PDA

View Full Version : Clippers If Deandre Jordan wins DPOY or become parts of the first or second defensive team...

apalisoc_9
04-14-2014, 11:47 PM
It just proves that most "analyst" are fucking stupid...

sook
04-14-2014, 11:48 PM
Yea , so you would rather Hibbert win it? :lol

HarlemHeat37
There's already a ton of proof, just listen to any national broadcast that doesn't involve Bill Simmons or Steve Kerr:lol..

Jordan could win it, though, the same way Camby won it, it wouldn't be surprising..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
Yea, you would rather Hibbert win it? :lol

Timmy

HarlemHeat37
04-14-2014, 11:49 PM
Noah is going to win it, and that's cool with me..there haven't been any standout defensive players this season since Hibbert's decline..

Clipper Nation
04-14-2014, 11:50 PM
If the DPOY goes to an overpaid mental midget who, after six years in the league, still doesn't understand that some bigs can take and make jump shots, they might as well get rid of the award :lol

spurraider21
04-14-2014, 11:51 PM
Duncan is not getting DPOY this year... last year was his best shot tbh

sook
04-14-2014, 11:53 PM
Timmy

There is no way Duncan is winning it this year.

HarlemHeat37
Duncan doesn't deserve DPOY, relax:lol..

Jordan hasn't been a top 5 defensive big, though, despite the hype from people that are enamoured with raw numbers like blocks and rebounds..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
There is no way Duncan is winning it this year.

He's a top 3 nominee :cry

ElNono
04-14-2014, 11:56 PM
Noah is a lock, looking at the peeps that revealed ballots, IMO

Robz4000
04-15-2014, 12:23 AM
Agreed on Noah tbh. I could see Duncan getting a second or third All-NBA nomination tho.

spurraider21
04-15-2014, 12:25 AM
Duncan probably gets all NBA 3rd team, possibly Defensive 2nd team

freetiago
04-15-2014, 12:30 AM
Hibbert has still been good defensively
people just overrated him for the fact that he plays well vs one team in the NBA and let his offensive numbers change how they perceive his defense

Jordan is one of the worst defensive rim protectors in the league for a so called defensive player
his at rim % numbers are around 50% which is on par with what a LaMarcus Aldridge is putting up
elite defensive centers like Bogut/Noah/Gasol/Duncan will get you around 45% while Hibbert is holding them in the low 40s near 41% last time I checked

people seriously overrate the Clippers defense since they love to pour it on vs bad teams which pad their defensive numbers
every team vs "contenders" they play the score ends up in the 110+s
Clippers rank 7th defensively but 21st in games against teams with winning records at 106.8 points per 100 in 42 games

RsxPiimp
04-15-2014, 12:49 AM
Yeah, Noah's name is etched on it as we speak.

HarlemHeat37
04-15-2014, 12:50 AM
Hibbert has still been good defensively
people just overrated him for the fact that he plays well vs one team in the NBA and let his offensive numbers change how they perceive his defense

Jordan is one of the worst defensive rim protectors in the league for a so called defensive player
his at rim % numbers are around 50% which is on par with what a LaMarcus Aldridge is putting up
elite defensive centers like Bogut/Noah/Gasol/Duncan will get you around 45% while Hibbert is holding them in the low 40s near 41% last time I checked

people seriously overrate the Clippers defense since they love to pour it on vs bad teams which pad their defensive numbers
every team vs "contenders" they play the score ends up in the 110+s
Clippers rank 7th defensively but 21st in games against teams with winning records at 106.8 points per 100 in 42 games

Hibbert's historically bad rebounding in the past month has lowered his stock, and rightfully so..

And not only is Jordan an overrated protector, but his opponent production is also terrible, too..

Clipper Nation
04-15-2014, 12:54 AM
:lol Hibbert's "great" rim protection is a product of the refs allowing him to hack under the guise of "verticality".... DeContract would look like a great rim protector too if he got that treatment from the refs....

Both are equally overrated stiffs, but at least DeContract can get lots of rebounds (amazingly, considering he has no clue how to box out)....

TDMVPDPOY
04-15-2014, 02:39 AM
jordan and d12 are nothing more then clowns camping in the key blocking anything that clearly looks like goaltending

if shaq played today he have most of the dpoy for his kep camping block shots

Rogue
04-15-2014, 04:37 AM
rebounds & blocks don't always translate into defensive ability imho. One can grab massive rebounds and still be a shitty defender (Kevin Love)

LkrFan
04-15-2014, 07:33 AM
Duncan probably gets all NBA 3rd team, possibly Defensive 2nd team
Agreed. I remember det year when 13/8 garnered him an all star birth. 15/9 should earn him at least 3rd team. :rolleyes

TDMVPDPOY
04-15-2014, 08:12 AM
if those guys are so good, they need to explain the inferior team stats and individual defensive stats...

Raven
04-15-2014, 09:03 AM
Duncan is not getting DPOY this year... last year was his best shot tbh

i agree, he actually was fairly bad defensive rating wise.. Would make a lot more sense for Splitter to win it.

FromWayDowntown
04-15-2014, 09:39 AM
Duncan doesn't deserve to win this year, but it's still mind-boggling to me that both he and Bruce Bowen will be retired without either having ever won at least one DPOY award.

