PDA

View Full Version : More Belinelli less Green?

Marcos20
04-21-2014, 01:06 PM
I usually don't post anything but after watching game 1 I thought Green played way to many minutes without being a factor! Personally Beli brings more to the table and should be playing the min Green is getting. Now lets not forget what he did for Chicago last year and it's crazy to me that he only played 12 minutes! So how many of you guys feel the same way do you think this was just a 1 game thing or will we see this throughout the playoffs? I say more Beli less Green!

timtonymanu
04-21-2014, 01:09 PM
Hell no.

Chinook
04-21-2014, 01:14 PM
Lol. How anyone could have watched the game yesterday and come away thinking Beli deserved more minutes than Green is beyond me. Nothing is even remotely certain yet as far as who the playoff performers will be. Too many games to go. But there's no way in hell Beli looked better than the fifth or sixth perimeter player in Game One.

Raven
I usually don't post anything but when i do, i post bullshit

fify

lmbebo
Dallas played pretty good D on the perimeter.

Green - adv of defense
Belli - adv of being a better ball handler, created on offense.

Wash in terms of 3 point shooting.

I give credit to Dallas, although I believe the Spurs were just flat on the perimeter. A lot of shots just hit the front of the rim.

Marcos20
04-21-2014, 01:26 PM
Lol what I'm saying is if you give Beli the minutes Green was given Beli is more of a factor he gets to the whole he actually has a JUMP SHOT he creates and of course he didn't look good how the hell can you look good in playin at the end of each quarter. So you feel better with Green in the line up then Marco throughout these playoffs? I am a fan of Green but Beli bring more and I don't think we signed him to only play 12 minutes in the playoffs when he has proven he plays big in the playoff.

Chinook
04-21-2014, 01:42 PM
No one misunderstood you. We just disagree. Strongly. Beli brings less than Green, and significantly so. Marco was truly horrible yesterday, whereas people only think Green was horrible because they overlooked the defensive stretch he had that started the Spurs comeback (Dallas stopped scoring before the Spurs started).

RD2191
04-21-2014, 01:58 PM
This is why you should stay away from crack.

200 miles
04-21-2014, 02:01 PM
I usually don't post anything but after watching game 1 I thought Green played way to many minutes without being a factor! Personally Beli brings more to the table and should be playing the min Green is getting. Now lets not forget what he did for Chicago last year and it's crazy to me that he only played 12 minutes! So how many of you guys feel the same way do you think this was just a 1 game thing or will we see this throughout the playoffs? I say more Beli less Green!

http://i.imgur.com/tBHcj6G.gif

timtonymanu
04-21-2014, 02:03 PM
If the Spurs give Green's minutes to Belinelli, they would lose to the Rockets in the 2nd round.

Marcos20
04-21-2014, 02:03 PM
Hahaha!

BatManu20
04-21-2014, 02:05 PM
What? No. Even if both are struggling, you take Green. He actually plays defense and can rebound.

Marcos20
04-21-2014, 02:07 PM
Lol maybe I'm just a big believer in Marco but I honestly think he gonna be the X factor for us this year! We just gonna have to watch and see I maybe wrong I maybe right but till then Go SPURS! Hahaha

Spur|n|Austin
04-21-2014, 02:25 PM
Lol maybe I'm just a big believer in Marco but I honestly think he gonna be the X factor for us this year! We just gonna have to watch and see I maybe wrong I maybe right but till then Go SPURS! Hahaha

Have you watched him play the past 3 weeks? If anything he will start losing minutes for his lack of any defense and his horrid shooting.

hater
04-21-2014, 02:25 PM
Sure green dissapears. But the Ferrari still doing his warmup laps so I dont see how he merits more minutes yet. Nig is just crusing until he is neede to save the team imo

look_at_g_shred
04-21-2014, 03:00 PM
lol no

superjames1992
04-21-2014, 03:04 PM
Green was pretty bad yesterday, but Belli was even worse. OP fail, tbh. :lol

taps
04-21-2014, 03:12 PM
I believe Green leads all NBA guards in rebounding and blocked shots.

ajballer4
04-21-2014, 03:23 PM
Beli has only shot 22% from three since April started. He is very cold.

Chinook
04-21-2014, 03:26 PM
I believe Green leads all NBA guards in rebounding and blocked shots.

Blocks, yes, rebounds, no. Stephenson leads in that.

