PDA

View Full Version : Heat: The Fall of the Heat

Calispursfan11
04-13-2014, 02:19 AM
It is clear that Lebron is doing all that he can, and still coming up short. He is pushing 30 and will never be able to do any more than he already does. This is the last season the Heat can contend for a championship and it is far from a foregone conclusion that they will even get there. But if they do, their West foe will for the first time be favored, dare I say heavily. With Wade undeniably on the decline and also in his last all-star caliber year, and with Bosh's perpetual softness, there is no way to go but down for this team. Goodbye Heat. Sweet dreams.

testies
04-13-2014, 02:23 AM
if they played in west they'd only have 1 ring and im being generous

Calispursfan11
04-13-2014, 02:23 AM
That's what I'm saying, agreed.

Thebesteva
04-13-2014, 02:31 AM
if they played in west they'd only have 1 ring and im being generous

Honestly, as a Laker fan I acknowledge the finals were usually the Lakers v a subpar East team and the true championship was against those Spurs and Kings teams (also the Blazers in 2000). However, these Heat have only beaten 1 true opponent thus far in the Thunder. No offense to the Spurs, they are a great team but they had no business in the finals that year.

testies
04-13-2014, 02:33 AM
Honestly, as a Laker fan I acknowledge the finals were usually the Lakers v a subpar East team and the true championship was against those Spurs and Kings teams (also the Blazers in 2000). However, these Heat have only beaten 1 true opponent thus far in the Thunder. No offense to the Spurs, they are a great team but they had no business in the finals that year.

lol, wind up merchant or retard?

thunderup
04-13-2014, 02:41 AM
:lol The Champs will be fine.

sook
04-13-2014, 02:47 AM
"Never underestimate the heart of a champion--"

Calispursfan11
04-13-2014, 02:50 AM

I disagree. I think you are way off.

Calispursfan11
04-13-2014, 02:51 AM

Heat are really on their way to TOSB status but without the young guns the Spurs have lol. Just lol Heat.

lefty
04-13-2014, 03:03 AM

Thread
04-13-2014, 03:42 AM

Lefty knows. You guys are still lower than skunk shit because of the events of June past. The Heat are where they're at because you guys couldn't cut the mustard, nor could you lick that fucking jar.

ElNono
04-13-2014, 04:12 AM
Defending champ always gets the benefit of the doubt

thunderup
04-13-2014, 04:21 AM
I disagree. I think you are way off.
That's cute. Come to me when you give me a reason to doubt the Kang and co. Until they are beat, they are Champs and should be given the respect they deserve.

scanry
04-13-2014, 04:24 AM
They will be alright, but i think if OKC comes out of the West, they'll be champs.

TDMVPDPOY
04-13-2014, 04:26 AM
Lefty knows. You guys are still lower than skunk shit because of the events of June past. The Heat are where they're at because you guys couldn't cut the mustard, nor could you lick that fucking jar.

and where was ur team kent?

Rogue
04-13-2014, 06:31 AM
The 14' summer will reshuffle the cards for all potential contenders imho.

Mel_13
04-13-2014, 08:33 AM
Writing off the Heat is just stupid. They're on track to go to their 4th straight Finals, something that hasn't been done in almost three decades, and there's no team in the East that appears ready to challenge them to getting to a 5th next year.

BillMc
04-13-2014, 08:40 AM
Chicago and Brooklyn will likely be on opposite sides of the bracket of each other. Which means the Heat could have to face one, and then the other in the Conference semi-finals and finals no matter if Miami is the 1 or 2 seed. (If they are 1, they could face Brooklyn in the second round, Chicago in the third. If they are 2, the order reverses itself Chicago in the second round, Nyets in the third). Plus Toronto and Indiana are lurking. It's nothing compared to what we'll have to face in the West, but there are some teams that could make the Heat work. LeBron looks tired, and the supporting cast isn't playing as well as last year. I don't think the Heat are about to fall, but i don't think its a cakewalk either.

