PDA

View Full Version : Consider yourself lucky...

Ibleedslvrnblk
04-13-2014, 03:27 PM
You are a fan of one of the greatest franchises in the NBA....

The have not missed the playoffs since before you read Spurstalk on dialup...

They have had two of the most gentlemanly and iconic basketball players in history...

They have one of the greatest coaches in NBA history....But yet you question his abilities and choices and somehow none of you are NBA coaches

They have been OLD for how many years? Yet they continue to prove everyone wrong...

They have done nothing but finish with their best record in ever....

They are in a position regardless of Duncan and Manu retiring soon, to still be relevant...

They do not BUY players and titles, but find role players and forgottens, and turn them into what the definition of role player is and what a TEAM should be...

They are considered boring, but flashy leaves you in NY and out of the playoffs, constantly in turmoil...

The players you criticize and consider washed up or need to be traded, have brought you win after win after win and constantly give you the hope that maybe just maybe they can win it all, not many teams can say that once, twice, yet alone year after year...

I can go on.....but how about we enjoy the team we love, the players we worship and get ready for the ride! And whatever happens, consider yourself lucky...

RD2191
04-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Fuck that, they better win it all this year.

Blizzardwizard
04-13-2014, 03:30 PM
:toast :flag:

04-13-2014, 03:34 PM

DD
04-13-2014, 03:35 PM
ugh, another one of these threads

TampaDude
04-13-2014, 03:54 PM
You are a fan of one of the greatest franchises in all of professional sports....

fify

koriwhat
04-13-2014, 03:58 PM
stole my old username... lame. lol

TheyCallMePro
04-13-2014, 04:08 PM
Agreed. I'm 22 now and I've never known the Spurs to be anything but great. Being spoiled rocks. Never let anyone tell you different.

The Reckoning
04-13-2014, 04:11 PM

my thoughts exactly. they didnt work in the past....why would they now?

Dex
04-13-2014, 04:14 PM
I like the optimism, tbh. :tu

exstatic
04-13-2014, 04:37 PM

Or what?

RD2191
04-13-2014, 04:39 PM
Or what?

Or they don't. Really the only other option.

Mikeanaro
04-13-2014, 04:42 PM
If our players do some mooning every time they make a basket it would be more fun and appealing to those regular monkeyballers fans?

exstatic
04-13-2014, 04:59 PM
Or they don't. Really the only other option.

:lol I'd love it if they did, but honestly, the organization as a whole has completely redeemed themselves over the last two years after the debacles of 2010 and 2011.

Ibleedslvrnblk
04-13-2014, 05:15 PM
stole my old username... lame. lol

Years ago I had a different one then forgot it cause I stopped coming the bitching factory called Spurstalk. I don`t post much but I wanted to try and put a bunch of sunshine on the crap that I am sure will happen over the next few weeks.

RD2191
04-13-2014, 05:18 PM
:lol I'd love it if they did, but honestly, the organization as a whole has completely redeemed themselves over the last two years after the debacles of 2010 and 2011.

Yeah, it would be awesome.

Ibleedslvrnblk
04-13-2014, 05:19 PM

Of course the fan sees the championship or bust as the success of a team and nothing but. My list was to also show that we are lucky to even be able to believe the Spurs can win it all. Yet alone once, twice five times! If this franchise does into a dark state in the years to come, oh lord, the bridge jumping will sky rocket, but I guess that will also define a true fan

ElNono
04-13-2014, 05:23 PM

beats so at what point did you stop watching laker games this season (http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=168232), tbh :lol

DD
04-13-2014, 05:28 PM
beats so at what point did you stop watching laker games this season (http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=168232), tbh :lol
No, it really doesn't, and I can give you a couple reasons why:

1. That thread is a new concept for Lakers fans (btw, you probably have more posts on that forum than I do--I have 0).

2. Somebody makes one of these faggoty threads every week.

ElNono
04-13-2014, 05:40 PM
Don't have an account there... just browse for the laughs...

What do you mean "new"? Your team has been sinking for way over a season. They're just still trying to figure out where rock bottom really is.

And yeah, there's gonna be emo threads galore around here... that time of the season, tbh

Embedded
04-13-2014, 05:41 PM
You are a fan of one of the greatest franchises in the NBA....

The have not missed the playoffs since before you read Spurstalk on dialup...

They have had two of the most gentlemanly and iconic basketball players in history...

They have one of the greatest coaches in NBA history....But yet you question his abilities and choices and somehow none of you are NBA coaches

They have been OLD for how many years? Yet they continue to prove everyone wrong...

They have done nothing but finish with their best record in ever....

They are in a position regardless of Duncan and Manu retiring soon, to still be relevant...

They do not BUY players and titles, but find role players and forgottens, and turn them into what the definition of role player is and what a TEAM should be...

They are considered boring, but flashy leaves you in NY and out of the playoffs, constantly in turmoil...

The players you criticize and consider washed up or need to be traded, have brought you win after win after win and constantly give you the hope that maybe just maybe they can win it all, not many teams can say that once, twice, yet alone year after year...

I can go on.....but how about we enjoy the team we love, the players we worship and get ready for the ride! And whatever happens, consider yourself lucky... Excellent post, my man. You have a new friend.

heyheymymy
04-13-2014, 05:51 PM
being a part of a spurs season that results in a title from preseason to playoffs every step of the way is an incredible experience and leagues should do more to diversify talent and to disallow collusion

koriwhat
04-13-2014, 07:04 PM
Years ago I had a different one then forgot it cause I stopped coming the bitching factory called Spurstalk. I don`t post much but I wanted to try and put a bunch of sunshine on the crap that I am sure will happen over the next few weeks.

huh?

spurs10
04-13-2014, 07:10 PM
Fuck that, they better win it all this year. :hungry:

Budkin
04-13-2014, 08:54 PM

I'm grateful for all that but this is pretty much how I feel after having endured 6.

dunkman
04-13-2014, 09:31 PM
Lets hope the regular season success translate in another deep playoffs run. The last two seasons the Spurs made the WCF's and the Finals, respectively. Maybe this will be the year they win it all again. Duncan and Parker deserve that, also kudos for Manu for playing well. It will be great for the organization if the younger players get championship experience.