PDA

View Full Version : A who would you rather have Poll regarding Leonard.

Gagnrath
04-12-2014, 11:21 AM
Simply I think some people have rose coloured glasses regarding their guy.

I'd also like to see the reasons why people vote as they do.

These are also two guys that don't fill up the points per game stat sheet but post very nice advanced metrics sheets.

I'm also looking at this from a who do you build around stand-point.

Joakim Noah
STATS

GP
MPG
FGM-FGA
FG%
3PM-3PA
3P%
FTM-FTA
FT%
RPG
APG
BLKPG
STLPG
PFPG
TOPG
PPG

2013-14 Regular Season
4.7-9.9
0.0-0.0
3.0-4.1

Career
3.7-7.5
0.0-0.0
2.4-3.3

Complete Stats » (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3224/joakim-noah)

Kawhi Leonard
STATS

GP
MPG
FGM-FGA
FG%
3PM-3PA
3P%
FTM-FTA
FT%
RPG
APG
BLKPG
STLPG
PFPG
TOPG
PPG

2013-14 Regular Season
5.1-9.8
1.0-2.7
1.6-1.9

Career
4.2-8.4
0.9-2.5
1.5-1.8

Complete Stats » (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/6450/kawhi-leonard)

Now it could be argued that Noah is a mature player and Leonard isn't yet I think it is a fairly apt question.

dallasmaverickslose
04-12-2014, 11:34 AM
This is why I don't post up here as much anymore.

moisaenz
04-12-2014, 11:38 AM
gay thread!

Prime Time
04-12-2014, 11:38 AM
This is why I don't post up here as much anymore.
:rolleyes Yeah, lets just bump the shit out of ancient threads instead.

dallasmaverickslose
04-12-2014, 11:40 AM
:rolleyes Yeah, lets just bump the shit out of ancient threads instead.

Much more interesting than the crap that gets posted nowadays, tbh.

dallasmaverickslose
04-12-2014, 11:41 AM
And insightful, if I may add.

Gagnrath
04-12-2014, 11:45 AM
I find it interesting that a thread that at least offers basketball discussion and stats becomes a forum for the two of you to comment on quality of posting and snipe at each other while not adding any basketball talk at all.

My personal feeling is I'd rather have Noah, both because he is a center, and currently the focus of a team, but everyone on the forum here seems to be anointing Kawhi the best thing since sliced bread lately so wanted to see how that played out.

Prime Time
04-12-2014, 11:45 AM
And insightful, if I may add.
Damn right it's insightful. I hope the Spurs acquire Gilbert Arenas in the off-season of 2002... Do you think we can keep Jack after he expires? :( Whatever, I just wanna beat the fucking Lakers :bang. Especially now that DRob is getting so close to retirement... GSG!:ihit

dallasmaverickslose
04-12-2014, 11:48 AM
Damn right it's insightful. I hope the Spurs acquire Gilbert Arenas in the off-season of 2002... Do you think we can keep Jack after he expires? :( Whatever, I just wanna beat the fucking Lakers :bang. Especially now that DRob is getting so close to retirement... GSG!:ihit

Did you hear that Kobe is being investigated for rape?

Prime Time
04-12-2014, 11:51 AM
I find it interesting that a thread that at least offers basketball discussion and stats becomes a forum for the two of you to comment on quality of posting and snipe at each other while not adding any basketball talk at all.

My personal feeling is I'd rather have Noah, both because he is a center, and currently the focus of a team, but everyone on the forum here seems to be anointing Kawhi the best thing since sliced bread lately so wanted to see how that played out.
As for the thread, I'd take Kawhi over Noah. Noah is the better player, no doubt about that. But he's basically a Duncan/Diaw hybrid with more athleticism, and Spurs already have the former.

Take away Leonard and the Spurs don't have anyone to guard LeBron, Durant, George, Thompson, Harden, etc. I'd rather have Duncan/Splitter guarding the paint with Leonard on the perimeter over Duncan/Noah clogging the paint paired up with Green guarding the best perimeter player. I love Green's defense, but the dude struggles to guard anyone taller than him.