The top 3 western teams and the Heat are all capable of winning it.

smaka
04-13-2014, 08:42 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/50centdriving.gif

Brazil
04-13-2014, 08:48 AM
No offense to the Spurs, they are a great team but they had no business in the finals that year.

What a shitty take

Seventyniner
04-13-2014, 09:03 AM
It's easy to say that the Heat are coasting, but they are quite a bit worse this year than last year in the regular season. The Pacers' recent struggles don't seem to mean much; they still get up for games against the Heat and are capable of playing them very close. The Heat should have had the 1 seed locked up a week ago and have no business losing by double digits to the Hawks.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-13-2014, 10:15 AM
No offense to the Spurs, they are a great team but they had no business in the finals that year.

:lmao this has to be the shittiest take on Spurstalk. All bullshit aside... WOW!

Calispursfan11
04-13-2014, 10:22 AM

Riddle me this, my little old friend. If the Spurs are lower than skunk shit, what does that make this current Laker squad?

Thread
04-13-2014, 10:34 AM
Riddle me this, my little old friend. If the Spurs are lower than skunk shit, what does that make this current Laker squad?

Something above skunk shit that's for certain. 6 stained you, 11. You've been branded. You have to live with that stain, that brand, forever. God forbid, you ring two months hence you'd find the stain more a "friend" than what it is now to you. A bounce back ring would reduce the scar, enrich it's place in your life. The flip side? Dale won't need to prompt a reminder of that stain two month hence. But, Dale will.

Calispursfan11
04-13-2014, 10:48 AM
That's cute. Come to me when you give me a reason to doubt the Kang and co. Until they are beat, they are Champs and should be given the respect they deserve.

Here are some reasons: Spurs improved bench and quality young players to compliment the big 3, KD career year and frogger's return, Bulls, Nets and most of the West playoff teams should the Heat reach the finals. They have not been very good against the West playoff teams this year and although they have a decent record against West seeds 1-8 overall, the Heat have been blown out a few times in there and barely won in a number of their wins. Add this to the fact that the Heat are definitely not coasting (in other words, they are trying to win games to pass/stay ahead of the Pacers but they are still nowhere near as good as last year) and there is cause for major concern in Miami. So no, I don't respect the heat and neither should any team who is trying to beat them.

Calispursfan11
04-13-2014, 10:49 AM
Something above skunk shit that's for certain. 6 stained you, 11. You've been branded. You have to live with that stain, that brand, forever. God forbid, you ring two months hence you'd find the stain more a "friend" than what it is now to you. A bounce back ring would reduce the scar, enrich it's place in your life. The flip side? Dale won't need to prompt a reminder of that stain two month hence. But, Dale will.

Lol, Dale. Lol.

Venti Quattro
04-13-2014, 11:06 AM
This thread will be bumped more than crash test dummies when the Heat three-peat in June.

Clipper Nation
04-13-2014, 11:13 AM
:lol The Korean-Armenian is trying so hard to downplay LeBron that he's coming up with shit takes like this....

Calispursfan11
04-13-2014, 11:17 AM
This thread will be bumped more than crash test dummies when the Heat three-peat in June.

That's bitterness talking, grande. Look at it objectively. The Mavs won and went to shit the following year. The dropoff is not quite as extreme with this Heat team and their roster is pretty similar to last year but that's part of the problem. Ray Ray is on his last legs and the league has adjusted to everyone else. There are perimeter defenders who can at least make Lebron do work and throw him off his game. D Wade looked good in his return but he's going to have to be as stellar as he was toward the end of the playoffs last year which I don't think he can do again. Also, losing to the Hawks, whose best player is Jeff Teague, when in a race with Indiana for top seed is just unacceptable for a team that purports to be this good.

Sybok
04-13-2014, 11:20 AM
Eh.... no. Even you don't believe that. All it took to derail the Lakers was a Pau Gasol's thoughts of his gf getting her cotton picked by that blue gum Shannon Brown. The Lakers were subsequently fortified, folded and your hero exposed for the money grabbing facade that he is. Now the entire fan base is going around talking "tank", no better than the Sixers or Bucks.

