PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast burritos

DD
04-15-2014, 06:52 AM
Mmmm...non nom nom

Relevancy
04-15-2014, 10:23 AM
With fried beans, fried eggs, and a melted cheese.. And to top it all off a home made salsa

life is good.

The Gemini Method
04-15-2014, 10:25 AM
They have one at this joint by mi casa and you can order it with bacon, sausage, and chorizo!!! It is definitely not the healthiest option, but it sure does make for one amazing breakfast burrito.

Spur-Addict
04-15-2014, 10:48 AM
Diabeetus

The Gemini Method
04-15-2014, 11:02 AM
Diabeetus

That's the French toast breakfast burrito with extra sizzurp.

Spur-Addict
04-15-2014, 11:42 AM
That's the French toast breakfast burrito with extra sizzurp.

True, true. But you know at lunch, mofo's are woofing down double burgs with the fries

The Gemini Method
04-15-2014, 11:49 AM
True, true. But you know at lunch, mofo's are woofing down double burgs with the fries

Don't forget the extra large Diet Coke to balance it all out...

Leetonidas
04-15-2014, 11:50 AM
Ironically, living here in beanerville, I've never actually had a really good breakfast burrito

Spur-Addict
04-15-2014, 11:52 AM

"All that food and a Mutha F@#k*& diet coke" :rollin

Don't forget that mini sangwich at the end to wrap it all up though

mrsmaalox
04-15-2014, 12:00 PM

LOL I worked with a lady who'd have a double cheeseburger with a SlimFast shake.

leemajors
04-15-2014, 12:58 PM

the Harry Knowles special when I worked at the Alamo tbh

baseline bum
04-15-2014, 01:22 PM
They have one at this joint by mi casa and you can order it with bacon, sausage, and chorizo!!! It is definitely not the healthiest option, but it sure does make for one amazing breakfast burrito.

That seems like a waste of money tbh, as chorizo overpowers every other flavor.

baseline bum
04-15-2014, 01:23 PM
My favorite burrito is still refried beans, machaca, guacamole, rice, and lots of ranchero salsa for some heat.

The Gemini Method
04-15-2014, 01:26 PM
That seems like a waste of money tbh, as chorizo overpowers every other flavor.

I get light chorizo...not too much on that because it is overpowering...it is something I've only gotten twice. I usually get bacon...can't go wrong with bacon.

JudynTX
04-15-2014, 01:28 PM
I don't do burritos.

baseline bum
04-15-2014, 01:29 PM
can't go wrong with bacon.

indeed

2bhP14neXJs

baseline bum
04-15-2014, 01:31 PM
I get light chorizo...not too much on that because it is overpowering...it is something I've only gotten twice. I usually get bacon...can't go wrong with bacon.

RT though, get a Hollenbeck de Machaca from El Tepeyac Cafe in East LA (I heard the other isn't as good) if you haven't tried it. Shit is incredible.

The Gemini Method
04-15-2014, 01:45 PM
RT though, get a Hollenbeck de Machaca from El Tepeyac Cafe in East LA (I heard the other isn't as good) if you haven't tried it. Shit is incredible.

I have heard that before--I had a burrito from there but I don't thing it was the Hollenbeck...love mechaca though--underrated as a filling tbh.

baseline bum
04-15-2014, 01:58 PM
I have heard that before--I had a burrito from there but I don't thing it was the Hollenbeck...love mechaca though--underrated as a filling tbh.

The regular Hollenbeck is pork, It's a really good burrito too, but not on par with the machaca version. Their ranchero salsa really makes it.

baseline bum
04-15-2014, 02:02 PM
Speaking of burritos, am I the only one who thinks Chipotle completely sucks ass? When I lived in LA all the honkeys there loved that flavorless crap; like they're the Tito's Tacos of burritos.

leemajors
04-15-2014, 02:04 PM
I don't like their rice, so I have only been once or twice ever.

The Gemini Method
04-15-2014, 02:08 PM
Speaking of burritos, am I the only one who thinks Chipotle completely sucks ass? When I lived in LA all the honkeys there loved that flavorless crap; like they're the Tito's Tacos of burritos. The only time I eat at Chipotle, is because my co-worker offers to buy me lunch. She likes the place because she can have the chipotle bowl and not feel bad about it. Not that she has to worry weighing around 110 lbs...but you know how women are. The food is unremarkable and I only go for it because its so close to my workplace and I don't have time to waste. Otherwise, I'd stay away from it.

Their brown rice is horrid.

