PDA

View Full Version : Bonner out of rotation may = championship

poop
04-19-2014, 08:23 PM
He has always been the albatross. Ive always said this. For the first time, he appears to be out of the rotation.

Spurs 2014 NBA Champs once again!

silverblk mystix
04-19-2014, 08:38 PM
He has always been the albatross. Ive always said this. For the first time, he appears to be out of the rotation.

Spurs 2014 NBA Champs once again!

Agreed.

I also said - "no team with Bonner in the regular rotation will ever win a title"

Unfortunately -

Pop is still coaching....

but maybe Pop will not choke this year - and everyone will call him a genius again...

Solid D
04-19-2014, 09:18 PM
Agreed.

I also said - "no team with Bonner in the regular rotation will ever win a title"

Unfortunately -

but maybe Pop will not choke this year - and everyone will call him a genius again...

Lol clown

PingPong
04-19-2014, 09:18 PM
No Duncan on the court = Spurs lose.

Sean Cagney
04-19-2014, 10:23 PM
He hardly played in the playoffs last year sides the LA or even Memphis Series, the faster matchups he was on the bench glued! I liked that role alot better. We know he is not great in the playoffs, but he can play in blowouts or if the matchup is right.

therealtruth
04-19-2014, 10:23 PM
No Duncan on the court = Spurs lose.

I would have accepted loosing with Duncan out there. I believe his will to win (see his game 6 performance) and defensive acumen would have made up for any steps he's lost. Plus he's a pretty good rebounder.

Now for the guys who were actually out there, their speed couldn't make up for their lack of defensive acumen or rebounding ability.

dallasmaverickslose
04-19-2014, 10:48 PM
Coach Bonner!!

TimmyDuncan21
04-19-2014, 10:53 PM
Agreed.

Unfortunately -

o0o ok so pop is the reason they lost last year?? ok got it..... :lmao

phyzik
04-19-2014, 11:03 PM

Yes, he is the reason we lost last year.... You DO NOT take Duncan out of a game with only 28 seconds left in order to "preserve" him. You leave his ass in for 28 seconds to insure the win. Especially for a chance at a ring. Pulling Duncan was Pop's most asinine move in his tenure as coach.

TimmyDuncan21
04-19-2014, 11:10 PM
Yes, he is the reason we lost last year.... You DO NOT take Duncan out of a game with only 28 seconds left in order to "preserve" him. You leave his ass in for 28 seconds to insure the win. Especially for a chance at a ring. Pulling Duncan was Pop's most asinine move in his tenure as coach.

Yes I remember him taking him out...but the players are the ones who play in the games, I also remember only 2-3 spurs on the roster playing good ball in games 6 and 7.

and im sure you remember most the team playing like shit in games 6 and 7

phyzik
04-19-2014, 11:11 PM
Yes I remember him taking him out...but the players are the ones who play in the games, I also remember only 2-3 spurs on the roster playing good ball in games 6 and 7.

and im sure you remember most the team playing like shit in games 6 and 7

All the more reason how stupid it was to pull Duncan out of the game.

I'm not a Pop hater, he is the greatest coach in the NBA, even if Phil Jackson was still coaching, but I call stupid when I see it.

SpurPadre
04-19-2014, 11:30 PM
Coach Bonner!!

What is he gonna coach? The art of missing wide open shots like it's a bodily function? How to have a deer in headlights look on the court?

dg7md
04-20-2014, 07:30 AM
He hardly played in the playoffs last year sides the LA or even Memphis Series

Which is fucking crazy because I remember every second he was in and I felt dread it each time. The minutes were like hours...

silverblk mystix
04-20-2014, 07:41 AM

Where have you been the last few months?

Of course Pop is the reason.

Players won the title - all Pop had to do was sit down and shut up and celebrate and allow the players to finish the game and the title they had just won...

but Pop couldn't or wouldn't allow that...

Pop happened.

dg7md
04-20-2014, 07:48 AM
Placing the blame on Pop for our meltdown is stupid tbh.

Ginobili and Leonard could have wrapped it up with one made FT, and a ball bounced out of our direction. No guarantees Duncan gets that board.