Mel_13
04-21-2014, 03:48 PM
Beli will lose all his minutes if doesn't start making some shots. Yesterday, Green played 24 minutes and Beli played 12. If neither one are going to score, then the Spurs would be better off playing Danny for all 36 minutes.

hater
04-21-2014, 03:53 PM
Otoh Green made his best game 7 Finals impression.

this fucking 1 trick pony should be a professional magician the way he performs his dissapearing acts

said7
04-21-2014, 04:00 PM
Marco is that you?

ceperez
04-21-2014, 04:00 PM
No one misunderstood you. We just disagree. Strongly. Beli brings less than Green, and significantly so. Marco was truly horrible yesterday, whereas people only think Green was horrible because they overlooked the defensive stretch he had that started the Spurs comeback (Dallas stopped scoring before the Spurs started).

Not going to say that Marco was horrible... the fact is, he was covered. So was Green.

Green of course is much better defensively.

Marco is a liability defensively and atheltically in this match up. I can't see him defending Marion or Carter. The best option for him is to defend Calderon and play at the SG position.

timtonymanu
04-21-2014, 04:16 PM
Otoh Green made his best game 7 Finals impression.

this fucking 1 trick pony should be a professional magician the way he performs his dissapearing acts

Belinelli has shown on the Spurs that he is even more one dimensional than Green.

:lol only productive if Manu spoon feeds him a basket
:lol you ignoring Green's value on defense

Diego20
04-21-2014, 04:30 PM
Sure green dissapears. But the Ferrari still doing his warmup laps so I dont see how he merits more minutes yet. Nig is just crusing until he is neede to save the team imo

Stop calling him a Ferrari when he's not more than a FIAT.

Malik Hairston
04-21-2014, 04:35 PM

He's The Hooptie for now, tbh..

Biernutz
04-21-2014, 04:50 PM
Danny and Marco couldn't hit anything yesterday but you have to let them play for what they can do.
Dallas tried to take the 3pt away and make us go inside but we were cold outside anyway. We were lucky Tim burned
them inside and Tony had a inside a run with a 15ft jumper also. Danny plays better defense than Marco so between the two
you play Danny more. If one of the two gets hot shooting they will play more......

Kidd K
04-21-2014, 06:17 PM
Anyone who would rather have Belinelli on the floor instead must be one of those newbie fans who only think scoring makes a big difference in the game. Green isn't even a bad scorer either.

Green's defense is worlds better than Belinelli's.

LakerHater
04-21-2014, 06:18 PM
Green plays way better D!

hater
04-21-2014, 06:20 PM
Belinelli has shown on the Spurs that he is even more one dimensional than Green.

:lol only productive if Manu spoon feeds him a basket
:lol you ignoring Green's value on defense

can't argue with this at the moment. Beli thou, can dribble in an empty gym. but no use arguing at the moment, Ferrari is still doing his warmup laps, but I agree he was terrible, he even made my Worst players of the Playoffs list, you can examine my list here:
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231782&p=7258901

but let's not get carried away here. Ray Allen had a worst game 1 and I still pick Ray on a buzzer beater shot over anyone else in the playoffs.

cd021
04-21-2014, 11:22 PM

He can't be a FIAT they don't have 4 doors.:lol

Arcadian
04-21-2014, 11:31 PM
I would like to see Bellinelli play more, yes, but not necessarily at the expense of Green. I do think Marco is potentially our best player off the bench and would be a starter on many teams.

cd021
04-21-2014, 11:32 PM
Beli will lose all his minutes if doesn't start making some shots. Yesterday, Green played 24 minutes and Beli played 12. If neither one are going to score, then the Spurs would be better off playing Danny for all 36 minutes.

If Pop plans to have Leonard lead the team in minutes (like he said) then Beli is directly affected. Manu has played the majority of his minutes at SF with Beli playing alongside him at 2 guard. Leonard logging 30 minutes at SF with 5-8 minutes from Green and the rest from Manu.

At SG, Green will probably only play about 20 minutes a game while Manu plays 10-15 minutes there. Beli will probably only play up to 18 minutes on any given night.

cd021
04-21-2014, 11:38 PM
Beli's biggest asset is his 3pt shooting and Green is every bit as good. Both are streaky but when Green is hot he is among the very best in the NBA from down town. Beli is best served off the bench where he can play off Manu.

Sean Cagney
04-21-2014, 11:59 PM
Hell no.

Yep, I agree. OP get the fuck outta here. These new posters man, they are the worst.

BTW like Chinook said, LOL after yesterdays game how can you even talk about more minutes????

MI21
04-22-2014, 12:24 AM
Not to stressed out about Beli's offense, but his defense has actually gotten worse as the season has worn on.

Matt Bonner could of defended Devin Harris' drive to the rim just before half-time..

ShoogarBear
04-22-2014, 04:22 AM
If Green, Belinelli, and Patty keep stinking like they did in Game 1, the Spurs aren't getting out of the WC no matter who gets the minutes.