JudynTX
04-15-2014, 02:08 PM
Speaking of burritos, am I the only one who thinks Chipotle completely sucks ass? When I lived in LA all the honkeys there loved that flavorless crap; like they're the Tito's Tacos of burritos.

You are not alone. I hate that place so much. :lol

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamisener/ways-to-make-the-chipotle-burrito-person-hate-you

mrsmaalox
04-15-2014, 04:34 PM
I've never been to Chipotle because the billboard with the picture of the foil wrapped brick is not very appetizing. How does everyone feel about Freebirds? I've been once---never again!

DD
04-15-2014, 04:47 PM
Neither do i, and since those bricks they serve are 90% rice, i avoid them altogether

spurraider21
04-15-2014, 06:15 PM
Fat Sals tbh... my ucla brethren should know

The Gemini Method
04-15-2014, 06:20 PM

Damn...it's been a while since I've heard that place in a discussion. Didi Reese still around? I used to date this Bruin and she knew all the spots, yo.

spurraider21
04-15-2014, 06:23 PM
Damn...it's been a while since I've heard that place in a discussion. Didi Reese still around? I used to date this Bruin and she knew all the spots, yo.
its still around. still overrated with the same unreasonable lines tbh

The Gemini Method
04-15-2014, 06:24 PM
its still around. still overrated with the same unreasonable lines tbh

We used to score there cuz one of her sorority sisters used to scoop ice cream, bruh. So I never had to pay...went like 4 times but never had to wait. I guess that's the only upside to that relationship.

spurraider21
04-15-2014, 06:25 PM
We used to score there cuz one of her sorority sisters used to scoop ice cream, bruh. So I never had to pay...went like 4 times but never had to wait. I guess that's the only upside to that relationship.
:lol if that was the best part of your relationship, the sex must've sucked

The Gemini Method
04-15-2014, 06:27 PM
:lol if that was the best part of your relationship, the sex must've sucked

Naw. The sex was cool. Not the best I would go on to have--but it was commendable. I was also blown for most of the times we did smash. So the munchies might've seem better at the time.

baseline bum
04-15-2014, 06:29 PM

My favorite place on that block is Gushi.

spurraider21
04-15-2014, 06:30 PM
Naw. The sex was cool. Not the best I would go on to have--but it was commendable. I was also blown for most of the times we did smash. So the munchies might've seem better at the time.
:lol arite fair enough

spurraider21
04-15-2014, 06:32 PM
you seriously can't beat this menu... when im in the mood for a heart attack i go for the fat jerry and cough up an extra dollar to add chili

http://www.fatsalsdeli.com/Menu.aspx

baseline bum
04-15-2014, 06:34 PM

LOL, I had a roommate from Berlin who just got into the US, and saw how long the lines were there and how no one ever went to the Mrs Fields cookie shop. So he said he went in and bought some from poor old Mrs Fields because he felt bad for her that her shop was doing so little business, even though her cookies sucked. Should have seen the look on his face when I told him Mrs Fields was a national chain worth millions. :lol

The Gemini Method
04-15-2014, 06:34 PM
:lol arite fair enough

Yeah, mayne, that's partly why she stopped fuckin' with me because I'd forget important dates and hooking up with her friend was probably not a great idea...now that I look back at it. Meh. College is meant to be enjoyed on every level...henceforth why it is imperative that if you're with a girl you don't plan on marrying, get single quick. Nawimean?
LOL, I had a roommate from Berlin who just got into the US, and saw how long the lines were there and how no one ever went to the Mrs Fields cookie shop. So he said he went in and bought some from poor old Mrs Fields because he felt bad for her that her shop was doing so little business, even though her cookies sucked. Should have seen the look on his face when I told him Mrs Fields was a national chain worth millions. :lol That's funny...

baseline bum
04-15-2014, 06:38 PM
Diddi Riese overrated? Damn, I'd kill for some of those chocolate white chocolate cookies right now.

baseline bum
04-15-2014, 06:44 PM
you seriously can't beat this menu... when im in the mood for a heart attack i go for the fat jerry and cough up an extra dollar to add chili

http://www.fatsalsdeli.com/Menu.aspx

Canters' was my go-to place for sandwiches. That fucking pastrami there is tough to beat. Too bad the Las Vegas one sucks.

spurraider21
04-15-2014, 06:45 PM
Canters' was my go-to place for sandwiches. That fucking pastrami there is tough to beat. Too bad the Las Vegas one sucks.
i got a 100 dollar gift certificate to Langers Deli downtown from ESPN radio... but i'm not downtown very often. supposedly they have the best pastrami around

benefactor
04-15-2014, 06:53 PM
Best place close to downtown Austin? Going to need one to hit up when I head down there in a couple months.