And for what it's worth.. Leonard is 7 years younger.

KL2
04-12-2014, 11:58 AM
Leonard.

-Versatile defender, can guard positions 1-4 and is a consistent rebounder even against bigs.

-Offensively, stretches the floor with his jump shooting/3pt shooting ability, great post game, and take the ball to the basket, starting to become a playmaker which he was in college. He's becoming an all around offensive player.

-Probably the best KD/LBJ defender in the NBA, only SF on the roster as well. Two teams we MUST beat for the 'ship.

-Leonard always shows up to play the best, the biggest games bring out the best in him, he makes love to pressure. Very very few players are capable of that. You know he's going to play his ass off against OKC/MIA etc. in any setting, whether it's the regular season or playoffs.

But the main reason I'd pick Leonard over Noah is that Leonard has proven his ability in the Finals, he nearly lead his team to a victory last year if it wasn't for Manu going full retard.

wildbill2u
04-12-2014, 12:00 PM
I voted for neither because of the difference in their positions and game. But the one thing about Noah that you can't quantify is his intensity, personality and leadership and the effect it has on his teammates. Leonard is probably never going to be a rah rah guy that will push his teammates to play harder and better when they lose focus.

Imagine how Noah would fit into this team, if he was starting with Tim, Leonard, Tony, and whoever. That would be awesome

weeks
04-12-2014, 12:35 PM
i don't know how well noah's personality would mesh with the team and pop. then again, i don't know much about him.
he also doesn't seem to get along very well with the other frenchmen in the league

spurraider21
04-12-2014, 02:48 PM
You build around the guy that is seven years younger and still has upside. Thoufh of we had Noah for the past 7 years we'd have a couple more rings

Raven
04-12-2014, 03:16 PM
noah is one of my favourite players but i wouldn't trade leonard for anything short of a top 5 under 28 player.

sook
04-12-2014, 03:27 PM
h:lolmers

Horse
04-12-2014, 03:38 PM
After what we've seen the last month this is easy and it's Leonard. noah is undersized not very good offensive player. Kahwi just improves and improves. He works on his post game and there will be nothing he can't do. And now he's even got the intangibles look at the finals last yr or just last night that offensive rebound late in the 4th and the 3 to seal it. He's young, he's clutch, he's the future!

Mnky
04-12-2014, 04:19 PM
Hindsight would have me go with Leonard. Leonard seems to improve at an impressive rate. I think people forget how raw of a talent he was when drafted. The more opportunities Leonard has been given, the better he has responded and the more his confidence has increased.

Leonard's opportunities have been very slim for his tenure to be honest. The few things he is given free reign to grow and learn from, he has excelled with. Ex. being his 3pt shooting and defensive assignment. Lately when given opportunities to run the offense, he has done pretty good.

You have to keep in mind, this spurs system is not designed for a star to emerge but to star the team. Leonard hasn't shown any sign of hitting a wall growth wise. Seems like the better investment.

mercos
04-12-2014, 04:20 PM
I love Noah's game, but the Spurs would have a 0% chance of beating OKC or Miami without Leonard. His value is exponentially increased by the defensive job he does on KD and Lebron.

HarlemHeat37
04-12-2014, 04:29 PM
It'll be interesting to see how Noah plays in the playoffs against teams that will thoroughly strategize against the Bulls offense, tbh..

His passing in the high-post is responsible for a significant portion of the Bulls' offense, but that's his only creation skill..he still can't create his own shot, has a limited post game and is mediocre jump shooter, tbh..

I'd like to see if his success as a creator will translate in this year's playoffs..otherwise, Noah's impact as an offensive creator is severely limited, obviously..

SanDiegoSpursFan
04-12-2014, 05:24 PM
Noah is a better player imo, but I wouldn't trade Kawhi for Noah. Spurs need a good SF more than they need a good center, Splitter is good enough and the Spurs' problem isn't defending in the half-court.