PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Breakout star in the playoffs?..

Malik Hairston
04-18-2014, 11:03 PM
I keep hearing John Wall, but I don't really believe in him, tbh, especially against the best defensive coach in the league..

I'll go with DeMonkey Jordan..he's overrated and very flawed, but he has a favourable matchup against the Warriors, and I think he'll be able to stay on the floor and play well against the Thunder..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-18-2014, 11:04 PM
I think Crawford could, or someone like Lowry.. but I have a strange feeling Ginobili is going to break out.

apalisoc_9
04-18-2014, 11:05 PM
Kawhi Leonard

Clipper Nation
04-18-2014, 11:05 PM
The Warriors actually aren't a favorable matchup for DeContract, since Mark Jackass will undoubtedly run the Hack-a-DJ strategy into the ground, tbh.... personally, I expect that low-IQ albatross to disappear in yet another postseason and still get zero criticism :lol

Clipper Nation
04-18-2014, 11:06 PM
but I have a strange feeling Ginobili is going to break out.

That "strange feeling" is just the boner you get whenever Turnobili is mentioned :lol

rogues
04-18-2014, 11:08 PM
That "strange feeling" is just the boner you get whenever Turnobili is mentioned :lol
:lmao It literally gets Frizzell up, tbh..

rogues
04-18-2014, 11:09 PM
Kawhi Leonard
You should let him fuck your girl, tbh..

spurraider21
04-18-2014, 11:10 PM
Want to see if Terrence jones can repeat some of those regular season performances on the big stage. Dude made a name for himself and can only get better

IrisHockey
04-18-2014, 11:11 PM
You should let him fuck your girl, tbh..

:lmao I'm convinced he's become more than just a dedicated fan.

It's creepy as fuck, almost like that guy years ago who threatened his family members over an this forum..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-18-2014, 11:11 PM
Kawhi Leonard

Yea, Kawhi is probably a given.

spurraider21
04-18-2014, 11:12 PM
Might be cheating to go with a guy that's been as great as Blake, but he still has doubters everywhere. I think with a good postseason to get him more exposure outside of just sportscenter he can cement his status as a legit #1 and the "lol he can only dunk" faggots will desappear

Malik Hairston
04-18-2014, 11:17 PM
The Warriors actually aren't a favorable matchup for DeContract, since Mark Jackass will undoubtedly run the Hack-a-DJ strategy into the ground, tbh.... personally, I expect that low-IQ albatross to disappear in yet another postseason and still get zero criticism :lol

I think he'll be matched up against David Lee a lot, I doubt they run Jermaine O'Neal too much, Jordan should be able to feast on the boards and dunks..

Malik Hairston
04-18-2014, 11:17 PM

It's creepy as fuck, almost like that guy years ago who threatened his family members over an this forum..

:lmao..

IrisHockey
04-18-2014, 11:22 PM
Maybe it's just an internet ego at work.. I hope the guy doesn't have Kawhi Leonard jerseys, dolls, posters lying in his living room... I mean, for years I thought Mono was the biggest prick on earth until I listened to his soft, friendly voice on the radio show..

apalisoc_9
04-18-2014, 11:34 PM

who and when did this happen? :wow

Splits
04-19-2014, 12:27 AM
Bradley Beal. Book it.

TDMVPDPOY
04-19-2014, 12:54 AM
Kawhi Leonard

turnoboli didnt get a breakout year cause of a ballhog on the team

what makes u think kl will breakout when enrique is still on the team?

only chance of that happenning is pop pulling him out or sitting on the bench in street clothes, cant afford to have him at home cause we all know what happen the last time he did that...

CitizenDwayne
04-19-2014, 01:00 AM
Jason Collins

sook
04-19-2014, 01:03 AM
Terrence Jones.

Venti Quattro
04-19-2014, 01:09 AM
Jonas Valanciunas

egtonecity
04-19-2014, 01:14 AM
Breakouts Star? Kd, obviously.

Splits
04-19-2014, 01:20 AM
Breakouts Star? Kd, obviously.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1280228/zit-pop-o.gif

ElNono
04-19-2014, 01:27 AM
Should Harden be in this convo? He had a great WCF two years ago as the 6th man, but he completely fizzled in the Finals, and last season he was pretty damn awful in the clutch for Houston, including a lot of critical turnovers that prevented Houston from winning that series...

I think he's a legitimate star in the league but he's been underwhelming as the #1 guy in the playoffs... You could also make that argument for CP3 easily...

