ambchang
04-15-2014, 07:10 AM
Thunder - obvious
Heat - 6
Rockets - 0-4

Who else?

BillMc
04-15-2014, 07:19 AM
Clippers are the only other team that has a realistic chance (and even then we'd be favored).

TDMVPDPOY
04-15-2014, 08:11 AM
enrique is the obstable

04-15-2014, 08:15 AM
enrique is the obstable:lol

scanry
04-15-2014, 10:48 AM
enrique is the obstable

The aussie wanker with them daily enrique goods.

Thread
04-15-2014, 11:18 AM
Whether or not an adversary is ready to take up the hammer, acquire the tong---OR---are is that adversary a straw dog ready & willing to scoot thru the side door that Media will be holding wide fucking open. Oklahoma will act like somebody, but, all other accounts can't wait to join with Media & feat Pop. "Of course we want to win, but, at the same time we must afford a legend like Pop his due." "We're just grateful to be here. Yes." "I so admire the Spurs and their organization. They've done it the right way. You don't see them in the Lottery (hint, hint). They don't rebuild, they Pop." "I'll be grateful just to stand in the shade of Pop and learn. Yes, I've been coaching so many years, but, I can learn from Coach Pop. But, I'm really going to try and compete here." "I got the marching orders & talking point from Stern II. this morning, so I'm going to shut my hole and just show up at the arena tonight and take what's coming to me."

spurraider21
04-15-2014, 11:22 AM
Pussy already crying about shit that hasn't happened

ambchang
04-15-2014, 11:49 AM
I honestly think that, if a team somehow managed to knock off the Heat in the East, OKC should be considered the favourites for the title. They still have a below average coach, questionable plays, and a bunch of issues, but Durant and Westbrook, along with Ibaka gives them a lot of room to make errors.

The issue with the Spurs is that, as good as they are throughout the season, I can't see them playing any better, but I can see OKC and Miami (perhaps even Indiana) kicking it to another notch in the playoffs.

Point is, the Spurs are not favourites at this point, or at least they shouldn't be. I think the Spurs have a chance, but they should be considered underdogs whenever they match up against OKC and Miami.

I am not so much worried about Houston despite 0-4 because a) McHale is a horrible coach, b) Howard is a mental midget.

Horse
04-15-2014, 12:43 PM
Refs refs and refs

Horse
04-15-2014, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE=ambchang;7245436]I honestly think that, if a team somehow managed to knock off the Heat in the East, OKC should be considered the favourites for the title. They still have a below average coach, questionable plays, and a bunch of issues, but Durant and Westbrook, along with Ibaka gives them a lot of room to make errors.

The issue with the Spurs is that, as good as they are throughout the season, I can't see them playing any better, but I can see OKC and Miami (perhaps even Indiana) kicking it to another notch in the playoffs.

What in the world makes you think they can't play any better? I'm still wondering if they've tried all season. We know Tony has been coasting. Starters playing very few minutes compared to other teams. Even during the 19-game streak we were resting players. I think you will certainly see another gear as they've waited all season for the playoffs.
Point is, the Spurs are not favourites at this point, or at least they shouldn't be. I think the Spurs have a chance, but they should be considered underdogs whenever they match up against OKC and Miami.

ambchang
04-15-2014, 08:17 PM
What in the world makes you think they can't play any better? I'm still wondering if they've tried all season. We know Tony has been coasting. Starters playing very few minutes compared to other teams. Even during the 19-game streak we were resting players. I think you will certainly see another gear as they've waited all season for the playoffs.

The Spurs were running like clock work all season, and in the playoffs, even with more minutes to the "stars" doesn't guarantee a better team. The Spurs have fantastic coaching, and has really been running on all gears in the regular season. These are not a bunch of players who would get all emotional and start to play out of their minds for a few games.

As for Tony, I would rather he not go all hero mode. The greatest thing about the Spurs is the teamwork, any emphasis on one player (overly done) is a bad thing.

Killakobe81
04-15-2014, 08:30 PM
Thunder - obvious
Heat - 6
Rockets - 0-4

Who else?

Clips, if they can figure out their defense and Blake can maintain a high level of play.

Killakobe81
04-15-2014, 08:31 PM
The Spurs were running like clock work all season, and in the playoffs, even with more minutes to the "stars" doesn't guarantee a better team. The Spurs have fantastic coaching, and has really been running on all gears in the regular season. These are not a bunch of players who would get all emotional and start to play out of their minds for a few games.

