PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies: Memphis at Phoenix

Findog
04-13-2014, 11:13 PM
Suns have to win out and hope Dallas beats Memphis in the finale. Suns have to finish up a game on Memphis because the Grizz won the season series regardless of tomorrow night's game.

Memphis clinches playoff spot with a win tomorrow night and that would set up a season finale home game against Dallas for the 7 seed.

Even if the Suns win, that clinches the 7 seed for Dallas and sets up a finale where Memphis is playing for the 8 seed against the JV Mavericks. So I'm guessing Memphis will try to win the game tomorrow night knowing that in their back pocket they have a home game against the Dallas scrubs to clinch a playoff spot. This isn't 2011 and I'm sure both these teams would rather take their chances against OKC instead of being quickly disemboweled by the Spurs. So as a Mavs fan I will be rooting hard for the Suns!

Findog
04-13-2014, 11:16 PM
Does this mean the Grizz win the game? If you're a Suns player or coach, you know that your reward for putting off elimination for one night is setting up Memphis to play T-ball against Dallas. On a subconscious level, that has to affect your approach to the game.

ElNono
04-13-2014, 11:19 PM
I have no idea what expectations Sunsfan had for the season, but I would think they would be fairly happy? Young team, shows a lot of pride and battle every night. Hornacek should get some credit too, he did a good job.

Findog
04-13-2014, 11:22 PM
I have no idea what expectations Sunsfan had for the season, but I would think they would be fairly happy? Young team, shows a lot of pride and battle every night. Hornacek should get some credit too, he did a good job.

Oh yeah, absolutely, their season is a resounding success even if they finish 9th. And if they make it in, I don't think they care if they draw the Spurs. It's a good learning exercise for those guys to experience a playoff series. If anything, you absolutely cannot get a better measurement of where you are versus how far you have to go by playing San Antonio.

Now I'm thinking that since the Suns have more to play for ( avoid elimination vs clinch a playoff spot) and they're at home, they win the game? If you're the Grizz, knowing that this isn't a must-win game, does that on a subconscious level affect your approach to the game? I'm not saying they won't try to win the game, but it's not do or die like it is for the Suns.

Mugen
04-13-2014, 11:24 PM
Grizz are 3-0 against the Suns this year I believe. I just don't think they have anybody to handle ZBo/Gasol down low and I think they're done after two heartbreaking losses in Texas tbh. I'm going with Memphis.

spurraider21
04-13-2014, 11:26 PM
Suns have to win out and hope Dallas beats Memphis in the finale. Suns have to finish up a game on Memphis because the Grizz won the season series regardless of tomorrow night's game.

Memphis clinches playoff spot with a win tomorrow night and that would set up a season finale home game against Dallas for the 7 seed.

Even if the Suns win, that clinches the 7 seed for Dallas and sets up a finale where Memphis is playing for the 8 seed against the JV Mavericks. So I'm guessing Memphis will try to win the game tomorrow night knowing that in their back pocket they have a home game against the Dallas scrubs to clinch a playoff spot. This isn't 2011 and I'm sure both these teams would rather take their chances against OKC instead of being quickly disemboweled by the Spurs. So as a Mavs fan I will be rooting hard for the Suns!
you didn't need the rest, really :lol

ElNono
04-13-2014, 11:31 PM
Oh yeah, absolutely, their season is a resounding success even if they finish 9th. And if they make it in, I don't think they care if they draw the Spurs. It's a good learning exercise for those guys to experience a playoff series. If anything, you absolutely cannot get a better measurement of where you are versus how far you have to go by playing San Antonio.

Now I'm thinking that since the Suns have more to play for ( avoid elimination vs clinch a playoff spot) and they're at home, they win the game? If you're the Grizz, knowing that this isn't a must-win game, does that on a subconscious level affect your approach to the game? I'm not saying they won't try to win the game, but it's not do or die like it is for the Suns.

I thought the Suns would rescue at least a split during their Texas trip, and Memphis would slip somehow... but neither happened. I think Memphis will come out tomorrow to clinch that seed.