Of the lesser known, I like Bradley Beal a lot... haven't looked at his stats or anything like that, but I've seen him take over games for the Wiz... instant offense and such a smooth jumper. He can score from seemingly anywhere.

scanry
04-19-2014, 01:40 AM
I'm going to go with Chris Paul. Mark Jackson will probably put Klay on him to bother him with length, but i get the feeling he might break out cause he's well rested unlike the previous 2 seasons when Vinny ran him to the ground. Blake should rest and go apeshit against the thunder tbh.

Killakobe81
04-19-2014, 01:44 AM
West? Lilard
East? Beal

scanry
04-19-2014, 01:51 AM
I keep hearing John Wall, but I don't really believe in him, tbh, especially against the best defensive coach in the league..

I'll go with DeMonkey Jordan..he's overrated and very flawed, but he has a favourable matchup against the Warriors, and I think he'll be able to stay on the floor and play well against the Thunder..

Harlem, he has flaws but i think Doc has taken it upon himself to infuse some brain cells into that lard tbh. Decontract has actually played some D this season and he's the number 1 rebounder in the league. :wow

Not counting Blake's improvement, he's actually the reason why the Clippers look a little more legit than before. That OKC/LAC series is going to be good tbh. If he can rattle the spear chucker and take him out, i like their chances.

lefty
04-19-2014, 01:55 AM
that dude :cry

sendman
04-19-2014, 02:07 AM
Beno fuckin Udrih!

sook
04-19-2014, 03:15 AM
Should Harden be in this convo? He had a great WCF two years ago as the 6th man, but he completely fizzled in the Finals, and last season he was pretty damn awful in the clutch for Houston, including a lot of critical turnovers that prevented Houston from winning that series...

I think he's a legitimate star in the league but he's been underwhelming as the #1 guy in the playoffs... You could also make that argument for CP3 easily...

Of the lesser known, I like Bradley Beal a lot... haven't looked at his stats or anything like that, but I've seen him take over games for the Wiz... instant offense and such a smooth jumper. He can score from seemingly anywhere.

Harden has been one of the clutchest players in the league this year, all that investing into his isos last year was worth something after all :lol

He's also just a hair behind KD for 4th qrtr scoring. At this point he has far more to lose than to gain. "Breakout" for him can be defined if he starts averaging 38-40ppg in the post season. Right now he can get a solid 28-33 anytime.

ElNono
04-19-2014, 03:53 AM
Harden has been one of the clutchest players in the league this year, all that investing into his isos last year was worth something after all :lol

He's also just a hair behind KD for 4th qrtr scoring. At this point he has far more to lose than to gain. "Breakout" for him can be defined if he starts averaging 38-40ppg in the post season. Right now he can get a solid 28-33 anytime.

He's one of the great offensive players in the league, IMO... I still don't think he wants it as badly as, say, KD... he really needs to clean up his shit defensively, looks like he doesn't even care, tbh...

sook
04-19-2014, 04:01 AM
He's one of the great offensive players in the league, IMO... I still don't think he wants it as badly as, say, KD... he really needs to clean up his shit defensively, looks like he doesn't even care, tbh...

Well, KD is on a whole tier above him. I don't think Harden can ever be as good as KD offensively, who is one of the GOATs in that aspect (efficiency + production). Regarding his defense, I'm not sure what pass I can give him but I'm pretty sure it has a lot to do with carrying such an offensive burden that he reserves his energy, because in the 4th Q he has more than shown to be a great defender. Hopefully we'll see that consistently throughout the POs.

djohn2oo8
04-19-2014, 04:44 AM
Harden honestly has A LOT still to prove. And the playoffs are where he needs to do it now.

ElNono
04-19-2014, 04:45 AM
Well, KD is on a whole tier above him. I don't think Harden can ever be as good as KD offensively, who is one of the GOATs in that aspect (efficiency + production). Regarding his defense, I'm not sure what pass I can give him but I'm pretty sure it has a lot to do with carrying such an offensive burden that he reserves his energy, because in the 4th Q he has more than shown to be a great defender. Hopefully we'll see that consistently throughout the POs.