As for Tony, I would rather he not go all hero mode. The greatest thing about the Spurs is the teamwork, any emphasis on one player (overly done) is a bad thing.

agree 100%. Except for the Heat and maybe OKC those two guys need to be the superstars for them to rang.

Killakobe81
04-15-2014, 08:33 PM
I honestly think that, if a team somehow managed to knock off the Heat in the East, OKC should be considered the favourites for the title. They still have a below average coach, questionable plays, and a bunch of issues, but Durant and Westbrook, along with Ibaka gives them a lot of room to make errors.

I am not so much worried about Houston despite 0-4 because a) McHale is a horrible coach, b) Howard is a mental midget.

Holy shit we agree three times in a row!!

This is the Amb, I had a grudging respect for. Not the trollin' feces flinging version that cropped up lately.

Sure you hate Kobe but it was a professional hate. Not all emo like this season.

Welcome back to the "elite" ...

Expert
04-15-2014, 09:35 PM
Whether or not an adversary is ready to take up the hammer, acquire the tong---OR---are is that adversary a straw dog ready & willing to scoot thru the side door that Media will be holding wide fucking open. Oklahoma will act like somebody, but, all other accounts can't wait to join with Media & feat Pop. "Of course we want to win, but, at the same time we must afford a legend like Pop his due." "We're just grateful to be here. Yes." "I so admire the Spurs and their organization. They've done it the right way. You don't see them in the Lottery (hint, hint). They don't rebuild, they Pop." "I'll be grateful just to stand in the shade of Pop and learn. Yes, I've been coaching so many years, but, I can learn from Coach Pop. But, I'm really going to try and compete here." "I got the marching orders & talking point from Stern II. this morning, so I'm going to shut my hole and just show up at the arena tonight and take what's coming to me."

Why don't you speak English you old wrinkled faggot.

Rogue
04-15-2014, 10:40 PM
mavs know how to beat the spurs better than any team does. yes we got "swept" by spurs during the regular season but it means just as much as the spurs' 0-4 record against the Lockets imho. Playoffs are different games completely and I imagine the hypothetic combat between spurs and mavs would be a close one, 45-55 spurs in slight favor. good news is the Spurs will not have to face them mavs until at least the WCF (even if it happens).

Thread
04-16-2014, 12:23 AM
Why don't you speak English you old wrinkled faggot.

O & 77!

Expert
04-16-2014, 06:01 AM

This is one of the worst takes I have ever read. Of course they tried all season. They have the best record in the league and very close to their franchise best. How in the hell could they get that without trying? This team is playing at its peak. They cannot play better. If they could they would have a better record against good teams.

ambchang
04-16-2014, 08:19 AM
Clips, if they can figure out their defense and Blake can maintain a high level of play.

I am still not sold on the Clippers. Don't get me wrong, they have all the components, but I still feel they are too young (Griffin and Jordan), and that a few calls that doesn't go their way will rattle them. Really depends on how Rivers and Paul can steer the ship.

Their opponents average 100ppg when they play at Staples, but 101.7 when the Clippers are on the road, which is more or less a reflection of inconsistent play of a young team. For example, the Spurs have a difference of 0.75points.

agree 100%. Except for the Heat and maybe OKC those two guys need to be the superstars for them to rang.

True, in today's league, superstars win games in the playoffs. When the opposition shuts down your offense, and the referees allow much more physical plays, only the best players who can score no matter what can get you those points. The Spurs don't really have any of those players (Parker is questionable), and the system really isn't built for that type of play anyways. The only two players who can get it done right now is Lebron and Durant/Westbrook, Harden can get you so far, but his defense is deplorable.

Holy shit we agree three times in a row!!

This is the Amb, I had a grudging respect for. Not the trollin' feces flinging version that cropped up lately.

Sure you hate Kobe but it was a professional hate. Not all emo like this season.

Welcome back to the "elite" ...

I don't troll, I just speak the truth. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean that it's not the truth.

You try to guilt trip me into saying I am trolling and such, but you see, I don't really care.

Fact is, Kobe was massively overrated for the 09-10 run. Was he the best player on his team? Sure! But MVPau was the guy that was integral to the system, like how Duncan has been the anchor of the Spurs despite the emergence of Parker.

