PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Are the Mavs Monta's team?

Mnky
04-16-2014, 09:52 PM
The last few games I've seen the Mavericks play, the ball has been in Monta's hands the last possession. I didn't think much of it the first time I saw it, but after a few games in a row, it left me wondering whether Monta has taken the leadership role form Nowitzki?

Tonight playing against Memphis with the no.7 seed on the line, Monta got the ball 3 times in a row with isolations play to make something happen. He finally hit it on the third one..

I couldn't help but expect the ball to be swung back to Dirk every time I see the seconds winding down with the game on the line.. I haven't watched the Mavs all year, so don't know if this is a recent trend, or a season trend.

Who'd you rather have taking the last shot? Maybe I've seen Nowitzki make too many clutch shots, and I'm bias..but I think it's a no-brainer to give the ball to Dirk, even in this point of his career..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-16-2014, 09:53 PM
:lol

Darth_Pelican
04-16-2014, 09:54 PM
sup HH

Killakobe81
04-16-2014, 09:57 PM
Montae is the better creator Dirk the better shot maker ...

Dirk/Montae pnr is pretty sick ...

Mnky
04-16-2014, 09:57 PM
:lol

Yea, that's how I felt when I saw Monta chucking those off balance shots.. I guess they got more faith in him than I realized. He's definitely a play maker.

Mnky
04-16-2014, 09:58 PM
Montae is the better creator Dirk the better shot maker ...

Dirk/Montae pnr is pretty sick ...

Tru dat. They both got range, midrange, and an unconventional way of getting layups. Monta got a pretty quick burst too.

Mnky
04-16-2014, 10:05 PM
Good Call OP. Monta with two game winners at the end. Missed both. Times are changing..

sexinthatsx
04-16-2014, 10:15 PM
Since Mavs are playing the Spurs first round, Monta can chuck all he wants. I'm just scared of Dirk lol

Jerry Sandusky
04-17-2014, 04:05 AM
That's why Monta fits the role of sixth man better than the starting SG. Mavs are getting eliminated anyway, but they can at least avoid being swept (like what happened in the regular season) if they reduce Monta's role to what he is made to be.

Mnky
04-18-2014, 01:33 AM
I think a 6th man role of ala Manu Ginobilli would fit him well.. can be a suitable closer if need be.

CitizenDwayne
04-18-2014, 01:50 AM
I sure hope so.

Franklin
04-18-2014, 08:57 AM
That's why Monta fits the role of sixth man better than the starting SG. Mavs are getting eliminated anyway, but they can at least avoid being swept (like what happened in the regular season) if they reduce Monta's role to what he is made to be.

I think a 6th man role of ala Manu Ginobilli would fit him well.. can be a suitable closer if need be.
Agree with you guys. Monta is like a Friedrich Paulus type of guy who could make an excellent chief of staff (the sidekick to a great player on the basketball court), but when such a guy takes the primary role you know you're gonna be in trouble.

Mnky
04-19-2014, 03:52 AM
but when such a guy takes the primary role you know you're gonna be in trouble.

Trouble = Spurs in the 1st Round.