PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone question

gospursgojas
08-08-2005, 03:44 AM
My Mom's phone fell off the table the other day, and it broke/seperated at the joint (flip phone). She has an old clunker of a phone that for some reason she wants to use now instead of getting a new one. Can you switch phone lines over to any phone, or does it have to be one from that company, which is Sprint BTW??? And is this old phone that looks like its from about '99 or '00, to old to use???

Trainwreck2100
08-08-2005, 03:47 AM
My Mom's phone fell off the table the other day, and it broke/seperated at the joint (flip phone). She has an old clunker of a phone that for some reason she wants to use now instead of getting a new one. Can you switch phone lines over to any phone, or does it have to be one from that company, which is Sprint BTW??? And is this old phone that looks like its from about '99 or '00, to old to use???

If it's a Sprint phone that she has she should be able to switch it. My brother did that just by calling Sprint,he switched up though.

gospursgojas
08-08-2005, 03:52 AM
cool I told her to call tomorrow so I hope they hook her up

Ginofan
08-08-2005, 06:10 AM
As long as it's still a PCS or Digital phone it should be easy for them to switch the number to.

SpursWoman
08-08-2005, 06:15 AM
Does she pay the $5/mo for the equipment replacement program?

orhe
08-08-2005, 06:22 AM
hmm...
doesn't phones over there have a simm card...

orhe
08-08-2005, 06:34 AM
anyway just ask her to buy a new cell :)

MannyIsGod
08-08-2005, 08:53 AM
They can definetly switch it, but I would call up Sprint, haggle with them for awhile, and you will probably walk away with a credit for a new phone. Oh, and call when you don't have to deal with the Indian call center because they never get shit straight.

TheTruth
08-08-2005, 09:19 AM
I sold cell phones a few years ago and every cell phone provider programs there phones so that they can't be switched to a different provider. It has been a few years, so things may have changed.

Trainwreck2100
08-08-2005, 09:33 AM
hmm...

not sprints

CavsSuperFan
08-08-2005, 01:02 PM
I agree with Manny...Everything is negotiable...You don’t get if you don’t ask... (This does not apply to marriage though).... :lol

I break my cell every year or so...They want to sign you up to a new plan with a year commitment to replace it...I tell them that I never agree to those terms...The manager comes out, they give me a new phone, coupons for free stuff & they waive the commitment BS...

I was with ATT for years & switched to Verizon because they have better coverage in the areas I make calls...That should be your 1st consideration...The best coverage where you actually use your cell the most...

atlfan25
08-08-2005, 01:04 PM
not sprints
or verizon, any cdma carrier

SWC Bonfire
08-08-2005, 01:35 PM
hmm...

You are obviously mistaking us for a country with a standardized telecommunication system.

ShoogarBear
08-08-2005, 01:39 PM
I had a friend who's daughter's phone was having battery problems. It was about 4 years old.

Her husband to it in to T-Mobile (I think), and they said, "this phone is too old, we don't support it any more, you have to buy a new one".

He said, "waddya mean, my wife has the exact same kind of phone?"

The next day his wife's phone stopped working.