PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: It still hurts ... Part deaux

Killakobe81
04-21-2014, 11:19 AM
Courtesy of Grant Land: (http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-playoffs-shootaround-opening-statements/)

Shea Serrano: The Spurs won on Sunday, but I saw it, lurking in the shadows, waiting for the most debilitating time to attack, waiting for juuuuuuust the right moment to crumple the city of San Antonio.

The Spurs won on Sunday, but it’s there, and eventually it’s going to swallow them whole. It’s going to turn the postseason into a space shuttle cockpit of flames; eventually it’s going to fling them into the abyss, eventually it’s going to rip them apart atomically.

The Spurs won on Sunday, but it’s so very clear that, despite the brilliance of Gregg Popovich or the infinity of Tim Duncan or the tornado-isms of Manu Ginobili, it will, and I say this with absolute faith, turn the Spurs’ 2014 playoff run into a sleeping bag full of brown recluse spiders.

The Spurs won on Sunday but it’s right there and I know it and you know it and they know it and there’s nothing to be done about it except wait to die and go to heaven and hope that heaven doesn’t get NBA TV because, I’m saying, bro, there is no way at all the Spurs can outrun last year’s non-championship.

I wish it wasn’t this way but it is. I wish there was a way to sidestep the collapse that’s coming but there isn’t. We are all tied to this railroad track, and the only choice we have in the matter is whether or not we scream before we are cut in half by the train.

I’d hoped that we’d not see signs of it this early, but that was selfish.

Early in the second quarter, right about the time the Dallas Mavericks decided they wanted to try to score some points (they’d only managed 12 in the first quarter), there was a moment where the camera cut to Duncan. And his face, otherwise a statue for the last 100 years of his career, showed a very clear emotion.

Basically, it said: fuck, man.

Basically, it said: We have to win SIXTEEN of these games.

Basically, it said: Nah.

For the whole game after that, that seemed to be all that his face said, all that Tony’s face said, all that Manu’s face said, all that Pop’s face said. It’s to their unending credit that they did not lie down on the floor for the rest of the afternoon. They are champions for not doing that. But even they cannot hide their pain, and that’s all I could notice from them.

I felt the same way watching them Sunday that I feel when I look at my iPhone’s cracked screen or the way that I felt looking at Gemma after she was attacked by the white supremacists on Sons of Anarchy. We can all pretend that what happened didn’t happen and that’s natural and that’ll do for a while, but eventually the hurt will chase us down.

I wish it wouldn’t but it will.

We are in this together.

Go Spurs Go, forever.

:’(

The short version of TimVp's opus does this shea post upstairs?

ChumpDumper
04-21-2014, 11:27 AM
lol iPhone

Thread
04-21-2014, 11:28 AM
[[[The Spurs won on Sunday, but it’s so very clear that, despite the brilliance of Gregg Popovich or the infinity of Tim Duncan or the tornado-isms of Manu Ginobili]]]

Each & all were complicit in 6. See, this is how Media molds & rehabs a niqqer WHEN THEY WANT TO.

Leetonidas
04-21-2014, 11:30 AM
lol wtf

ChumpDumper
04-21-2014, 11:31 AM
lol lakerfan can't talk about his own team during the playoffs.

ElNono
04-21-2014, 11:32 AM
I thought TD looked pretty cool and calm at the podium... I guess you see what you wanna see...

Killakobe81
04-21-2014, 11:33 AM
Not familiar with the writer, although I read Grantland from time to time ... sounds like a Spur fan.

Aslso a drinking game could of been played with the mentions of "6" During Game 1 ...

ChumpDumper
04-21-2014, 11:34 AM
Not familiar with the writer, although I read Grantland from time to time ... sounds like a Spur fan.Sounds like a guy who wrote an article for Grantland.

Killakobe81
04-21-2014, 11:36 AM
lol lakerfan can't talk about his own team during the playoffs.

I just posted because I thought it was eerie how much it evoked "it still hurts".

Writer is a Spur fan what does that have to do with the Lakers.

But if it helps:

Lakers Suck.
Worst season in forever.
Kobe is brokedown
Our owner clueless
Our coach too
We had the 2nd most games missed to injury but even if healthy we probably get swept or lose in 5 ...

Still doesn't change anything reported.

Killakobe81
04-21-2014, 11:39 AM
Here is his brief bio:

SHEA SERRANO is a writer based in Houston. He has written for MTV, XXL, Vice, Complex, Myspace, and other outlets. He recently published his first book, Bun B’s Rap Coloring and Activity Book.

ChumpDumper
04-21-2014, 11:40 AM
I just posted because I thought it was eerie how much it evoked "it still hurts".

