PDA

View Full Version : Vice on HBO - recommendation

cantthinkofanything
04-10-2014, 02:15 PM
Anyone watching this series? It's pretty good for a 30 minute news/documentary show.

The Gemini Method
04-10-2014, 02:20 PM
I viewed the one regarding the Kurdish fighting al Qaeda on the Syrian border and the illicit rhino horn trade in Africa/Vietnam. It is an interesting show as it delves into certain topics and gives you another show to consider. I'll watch it again in the future no doubt...after Games of Thrones and the 2nd season of True Detective.

cantthinkofanything
04-10-2014, 02:23 PM
I viewed the one regarding the Kurdish fighting al Qaeda on the Syrian border and the illicit rhino horn trade in Africa/Vietnam. It is an interesting show as it delves into certain topics and gives you another show to consider. I'll watch it again in the future no doubt...after Games of Thrones and the 2nd season of True Detective.

Looking forward to True Detective to see if they can come close to the first.
So behind on GOT.

The Gemini Method
04-10-2014, 02:25 PM
So behind on GOT.

It's going to be hard to replicate the success they had with Matthew McConaughey's Cohle roll...and Harrelson's complimentary role and shine towards the end of the first season. I hope they keep it going and not slide into the malaise other anthology shows like American Horror Story did...

InRareForm
04-10-2014, 03:32 PM
It's good. Most of it brings you stuff other networks wouldn't even dare to touch.

The Gemini Method
04-10-2014, 03:39 PM
It's good. Most of it brings you stuff other networks wouldn't even dare to touch.

You ain't lying. This show is what news should be without the political wrangling and censoring bullshit that rottens our media nowadays.

Sybok
04-10-2014, 04:10 PM
So behind on GOT.

Without big names, they won't come close. These guys are highly paid for a reason.

The Gemini Method
04-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Without big names, they won't come close. These guys are highly paid for a reason.

With the rumors swirling around Brad Pitt and some others, that wouldn't be an issue. Though, it does matter if they pull their weight and get into the characters like McConaughey did.

cantthinkofanything
04-10-2014, 04:17 PM

We'll see. Take the first 8 episodes of Breaking Bad with relative unknowns. Or Sopranos. Or Game of Thrones.

Sybok
04-10-2014, 04:19 PM
With the rumors swirling around Brad Pitt and some others, that wouldn't be an issue. Though, it does matter if they pull their weight and get into the characters like McConaughey did.

I don't know, I cannot imagine Pitt wanting to follow that. He doesn't need to. I read it was going to be two women. Whoopi Goldberg and Bette Middler.

cantthinkofanything
04-10-2014, 04:20 PM
I don't know, I cannot imagine Pitt wanting to follow that. He doesn't need to. I read it was going to be two women. Whoopi Goldberg and Bette Middler.

that'd be fucking hot.

Sybok
04-10-2014, 04:20 PM
We'll see. Take the first 8 episodes of Breaking Bad with relative unknowns. Or Sopranos. Or Game of Thrones.

Game of Thrones is about 60% filler bullshit that I could do without. There's too much idle chit chat, not enough dragons roasting bitches.

cantthinkofanything
04-10-2014, 04:23 PM
Game of Thrones is about 60% filler bullshit that I could do without. There's too much idle chit chat, not enough dragons roasting bitches.

I don't know. I've only watched a few episodes.

The Gemini Method
04-10-2014, 04:24 PM

Well, he could be like why follow that? However, you saw the charge it gave McConaughey's career. Imagine what it may do for Pitt. Give him a new charge. I also heard that it was going to be Zoe Saldana and Anne Hathaway...

cantthinkofanything
04-10-2014, 04:32 PM
I heard it was gonna be Ben Affleck and Matt Damon.

The Gemini Method
04-10-2014, 04:34 PM
I heard it was gonna be Ben Affleck and Matt Damon.

Naw dog it's going to be Ian Mckellen and Patrick Stewart...

cantthinkofanything
04-10-2014, 04:36 PM

And Ian McKellen can resist humping the dead male bodies.

The Gemini Method
04-10-2014, 04:37 PM
And Ian McKellen can resist humping the dead male bodies.

That's when the shit gets interesting and disturbing in the same sentence.

cantthinkofanything
04-10-2014, 04:41 PM
That's when the shit gets interesting and disturbing in the same sentence.

The odd thing is that he shoves a diaphragm up their butts AFTER ejaculation.

The Gemini Method
04-10-2014, 04:43 PM
The odd thing is that he shoves a diaphragm up their butts AFTER ejaculation.

That nigga is straight up sadistic...on the realz.

cantthinkofanything
04-10-2014, 04:54 PM
That nigga is straight up sadistic...on the realz.

SPOILER ALERT

There's a huge plot twist. The PD lets it slip that McKellen has been having sex with the dead male corpses. So the real killer breaks into the morgue and fucks the corpses because he's twisted and wants to be the last sexual encounter for each corpse.
He thinks that it'd be impossible to prove because now his semen is mixed with McKellen's. But McKellen foils the killer by pulling out the diaphragm which has effectively contained the killers semen.

The Gemini Method
04-10-2014, 05:10 PM
SPOILER ALERT

There's a huge plot twist. The PD lets it slip that McKellen has been having sex with the dead male corpses. So the real killer breaks into the morgue and fucks the corpses because he's twisted and wants to be the last sexual encounter for each corpse.
He thinks that it'd be impossible to prove because now his semen is mixed with McKellen's. But McKellen foils the killer by pulling out the diaphragm which has effectively contained the killers semen.

MIND = BLOWN

Sybok
04-10-2014, 06:36 PM
SPOILER ALERT

You've thought about that too much.

Sybok
04-10-2014, 06:37 PM

Orlando Bloom and Tobey MaGuire.

The Gemini Method
04-10-2014, 06:37 PM
I think he has...a little too much...like who duz det?

DeadlyDynasty
04-10-2014, 06:44 PM
I really hope it's not 2 female detectives--famous actresses or not. The black humor of the characters from Season 1 would be gone since women generally aren't funny (yes, I'm 100% chauvinist when it comes to women and comedy)...the writing/directing would have to be even more impeccable than the first season to pull a stunt like that.

The Gemini Method
04-10-2014, 06:49 PM
I really hope it's not 2 female detectives--famous actresses or not. The black humor of the characters from Season 1 would be gone since women generally aren't funny (yes, I'm 100% chauvinist when it comes to women and comedy)...the writing/directing would have to be even more impeccable than the first season to pull a stunt like that.

I'll have to agree with you on this; Harrelson and McConaughey's black humor were what made it click. That's why the next pairing is ultra important and should keep the theme of this anthology going. They messed it up in the 2nd season of American Horror story by making a female the focal point of Asylum.

Technique
04-10-2014, 07:18 PM
I thought the drug lords throwing parties in the streets of brazil was pretty cool

Trill Clinton
04-11-2014, 04:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyEVu8NSWcs

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-13-2014, 07:21 AM
This week's episode about Cornerstone jeebotards worshiping Israel was pretty funny tbh.

DMX7
04-13-2014, 09:11 PM
I thought the drug lords throwing parties in the streets of brazil was pretty cool

It was.