PDA

View Full Version : Team USA - Noel Felix and Spurs potential Alex Scales

picnroll
08-07-2005, 10:32 AM
Draft Express article about Team USA with mentioned of Kori's friend Noel Felix
link to Draft Express (http://draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1067)

Also a standout player at the camp that reports are Spurs have an interest in Alex Scales .

timvp
08-07-2005, 02:02 PM
When asked where he will be playing next year, Scales emphatically said with a big smile on his face: “the NBA.” He seems like a very personable guy who has been around the block a few times and doesn’t take anything for granted. Scales mentioned that he has been approached by a few teams regarding next year already, including the Spurs, Cavs and Sonics amongst others. Coincidentally, the Assistant GM of the Spurs, Sam Presti, just happened to be here for both days so far to check out the action. Wherever he plays next season, Scales is going to make some team very happy that they decided to sign him. He’s a basketball player in the truest sense.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1067

I've seen Scales play and he seems like a pretty good prospect. He's tried hard to get in the league and this is the year that he'll finally break in. He's a combo guard who can buy you minutes at both guard positions.

He could be good as a third point guard who can score when needed.

EDIT:

Sorry, didn't see your thread. I merged mine into yours.

:hat

Kori Ellis
08-07-2005, 02:06 PM
Noel and Alex are good friends. They played together overseas. Alex is a good guy and I think he finally has a shot on an NBA team this season. He's (almost) 27 years old and has made it to NBA training camp for the last four years but never made the final cut.

Kori Ellis
08-07-2005, 02:08 PM
By the way, this seems like a fun trip for them. They are training in Miami right now - then go to Brazil for some exhibition games for 10 days or so, then back to Miami before heading to the Dominican Republic for the Qualifiers.

picnroll
08-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Is Scales good enough a defender to guard guys like Billups? They list him as 6'4", 200 lb so he looks to have the size.

timvp
08-07-2005, 02:21 PM
The Spurs should look at Noel Felix. He's a Stromile Swift type athlete who is extending his range to the three-point line. He can play power forward and is also quick enough to guard small forwards. He'd solve the long small forward problem and could be the fifth big man.

Plus it would be nice to have Kori's friend and FSP's own on the team.

:smokin

timvp
08-07-2005, 02:24 PM
Is Scales good enough a defender to guard guys like Billups? They list him as 6'4", 200 lb so he looks to have the size.

He's probably closer to 6'2 and a half, but he's quick and has some bulk to him. He's like a poor man's version of Gilbert Arenas.

His defense, in the Spurs system at least, would be pretty solid.

Kori Ellis
08-07-2005, 02:24 PM

I think Alex is a decent defender, but I'm not sure how accurate the 200 lb weight is. He's listed some other places at 185. I'll ask Noel tonight.

T Park
08-07-2005, 07:14 PM
If Presti is checking him out, you know the guy is close.

If presti says no, then IMO you gotta go with that.

Presti has been wrong how many times?

Kori Ellis
08-07-2005, 07:23 PM
Both Noel and Alex have been asked to training camp by other teams. But neither of them have a $$ commitment from those teams, so I guess they are still considered on the market.

I'm doing an interview with both of them tonight on the phone. So I'll ask Alex about the Spurs' interest.

T Park
08-07-2005, 08:27 PM
If I were the Spurs Id give Noel a Devin Brown.

Gauranteed 1st non second.

Give the guy a shot.