Robz4000
04-14-2014, 12:10 AM
Grizz win, making the game Wednesday actually competitive. Still not sure which of the two I'd like to face. Spurs sweep either but both could pose problems for MethKC.

Thread
04-14-2014, 05:28 AM
You should go back and fuck your mother some more.

Rogue
04-14-2014, 05:55 AM
Dallas will have no incentive to go out 100% against Memphis if the Grizzlies lost to the Suns (a precondition for the Suns to make the playoffs) because then the Mavs would've secured the #7 spot already, which means the game would be meaningless to them mavs so they'll just tank the game and rest for the upcoming playoffs imho. Suns are fucked either way, no matter they beat Memphis or lose to them.

Thread
04-14-2014, 06:04 AM
^As the way it should be. They've been jackassing now for 6 months. Too good to make a move. Too good to talk trade & turkey. Now all that's left is O & 46 + pay Bledsoe his money. Shades of a punk this season as he was even on his best behavior. Watch him. Watch him after they pay him.

Chop/chop.

Seventyniner
04-14-2014, 07:48 AM
Dallas will have no incentive to go out 100% against Memphis if the Grizzlies lost to the Suns (a precondition for the Suns to make the playoffs) because then the Mavs would've secured the #7 spot already, which means the game would be meaningless to them mavs so they'll just tank the game and rest for the upcoming playoffs imho. Suns are fucked either way, no matter they beat Memphis or lose to them.

If the Warriors somehow lose out the Mavs can still climb to #6 and dodge the Thunder.

Xylus
04-14-2014, 12:02 PM

Even if the Suns bring a little more effort to the table tonight against the Grizz, it won't necessarily translate into a W. Because the team is so young and inexperienced, even when they play hard in do-or-die games, they tend to lose their focus in the 2nd half against playoff-caliber teams. We saw it against San Antonio and then the very next night against Dallas. The Suns seemed to control the game going into the 3rd quarter, but the more experienced squad turned the tide pretty quickly.

If the Suns had reached the playoffs and then got beat in 4 or 5 games, it still would be preferable to moving up in the draft. The 14-pick is historically uneventful, and that extra playoff experience would be pretty handy going into next year.

Seeing a young team blow expectations out of the water and then not make the playoffs with 48 wins is really, really tough to swallow.

Xylus
04-14-2014, 12:08 PM
Looking back, it's hard to believe that this starting lineup will end the season with 47-49 wins:

Goran Dragic
Eric Bledsoe
PJ Tucker
Channing Frye
Miles Plumlee

:lmao

Thread
04-14-2014, 12:21 PM
Looking back, it's hard to believe that this starting lineup will end the season with 47-49 wins:

Goran Dragic
Eric Bledsoe
PJ Tucker
Channing Frye
Miles Plumlee

But, that ain't the mark, X. The mark is winning the last game in June. That's it. You don't get a pass because you like to have (fun) and you're cute as a button. No. We're all on the same plan.

& another thing, daddy-O...go back and get your fuckin' shine box.

CitizenDwayne
04-14-2014, 12:26 PM
:fishing

Spur-Addict
04-14-2014, 01:13 PM
^As the way it should be. They've been jackassing now for 6 months. Too good to make a move. Too good to talk trade & turkey. Now all that's left is O & 46 + pay Bledsoe his money. Shades of a punk this season as he was even on his best behavior. Watch him. Watch him after they pay him.

Chop/chop.

You sound a little upset about the Gasol Non-event earlier this season. :rollin

Thread
04-14-2014, 01:26 PM

Because they were small time assholes,,,too good to sit down & talk trade. Noses up in the air, refusing to sit with us. So afraid they'd fuck up, or, not fuck us up. So afraid they'd pull another Len, or, another Archie. Now look at 'em. Got Texas'ed.

Big shots.

Arcadian
04-14-2014, 01:28 PM
I think Phoenix wins out, but unfortunately they don't control their destiny.

Clipper Nation
04-14-2014, 01:54 PM
No gratitude towards the man who brought "his" Lakers two alpha rings.... SMH....

