PDA

View Full Version : MNF tonight

sa_butta
08-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Anyone watching the game tonight or want to get together for the game somewhere? I am a Dolphins fan and I want to watch the game somewhere.

samikeyp
08-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Thank God! I know its preseason but hey, its NFL football.

sa_butta
08-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Shit I cant wait its been too long.

Spam
08-08-2005, 12:29 PM
Can't miss Las Vegas and CSI.

mookie2001
08-08-2005, 12:30 PM
can ricky play?

SWC Bonfire
08-08-2005, 12:34 PM
can ricky play?

I think so. I believe that his suspension is for regular season games.

sa_butta
08-08-2005, 12:56 PM
yes he will some action tonight the suspension begins during the regular season for 4 games.

mookie2001
08-08-2005, 01:56 PM
good
i think ronnie brown isnt even signed yet

sa_butta
08-08-2005, 02:04 PM
good
i think ronnie brown isnt even signed yetthat is correct he is not and neither is Cedric Benson for the Bears.

mookie2001
08-08-2005, 02:07 PM
braylon too
i dont know what theyre waiting for i thought they were all just waiting for Alex Smith

tlongII
08-08-2005, 02:08 PM
I don't like pre-season football. The starters play for only 1 quarter usually.

SWC Bonfire
08-08-2005, 02:16 PM
^^^More like 1 series, if at all for this game.

sa_butta
08-08-2005, 02:25 PM
^^^More like 1 series, if at all for this game.actually the QB's will play most of the first half.

http://www.finheaven.com/cms/171.html

Scouting the Chicago Bears
Quarterback Rex Grossman will be on the field for the first time since tearing his ACL against the Vikings in Week 3. His knee has looked completely healthy during camp.

The Bears' most notable free agent acquisition this off-season was former Carolina Panther Mushin Muhammad. The pro-bowl wide receiver will wear the navy blue, orange, and white for the first time Monday night. After witnessing Pro Bowl teammate Steve Smith go down with injury, Muhammad responded with a career season in 2004, hauling in 93 receptions for 1,405 yards and 16 TDs.

Brian Urlacher only managed to stay healthy for nine games last season for Lovie Smith’s team. The top-tier linebacker hopes that his sixth season will be his most healthy one as he is set to play Monday night. Safety Jerry Azumah wasn’t as fortunate, and will be sidelined after undergoing arthroscopic hip surgery.

Former Dolphin defensive end Adewale Ogunleye lines up against his former teammates for the first time since being traded for wide receiver Marty Booker last season.

The Bears are 3-0 in the Hall of Fame game, with their last appearance in 1990.

Scouting the Miami Dolphins
The Dolphins will kick off their 40th season in a new era. Nick Saban will begin his coaching tenure only 34 miles from his alma mater, Kent State. Defensive end Jason Taylor also has collegiate roots near Canton, playing his football 23 miles away at Akron. Chris Chambers is a native of Bedford, which is 46 miles from Canton. Fullback Jamar Martin played his high school games at Fawcett Stadium, where Monday Night’s game will take place. Homecomings aside, the Dolphins have plenty of work to do after coming off a 4-12 season.

The quarterback competition begins with AJ Feeley likely getting the first start Monday Night. Feeley is 3-2 in his last five starts. Free agent acquisition Gus Frerotte is expected to start this Saturday at Jacksonville, regardless of how effective either quarterback is during the game.

The contest for starting running back begins without rookie Auburn running back Ronnie Brown. Lamar Gordon is expected to start, and will have Sammy Morris, Ricky Williams, Travis Minor, and Kay-Jay Harris (yes, in that order) running behind him.

The Dolphins usually make subtle changes to their defense over the years, but with a new coach and system, changes were rampant. DE/DT Kevin Carter, DE/DT Vonnie Holliday, LB Donnie Spragan, safety Lance Schulters and rookie CB Travis Daniels are just a few of the newcomers set to make their Dolphin debuts. One thing that Nick Saban does hope to see continue from the Wannstedt era is the solid passing defense. The Dolphins have not allowed a 300-yard passer in 30 games.

The Dolphins are winless in two appearances in the Hall of Fame Game.

What to Watch
With another two-man race at the quarterback position, look for the starter (AJ Feeley) to play much longer than your typical starter in a team’s first pre-season game. That being said, Frerotte will likely get equal time, with Sage Rosenfels and Brock Berlin playing most if not all of the second half.

Ricky Williams will be doing something uncharacteristic of his playing days prior to his “retirement”; he will be playing against second and third-string opponents. Travis Minor has been assured of a roster spot over the past few seasons, but with the deep pool of talent at his position, he will be fighting hard to stay on this football team. There will be a lot of Minor, possibly even on special teams.

Monday night will give Dol-fans a first-look at a new defensive scheme. The Dolphins will not be using a traditional 4-3 rare blitz defense. It has been said that the Dolphins will run a mix of a 4-3 and 3-4 defense, one similar to Belichick's New England Patriots. Jason Taylor may drop into coverage on some plays.

2004 first round pick Vernon Carey is finally turning heads at camp after riding the pine for most of his rookie season. Carey gets a tough assignment when he starts at left tackle against former Pro Bowler Adewale Ogunleye and Alex Brown.

Bears coach Lovie Smith has a decision to make. Does he keep QB Rex Grossman in longer then a few series’ to get additional work, or does he come out early to avoid injury?