I guess they can console themselves with their rings, but how the late 90's-early 00's Spurs, who were an absolute defensive machine, never managed to get even one of those DPOYs is testament to the ignorance of the basketball media.

scanry
04-15-2014, 10:05 AM
Agreed. I remember det year when 13/8 garnered him an all star birth. 15/9 should earn him at least 3rd team. :rolleyes

Chuco, I think Tim started off strong in 2010-11 and the Spurs had the best record before the allstar break.

And Tim's actually been our best player (in terms of consistency) this season. He was actually averaging over 10 boards/gm till recently. His stats are now 15/9.7/3/2. Pretty impressive considering he's played less than 30 min/game this season.

Bill_Brasky
04-15-2014, 10:11 AM
No love for Whi Whi tbh.. the dude probably had more steal and slams this year than most guys have in their entire career

urunobili
04-15-2014, 10:13 AM
It's a travesty that TOSB never won it TBH

spurraider21
04-15-2014, 10:15 AM
:lmao kobe made the all star team this year

:downspin:

Clipper Nation
04-15-2014, 10:20 AM
:lmao A Kirbystan whining about undeserved All-Star Games and all-defensive teams.... now I've seen it all :lol

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
04-15-2014, 03:14 PM
:lol Hibbert's "great" rim protection is a product of the refs allowing him to hack under the guise of "verticality".... DeContract would look like a great rim protector too if he got that treatment from the refs....

Both are equally overrated stiffs, but at least DeContract can get lots of rebounds (amazingly, considering he has no clue how to box out)....

:lmao

Idiot Clipperfan IQ

LkrFan
04-15-2014, 04:05 PM
:lmao kobe made the all star team this year

:lol

LkrFan
04-15-2014, 04:06 PM
Chuco, I think Tim started off strong in 2010-11 and the Spurs had the best record before the allstar break.

And Tim's actually been our best player (in terms of consistency) this season. He was actually averaging over 10 boards/gm till recently. His stats are now 15/9.7/3/2. Pretty impressive considering he's played less than 30 min/game this season.
Did you mean Chico? :lol

LkrFan
04-15-2014, 06:00 PM
:lmao A Kirbystan whining about undeserved All-Star Games and all-defensive teams.... now I've seen it all :lolDuncan = boring. Kobe = exciting. These are things Amy, Vanessa and the fans knowPERIOD. That, along with the issue of stamina (or lack there of) explains the two situations and why both their marriages and all star births have differing results. :downspin:

Clipper Nation
04-15-2014, 06:20 PM
Duncan = boring. Kobe = exciting.
Only if you find fadeaway bricks while triple-covered exciting, Moisés :lol

LkrFan
04-15-2014, 06:24 PM
Only if you find fadeaway bricks while triple-covered exciting, Moisés :lol
:lolK - but I'm only half joking. Duncan's game is like watching wet paint dry. I'm sure his demeanor at home is the same way. This is horrible because I don't know of any wives whose husband is a multi-millionaire - that just up and decides to cuck him with a nobody. I mean who does that shit, tbh? :lol

Clipper Nation
04-15-2014, 06:28 PM
:lolK - but I'm only half joking. Duncan's game is like watching wet paint dry.
Nah, he's actually a lot more fun to watch than seeing one faggot hog the ball and brick all game :lol

I mean who does that shit, tbh? :lol
Women who are too dumb to realize that they signed a pre-nup? :lol

LkrFan
04-15-2014, 06:55 PM
Nah, he's actually a lot more fun to watch than seeing one faggot hog the ball and brick all game :lol
You don't believe that shit son. He is so exciting that even though he played only 6 games, out of respect for his HOF resume, he was voted an all star starter. :downspin:

Women who are too dumb to realize that they signed a pre-nup? :lol
:lol - one man was faithful, but boring. While the other was a cheating SOB, but exciting. The latter is still married. :downspin: that shit s:loln

Clipper Nation
04-15-2014, 07:09 PM
You don't believe that shit son. He is so exciting that even though he played only 6 games, out of respect for his HOF resume, he was voted an all star starter. :downspin:
That reminds me - the NBA should require a legal green card for All-Star voting.... watch how fast Kirby's votes plummet then :lol

LkrFan
04-15-2014, 07:11 PM
That reminds me - the NBA should require a legal green card for All-Star voting.... watch how fast Kirby's votes plummet then :lolBe careful for what you wish for son. Texas used to be Mexico too. :lol

Brazil
04-15-2014, 08:08 PM
:lol - one man was faithful, but boring. While the other was a cheating SOB, but exciting. The latter is still married. :downspin: that shit s:loln

-10 on dat one son

kirby is still married cauz Vanessa has his nuts on her hand

LkrFan
04-15-2014, 08:11 PM
-10 on dat one son

kirby is still married cauz Vanessa has his nuts on her hand Can't say the same about Amy, now can ya? :lol

Brazil
04-15-2014, 08:14 PM
Can't say the same about Amy, now can ya? :lol

Amy has not 50% of Tim fortune son

Vanessa has made Kirby her bitch tbh