Writer is a Spur fan what does that have to do with the Lakers.

But if it helps:

Lakers Suck.
Worst season in forever.
Kobe is brokedown
Our owner clueless
Our coach too
We had the 2nd most games missed to injury but even if healthy we probably get swept or lose in 5 ...

Still doesn't change anything reported.Is he actually a spurfan?

Fans get emo. lakerfan included. I understand, but it amuses me more than anything these days.

And there is no "a" in deux.

Killakobe81
04-21-2014, 11:41 AM
Is he actuallya spurfan?

He wrote it that way but I guess not unless a bandwaggoner ...being from Houston. But the way he wrote the closing made me think he is.

ElNono
04-21-2014, 11:42 AM
Killa, if you're looking for depressed/cliff-jumping spurs fan, just head upstairs, tbh...

Fpoonsie
04-21-2014, 11:43 AM
SHEA SERRANO has written for Myspace

rofl.

Killakobe81
I did not see the presser to me it does sound like he is "Reaching" ... I just wonder how much truth is to the "haunting" of 6.
Analysts on sunday made it a big part of the broadcast. Was mentioned at least 3 or 4 times in the 2nd half as Mavs collapsed.

ElNono
rofl.

:lol

IrisHockey
Courtesy of Grant Land: (http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-playoffs-shootaround-opening-statements/)

LJ Ellis: The Spurs won on Sunday, but I saw it, lurking in the shadows, waiting for the most debilitating time to attack, waiting for juuuuuuust the right moment to crumple the city of San Antonio.

The Spurs won on Sunday, but it’s there, and eventually it’s going to swallow them whole. It’s going to turn the postseason into a space shuttle cockpit of flames; eventually it’s going to fling them into the abyss, eventually it’s going to rip them apart atomically.

The Spurs won on Sunday, but it’s so very clear that, despite the brilliance of Gregg Popovich or the infinity of Tim Duncan or the tornado-isms of Manu Ginobili, it will, and I say this with absolute faith, turn the Spurs’ 2014 playoff run into a sleeping bag full of brown recluse spiders.

The Spurs won on Sunday but it’s right there and I know it and you know it and they know it and there’s nothing to be done about it except wait to die and go to heaven and hope that heaven doesn’t get NBA TV because, I’m saying, bro, there is no way at all the Spurs can outrun last year’s non-championship.

I wish it wasn’t this way but it is. I wish there was a way to sidestep the collapse that’s coming but there isn’t. We are all tied to this railroad track, and the only choice we have in the matter is whether or not we scream before we are cut in half by the train.

Early in the second quarter, right about the time the Dallas Mavericks decided they wanted to try to score some points (they’d only managed 12 in the first quarter), there was a moment where the camera cut to Duncan. And his face, otherwise a statue for the last 100 years of his career, showed a very clear emotion.

For the whole game after that, that seemed to be all that his face said, all that Tony’s face said, all that Manu’s face said, all that Pop’s face said. It’s to their unending credit that they did not lie down on the floor for the rest of the afternoon. They are champions for not doing that. But even they cannot hide their pain, and that’s all I could notice from them.

I felt the same way watching them Sunday that I feel when I look at my iPhone’s cracked screen or the way that I felt looking at Gemma after she was attacked by the white supremacists on Sons of Anarchy. We can all pretend that what happened didn’t happen and that’s natural and that’ll do for a while, but eventually the hurt will chase us down.

We are in this together.

Go Spurs Go, forever.

:’( it still hurts.

:lol i'm convinced this was written by he who must not be named, and this shea guy is just a cover man.

Venti Quattro
04-21-2014, 11:44 AM
Killa, if you're looking for depressed/cliff-jumping spurs fan, just head upstairs, tbh...
And people who don't get clues

:lmao one of det threads you started ElNono

ElNono
04-21-2014, 11:44 AM
I did not see the presser

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/playoffs/2014/04/20/0041300141-dal-sas-postgame-duncan.nba

ElNono
04-21-2014, 11:45 AM
And people who don't get clues

:lmao one of det threads you started ElNono

:lol which one? The one about losing one of the first two games?

Venti Quattro
04-21-2014, 11:47 AM
:lol which one? The one about losing one of the first two games?

Yes. I did repeat what Robz4000 said and it's even funnier because that wanker called me out :lmao :lmao

Mugen
04-21-2014, 11:47 AM
:lol welp, that settles it then

Killakobe81
04-21-2014, 11:48 AM

Nah. Like I said I thought the it still hurts parallels were interesting.
No need to kick a fan base when it's down but yall won so dont know why they are so depressed.

I wasnt even trolling, honestly.
The other reason was because Cully and I have been banging the drum of how that loss affects the team and the fans but many have dismissed it. the TNT guys brought it up quite a bit as well ...but could just be media hype. Time will tell.