Meanwhile the Spurs collect the best record in the league again after acquiring...... Marco... Not Dwight Howard and Steve Nash, but Marco. Spurs released the guy you drooled over (Neal) and that mental midget Blair and yet they have the best record in all of basketball. They should have been decimated. They weren't. You, on the other hand, you missed your chance on it. You quit prior to the playoffs and only returned to get in line for the door buster, but you didn't have a coupon.

Venti Quattro
04-13-2014, 11:21 AM
All the Heat need to do is to not suck dick in the Playoffs and they will be in the Finals for a fourth straight year. Indiana's crumbling and the Heat will win against them whether they have homecourt or not. Miami has the world's best basketball player and his I think that his supporting cast will show up in the playoffs in many ways.

Why are we acting like Miami losing to lower-tiered teams matters? This was a sickness that the Lakers had during their championship runs.

Michael Jordan.
04-13-2014, 11:25 AM
All the Heat need to do is to not suck dick in the Playoffs and they will be in the Finals for a fourth straight year. Indiana's crumbling and the Heat will win against them whether they have homecourt or not. Miami has the world's best basketball player and his I think that his supporting cast will show up in the playoffs in many ways.

Why are we acting like Miami losing to lower-tiered teams matters? This was a sickness that the Lakers had during their championship runs.

Probably because Wade will be done soon.

Venti Quattro
04-13-2014, 11:32 AM

Wade could possibly be done by next year but Bosh and LeBron and Bosh are just 30 this year. They will have enough this year but next year is definitely a question mark.

But wow.... LeBron is turning 30. Not so long ago he was just the 18-year old prodigy from Akron

Kawhi
04-13-2014, 11:35 AM
He's already done

JoeTait75
04-13-2014, 11:38 AM

Wade can't do it night-in and night-out anymore but as good as LeBron is all they need are a couple of well-timed big games out of him in the playoffs and he's still capable of that.

Venti Quattro
04-13-2014, 11:40 AM
He's already done
Not prime material anymore but Wade is still capable of delivering masterpieces when the Heat need it.

Raven
04-13-2014, 11:42 AM
it's the Oden curse.

Mori Chu
04-13-2014, 11:54 AM
They'll be fine; they have Michael Beasley.

Arcadian
04-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Their best year was 2012. Why? Because they were motivated as hell after what happened in 2011. Last year they needed a miracle to repeat, and this year they have clearly gotten worse. They're way too Lebron-centric. As great as he is, he can't win a championship by himself. This time, the Spurs have the motivational edge and the better team.

HarlemHeat37
04-13-2014, 12:17 PM
Spurs beat Miami in 5 IMO..

Miami beats OKC in 6 IMO..

D-Wade
04-13-2014, 12:20 PM
They're way too Lebron-centric. As great as he is, he can't win a championship by himself.

Agreed. But a lot of that is that most of the role players have regressed and Wade is missing more games than ever. Some of it is that Bosh has been relegated to a 3 point shooter. He's been softer than charmin, but they could do a better job getting him post up situations or at least shooting that 15-18 footer. Dude's pretty much automatic from there but for some reason they think him chucking 4 3s a night is more efficient. There was a recent game where Rashard Lewis (no clue why he's playing so much) got 3-4 post ups within a 5 minute stretch and Bosh got 2 3s. Just idiotic.

ElNono
04-13-2014, 12:54 PM
Eh.... no. Even you don't believe that. All it took to derail the Lakers was a Pau Gasol's thoughts of his gf getting her cotton picked by that blue gum Shannon Brown. The Lakers were subsequently fortified, folded and your hero exposed for the money grabbing facade that he is. Now the entire fan base is going around talking "tank", no better than the Sixers or Bucks.

Meanwhile the Spurs collect the best record in the league again after acquiring...... Marco... Not Dwight Howard and Steve Nash, but Marco. Spurs released the guy you drooled over (Neal) and that mental midget Blair and yet they have the best record in all of basketball. They should have been decimated. They weren't. You, on the other hand, you missed your chance on it. You quit prior to the playoffs and only returned to get in line for the door buster, but you didn't have a coupon.