Sean Cagney
04-14-2014, 01:59 PM
They were a very good team this year.

look_at_g_shred
04-14-2014, 02:03 PM
They were a very good team this year.

BillMc
04-14-2014, 02:04 PM
I could be reading this wrong, but the Suns best hope is for a win (obviously) and a Warriors loss. Because if the Warriors lose out Dallas can catch them for the number 6 slot. That would mean Dallas would be motivated in Wednesday's game against Memphis and dramatically increase their chances of beating the Grizz. If the Mavs have no shot at the number 6 slot, Dallas probably rests its starters and Memphis wins easily eliminating the Suns.

Findog
04-14-2014, 02:20 PM
I could be reading this wrong, but the Suns best hope is for a win (obviously) and a Warriors loss. Because if the Warriors lose out Dallas can catch them for the number 6 slot. That would mean Dallas would be motivated in Wednesday's game against Memphis and dramatically increase their chances of beating the Grizz. If the Mavs have no shot at the number 6 slot, Dallas probably rests its starters and Memphis wins easily eliminating the Suns.

I thought Golden State already clinched the 6 seed.

BillMc
04-14-2014, 02:24 PM
I thought Golden State already clinched the 6 seed.

Nope. If Golden State loses their last two they finish 49-33. If Dallas wins their 1 remaining game they're 50-32.

Findog
04-14-2014, 02:25 PM
Nope. If Golden State loses their last two they finish 49-33. If Dallas wins their 1 remaining game they're 50-32.

Gotcha.

Thread
04-14-2014, 02:48 PM
No gratitude towards the man who brought "his" Lakers two alpha rings.... SMH....

Gasol can't win a single playoff game lest Kobe is holding on to his ass scratcher. He was gonna be a big wheel a year ago this time. Him & Nash were gonna show us, show Kobe, show the world they could cut the mustard without him.

HA.

Spur-Addict
04-14-2014, 02:49 PM

Shocking, really. And the fact that they can't see they needed Gasol+Bynum to=Shaq. Yet they shit on Shaq, and shit on Gasol. Giving Robin all the credit. SMH

I mean, the air about him is all wrong. Thread sounds like Dallas never happened. Better yet, he sounds like he's latching on the throne, grasping. But time is up, we've already yelled cut, when it comes to the Larry O'Brien, they'll see no more action. Tragic, yes it's so tragic. The fall from grace....

Thread
04-14-2014, 02:56 PM
Shocking, really. And the fact that they can't see they needed Gasol+Bynum to=Shaq. Yet they shit on Shaq, and shit on Gasol. Giving Robin all the credit. SMH

I mean, the air about him is all wrong. Thread (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19320) sounds like Dallas never happened. Better yet, he sounds like he's latching on the throne, grasping. But time is up, we've already yelled cut, when it comes to the Larry O'Brien, they'll see no more action. Tragic, yes it's so tragic. The fall from grace....

Because Daddy let his mouth overload his ass. Like Confederate Railroad states:::"when you leave like that you can never go back." Now to Gasol...he's a shifty foreigner and I don't like that...at all.

I plotted my trough with Kobe, lodged a shoulder to his & went on.

Kids,,,I ain't ever looked back.

Thread
04-14-2014, 02:58 PM
Gotcha.

& you--you son-of-a-bitch, you I don't forget. I don't forgive. You rat bastard, you.

Spur-Addict
04-14-2014, 03:00 PM
Because Daddy let his mouth overload his ass. Like Confederate Railroad states:::"when you leave like that you can never go back." Now to Gasol...he's a shifty foreigner and I don't like that...at all.

I plotted my trough with Kobe, lodged a shoulder to his & went on.

Kids,,,I ain't ever looked back.

Yes, kick a legend to the curb and say he ran his mouth after he didn't get the money. You can complain about giving the money and respect the legacy. But you can't kick the foundation to the curb and say thanks for all the hard work. That's like kicking a father out of his own home after 30 some odd years of providing because he isn't making peak money any more. Makes no sense. And that nonsense about Gasol, cop out.