Good news for Spurs the only 5 teams with a real shot of beating them: clips, OKC. MIA Indy (and since yall insist but I disagree) 3 of those 5 lost.
Problem is the two with LEGIT superstars won. Oh and LA and Lillard look like they wanna make some noise ...

Killakobe81
04-21-2014, 11:48 AM
:lol i'm convinced this was written by he who must not be named, and this shea guy is just a cover man.

Could be ...:lol

Venti Quattro
04-21-2014, 11:49 AM
BUT BUT BUT what are the chances that the article author is one of the people upstairs? And maybe he has a Panamanian spouse too

ElNono
04-21-2014, 11:49 AM
Yes. I did repeat what Robz4000 said and it's even funnier because that wanker called me out :lmao :lmao

Spurs have done it so many times, even in championship years... they just take a game or two to get up to speed in the playoffs, but after last season, I figured it was a good idea to remind peeps...

Heck, Robz is my dude, but he's been hitting the bottle pretty hard this season :lol

ElNono
04-21-2014, 11:53 AM
Nah. Like I said I thought the it still hurts parallels were interesting.
No need to kick a fan base when it's down but yall won so dont know why they are so depressed.

I wasnt even trolling, honestly.
The other reason was because Cully and I have been banging the drum of how that loss affects the team and the fans but many have dismissed it. the TNT guys brought it up quite a bit as well ...but could just be media hype. Time will tell.

Good news for Spurs the only 5 teams with a real shot of beating them: clips, OKC. MIA Indy (and since yall insist but I disagree) 3 of those 5 lost.
Problem is the two with LEGIT superstars won. Oh and LA and Lillard look like they wanna make some noise ...

Portland is a mirage. You read it here first.

Venti Quattro
04-21-2014, 11:54 AM

But everybody knows that already

Malik Hairston
04-21-2014, 12:03 PM
Is this dude Black, tbh?..

Just based on his terrible writing, it seems like he was given a writing job with a mainstream company because he's Black, tbh..

Killakobe81
04-21-2014, 12:06 PM

Neither team can win the West and a WCF would be surprising ...

Killakobe81
04-21-2014, 12:07 PM
Is this dude Black, tbh?..

Just based on his terrible writing, it seems like he was given a writing job with a mainstream company because he's Black, tbh..

appears to be a half-breed but maybe he is just "light"

TDMVPDPOY
04-21-2014, 12:35 PM
how does the writer know what timmy n co are thinkn? did the write get it out of their mouths?

sounds like another shit talker trying to make a name for themselves....

Robz4000
04-21-2014, 01:16 PM
Sounds like timvp imo

manufan10
04-21-2014, 01:18 PM
Someone RT'd this on my timeline:

Sybok
04-21-2014, 04:44 PM
You realize "deaux" is pronounced like "doe"... right? I think you mean "deux".

I don't know what little insignificant pisshole country you hail from, or if you're some crack baby negro with a laptop, but your Engrish is atrocious and it's hilarious that you pretend it's because you don't care about internet spelling and grammar... you should of known.

Killakobe81
04-21-2014, 05:06 PM
You realize "deaux" is pronounced like "doe"... right? I think you mean "deux".

I don't know what little insignificant pisshole country you hail from, or if you're some crack baby negro with a laptop, but your Engrish is atrocious and it's hilarious that you pretend it's because you don't care about internet spelling and grammar... you should of known.

Auto correct and no, I dont care.

I dont give a shit about spelling on here ... is my grammar great in real-life? No.
But on my job and when I was in college I cared. I used to use Strunk & white to improve my writing style ...
Here? Not so much.
I already spend too much time here to proof-read shit.
Dont like it, don't read.

But thanks for the correction.

spurraider21
04-21-2014, 05:14 PM
i like how sybok ended that post with "you should of known"

Killakobe81
04-21-2014, 08:16 PM

:lmao

Sybok
04-21-2014, 10:16 PM

A bit of intentional irony, but a bit like Sonny Bono... lost on the slopes it seems.

Sybok
04-21-2014, 10:16 PM
Auto correct and no, I dont care.

I dont give a shit about spelling on here ... is my grammar great in real-life? No.
But on my job and when I was in college I cared. I used to use Strunk & white to improve my writing style ...
Here? Not so much.
I already spend too much time here to proof-read shit.
Dont like it, don't read.

But thanks for the correction.

