint gonna work against Silversteins favored sonz

Plus if we're gonna lose might as well make 'em earn it,instead of layin' over Euroball style..

Seriously..Spurs gotta hope OKC gets beat by someone else cause the Silverefmethstein agenda aint gonna allow the Spurs to pass go...it's that simple

Part of it is on Pop though,you go to war with the NBA MGMT over style substance and everything else and are surprised when MGMT decides to fu+k with the employee.Don't think that Pops long running cultural war with the NBA's strategic vision hasn't gone unnoticed.

Its like if you showed up for work everyday and went to an employee meeting every morning where the boss told you exactly what he wants to see you do
and you preceded to go out and do exactly the OPPOSITE for years and still succeeded despite doing NOTHING the way they wanted you to.

The strategy was obvious last game...try and get the Thunder HCA so the douching by the refs is a little less obvious.
Check the atrocious officiating in the T-wolves game,sure the Spurs played bad but they couldn't buy a call there either..no surprise.

And anyone who thinks otherwise had better remember the insane amount of food stamps that were handed out to the Fakers in the last few weeks of last season just to squeak them into the playoffs and the Jazz being shafted outta the 8th spot via not being able to get a whistle.No question the FIX is in...what to do about it is the big ???

http://www.blazersedge.com/2013/4/13/4219640/Los-Angeles-Lakers-playoffs-refs-referee-free-throws-officiating-conspiracy-nba

ElNono
04-10-2014, 02:15 AM
:pop: We just gotta make some shots

HI-FI
04-10-2014, 03:13 AM

And anyone who thinks otherwise had better remember the insane amount of food stamps that were handed out to the Fakers in the last few weeks of last season just to squeak them into the playoffs and the Jazz being shafted outta the 8th spot via not being able to get a whistle.Funnily enough or not that article was published around the exact same time at the end of the season as now.

the goods. :tu

will_spurs
04-10-2014, 04:52 AM
I'd like to see Baynes come in for a few hard fouls. Just slam on the forearms of KD and Westbrook a few times and see how good they are with their jumpshot afterwards. Since you know the refs will call a foul no matter what you do, might as well make it worth your while. It's basically the same situation as fouling a player on a fastbreak, give him 2 FTs, not an and-1.

MI21
04-10-2014, 06:19 AM
The last thing the Spurs want is a tightly officiated game, tbh. We all know how that turns out with Durant, no exaggeration, skinny fuck will go to the line 25 times.

I actually give a little credence to OP's point, what harm can a little whinging in the media do. Pop has that respect where it don't matter what he says, it isn't going to put a black mark on his rep or have him labelled as a whiner, actually worth a shot tbh.

Capt Bringdown
04-10-2014, 07:12 AM

True. The last game looked exactly like the backdoor sweep humiliation. Nothing's changed since then - The Spurs are still playing the same cards, and the Thunder still own the Spurs, right down to the shoestrings. I've seldom seen a team look so confident and masterful as OKC does when they play the Spurs. That's why their scrubs look dominant against us - because they know exactly what the Spurs are going to do, and they have all the answers.
Pop's response to getting dominated is to play the percentages. He's too dogmatic and rigid to consider trying another strategy, unfortunately.

TampaDude
04-10-2014, 07:21 AM
Bone cracking hard fouls. Draw blood Bill Laimbeer style. Do it!

04-10-2014, 08:05 AM
Miss Bruce tbh :cry

04-10-2014, 08:13 AM
Tbh last time we played we won the first and second q before Pop pulled the plug. And that's without Ginobili, with kawhi in foul trouble, and the refs blowing their load on us. Granted, OKC didnt have Sef, but I can see us beat OKC if we're healthy, and the officiating isn't too bad.

Dex
04-10-2014, 09:01 AM
Phil is the only one who could whine and get us the calls. That is what i'm always thankful for.

