PDA

View Full Version : What if...

dg7md
04-18-2014, 07:23 AM
What if we lose in the first round? The second? The third? The Finals?

How will this affect your life, personally? All season we were chomping at the bit for a chance to have redemption for the lost ring last year so it seems like inspiration. However, if we falter, which we are able to do, what then?

If we lose this year, I think it'll really put us back into the 2008-2011 years for a long time, which is unfortunate given this is likely one of the last runs of the big 3.

I mean, it seems like it was just yesterday Parker claimed they would never go back to the Finals, and here we are now, the top of the league.

This push seems like it might be too good to be true, I mean, we dominated this year, sans a few problems with the Rockets and Thunder and honestly, I just have the worst fears that we're going to get knocked out in the WCF only to have the Thunder go on and lose to the "amazing" Heat, which still stands as one of the worst powerful teams in the history of championship lineages. The Heat just seem to get lucky breaks on a regular basis. We exposed them last year pretty sizeably, it's just a shame we were on the receiving end of their lucky breaks.

Luckily, if we win, I think it washes our bad memories of last year, putting a final mark next to the lineage of Tim Duncan. But... we can lose.

Anyway, what if this happens? What will you do?

KaiRMD1
04-18-2014, 07:29 AM
I'll be mad but move on

Baam
04-18-2014, 07:46 AM
Can't be any worse than 6 so there's that...

The_Worlds_finest
04-18-2014, 07:48 AM
Great intriguing title, followed up with thought provoking content. A+ thread will read again.

Blizzardwizard
04-18-2014, 07:50 AM
I am enjoying the run while it lasts. 4 rings is more than enough in what has been such a great run. 5 would just be bonus.

Prime Time
04-18-2014, 07:56 AM
I stopped letting the outcome of Spurs games affect my personal life once I realized how much these NBA Players truly get paid lol.

EVAY
04-18-2014, 09:32 AM
I will feel sad for the team members because they want it so much.

I will feel pissed at spurs fans who diss any team player and try to blame one person or two people on the team if they don't go all the way.

Other than that, it will not impact my personal life one iota. It is a %$^^ing basketball series, for pete's sake.

EVAY
04-18-2014, 09:36 AM
I was with my granddaughter at the famous playoff game in which Manu put us three points up on Dallas in waning seconds of the 4th quarter and then fouled Dirk on a two point layup attempt with zero time left in regulation. The game went to overtime and we lost to Dallas. At the time, it was the equivalent of "game six of the 2013 finals". I knew we wouldn't come back from that and we didn't.

I carried my granddaughter up the stairs, feeling horrible. I met her dad and gave her to him, got in my car and was fine by the time I got home.

S*^t happens. I always know it impacts the players and coaches' lives more than mine.

RD2191
04-18-2014, 09:37 AM
Pop will become overrated in my eyes, tbh. Especially if he gets his ass handed to him by the Thunder again.

Spanklin
04-18-2014, 10:15 AM
I am enjoying the run while it lasts. 4 rings is more than enough in what has been such a great run. 5 would just be bonus.

I stopped letting the outcome of Spurs games affect my personal life once I realized how much these NBA Players truly get paid lol.

I will feel sad for the team members because they want it so much.

I will feel pissed at spurs fans who diss any team player and try to blame one person or two people on the team if they don't go all the way.

Other than that, it will not impact my personal life one iota. It is a %$^^ing basketball series, for pete's sake.

Most Spurs fans have resigned to the fact that this team most likely won't win another ring. Play it off however you may.

Budkin
04-18-2014, 10:19 AM
Can't be any worse than 6 so there's that...

This. The only thing that could be worse than losing the way we did would be to lose on a full court buzzer beater in Game 7. Please God don't let there be a 7.

Leetonidas
04-18-2014, 10:21 AM
Life will continue on. What kind of question is this tbh? Although that emo fuck kobyz will probably kill himself, not even joking

superbigtime
04-18-2014, 10:22 AM
Spurs fans need to understand that getting eliminated is more likely than winning it all. Last year has nothing to do with this year. We're going to have to get by some tough teams to get to the Finals (houston, okc). Being robbed by bad luck last year doesn't entitle this team to shit. They are going to have to figure it out all over again. I do think this team is highly motivated and will never take a lead for granted, Pop included. All we can do is hope for health, execution, and some good luck this time! If they do lose, it won't kill me, but I will be disappointed for the players and all true Spurs fans. That being said, nothing good comes from thinking 'what if.'

Spur|n|Austin
04-18-2014, 10:32 AM
Honestly, it would hurt. I don't think any loss will ever compare to last year's, so I've got that going for me, but anything but one last championship this season would blow goats for quarters.

Budkin
04-18-2014, 10:52 AM
Life will continue on. What kind of question is this tbh? Although that emo fuck kobyz will probably kill himself, not even joking

:lol kobyz If he didn't go through with it last year I don't know what it will take.

TampaDude
04-18-2014, 02:46 PM
Fuck it...we ARE winning it all this year! Bookmark this fucking post, bitches! :hat

rayray2k8
04-18-2014, 02:50 PM
I'll move on to football season...
But all kidding aside, it wouldn't be as disappointing as seeing Tim Duncan retire and know that 21 won't be in the starting 5 in the near future.
Ponder that.

Budkin
04-18-2014, 02:54 PM
Fuck it...we ARE winning it all this year! Bookmark this fucking post, bitches! :hat

TampaDude with the goods. For realz y'all. :tu

Horry Hipcheck
04-18-2014, 04:01 PM
It's more likely to happen than the Spurs winning it all, and last year I spent a couple of days really focusing on not letting the outcome of a game affect me. I'm prepared for the Spurs to lose. Duncan's retirement will suck, though. Even more if he takes Pop with him.

ElNono
04-18-2014, 04:02 PM
It's Manu's fault...

LarryDavid
04-18-2014, 05:27 PM
What if we lose in the first round? The second? The third? The Finals?

How will this affect your life, personally? All season we were chomping at the bit for a chance to have redemption for the lost ring last year so it seems like inspiration. However, if we falter, which we are able to do, what then?

Anyway, what if this happens? What will you do?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1f/Suicide_bag.jpg/300px-Suicide_bag.jpg

Axegrinder
04-18-2014, 05:35 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1f/Suicide_bag.jpg/300px-Suicide_bag.jpg

thats a california cabbage

hater
04-18-2014, 05:41 PM
It's Manu's fault...

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2014/0306/nba_g_heatspurs_608x342.jpg

SpursRock20
04-18-2014, 05:44 PM
Honestly, it would hurt. I don't think any loss will ever compare to last year's, so I've got that going for me, but anything but one last championship this season would blow goats for quarters.
this

04-18-2014, 06:22 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2014/0306/nba_g_heatspurs_608x342.jpg
:lol

CitizenDwayne
04-18-2014, 06:24 PM
How about we just ride it out and see what happens? It's pointless to discuss these things.

BatManu20
04-18-2014, 06:32 PM
tbh

http://slickzine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Cliff-Jumping2.gif

Splits
04-18-2014, 08:38 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4zcqeLiwU1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Sybok
04-18-2014, 09:26 PM
1st round: I'll be like :lmao

2nd round: I'll be like :lol

WCF I'll be like: :wakeup