I still think the 00-02 version of Kobe was the best there was, he was clearly a top 5 player then, probably top 3 (behind Shaq and Duncan, arguably behind Garnett and Iverson, and slightly ahead of Carter and TMac), played defense, played his role and fed off of Shaq. It's ironic that people call the 00-02 Kobe the 2nd banana (truth) while giving the top dog status to him for the 09-10 teams, when, contribution wise, Kobe did more in 00-02 than he did in 09-10.

ambchang
04-16-2014, 08:22 AM
mavs know how to beat the spurs better than any team does. yes we got "swept" by spurs during the regular season but it means just as much as the spurs' 0-4 record against the Lockets imho. Playoffs are different games completely and I imagine the hypothetic combat between spurs and mavs would be a close one, 45-55 spurs in slight favor. good news is the Spurs will not have to face them mavs until at least the WCF (even if it happens).

You still living in 2007? The Spurs had, and still have, trouble guarding mid range jumpers, which the Mavs were the best at in the late 00's. That is no longer true today.

The reason OKC and HOU are so successful against the Spurs is because they have elite athleticism and players who can really nail those mid-range jumpers. The Mavs don't have that anymore, the only matchup problem is Dirk, but then Dirk is a matchup problem for anyone and they still didn't do that well during the regular season because the rest of the team is average.

urunobili
04-16-2014, 08:27 AM
Thunder>Rockets>Clippers>Heat

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-16-2014, 08:36 AM
This is one of the worst takes I have ever read. Of course they tried all season. They have the best record in the league and very close to their franchise best. How in the hell could they get that without trying? This team is playing at its peak. They cannot play better. If they could they would have a better record against good teams.

Idk, maybe resting players in big games? Tony clearly coasting...

They can play better. & they would have a better record against the elite if we weren't injured throughout 2 months of the reg season..

Try to spin 54-11 with Kawhi in the line-up... 8-8 without.

Really shitty take, tbh..

TDMVPDPOY
04-16-2014, 08:43 AM
outside of the thunder, no team in the west pose a threat to the spurs....

should be easy 2 rounds for the spurs...

Thread
04-16-2014, 10:15 AM
outside of the thunder, no team in the west pose a threat to the spurs....

should be easy 2 rounds for the spurs...

Exactly. They'll all be too busy joinin' with Media fawning all over you---kissing your ass to actually compete at any kind of sustained level. & let's face it, that's what they're really looking for:::a side exit. Chickenshits.

I've had a sneaking suspicion shortly after I rose from the Boy last June that this will be more a coronation than a tournament.

Clipper Nation
04-16-2014, 10:17 AM
Exactly. They'll all be too busy joinin' with Media fawning all over you---kissing your ass to actually compete at any kind of sustained level. & let's face it, that's what they're really looking for:::a side exit. Chickenshits.

I've had a sneaking suspicion shortly after I rose from the Boy last June that this will be more a coronation than a tournament.
Already making excuses and nary a second of playoff basketball has been played. Christ!

Thread
04-16-2014, 10:18 AM
Already making excuses and nary a second of playoff basketball has been played. Christ!

Just checkin' assholes.

apalisoc_9
04-16-2014, 10:20 AM
Only the thunder and heat can beat the spurs IMO

Thread
04-16-2014, 10:22 AM
Only the thunder and heat can beat the spurs IMO

& even the Heat wants to lay down, but, the last time you made 'em get up out of the coffin.

tee, hee.

Leetonidas
04-16-2014, 10:25 AM

Nah, Spurs will sweep the Mavericks in the playoffs if they meet tbh not that it matters because unfortunately they won't get past Thunderefs anyway

Thread
04-16-2014, 10:34 AM
Nah, Spurs will sweep the Mavericks in the playoffs if they meet tbh not that it matters because unfortunately they won't get past Thunderefs anyway

Don't start playing the officiating card even before we have the first tip, Lee.

Have some decency.

Leetonidas
04-16-2014, 10:35 AM
C'mon Cubster, it's pretty obvious OKC is the most ref-coddled team in the league and relies heavily on FT shooting to win games

Clipper Nation
04-16-2014, 10:36 AM
Don't start playing the officiating card even before we have the first tip, Lee.

