PDA

View Full Version : NBATV: 2005-2006 schedule release special

spurschick
08-07-2005, 07:37 PM
FYI...
NBATV is doing a 2005-2006 schedule release special tomorrow (Monday) at 11am CST

Sense
08-07-2005, 07:39 PM
Damnit....

I wish there was a stream or something

>:|

boutons
08-07-2005, 07:45 PM
NBATV is not a good source for games, hardly any games at all. NBA League Pass is the only option if you want wathc NBA every night.

picnroll
08-07-2005, 07:47 PM
I'll can do an advanced previewing

Lakers - whoever
Heat - whoever
Lakers - Heat
Heat - whoever
Lakers - whoever
Lakers - whoever
Heat - whoever
Lakers - whoever
Heat - whoever

NugzFan
08-07-2005, 08:19 PM

Lakers - whoever
Heat - whoever
Lakers - Heat
Heat - whoever
Lakers - whoever
Lakers - whoever
Heat - whoever
Lakers - whoever
Heat - whoever

lol. so true.

Kori Ellis
08-07-2005, 08:23 PM
I thought the thing on NBATV was about the 2005-06 NBA schedules which are being released tomorrow .. not necessarily just about the schedule of the games that are going to be shown on NBATV.

So this whole thread is confusing me.

spurschick
08-07-2005, 08:56 PM
I thought the thing on NBATV was about the 2005-06 NBA schedules which are being released tomorrow .. not necessarily just about the schedule of the games that are going to be shown on NBATV.

So this whole thread is confusing me.

It's not about just the games on NBATV - it's simply a schedule release special. I'm not sure how the thread took a left turn.

Kori Ellis
08-07-2005, 09:07 PM
It's not about just the games on NBATV - it's simply a schedule release special. I'm not sure how the thread took a left turn.

Cool. I thought I was going crazy. I guess I'm the only one who understood it properly other than you. :lol

boutons
08-07-2005, 09:25 PM
only wimmen understand wimmen :)

Kori Ellis
08-07-2005, 11:40 PM
NBA's schedule-makers are neat to Heat

By Ira Winderman
Staff Writer
Posted August 8 2005

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-heat08aug08,0,4812778.story?coll=sfla-sports-front

For the second year in a row, the Heat has received a schedule from the NBA that provides maximum exposure and maximum rest.

Although the complete schedule will not be released by the league until noon today, several aspects already have come to light:

Nearly a third of the Heat's schedule will be nationally broadcast, with five games on ABC, 10 on ESPN and nine on TNT.

The Heat is scheduled for games on consecutive nights only 16 times, its same total of back-to-back sets as last season, which ties for the second fewest in the franchise's 18 seasons.

The Heat will be featured on three holidays: Christmas at home against the Lakers, New Year's night at home against the Timberwolves and Martin Luther King Day (Jan. 16) in Los Angeles against the Lakers.

The Heat's 82-game schedule tips off Nov. 2 in Memphis against Eddie Jones and the Grizzlies and continues the next night with a home opener against the Indiana Pacers, arguably the Heat's toughest competition in the Eastern Conference.

As has been the case in recent seasons, the bulk of the Heat's long-distance traveling will be completed during the first half of the schedule, with its only Western Conference road games in the second half of the season at Houston (Jan. 29), Dallas (Feb. 9) and Minnesota (March 21).

Every Eastern Conference team will make two South Florida appearances except the Knicks and Bulls, who visit only once (New York on Nov. 28, Chicago not until April 16).

The Heat will play at every Eastern Conference venue twice, with the exception of single visits to Indiana and Philadelphia.

It plays each of the 15 Western Conference teams once apiece home and away.

Trainwreck2100
08-07-2005, 11:55 PM

Lakers - whoever
Heat - whoever
Lakers - Heat
Heat - whoever
Lakers - whoever
Lakers - whoever
Heat - whoever
Lakers - whoever
Heat - whoever

Don't forget
Lebron-whoever
Lebron-whoever
Lebron-Heat
Lebron-Lakers
Lebron-whoever

You won't see Lebron-Spurs because they always kick the Cavs ass. I still remember when Devin Brown blocked him, hilarious. Ducks whould have been proud

gospursgojas
08-08-2005, 03:18 AM
Damn this just shows the unfairness of the leauge

TDMVPDPOY
08-08-2005, 03:58 AM
i smell stern is cookin up sum bs here for the heat to have easier road to get that playoff spot and hca

Trainwreck2100
08-08-2005, 04:00 AM
i smell stern is cookin up sum bs here for the heat to have easier road to get that playoff spot and hca

That's impossible, they have to play the same teams the same # of times as everone else in their division. 2 for West opponents 3 times for some East opponents and 4 for interdivisional. Stupidass Bobcats gotta come and fuck up the order of things.

spurschick
08-08-2005, 10:51 AM
Steve Kerr is going to be one of the panelists

Also, for anyone interested in seeing Scola play, they are showing the 2005 Spanish League Championships Game 1 - Real Madrid vs. Tau Ceramica - at various times throughout the day.

Spursman
08-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Why can't they have the schedule on the NBA website if this guy knows it all already?

spurschick
08-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Why can't they have the schedule on the NBA website if this guy knows it all already?

It is on the site

samikeyp
08-08-2005, 11:25 AM
You won't see Lebron-Spurs because they always kick the Cavs ass. I still remember when Devin Brown blocked him, hilarious. Ducks whould have been proud

November 4 on ESPN.

waly.mg
08-08-2005, 12:04 PM

Lakers - whoever
Heat - whoever
Lakers - Heat
Heat - whoever
Lakers - whoever
Lakers - whoever
Heat - whoever
Lakers - whoever
Heat - whoever

Suns - whoever
Suns - whoever
Suns - Heat
Suns - Lakers
Suns - whoever
Suns @ Lakers
Suns @ Miami

spurschick
08-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Frank Isola said he expected the Heat to be in the Finals. He also said the Lakers would be as well, if they're lucky.

waly.mg
08-08-2005, 12:15 PM
He also said the Lakers would be as well, if they're lucky.

Fishing?????????

bdubya
08-08-2005, 04:27 PM

I can picture it; saturation marketing of a 60-second spot with thumping music and <WHOOSH> sound effects...."CHRISTMAS DAY...SHAQ AND KOBE FACE TO FACE...(cue highlight reels of both as music swells) <WHOOSH> 3 PM EASTERN TIME!!!.....(oh,andforawarmupwegotarematchofthefin als)...cut to Jack Nicholson - "I LOVE THIS GAME!"

(On the bright side, it's safe to say Walton WON'T be calling the game from the Palace...thank god).