This is actually pretty true. For most coaches in the league (Pop included), if they go to the media and bitch about the refs, they draw a hefty fine, a stern warning from the league, and no sympathy from the refs. Hell, if anything, it puts them on their shit list.

For Phil, he'd still get the fine (which is like monopoly money to the Lakers org) and the public backlash...but miraculously, every time he'd pull that shit, the calls would start going his way the next game.

Zenmaster had some serious voodoo mind tricks he was able to pull.

jbspurs
04-10-2014, 09:21 AM
I never understood why coaches never go after OKC with hard fouls. They call them anyway, fucking foul hard and play some tough D.

Refs will call flagrant on every foul. Refs like them like that.

wildchild
04-10-2014, 09:38 AM
I don't forget how Horry's foul changed the series vs Suns, Amar'e and Boris out of Game 5 changed everything, and we won the ring that year.

No more Big Shot Rob but could Ayres repeat one of the most dastardly yet brilliant moves in playoofs? Kill Russ!

Maybe I should be ashamed of myself for this ^^ but...I just hate Westbrook.

gnsf0946
04-10-2014, 02:51 PM
Clippers would be a legit contender with Phil as coach imo

urunobili
04-10-2014, 02:59 PM
#HowwouldHorrydealwithAbaka?

look_at_g_shred
04-10-2014, 04:00 PM
the clips or the spurs need refs against okc

04-10-2014, 04:09 PM
I don't forget how Horry's foul changed the series vs Suns, Amar'e and Boris out of Game 5 changed everything, and we won the ring that year.

No more Big Shot Rob but could Ayres repeat one of the most dastardly yet brilliant moves in playoofs? Kill Russ!

Maybe I should be ashamed of myself for this ^^ but...I just hate Westbrook.
You're disgusting

tmtcsc
04-10-2014, 04:43 PM

:toast I think Tiago is just plain incapable of getting physical. It goes without saying that Horry and Blair did what it took to send a message. Manu will do it too when necessary. Everyone else needs to step up, including Tim.

tmtcsc
04-10-2014, 04:45 PM
Tbh last time we played we won the first and second q before Pop pulled the plug. And that's without Ginobili, with kawhi in foul trouble, and the refs blowing their load on us. Granted, OKC didnt have Sef, but I can see us beat OKC if we're healthy, and the officiating isn't too bad.

I will be downright pissed if the Spurs don't face OKC in the playoffs. I want to see that matchup more than the Finals. We owe them and payback is coming.

RD2191
04-10-2014, 04:59 PM
:toast I think Tiago is just plain incapable of getting physicala. It goes without saying that Horry and Blair did what it took to send a message. Manu will do it too when necessary. Everyone else needs to step up, including Tim.

I like the way you think.:toast

TD 21
04-10-2014, 05:17 PM

Exactly. This isn't about intimidating them and I wouldn't have a key player commit it, nor have it committed when the game is still up for grabs. But there's been plenty of garbage time between these two teams this season and even more blatant boasting from those arrogant pricks, yet in typical Spurs fashion, they've done nothing about it. There's no excuse for Ayres or Baynes not having laid one of those assholes out; just to let them know, you might beat us, but you're not showing us up in the process.

RD2191
04-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Exactly. This isn't about intimidating them and I wouldn't have a key player commit it, nor have it committed when the game is still up for grabs. But there's been plenty of garbage time between these two teams this season and even more blatant boasting from those arrogant pricks, yet in typical Spurs fashion, they've done nothing about it. There's no excuse for Ayres or Baynes not having laid one of those assholes out; just to let them know, you might beat us, but you're not showing us up in the process.
Did we just become best friends?

superjames1992
04-10-2014, 06:15 PM

Don't you think the tin foil hat is a little big on you, tbh?

therealtruth
04-10-2014, 11:50 PM
Refs usually reward the more physical, aggressive team. It's not unexpected that playing soft, timid basketball won't reward you with the calls.