Nah, I'm not comparing players, just the "wanting it" aspect... I see KD on a mission... Sometimes I look at Harden and he plays pretty casual, even when the game is on the line. Not saying he doesn't want to win, I just don't see the same hunger that I see in other guys.... Dwight is kinda the same, IMO.

djohn2oo8
04-19-2014, 05:28 AM
Nah, I'm not comparing players, just the "wanting it" aspect... I see KD on a mission... Sometimes I look at Harden and he plays pretty casual, even when the game is on the line. Not saying he doesn't want to win, I just don't see the same hunger that I see in other guys.... Dwight is kinda the same, IMO.

While its true Harden plays too casual at times, he always turns it on in the 4th quarter. He spends most of the first 3 getting his teammates involved. That's where he has grown the most and hopefully it continues into the playoffs

scanry
04-19-2014, 06:12 AM
While its true Harden plays too casual at times, he always turns it on in the 4th quarter. He spends most of the first 3 getting his teammates involved. That's where he has grown the most and hopefully it continues into the playoffs

He's at where Durant was in 2012 tbh. Dude will probably turn it up next season imo. Now that Dwight is settled, i see them wining 60 games next season.

Looks like Durant is on a mission this season.

Killakobe81
04-22-2014, 11:22 PM
West? Lilard
East? Beal
So far, so good ...

Splits
04-22-2014, 11:24 PM
So far, so good ...

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2517195/roseclaps.gif

monosylab1k
04-22-2014, 11:32 PM
Beal is ballin but he won't ever amount to more than a chucker for a non contender in his career. He will always be John Wall's kryptonite, a lesser Westbrook to Wall's Durant, if you will.

Killakobe81
04-22-2014, 11:36 PM
Beal is ballin but he won't ever amount to more than a chucker for a non contender in his career. He will always be John Wall's kryptonite, a lesser Westbrook to Wall's Durant, if you will.
Beal is a more efficient player and less reckless. Plus his stroke is buttery smooth.

monosylab1k
04-22-2014, 11:41 PM
Beal is a more efficient player and less reckless. Plus his stroke is buttery smooth.

He's playing terrific and has a bright future. I love Beal & Wall and really enjoy watching the Wizards. But in the end Beal is a chucker at heart. And chuckers rarely contribute significantly to title teams.

Maybe when he's a 30-something year old vet in a reduced role, but no time in the near future.

ElNono
04-22-2014, 11:47 PM
I think Beal can play better... agree with Mono, sometimes his shot selection make him look like prime Monta, tbh...

Robz4000
04-22-2014, 11:49 PM
Bradley Beal. Book it.

West? Lilard
East? Beal

Beno fuckin Udrih!

^-----:lmao

:tu

Chinook
04-23-2014, 12:01 AM
Teague and Millsap deserve some consideration. Teague especially will fool folks into thinking he's a star if he continues this pace for the rest of the series.

Clipper Nation
04-23-2014, 12:23 AM
If he stops shooting so many long twos he'll be a much better player, but Wittman is too dumb to point that out to him....

Calispursfan11
04-23-2014, 12:29 AM

http://www.troll.me/images/pissed-off-obama/you-just-got-banned.jpg

Mnky
04-23-2014, 01:01 AM
D.J. Augustine the only reason the Bulls were competitive tonight tbh..

DJR210
04-23-2014, 01:06 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1280228/zit-pop-o.gif

You fucking bastard.

hater
04-23-2014, 02:22 AM
Jeffrey Ayres

Sean Cagney
04-23-2014, 02:26 AM
Bradley Beal.. Period.

TDMVPDPOY
04-23-2014, 06:22 AM
fellas mentioning the chuckas....

thats how u get a max contract....

ambchang
04-23-2014, 06:43 AM
Nene is doing quite well as well.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-23-2014, 06:47 AM
Did we mention LaMarcus Aldridge yet?

Killakobe81
04-23-2014, 08:23 AM
Did we mention LaMarcus Aldridge yet?

I thought of him over Lilard and Wall over Beal but those guys both have made all-star teams ... so for me, "break-out" is more like what PG did last year.
Yes Harden, aldridge, etc. are worthy players but to me if you are a perennial all-star or close not truly a breakout player because those guys are expected to "ball".

Floyd Pacquiao
04-23-2014, 08:33 AM
I thought oh him over Lilard and Wall over Beal but those guys both have made all-star teams ... so for me, "break-out" is more like what PG did last year.
Yes Harden, aldridge, etc. are worthy players but to me if you are a perennial all-star or close not truly a breakout player because those guys are expected to "ball".

True true...

ElNono
04-23-2014, 11:18 PM

:hat

spurraider21
04-23-2014, 11:29 PM
:lol

Killakobe81
04-24-2014, 12:06 AM

No.