Clipper Nation
04-14-2014, 03:04 PM
Now to Gasol...he's a shifty foreigner and I don't like that...at all.

You've nary room, your Kirby is Italian.

Findog
04-14-2014, 04:13 PM
& you--you son-of-a-bitch, you I don't forget. I don't forgive. You rat bastard, you.

Let's hug it out, bitch.

Thread
04-14-2014, 04:58 PM
You've nary room, your Kirby is Italian.

& his parents should be beat for permitting that to take place.

Thread
04-14-2014, 05:02 PM
Yes, kick a legend to the curb and say he ran his mouth after he didn't get the money. You can complain about giving the money and respect the legacy. But you can't kick the foundation to the curb and say thanks for all the hard work. That's like kicking a father out of his own home after 30 some odd years of providing because he isn't making peak money any more. Makes no sense. And that nonsense about Gasol, cop out.

Daddy was insolent. He made his bed. Let him die in it.

He wanted to be The Skipper to Kobe's Gilligan and Kobe wouldn't do it. That was the crux of the whole case. Kobe wasn't brought up like that. Had he come from a broken home then yes, that arrangement would have probably taken place though to what amount of success still isn't clear.

Thread
04-14-2014, 05:05 PM
Let's hug it out, bitch.

Apologize and we'll carry on, Findog. You did me damnable dirt. I comforted you in your time of trial. My reward? You shit right in the my face. I never saw it coming. Not from you. Because of your sponsorship in the EC I was summarily canned and had to come back sneakin' in the back door. How do you think I felt coming in the House of Ellis' back door?

Mori Chu
04-14-2014, 05:07 PM

Chop/chop.

I have faith in the new GM, McDonough. He'll either keep the guy on a reasonable deal, or let him walk. And whatever he's paid, he'll earn it next year. Watch.

Thread
04-14-2014, 05:24 PM
I have faith in the new GM, McDonough. He'll either keep the guy on a reasonable deal, or let him walk. And whatever he's paid, he'll earn it next year. Watch.

I think he's militant hiding in sheep's clothing. He's gonna make you sorry, but, they'll sign him,,,no matter what.

Rogue
04-14-2014, 05:35 PM
If you're a Suns player or coach, you know that your reward for putting off elimination for one night is setting up Memphis to play T-ball against Dallas. On a subconscious level, that has to affect your approach to the game.

I see whottt you mean, but I don't think it makes a difference as to their approach. Not like they have anything to gain by resting players/tanking because they think there's a good shot Memphis will just tee off on Dallas. And it's not like their lottery chances will change any if they get eliminated tonight or Wednesday. If anything it will take the pressure off of PHX

Rogue
04-14-2014, 05:38 PM
GS's last two games are hosting Minnesota and @ Denver. Doubt they'll lost both of those

Killakobe81
04-14-2014, 05:43 PM

Goran Dragic
Eric Bledsoe
PJ Tucker
Channing Frye
Miles Plumlee

Bledsoe missed time in a critical stretch too ...
Hornacek did much better than I thought.
The improvement by the twins and Plumlee were huge.

Dragic is a nails.
LOL rockets Im pretty sure Goran would of taken Lin money if offered
...He cant be making that much more can he?

and No, I dont follow player salaries ...

Spur-Addict
04-14-2014, 06:08 PM
Daddy was insolent. He made his bed. Let him die in it.

He wanted to be The Skipper to Kobe's Gilligan and Kobe wouldn't do it. That was the crux of the whole case. Kobe wasn't brought up like that. Had he come from a broken home then yes, that arrangement would have probably taken place though to what amount of success still isn't clear.

What do you mean, WANTED TO BE? :lmao He was, and always will be.

