PDA

View Full Version : Who is the X-factor in the playoffs?

spursfan1000
04-20-2014, 10:43 PM
I personally think its either Danny Green or Marco Belineni, we need one of them to get hot and score, last night our bench was horrible on scoring, we need to lighten the load off the big 4!

TXstbobcat
04-20-2014, 10:50 PM
Mills is my X-factor for the playoffs. Mills is going to hit some clutch shots and get a nice pay raise after the playoffs.

xmas1997
04-20-2014, 10:51 PM
I think it's Mills.

Mikeanaro
04-20-2014, 10:52 PM
Danny, Marco, Boris, Patty any of those guys can be the X-factor today they were the B-Fartin instead.

SpurPadre
04-20-2014, 10:54 PM
Well, Danny's already shown us what he's capable of doing in the playoffs so I wouldn't really label him an X-factor. An X-Factor is something unpredictable, an impact that comes out of nowhere. Marco could be but he was obviously horrible today. I'd say Mills will be our true X-factor off the bench and Kawhi's offense can also be an X-Factor that could tip the Championship in our favor.

jARS mEsH sEt
04-20-2014, 11:00 PM
Manu. You never really know what you're going to get from him night in and night out. Sometimes he'll give you a 2-9 shooting performance for 6 points 3 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 turnovers which is about par the course for him.

Sometimes he'll be efficient offensively but turn the ball over 5 times and end up hurting the team as a whole.

One in 100 games he'll go "super manu" and play up to his "big 3" moniker for one game.

I think in order to beat OKC or even Houston, we'll need a steady Manu that gives like 12 points on 5-11 shooting, 4 assists and minimal turnovers (like 2) and a couple of rebounds and steals here or there. He can't be all over the place with his shooting and he can't just throw the ball away.

Spur|n|Austin
04-20-2014, 11:03 PM
Patty.

On another note, Marco needs to wake the fuck up, his dick slappin around the past couple weeks has become annoying.

Holden_Caulfield
04-20-2014, 11:05 PM
manu

RD2191
04-20-2014, 11:07 PM
Not who but what, and that what is our bench defense. Mills/Marco is a disaster. Our bench has lost us a lot of leads this season.

Boomersgold
04-20-2014, 11:49 PM
Not who but what, and that what is our bench defense. Mills/Marco is a disaster. Our bench has lost us a lot of leads this season.

Impressed that you can keep this up for so long; the trolling, that is.

BatManu20
04-21-2014, 12:32 AM
It's tough with this team cause we spread it around so much tbh. I'd say either Kawhi or Manu. If either of them or both of them don't play well down the road, we'll likely lose. But if Danny Green doesn't hit his open looks, we usually struggle too.

gilmor
04-21-2014, 12:35 AM
Leonard. Kawhi need to be huge in this Playoffs for us to advance past 2nd round. Provided we go through 1st round healthy.

But the 22-year-old Leonard, acquired from Indiana in a draft-night trade for valued veteran George Hill in 2011, has infused this team with young legs, given them a defensive dynamo on the perimeter and another maniacal competitor who gets bored with the cupcakes at the bottom of the standings while salivating over a night matched up against Durant, LeBron James and the rest of the best.

"I feel like those are the best games rather than playing one of the under 50-(win) teams and not really learning a lot because they make a lot of mistakes," Leonard said.

ElNono
04-21-2014, 12:39 AM
I think this season has been Boris, and I think this late in the game, nothing has changed on that aspect. When he's aggressive, the Spurs always look a lot better. When he's not playing well, the Spurs have trouble making the offense run crisp enough.

He's also a great nexus between the perimeter and guys like Tim inside. Good passer, and he has been damn good both backing up his man and taking the mid range.

Didn't think he played well in game 1, but hoping he bounces back in the next few games.

Sean Cagney
04-21-2014, 01:18 AM
manu

^^^^^ He could very well be. I would say Leonard is mine but most have him in the top three now.

HI-FI
04-21-2014, 01:39 AM
Kawhi. always comes up with huge steals, rebounds or 50/50 balls.

Chinook
04-21-2014, 01:59 AM
Splitter. I said that months ago, and I'm sticking to it. If he plays up to his potential, the Spurs will dominate every team. But he has to be good enough for the Spurs to dictate match-ups, and he hasn't done that consistently.

Time for Tiago to take the next step.

HI-FI
04-21-2014, 02:38 AM
Splitter. I said that months ago, and I'm sticking to it. If he plays up to his potential, the Spurs will dominate every team. But he has to be good enough for the Spurs to dictate match-ups, and he hasn't done that consistently.

Time for Tiago to take the next step.
that stat about Tiago's 10 points equaling a win could back that up. Just don't always have confidence in him, but when he does show up, it's usually significant.

Raven
04-21-2014, 03:48 AM
Cory Joseph.

dallasmaverickslose
04-21-2014, 08:46 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/spurs/imgs/131010_ayres_roster.jpg

Baam
04-21-2014, 09:04 AM
Boris and Kawhi.

Green may have an harder time this year since he skyrocketed on the scouting reports.

I'm convinced that Boris can put enough pressure on Ibaka to change the dynamics of an OKc series, just has to aggressive.

RD2191
04-21-2014, 09:12 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/spurs/imgs/131010_ayres_roster.jpg

:lol

superjames1992
04-21-2014, 09:17 AM
dallasmaverickslose with the goods, per par.

wildbill2u
04-21-2014, 12:59 PM
We need Mills, Green and Bellinelli to shoot their averages. That is a big part of our team this year. If they can't translate their skill at 3pt shots into the larger arena of the playoffs, we will have to rely too much on the Big 3.

Having those guys blasting away lets us build leads, rest the older guys and run ragged the other teams who play their starters with big minutes.