PDA

View Full Version : Love the Spurs, but hate the Philosophy

jkid12456
04-10-2014, 02:04 AM
Love how the Spurs are small market, dont buy into the media hype, and it always amazes me how much their system works in reg season, getting the most wins in reg season every fucking year... that is a beyond me.

But in that recent Thunder game where we were down 10-15 points with 4 minutes in the half, when Pop calls timeout and bluntly says to the team, "I dont care if we lose this game, we HAVE to play the right way, and execute smarter"

Then from watching ESPN takes, Stephen A says that this is all from Larry Brown who brainwashed this onto Pop when he was assistant coach.

This philosophy does not work in the playoffs, goddamit. Playoffs is about aggressiveness, and whoever has the most willpower and athleticism sadly wins over execution.
Pop needs to understand he gotta change the philosophy and that we can win any god damn time, and the reason we not executing properly is cuz the other team is fkin more aggressive. Pop needs to reavaluate his reg season system and put a implement a new philosophy in playoffs.

Pop is putting negativeness in this team mentality and 0 swagger.

I respect POP, HE IS A BOSS, but

WHo THE FUCK SAYS "I DONT CARE IF WE LOSE THIS GAME OR NOT" smh. way to fuck with team's mentality. :bang:pop:

ElNono
04-10-2014, 02:09 AM
pity post

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-10-2014, 02:17 AM
pity post

jkid12456
04-10-2014, 02:19 AM
and I dont care if POP won 4 CHAMPS FOR THE SPURS 6 YEARS AGO. it doesnt mean it still workss

DAF86
04-10-2014, 02:38 AM
and I dont care if POP won 4 CHAMPS FOR THE SPURS 6 YEARS AGO. it doesnt mean it still workss

Do you care that he was a miracle away from winning it all for the Spurs a year ago?

hater
04-10-2014, 03:36 AM
Pops system is great vs 90% of opponents. Unfortunately the other 10% kicks Pops system's balls to outer space

ego
04-10-2014, 03:44 AM
Yes really pity post!

playbonner15
04-10-2014, 04:01 AM
LOL teams have figured out Pop's gimmick offense

DocDoc
04-10-2014, 05:51 AM
winning or losing is the result of the process.

if the process is right, then the chances of winning are improved.

And BS on the will power and athleticism - that without execution is a first round exit.

You think the Heat don't execute well?

purist
04-10-2014, 06:52 AM
Sonofabitch! I rarely come in here but every time Ido, it's just to find one ironic post after another. Keep thinking this is a forum for spurs fan and each time I Lear the se lesson. -- I'm wrong. It's not fans; it's narcissists out to prove to whoever will listen that they are smarter than everyone else. You people take something that is supposed to be fun and turn it into a shitstorm of bitching, knee jerking and pseudo philosophizing. STFU! Already. Sheez !

exstatic
04-10-2014, 07:05 AM
Sonofabitch! I rarely come in here but every time Ido, it's just to find one ironic post after another. Keep thinking this is a forum for spurs fan and each time I Lear the se lesson. -- I'm wrong. It's not fans; it's narcissists out to prove to whoever will listen that they are smarter than everyone else. You people take something that is supposed to be fun and turn it into a shitstorm of bitching, knee jerking and pseudo philosophizing. STFU! Already. Sheez !

Dex
04-10-2014, 09:05 AM
I think jkid meant to put a troll for his avatar, not a leprechaun.

But I'm probably giving him way too much credit.

RD2191
04-10-2014, 09:37 AM
Solid thread, imo.

Splits
04-10-2014, 11:05 AM
http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/didnt-read-lol-gif-5.gif

MVPCues
04-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Do you care that he was a miracle away from winning it all for the Spurs a year ago?

In 6, no less.

Spur|n|Austin
04-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Sounds like your still drunk posting from last night..

FromWayDowntown
04-10-2014, 11:37 AM
Playoffs is about aggressiveness, and whoever has the most willpower and athleticism sadly wins over execution.

True. The 2011 Miami Heat are polishing their rings right now for that very reason.

04-10-2014, 11:48 AM
This philosophy does not work in the playoffs, goddamit. Playoffs is about aggressiveness, and whoever has the most willpower and athleticism sadly wins over execution.

:lol"play harder"
Unless you have a player like LeBron and KD, then playing harder isn't going to win playoff games. Playing smart, and not turning the ball over is what wins playoff games.

:pop: just gotta make shots

Arcadian
04-10-2014, 12:02 PM
Walk me through the process of coming up with the username "jkid12456." I have a lot of questions.

First of all, I guess "jkid" is a reference to Jason Kidd? That's a little odd because you're supposedly a Spurs fan, but I can sort of understand because he was a great player admired by fans of the game. However, you misspelled his last name, so that's pretty weird.

Then the numbers. The fucking numbers. Why? I guess you assumed that this forum requires numbers in a username? That's not correct, but it's a somewhat reasonable assumption. In the future, you might want to try not using numbers at first, and then only add numbers if the forum requires it.

Let's analyze the numbers further. "12456." This is almost a regular number sequence - almost, except you skipped 3. What's wrong with 3? Do you have something against the number 3? Why stop at 6? Why use a number sequence at all instead of something meaningful? Maybe your birthday is 12-4-56. Maybe you just randomly mashed some number keys. Inquiring minds would like to know. Please reveal the secrets behind jkid12456.

wildbill2u
04-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Here's what I worry about. Over the years some teams have decided that our offense can be disrupted by hard defenses that take us out of our offensive system.

We can't play soft and win. It's true that the league has changed and less rough play is allowed, but if a ranking team is willing to test the refs, they can get away with a lot.

Solid D
04-10-2014, 12:36 PM
jkid, You totally lost me when you said that will power and athleticism wins out over execution.
?????

Whenever an athletically talented, strong-minded team loses...one of the first things that 'come out they mouth' is that they "just need to execute better."

DJR210
04-10-2014, 01:08 PM
I think jkid meant to put a troll for his avatar, not a leprechaun.

But I'm probably giving him way too much credit.

That's a solid theory tbqh.

tlongII
04-10-2014, 01:13 PM
I agree with the OP.

Chinook
04-10-2014, 01:25 PM
I'm surprised the OP feels that way, since he loves Mills. Patty is the strongest example of a RS scheme player on the team.

superjames1992
04-10-2014, 05:26 PM
OP is horrible, but I was pleasantly surprised that there wasn't a Mills reference, tbh. Well done. :tu