The Gemini Method
04-16-2014, 10:05 AM
i got a 100 dollar gift certificate to Langers Deli downtown from ESPN radio... but i'm not downtown very often. supposedly they have the best pastrami around

They are really good--don't know if they're the best but they're other stuff like the soups and the corned beef are really good. With a $100 you will be able to at least experiment with the menu.

CavsSuperFan
04-16-2014, 10:44 AM

Langers is easily accessible….Take the subway to MacArthur Park & walk less than a block…20 minutes at most from the SFV…

CavsSuperFan
04-16-2014, 10:56 AM
Speaking of burritos, am I the only one who thinks Chipotle completely#@!&! .
Chipotles is absolutely horrible & yet they keep opening new stores…All of the great Mexican dives in LA are disappearing…

spurraider21
04-16-2014, 11:04 AM
Langers is easily accessible….Take the subway to MacArthur Park & walk less than a block…20 minutes at most from the SFV…
sounds good, i never considered the metro really, and yeah i'm coming from the SFV

The Gemini Method
04-16-2014, 11:05 AM
Is spurraider in the valley? I thought he was in Westwood--but Cavs is right it isn't that hard to get there...they also have curbside service where you can pick up your food and smash out. The #3 Corned Beef with Sauerkraut and Dressing is my personal favorite. They have a pretty extensive menu that's for sure...chopped liver and onions anyone?

ohmwrecker
04-16-2014, 11:47 AM
I want bacon strips. Fuck that bacon bit shit.

baseline bum
04-16-2014, 12:41 PM

You have to take a bus to Hollywood or Vermont to get to the subway from Westwood though. Has anything come out of the proposed extension of the purple line to the West side? I know Santa Monica didn't think to highly of the unwanted diversity.

baseline bum
04-16-2014, 12:54 PM
They are really good--don't know if they're the best but they're other stuff like the soups and the corned beef are really good. With a $100 you will be able to at least experiment with the menu.

Do they have the full Jew menu like Canter's? Never seen a menu that huge before, and the shit kishka and all their matzo stuff is pretty awesome.

baseline bum
04-16-2014, 12:54 PM

Do they have the full Jew menu like Canter's? Never seen a menu that huge before, and the shit kishka and all their matzo stuff is pretty awesome.

The Gemini Method
04-16-2014, 12:56 PM
http://www.langersdeli.com/langers-delicatessen-restaurant-menu/ Sortof...

leemajors
04-16-2014, 01:10 PM
I've heard good things about both, just from LA comedians. Apparently the tongue sandwich at Canter's is awesome. Noble Pig here in Austin has a good smoked beef tongue sandwich.

The Gemini Method
04-16-2014, 01:29 PM
I'm a corned beef person--I like Canter's pastrami but I love Langer's corned beef. Both are pretty good and they're both great to go to--You're likely to be fine with both. I haven't really been to Canter's in a while though.

DD
04-16-2014, 01:57 PM
I've heard good things about both, just from LA comedians. Apparently the tongue sandwich at Canter's is awesome. Noble Pig here in Austin has a good smoked beef tongue sandwich.

It was you or somebody else who posted a pic of a tongue or ear sandwich awhile back that looked amazing:lol

DD
04-16-2014, 02:02 PM
Found it...post 11. Do they have anything like that in Dallas (I'll be out there in a couple weeks)?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203238&highlight=sammiches

leemajors
04-16-2014, 02:08 PM
damn i need to go back to olivia for brunch, been for dinner last few times. they subbed the sandwich for tacos, i think that's why I hadn't been

baseline bum
04-16-2014, 02:12 PM
I'm a corned beef person--I like Canter's pastrami but I love Langer's corned beef. Both are pretty good and they're both great to go to--You're likely to be fine with both. I haven't really been to Canter's in a while though.

I can't believe with how amazing Canters' sandwiches, soups, and plates are just how awful their bakery is. They have this huge glass case of desserts and they're all terrible. I couldn't believe how bad their cheesecake was when I got it.

CavsSuperFan
04-16-2014, 02:40 PM
You have to take a bus to Hollywood or Vermont to get to the subway from Westwood though. Has anything come out of the proposed extension of the purple line to the West side? I know Santa Monica didn't think to highly of the unwanted diversity.