Sybok

Killakobe81
04-13-2014, 02:51 PM
Wade can't do it night-in and night-out anymore but as good as LeBron is all they need are a couple of well-timed big games out of him in the playoffs and he's still capable of that.

This ...
Only Spurs and MAYBE OKC/LAC can threaten Heat ...

Clipper Nation
04-13-2014, 02:52 PM
This ...
Only Spurs and MAYBE OKC/LAC can threaten Heat ...

:lol Not OKC, Durbeta is petrified of the Heat....

Killakobe81
04-13-2014, 02:52 PM
Spurs beat Miami in 5 IMO..

Miami beats OKC in 6 IMO..

Come on Spurs could very well beat Miami but not in 5 ...
Are you trying to get your "spurs" back?

Venti Quattro
04-13-2014, 02:58 PM
As long as nobody gets worked up and sad that some teammate is fucking their bitch then Miami will be alright

Katherine Robinson
04-13-2014, 02:58 PM
Spurs fans seem to believe they are on lock for the title but too chickenshit to admit it. Call it or go back in line with Dale and TlongII.

sook
04-13-2014, 03:00 PM
As long as nobody gets worked up and sad that some teammate is fucking their bitch then Miami will be alright

:lol

Killakobe81
04-13-2014, 03:00 PM
Spurs fans seem to believe they are on lock for the title but too chickenshit to admit it. Call it or go back in line with Dale and TlongII.

Agreed. There are a few that are feeling confident but "6" looms ...

The reverse jinxes. Lebron "love" are masks for confidence they whisper privately.

Thebesteva
04-13-2014, 03:20 PM
:lol The Korean-Armenian is trying so hard to downplay LeBron that he's coming up with shit takes like this....

How's that? The Spurs biggest threat that year and this year is OKC and with Russell Westbrooks knee imploding they didnt have to face them. The Spurs wont and cant pass by the Thunder, hence the reality that Spurs had no business in the finals.

Clipper Nation
04-13-2014, 03:24 PM
How's that? The Spurs biggest threat that year and this year is OKC and with Russell Westbrooks knee imploding they didnt have to face them. The Spurs wont and cant pass by the Thunder, hence the reality that Spurs had no business in the finals.

The Spurs at least took the Heat to 7 in the Finals, which is better than how your "legit" T-Refs did the year before :lol

And the T-Refs really had no business in the Finals that year since the Spurs got fucked over in epic fashion in the WCF :lol

Raven
04-13-2014, 03:34 PM

i call it. it's a 70% title for me, would be 100% if we cut belinelli tbh

SupremeGuy
04-13-2014, 03:50 PM
LMAO @ people taking the bait... goddamn Spursfan you guys get trolled too easily

RsxPiimp
04-13-2014, 04:06 PM

The champs have been in the Finals 3 straight years, I never doubted their heart but wear and tear is taking it's toll. Lebron, as great as he is will need more than his usual bravado to give Miami it's 3 straight titles.

Thebesteva
04-13-2014, 04:07 PM
The Spurs at least took the Heat to 7 in the Finals, which is better than how your "legit" T-Refs did the year before :lol

And the T-Refs really had no business in the Finals that year since the Spurs got fucked over in epic fashion in the WCF :lol

I guess this years WC playoffs will answer the question. I like the Spurs franchise, but it took Kobe's knee imploding to make that 1st round an easy joke, then OKC losing in the first round for them to sneak into the finals.

I'm keepsing it real. Also, LOL @ stealing my Korean schtick and calling me Korean-Armenian. Your insults, much like your take on sports are soft like your kimchi loving ass

Clipper Nation
04-13-2014, 04:09 PM
I guess this years WC playoffs will answer the question. I like the Spurs franchise, but it took Kobe's knee imploding to make that 1st round an easy joke, then OKC losing in the first round for them to sneak into the finals.

