PDA

View Full Version : Bucks: Sold for $550 Million

StrengthAndHonor
04-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Damn, that's a lot of bills for a horrible franchise.

The Gemini Method
04-16-2014, 01:29 PM
The Kings went for the same amount of skrilla...2 shitty franchises goin' for mad cash...bodes well if you're looking to sell a top-tier franchise.

Venti Quattro
04-16-2014, 01:31 PM
The Kings went for the same amount of skrilla...2 shitty franchises goin' for mad cash...doesn't bode well if you're looking to sell a top-tier franchise.
If you owned a top-tier franchise you wouldn't sell them in the first place imo. It's either your franchise is:

a. good
b. generating a lot of revenue
c. both a and b

sook
04-16-2014, 01:32 PM
Greek freak has potential. I can see the bucks becoming formidable under new ownership over a couple of years and the right draft picks.

The Gemini Method
04-16-2014, 01:35 PM
If you owned a top-tier franchise you wouldn't sell them in the first place imo. It's either your franchise is:

a. good
c. both a and b

Not always true--You would sell while it is at top dollar if you aren't concerned with running the team or making decisions. You would cash out if you were going to get worth based on the inflation of sports franchise these days. I believe it's going on with some of the top-tier EPL teams. I think I meant it bodes well...not doesn't bode well.

Venti Quattro
04-16-2014, 01:35 PM
Greek freak has potential.

Nope. The only freaky thing about Greece is the amount of money they owe to the European Union, particularly their future masters Germany

sook
04-16-2014, 01:36 PM
:lol

The Gemini Method
04-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Nope. The only freaky thing about Greece is the amount of money they owe to the European Union, particularly their future masters Germany

Isn't he referring to the player? Is he going to be a star? The Milwaukee market is an hard sell to free agents...Though, their baseball team is playing well at the onset of the season.

sook
04-16-2014, 01:38 PM
Isn't he referring to the player? Is he going to be a star? The Milwaukee market is an hard sell to free agents...Though, their baseball team is playing well at the onset of the season.

I was and I think he knew that, Greece has just always been a punching bag on this forum and KBP gets a lot of credit for that :lol

Back to the discussion at hand, I'd say that Greek Freak has a 10% chance at becoming a superstar. The guy is too raw right now and we will know in a couple more years, but under the right direction he has explosive potential. Buying a Bucks franchise right now can hold the promise of becoming an OKC like success story in a couple of years to come.

Venti Quattro
04-16-2014, 01:39 PM
Not always true--You would sell while it is at top dollar if you aren't concerned with running the team or making decisions. You would cash out if you were going to get worth based on the inflation of sports franchise these days. I believe it's going on with some of the top-tier EPL teams. I think I meant it bodes well...not doesn't bode well.

This can be solved by hiring people who know what they're doing. If you're any of the above you should spend for better human capital to nourish the cash cow. You don't let go of a cash cow unless you're retarded or a slight push away to your grave. I don't mean go Manchester City's way of spending but at least don't be a fucking Arsenal

The Gemini Method
04-16-2014, 01:44 PM
This can be solved by hiring people who know what they're doing. If you're any of the above you should spend for better human capital to nourish the cash cow. You don't let go of a cash cow unless you're retarded or a slight push away to your grave. I don't mean go Manchester City's way of spending but at least don't be a fucking Arsenal

Be like the Dodgers and not like the Marlins.

sexinthatsx
04-17-2014, 01:16 AM
Lets not forget the Bucks have a good chance of landing the #1 pick. Plus, they have a lot of cap space to work with

TDMVPDPOY
04-17-2014, 01:28 AM
no way they are worth 500m when they havnt won shit lately...

i wonder whats the spurs worth if they decide to sell

scanry
04-17-2014, 01:45 AM

a. good
c. both a and b

I don't know why more owners are not cashing in tbh. Franchise owners of Utah, Charlotte, New Orleans, Indiana, Orlando, Cleveland, Philly and Memphis have nothing going on and they're still dependent on the city tax revenue. I think the Pacers get nearly $35 mil from the city to break even.

RsxPiimp
04-17-2014, 01:53 AM
And people bought the excuse that the owners were losing money.:lol

FYI, Herb could've made more $$$ in this deal.

Splits
04-17-2014, 02:02 AM
And people bought the excuse that the owners were losing money.:lol

FYI, Herb could've made more $$$ in this deal.

This.

Faggot ass 30yr old baseball "players" like Miguel Cabrera making $300+ million for standing around scratching their balls and holding a stick in their hand 4 times a day.

$48.5 is a joke, but NBA owners are fucking slave traders.

Jacob1983
04-17-2014, 02:44 AM
The Bucks own an ancient relic from 1971. That's probably why the selling price was so high.