There has been no improvement on public transportation for WLA, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica etc…Even a simple plan to run a train down the middle of the 405 was shot down…IMO this has hurt other fine establishments… Juniors Deli Westwood/WLA has closed and Jerry’s Deli on Beverly has closed…Cantors is an awesome Deli but if I have to drive & deal with Saturday traffic I am hitting The Grove/Farmers market….

Langers has probably been saved by the Subway system…Old places like Philippe’s, Langers, Olvera Street are being rediscovered thanks to an awesome Subway system…

The Gemini Method
04-16-2014, 02:58 PM
I can't believe with how amazing Canters' sandwiches, soups, and plates are just how awful their bakery is. They have this huge glass case of desserts and they're all terrible. I couldn't believe how bad their cheesecake was when I got it.

Yo. I thought I was the only one who noticed this? How could a place that makes great hearty meals fail at desserts? I don't know--maybe they don't put the same focus in desserts as they do sandwiches and whatnot.

The Gemini Method
04-16-2014, 02:59 PM
There has been no improvement on public transportation for WLA, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica etc…Even a simple plan to run a train down the middle of the 405 was shot down…IMO this has hurt other fine establishments… Juniors Deli Westwood/WLA has closed and Jerry’s Deli on Beverly has closed…Cantors is an awesome Deli but if I have to drive & deal with Saturday traffic I am hitting The Grove/Farmers market….

Langers has probably been saved by the Subway system…Old places like Philippe’s, Langers, Olvera Street are being rediscovered thanks to an awesome Subway system… Spot on. I love the Grove and the Farmers Market--especially the variety of decent eats there. I usually go to the churruscaria and pick up some tbones for NFL Sunday. Love the Farmers Market--it's a pain to get to from here but worth the trip once in a while.

baseline bum
04-16-2014, 03:38 PM
Yo. I thought I was the only one who noticed this? How could a place that makes great hearty meals fail at desserts? I don't know--maybe they don't put the same focus in desserts as they do sandwiches and whatnot.

Yeah. I mean their deserts aren't just disappointing, but genuinely bad. Their cheesecake is the worst I have ever had; even a cheesecake from the Walmart deli shits all over Canters' cheesecake.

The Gemini Method
04-16-2014, 03:40 PM
Yeah. I mean their deserts aren't just disappointing, but genuinely bad. Their cheesecake is the worst I have ever had; even a cheesecake from the Walmart deli shits all over Canters' cheesecake.

:lol I haven't had the cheesecake...but that's not surprising. I had one of the canoli and it was so crusty it must've been at least 2 weeks old...

spurraider21
04-16-2014, 04:19 PM
Is spurraider in the valley? I thought he was in Westwood
i commute. its about 18 miles from home to parking structure, but its about an hour drive

The Gemini Method
04-16-2014, 04:29 PM
i commute. its about 18 miles from home to parking structure, but its about an hour drive

Brutal commute...I hated driving up that way from here...man, if I were going to UCLA i'd have stayed in the area. Fuck dat.

spurraider21
04-16-2014, 04:31 PM
Brutal commute...I hated driving up that way from here...man, if I were going to UCLA i'd have stayed in the area. Fuck dat.
yeah as if the 405 isn't enough of a bitch (and especially with the construction going on for the past few years) i have to take the 101 just to get there :lol

The Gemini Method
04-16-2014, 04:35 PM
yeah as if the 405 isn't enough of a bitch (and especially with the construction going on for the past few years) i have to take the 101 just to get there :lol

Oh damn. Forgot about the construction on the 405--which is bad when at full function...wow sucks man I feel for you on that. Hate the 405...blech

baseline bum
04-16-2014, 06:38 PM
Damn, 101 is no picnic either, though certainly better than 405 through Sepulveda Pass. Don't miss LA traffic at all. I remember taking 3 hours to get to Anaheim one time from Westwood when some friends wanted to go watch an Angels game. Actually, longer. Left at 4:30 and made it to a 7:30 start in the bottom of the first.

baseline bum
04-16-2014, 06:44 PM
Oh damn. Forgot about the construction on the 405--which is bad when at full function...wow sucks man I feel for you on that. Hate the 405...blech

LOL, I remember watching a police chase on KCAL where the idiot got on the 405. :lol

The Gemini Method
04-17-2014, 10:02 AM
LOL, I remember watching a police chase on KCAL where the idiot got on the 405. :lol

I mean, the cuck is going to be caught but if you decide to jump on the 405, you might as well give up off the bat and save you additional charges :lol

LkrFan
04-20-2014, 07:08 AM
I don't do burritos.
:depressed

xmas1997
04-20-2014, 11:04 AM
Don't know about breakfast "burritos", but breakfast "tacos" are great.