Venti Quattro
04-14-2014, 09:24 PM
Game on!!

ace3g
04-14-2014, 10:58 PM
T

MEM (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/mem/memphis-grizzlies)

PHX (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/phx/phoenix-suns)

ace3g
04-14-2014, 11:00 PM
Miller having one of those "why did Heat get rid of him" games

BENCH
MIN
FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TO
PF
+/-
PTS

Ed Davis (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4259/ed-davis), PF
0-1
0-0
0-0
+3

Mike Miller (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/558/mike-miller), SF
7-9
4-5
0-0
+7

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-14-2014, 11:02 PM
If Phoenix wins tonight, barring a Dallas tank, they should make it in the playoffs. Grizz are playing hard right now and they would be exhausted for a b2b against Dallas. Plus I think Dallas would beat them. Not enough weapons for the Grizz to exploit that below average defense of the Mavs.

Texas_Ranger
04-14-2014, 11:07 PM
If Phoenix wins tonight, barring a Dallas tank, they should make it in the playoffs. Grizz are playing hard right now and they would be exhausted for a b2b against Dallas. Plus I think Dallas would beat them. Not enough weapons for the Grizz to exploit that below average defense of the Mavs.

its not a b2b

spurraider21
04-14-2014, 11:10 PM
bledsoe has been awfully mistake prone in crunch-time in the latter part of this season.

edit: of course he does that right after i post this :lol

HarlemHeat37
04-14-2014, 11:17 PM
What the fuck is this shit, a woman announcer, tbh?..

What a way to ruin a good game, smh..

ElNono
04-14-2014, 11:20 PM
Dragon choking... he needs to load up on HGH during the offseason, tbh

spurraider21
04-14-2014, 11:22 PM
Grizzles/Suns are at 95-91 with the 4th about to end...

meanwhile Warriors/Wolves are 95-92 and the 3rd is about to end

HarlemHeat37
04-14-2014, 11:22 PM
I didn't start watching until mid 4th, why does Gang Signs only have 4 shot attempts and 19 minutes?..

spurraider21
04-14-2014, 11:23 PM
what a horrible shot. they really couldn't run a play?

ElNono
04-14-2014, 11:23 PM
damn Dragon... good season anyways

spurraider21
04-14-2014, 11:24 PM
wow Drago... wow

Robz4000
So who should Spurfan root root for Wednesday, Mavs or Grizz?

ElNono
I didn't start watching until mid 4th, why does Gang Signs only have 4 shot attempts and 19 minutes?..

They put tayshawn on him and couldn't jack up his usual amount of garbage shots...

ElNono
04-14-2014, 11:25 PM
So who should Spurfan root root for Wednesday, Mavs or Grizz?

I'll take the Mavs due to shorter trip...

HarlemHeat37
04-14-2014, 11:26 PM
Damn, the most underrated player in the league choking, tbh..

crc21209
Mike Miller was huge tonight for the Grizz. 21 points and 5/6 from three..

timtonymanu
:lmao Conley, really

HarlemHeat37
04-14-2014, 11:27 PM
Phoenix runs some of the worst end of game plays in the league:lol..

ElNono
04-14-2014, 11:27 PM
Hornacek did a good job, tbh... but hopefully this seals Pop for COTY

Robz4000
04-14-2014, 11:28 PM

I feel as if Dallas could threaten OKC in a first round match up more than Memphis, but the chances of either knocking them off is low. However, Grizz would give them a physical series followed by a bloodbath against the Clips.

ElNono
04-14-2014, 11:28 PM
not gonna throw down gang signs tonight... :lol

Arcadian
04-14-2014, 11:29 PM
:lol bledsoe

spurraider21
04-14-2014, 11:29 PM
Phoenix runs some of the worst end of game plays in the league:lol..
i'm not even sure they're running plays :lol

ElNono
04-14-2014, 11:30 PM
I feel as if Dallas could threaten OKC in a first round match up more than Memphis, but the chances of either knocking them off is low. However, Grizz would give them a physical series followed by a bloodbath against the Clips.

Grizz eliminated them last season (without Westbrook). Doesn't mean a whole lot, but there's obviously an extra degree of familiarity there. I expect OKC to beat either, tbh.

crc21209
04-14-2014, 11:31 PM
So it all comes down to Wednesday...

Clipper Nation
04-14-2014, 11:32 PM
All I know is this: Dallas ain't getting in.