Bullshit. Autocorrect doesn't change "deux" to "deaux". You're a tard, just own it already. You've been advertising it forever.

spurraider21
04-21-2014, 10:25 PM
A bit of intentional irony, but a bit like Sonny Bono... lost on the slopes it seems.
while its easy to play it off as intentional, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt. you're usually a stickler for grammar

Sybok
04-21-2014, 10:31 PM
while its easy to play it off as intentional, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt. you're usually a stickler for grammar
And his main faux pas is "should of".

btw...

I think he writes for ESPN

Water Under The BridgeAre Blake Griffin and the Clippers are ready to get back on track? Shelburne » (http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/10814767/blake-griffin-takes-deep-breath)The Ten: Warriors (http://espn.go.com/nba/theten/_/team/golden-state-warriors)http://assets.espn.go.com/icons/live.gif Clippers (http://espn.go.com/nba/theten/_/team/los-angeles-clippers)http://assets.espn.go.com/icons/live.gif Elhassan (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/10816195/nba-playoffs-court-adjustments-grizzlies-clippers)http://assets.espn.go.com/icons/in.gif Pelton (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/10815292/brooklyn-nets-top-teams-best-first-round-upset-chances-nba-playoffs)http://assets.espn.go.com/icons/in.gif

capek
04-21-2014, 11:40 PM
Naw, their faces just said, "Fuck me with these noon start times." :tu

ezau
04-22-2014, 01:43 AM

Shea Serrano: The Spurs won on Sunday, but I saw it, lurking in the shadows, waiting for the most debilitating time to attack, waiting for juuuuuuust the right moment to crumple the city of San Antonio.

We are in this together.

Go Spurs Go, forever.

:’(

The short version of TimVp's opus does this shea post upstairs?

How are the Lakers doing in the playoffs, brah?

Killakobe81
04-22-2014, 08:50 AM
Bullshit. Autocorrect doesn't change "deux" to "deaux". You're a tard, just own it already. You've been advertising it forever.

It did but you dont have to believe me I dont give two shits. When you type something on a android phone it gives 3 possible options if you don't adjust it it goes with the default.
My fault cuz I did not check it, but again IDGAF ...

LOL intentional irony ... own it already you fucked up, trying to give grammar lessons. You have been advertising forever, you are a retard.

Clean your own house you sanctimonious piece of shit.
Then you get called on it and pull the "I meant to do that card. "
Weak shit. At least I don't give a shit. You do and you still failed.

Budkin
04-22-2014, 10:31 AM
kobyz wrote this tbh

Sybok
04-22-2014, 04:13 PM
It did but you dont have to believe me I dont give two shits. When you type something on a android phone it gives 3 possible options if you don't adjust it it goes with the default.
My fault cuz I did not check it, but again IDGAF ...

LOL intentional irony ... own it already you fucked up, trying to give grammar lessons. You have been advertising forever, you are a retard.

Clean your own house you sanctimonious piece of shit.
Then you get called on it and pull the "I meant to do that card. "
Weak shit. At least I don't give a shit. You do and you still failed.

:lol Starting threads from an Android phone
:lol Copying and pasting using said phone
:lol Claiming your thread title was autocorrected to a word that doesn't exist.
:lol Trolling with a 3rd grade education
:lol Madder than a wet hen

Deaux

Definitions

Sorry, no definitions found.

Etymologies

Sorry, no etymologies found.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Killakobe81
04-22-2014, 05:11 PM
:lol Starting threads from an Android phone
:lol Copying and pasting using said phone
:lol Claiming your thread title was autocorrected to a word that doesn't exist.
:lol Trolling with a 3rd grade education
:lol Madder than a wet hen

Deaux

Definitions

Sorry, no definitions found.

Etymologies

Sorry, no etymologies found.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Emoticons. cute.
Name calling ... even cuter.
I'm so intellectually superior but I make, grammar mistakes. Oh, wait it was intentional, Oh the "ironing"!!! (that is intentional)
Hiding behind a troll ...brave.
Wanting me to own up but cannot do it him/herself.

I don't get mad on here, like I said I don't care. I am done with you.
Me making you work to mask your fail brought me joy.

Killakobe81
04-22-2014, 05:21 PM
Emoticons. cute.
I'm so intellectually superior but I make, grammar mistakes. Oh, wait it was intentional, Oh the "ironing"!!! (that is intentional)

Did not even realize he made the Cully thread when I posted this ... that makes it even better.
Sybok has a stiffy or a wet twat for me ... I am flattered.

Sybok
04-22-2014, 05:55 PM
Emoticons. cute.

I use a screen name just like you. I've told everyone here who I am. No need to go heeled to get the bulge on a tub like you.

Killakobe81
04-22-2014, 05:58 PM
I use a screen name just like you. I've told everyone here who I am. No need to go heeled to get the bulge on a tub like you.

Pucker up, sweet cheeks!