Killakobe81
04-24-2014, 12:07 AM
but yes you did mention his foibles, El

Malik Hairston
04-30-2014, 12:18 AM

DeMonkey with the best game of his career, tbh, he was a monster tonight..

Robz4000
04-30-2014, 12:23 AM
:lol who'd of thought Demonkey Jordan would be putting up 20/20 in a game 5?

midnightpulp
04-30-2014, 12:24 AM
Good call.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-30-2014, 12:50 AM

time to :spin so far

Clipper Nation
04-30-2014, 12:55 AM
DeMonkey with the best game of his career, tbh, he was a monster tonight..

Gotta give props, I expected him to shrink again in the playoffs, but with the exception of Game 4, he's been hugely improved from the last couple years.... I also love how he trolls Mark Jackass by making the free throws every time he gets hacked :lol

HI-FI
04-30-2014, 12:59 AM
Gotta give props, I expected him to shrink again in the playoffs, but with the exception of Game 4, he's been hugely improved from the last couple years.... I also love how he trolls Mark Jackass by making the free throws every time he gets hacked :lol
you gotta be kidding with that sig.

Technique
04-30-2014, 01:00 AM
gay sig

Technique
04-30-2014, 01:00 AM
homo ass niggas

Clipper Nation
04-30-2014, 01:02 AM
gay sig
gay white pants

IrisHockey
04-30-2014, 01:05 AM
:lol what's wrong with it? CN knows this is his best chance at a finals berth with SA struggling and OKC on the brink.

Clipper Nation
04-30-2014, 01:22 AM
you gotta be kidding with that sig.
:lol People didn't like my LeBron sig and now don't like my Clipper sig.... lose-lose, tbh....

RsxPiimp
04-30-2014, 02:34 AM
:lol who'd of thought Demonkey Jordan would be putting up 20/20 in a game 5?

Bogut-Less Warriors tbh.

Lets see how he does against Memphis, should they advance.

I'm guessing he goes back to DeContract Jordan. :lol

The Gemini Method
04-30-2014, 10:53 AM
John Wall has arrived though...dude is legit.

sexinthatsx
04-30-2014, 02:06 PM
Lemarcus Aldridge tbch...

Kidd K
04-30-2014, 07:13 PM

Against terrible defensive PGs like Augustine, yeah. Almost every decent PG that goes against the Bulls looks like a billion dollars.

Malik Hairston
04-30-2014, 07:17 PM
John Wall actually hasn't been anything special in the playoffs, so far..

Nene, Beal and Ariza were all arguably better than him in the Bulls series IMO..

Robz4000
04-30-2014, 09:28 PM
Splitter should actually be in the discussion tbh. Without him the Spurs would've been swept.

100%duncan
05-01-2014, 09:23 AM
Splitter, Manu, Teague, Beal.

AchillesHeel
05-01-2014, 09:49 AM

19 & 7 on 36% shooting?

Chinook
05-01-2014, 09:54 AM
Don't see how it's not Millsap right now. That dude is lighting it up so far. Teague's there as well. I guess it depends on how they do in a potential second-round matchup with the Wizards, but right now, I'd take Millsap. You don't lead a team to a huge upset and not deserve recognition.

05-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Kyle Lowry

The Gemini Method
05-01-2014, 10:16 AM
Against terrible defensive PGs like Augustine, yeah. Almost every decent PG that goes against the Bulls looks like a billion dollars.

19 & 7 on 36% shooting?

C'mon it's the Washington Wizards. He gets a little credit just leading them to a series victory alongside Beal/Nene/Gortat. Firstly, though, I was semi-sarcastic.

Kidd K
05-01-2014, 03:57 PM
C'mon it's the Washington Wizards. He gets a little credit just leading them to a series victory alongside Beal/Nene/Gortat. Firstly, though, I was semi-sarcastic.

I see your point man, but I just wanted to make me to. Bulls are good on D' except against PGs. Without Rose, the Bulls are just really flawed.

East is shitty too though. I think their series are good this year for the opposite reason the west is. West has strong lower seeds, east has weak lower seeds AND weak higher seeds. Imo the Grizzlies and Mavs would probably beat every east team in a series except Miami. :\

The Gemini Method
05-01-2014, 04:15 PM
It's still the Wizards...who have won all but 3 playoff series in 30+ years!!!

Killakobe81
05-03-2014, 01:06 AM
West? Lilard
East? Beal

Bump