04-14-2014, 11:33 PM
"@JMcDonald_SAEN: Wednesday in Memphis, it's Grizzlies vs. Mavericks. Loser plays the Spurs in the first round."

Thread
04-14-2014, 11:34 PM
Gonna be big shots. Gonna do it their way, and no other way.

Get your fuckin' shine box and report to Snookie.

ha, ha. Look at me. I'm dancin'!!!!!!!!!

HI-FI
04-14-2014, 11:35 PM
"@JMcDonald_SAEN: Wednesday in Memphis, it's Grizzlies vs. Mavericks. Loser plays the Spurs in the first round."

happy Spurs are avoiding Suns. too young, too much of a Cinderella angle.

spurraider21
04-14-2014, 11:39 PM
happy Spurs are avoiding Suns. too young, too much of a Cinderella angle.
while we'd beat either team easily, i think Memphis would wear on us a bit more. not worried either way

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-14-2014, 11:42 PM
OKC does not like being put in half court games... Memphis could be a troublesome match for them.

04-14-2014, 11:45 PM
I want Mavs in round 1, bc then we wouldn't have to leave Texas until the WCF, assuming we make it that far. Plus, MEM has OKC's number.

HarlemHeat37
04-14-2014, 11:46 PM
Spurs beat Dallas in 5
Spurs beat Memphis in 4
Thunder beat Mavs in 5
Thunder beat Grizzlies in 5

04-14-2014, 11:53 PM
Spurs beat Dallas in 5
Spurs beat Memphis in 4
Thunder beat Mavs in 5
Thunder beat Grizzlies in 5

Memphis beat Thunder in 6*

HarlemHeat37
04-14-2014, 11:56 PM
Memphis beat Thunder in 6*

:lol you want to put $$$ on that?..

04-15-2014, 12:02 AM
:lol you want to put $$$ on that?..
How much?

Kool Bob Love
04-15-2014, 12:14 AM
How much?

Make sure it's American money. Not some shitty Canadian currency.

HarlemHeat37
04-15-2014, 12:17 AM
How much?

Any amount you want, tbh..

I'll give you 2-1, too..

sook
04-15-2014, 12:20 AM
HH37 asking for investment ideas when the easiest way to make a profit was in front of his eyes all along :lol

Thats a pretty gutsy bet btw, SpursFan313, props for making it if you do.

spurraider21
04-15-2014, 12:22 AM
HH37 asking for investment ideas when the easiest way to make a profit was in front of his eyes all along :lol

HarlemHeat37
04-15-2014, 12:27 AM
:lol I destroyed NBA betting this year, I finished +93 units, tbh, capped off with arguably my easiest wins of the year tonight(Rockets and Wiz)..

Sean Cagney
04-15-2014, 12:30 AM

I feel we end up playing the Mavs in the first round.

sook
04-15-2014, 12:37 AM
I have a pretty superficial understanding of how sports betting works...so those terms are pretty much lost on me :lol

I do remember reading that it was a billion dollar industry somewhere, so there are some dudes making an absolute killing every year...

04-15-2014, 12:52 AM
Any amount you want, tbh..

I'll give you 2-1, too..
It's just a friendly bet, $20 bucks sound good?

04-15-2014, 12:53 AM
Make sure it's American money. Not some shitty Canadian currency.

:lol Canadians

HarlemHeat37
04-15-2014, 12:54 AM
It's just a friendly bet, $20 bucks sound good?

Cool, tbh..

Leon Black
04-15-2014, 01:32 AM
Doesn't matter...... SA is getting curb stomped in the second round by H-Town.

Xylus
04-15-2014, 01:51 AM
FUUUUUUUUUU

Thread
04-15-2014, 05:53 AM
Doesn't matter...... SA is getting curb stomped in the second round by H-Town.

That would suit me right down to the nubs.

Mori Chu
04-15-2014, 12:16 PM
Grizz are a tough matchup for Suns. We have no big men who can stop a big tractor butt forward like Donkey Kong Z-Bo or Fat Gasol. Really the Suns' season was blown by losing the back-to-back games against SA and DAL, and to a lesser extent by choking a gimme game against LAL the week before.