Have some decency.
You've nary room, you're already playing the Media card before the opening tip.

Thread
C'mon Cubster, it's pretty obvious OKC is the most ref-coddled team in the league and relies heavily on FT shooting to win games

You've dipped your beak in that hot gravy many a time, Lee.

Thread
You've nary room, you're already playing the Media card before the opening tip.

They have no power you dunski.

BermudaSooner
04-16-2014, 12:45 PM

hmm..19th in fouls by opponents for OKC http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/team-stat/opponent-fouls-category

and 27th in fouls http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/team-stat/fouls-category (BTW, the Spurs are #1)

But go ahead, start with your ref excuses. You guys are worse than Mack Brown and his Texcuses...."if only we had more time, we'd beat OU."

Horse
04-16-2014, 12:48 PM

That's complete horseshit. First off most of the games against the best teams were early in the season. And I don't mean they haven't played well, I just think they will raise it up even more when the playoffs start. You think Pop is gonna fuck around with rotations or rest players during the playoffs? Or not call timeouts and just see what happens? This is what they've been waiting for since the finals. I just think it would be hard to get overly excited for any reg season game after last yr.

Venti Quattro
04-16-2014, 12:50 PM
That's complete horseshit. First off most of the games against the best teams were early in the season. And I don't mean they haven't played well, I just think they will raise it up even more when the playoffs start. You think Pop is gonna fuck around with rotations or rest players during the playoffs? Or not call timeouts and just see what happens? This is what they've been waiting for since the finals. I just think it would be hard to get overly excited for any reg season game after last yr.
If the Spurs weren't trying they would be stuck in a shithole like the Lakers right now. Be thankful and eat your honey-glazed donuts.

Horse
04-16-2014, 12:52 PM
If the Spurs weren't trying they would be stuck in a shithole like the Lakers right now. Be thankful and eat your honey-glazed donuts.

They don't have to try against the lakers. And I prefer chocolate glazed.

Clipper Nation
04-16-2014, 12:53 PM
:lol You don't win 60+ games without trying.... just out of curiosity, how many wins do GNSF think they'd have if they "were" trying - 73?

Horse
04-16-2014, 12:56 PM
:lol You don't win 60+ games without trying.... just out of curiosity, how many wins do GNSF think they'd have if they "were" trying - 73?

Let me explain what I meant so even you retards can understand. I'm saying they didn't put the utmost effort in any of these games like they will come playoff time. And if they played all season without resting or scheduled losses and that kind of shit 70 would be possible.

Clipper Nation
04-16-2014, 12:57 PM
And if they played all season without resting or scheduled losses and that kind of shit 70 would be possible.
Is Krispy Kreme slipping crack into your donuts? :lmao

Venti Quattro
04-16-2014, 01:04 PM
I'm saying they didn't put the utmost effort in any of these games

try (n.)
1. make an attempt or effort to do something.

You first said that you wondered if the Spurs even tried, but now you are saying that they tried but they just didn't put their utmost effort. So which is which?

ElNono
04-16-2014, 08:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlYpKXDCEAAOoYC.jpg

Horse
04-17-2014, 12:39 PM
Is Krispy Kreme slipping crack into your donuts? :lmao

We won 62 and gave the last two away so why is 70 so unreasonable. And more important it's Dunkin Donuts not crappy kreme.

Horse
04-17-2014, 12:39 PM
try (n.)
1. make an attempt or effort to do something.

You first said that you wondered if the Spurs even tried, but now you are saying that they tried but they just didn't put their utmost effort. So which is which?

What I meant is they didn't sweat the reg season. You know like the pacers did.

ffadicted
04-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Blake can maintain a high level of play.

Good one

whitemamba
04-17-2014, 12:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlYpKXDCEAAOoYC.jpg

:lol wtf

Clipper Nation
04-17-2014, 01:39 PM
why is 70 so unreasonable.

:lol You're kidding, right? Jordan's Bulls are the only team ever to win 70+ games and they did so in a league watered down by expansion and the shortened three-point line.... of the only other teams to even reach 69 wins, one of them was another Jordan Bulls team, and the other was a stacked Lakers team with Wilt, Goodrich, and West that played in a 17-team league....

What on Earth makes you think this Spurs team would ever be able to win 70?

Expert
04-24-2014, 06:07 PM

And the retarded band plays on... out of key.