PDA

View Full Version : Black Out!!!

bob bass sucks
04-20-2014, 12:37 PM
If you know it a black-out game, then wear the shirt! If you are a big person, when be pro-active and bring a black shirt to blend in with the rest of the fans. Pink is not black lady in the fourth row, nor is a white dress......

dav4463
04-20-2014, 12:40 PM
I hate the "let's all wear same color shirts" fad in the NBA. Wear whatever you want. Don't follow the crowd!

Horry Hipcheck
04-20-2014, 02:25 PM
On the other hand, I hate people who dress up for Spurs games like its an indoor Kentucky Derby. It's a playoff basketball game, you're sitting four rows from the court, why are you in a sun dress and pink polo?!

Plum Island
04-20-2014, 02:39 PM
I hate the "let's all wear same color shirts" fad in the NBA. Wear whatever you want. Don't follow the crowd!
Fuck that. Support your team!

TheGreatYacht
04-20-2014, 02:49 PM
This crowd was horrible until Duncan got hurt. Giving that Indy crowd from yesterday a run for their money

Horry Hipcheck
04-20-2014, 02:52 PM
This crowd was horrible until Duncan got hurt. Giving that Indy crowd from yesterday a run for their money

Thats a bummer. I mean, I've always felt the Spurs crowds are too tame, but I've always chalked it up to being spoiled rotten. Getting out of the first round is automatic for modern Spurs fans.

tmtcsc
04-20-2014, 02:58 PM
It's never worked here and black is a horrible color to use. Should use handouts that are black on one side and white on the other to spell out GO SPURS GO when flipped in unison. Some might just be white while others are going to have 2 colors. I'm sure some sort of computer program can lay it all out based upon the seats. Kind of like what's been done at halftime shows of college football games. The Spurs Coyote can lead the charge!

Darius Bieber
04-20-2014, 03:00 PM
On the other hand, I hate people who dress up for Spurs games like its an indoor Kentucky Derby. It's a playoff basketball game, you're sitting four rows from the court, why are you in a sun dress and pink polo?!

To be fair, most of the die-hard fans who will go all out with it sit in the upper levels, not four rows in.

UZER
04-20-2014, 05:25 PM
Spurs fans dont like noon games either.

Sean Cagney
04-20-2014, 05:28 PM
Spurs fans dont like noon games either.
I personally HATE THEM, would rather have it at 7 or so and drink some beer along with the game. Never liked those early NOON games TBH.

Biernutz
04-20-2014, 08:29 PM
The BS that fans in the upper deck are the only ones yelling. We yell just as loud as the fans way up there. I stood the
last 4 minutes of the game today. Spurs fans jumped up and cheered just about every point the Spurs scored during the game.
When the playoffs start it really gets loud in the lower level. Game 7 of the Pistons series we stood the whole game. One
thing you got to remember that it's not a high school game or a college game. The crowd is older and some wont stand
as much as young fans but they still yell,clap and make noise.

ElNono
04-20-2014, 08:30 PM
I thought it was pretty poor compared to the whiteout in the OKC game...

Biernutz
04-20-2014, 08:38 PM
Even though the t-shirts are XL they are not XXXXXL. Some fans need tents.... I wore my black Kawhi
game jersey today. All they wanted you today was to wear black. I prefer not to have black outs or
white outs. I am there for the game not t-shirts. As for the balloons the pass out . Balloons are for clowns
kids and dogs. Not to block the view of fans who pay good money to watch the game.........

bob bass sucks
04-20-2014, 08:41 PM
did i see some people not wearing the t shirt but wore something black acceptable

DPG21920
04-20-2014, 08:50 PM
Maybe this was an RC initiative and it has a different meaning..

FuzzyLumpkins
04-20-2014, 09:57 PM
Maybe this was an RC initiative and it has a different meaning..

The delivery was shit and at its core just isn't funny.

DPG21920
04-20-2014, 10:07 PM
Hi Fuzzy. Did you enjoy your time with your large group of friends today?

Biernutz
04-20-2014, 11:27 PM
takes older crowd a little longer to get sufficiently drunk because they don't pregame as much

I don't see anyone in the parking lot having a tailgating before the Spurs games. It sucks when beers at the game are $6.50 --$7 range.
I do see empty liquor bottles some times in the stalls..I guess the strap them under their arm or down on the pants leg to get pass
security....

mudyez
04-21-2014, 08:09 AM
1st: I'm a fan of color-outs but only in big games!

2nd: Even though it was the first playoff game after the heartbreak, that was not a big game.

3rd: I love black but it just doesn't work for black-outs as the arena looks empty and kind of wrestling in the 70s or 80s style. Use the white-outs!

4th: Black-outs only work with Craig Sager around.