:lol Pretending you wouldn't have been swept anyway with Kirby

Thebesteva
04-13-2014, 04:14 PM

Here, I prank called your family yesterday :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmTiqKPnhiQ

Killakobe81
04-13-2014, 04:17 PM

Stop it, CN.
THAT OKC team had Durant, Russ and Harden ...they won that shit fair.

Some Spur fans are scare of the Rockets just led by Harden ...Scared of OKC without Harden this year ...

Splits
04-13-2014, 04:50 PM

It ends the same with or without an achilles popping. Lakers had as much of a chance as this chick.

http://i.imgur.com/AdDXMxm.gif

lefty
07-21-2014, 10:55 AM
It is clear that Lebron is doing all that he can, and still coming up short. He is pushing 30 and will never be able to do any more than he already does. This is the last season the Heat can contend for a championship and it is far from a foregone conclusion that they will even get there. But if they do, their West foe will for the first time be favored, dare I say heavily. With Wade undeniably on the decline and also in his last all-star caliber year, and with Bosh's perpetual softness, there is no way to go but down for this team. Goodbye Heat. Sweet dreams.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9QjARWd5a84/T3OXHJJbe1I/AAAAAAAAA34/OVtLNvwpMvI/s190/nod-of-approval.gif

They will be alright, but i think if OKC comes out of the West, they'll be champs.

Writing off the Heat is just stupid. They're on track to go to their 4th straight Finals, something that hasn't been done in almost three decades, and there's no team in the East that appears ready to challenge them to getting to a 5th next year.

it's the Oden curse.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2zdq7tv.gif

They'll be fine; they have Michael Beasley.

Bill_Brasky
07-21-2014, 12:14 PM

yeah-- his name is Tim fucking Duncan

Thread
07-21-2014, 12:20 PM
yeah-- his name is Tim fucking Duncan

The homosexual.

Bill_Brasky
07-21-2014, 12:23 PM
The homosexual.

that's 5 talking

Raven
07-21-2014, 12:26 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9QjARWd5a84/T3OXHJJbe1I/AAAAAAAAA34/OVtLNvwpMvI/s190/nod-of-approval.gif

dat oden curse doing work tbh

lebomb
07-21-2014, 12:31 PM
The homosexual.

http://www.hypun.com/lollibs/meme_thumb_l/33758208.jpg

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-21-2014, 12:35 PM

:lmao

spurraider21
07-21-2014, 12:46 PM
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/b5/ec/e9/b5ece91df31ed1aa4ab2eabc2b1ec332.jpg

Clipper Nation
07-21-2014, 01:10 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OOZEH8YmBL8/Rk53XhWPLVI/AAAAAAAAAPY/PIVVC753FJ0/s320/tim+duncan+gay.jpg
The Tape

spurraider21
07-21-2014, 01:53 PM
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/b5/ec/e9/b5ece91df31ed1aa4ab2eabc2b1ec332.jpg

Splits
07-21-2014, 02:18 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OOZEH8YmBL8/Rk53XhWPLVI/AAAAAAAAAPY/PIVVC753FJ0/s320/tim+duncan+gay.jpg

Lakers FO hired Christie Brinkley's husband?

moisaenz
07-21-2014, 02:31 PM
My thread impression:

Kobe "god" =5
TOSB=5

Daniel Sedin
07-21-2014, 03:35 PM
I can't believe we took them in five.

DMC
07-21-2014, 07:04 PM
Tim's 2 kids got more post season media time than the entire Lakers organization.

Calispursfan11
07-21-2014, 10:52 PM
:tu:tu:tu:tu:tu:tu

Calispursfan11
07-21-2014, 10:56 PM

Splits
07-22-2014, 12:05 AM
http://i.minus.com/ibdNA0ZilnbKBF.gif

Splits
07-22-2014, 12:19 AM
http://i.minus.com/ibdNA0ZilnbKBF.gif

Splits
07-22-2014, 12:49 AM
http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz212/akelch/boshcry.gif

ezau
07-22-2014, 02:06 AM
http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz212/akelch/boshcry.gif