PDA

View Full Version : Defending Monta Ellis..

Malik Hairston
04-20-2014, 02:43 PM
Why did the Spurs keep going over the screen against Ellis, tbh?..

I know he struggled tonight, but all of his success came from when the Spurs went over the screen and he had a straight explosion to the basket, tbh..they did it all day IIRC..

Is there any particular reason for this?..

DPG21920
04-20-2014, 02:47 PM
Same with Harris. Let that dude shoot. His threat now since his offensive game has been awful is to run the show and set people up off the drive. Go under.

Mugen
04-20-2014, 02:47 PM
Pop was outcoached by Carlisle for most of the game tbh. I don't expect it to continue the rest of the series.

MI21
04-20-2014, 02:49 PM
The Spurs should consider pushing Ellis left, unless he is able to completely turn the corner and go hard at full speed, he is useless going left.

Darius McCrary
04-20-2014, 02:51 PM
The Spurs should consider pushing Ellis left, unless he is able to completely turn the corner and go hard at full speed, he is useless going left.
Same for Jason Terry but we never got a good handle on stopping that either.

siraulo23
04-20-2014, 02:51 PM
Pop was outcoached by Carlisle for most of the game tbh. I don't expect it to continue the rest of the series.

yep carlisle destroyed pop in game 1, totally outcoached

ElNono
04-20-2014, 05:57 PM
Why did the Spurs keep going over the screen against Ellis, tbh?..

I know he struggled tonight, but all of his success came from when the Spurs went over the screen and he had a straight explosion to the basket, tbh..they did it all day IIRC..

Is there any particular reason for this?..

I thought they closed the game hedging with Splitter and Kawhi going under the screen...

I think Pop didn't want Rick to adjust that too early...

sexinthatsx
04-20-2014, 06:00 PM
Psychological maneuvers tbh... Pop and the Spurs are still so scarred from a Mavs team via a couple years ago that they'd rather let Monta get all the open looks he wants and take the clutch shots instead of Dirk.

Captivus
04-20-2014, 06:16 PM
I thought they closed the game hedging with Splitter and Kawhi going under the screen...

I think Pop didn't want Rick to adjust that too early...

You really think Pop can think so much in advance? Thats military planning.

ElNono
04-20-2014, 06:19 PM
[/B]

You really think Pop can think so much in advance? Thats military planning.

I think Pop knows what he wants and when he wants it. Not always works out, but I thought he wanted Monta chucking at the end and he did get that.

freetiago
04-20-2014, 06:24 PM
its not possible to never have a breakdown in defense the entire game
sometimes theres offball action going on that youre paying attention to then you get hit by a screen out of nowhere and you dont have time to react and just do the first thing which is chase him over the top

have no idea why youre complaining about the defense when their top 2 scorers were shut out basically