http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:10819186

What's up with the fake ass tough nigga attitude, Timmy :nope

Also remember him only saying '4' to Phoenix ballboys during shootarounds :lol

jag
04-22-2014, 07:32 AM
:cry Not as classy as the Admiral :cry

exstatic
04-22-2014, 07:34 AM
Tim has admitted this, but it was more because what does a 25 YO gamer have in common with a 19 YO French playboy.

Spur|n|Austin
04-22-2014, 08:15 AM
This has been known for years. Parker tells the same stories over and over.

Reporter: What's one thing people don't know about Duncan?
Tony: He's actually really funny.

hater
04-22-2014, 08:26 AM

Tony: He's actually really funny.

:lol good point. Or theres just not too many stories to tell about Duncan.

Spur|n|Austin
04-22-2014, 08:28 AM
:lol good point. Or theres just not too many stories to tell about Duncan.

:lol most likely the latter - "Timmy really likes to play video games, I think that's something people don't know."

http://artspirational.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/tony-parker-longoria.png

EVAY
04-22-2014, 08:33 AM
Tim has admitted this, but it was more because what does a 25 YO gamer have in common with a 19 YO French playboy.

What a way to welcome a rookie to the USA and to America!
Please provide a link to Parker being a 'playboy' at age 19.

look_at_g_shred
04-22-2014, 09:34 AM
Drama queen as usual.

Kool Bob Love
04-22-2014, 10:05 AM
:lol most likely the latter - "Timmy really likes to play video games, I think that's something people don't know."

That face.:lmao

Slomo
04-22-2014, 10:08 AM
What a way to welcome a rookie to the USA and to America!
Please provide a link to Parker being a 'playboy' at age 19.

That's normal treatment of rookies in most (all?) NBA teams. It has been said by many players over the years. Actually several players from visiting teams over the years were surprised that TD was talking to them when their own stars and teammates were not.

If I remember correctly TP made the "100 most beuatifull people list" at 21 (20?), so if he wasn't sleeping around at 19 then he has only himself to blame...

I'm pretty sure TD and TP had very little in common in those days (they probably wouldn't have much in common now if they just met). Don't forget even Pop wasn't convinced TP was a good draft pick.

larrychen21
04-22-2014, 10:20 AM
TD didn't talk to TP because TD could not understand TP's English 13 years ago

DarrinS
04-22-2014, 10:21 AM
Who cares, tbh?

Mugen
04-22-2014, 10:23 AM
Maybe Tim knew that TP was going to bang a teammate's wife several years later tbh.

04-22-2014, 10:32 AM
He was a rookie and barely spoke English. Tim probably did the same to Manu.

Dverde
04-22-2014, 10:38 AM
Timmy doesn't talk to anyone, everyone talks to him. He is the most interesting Power Forward in the world.

superjames1992
04-22-2014, 11:01 AM
He's a warrior. :cry

lefty
04-22-2014, 11:43 AM

dat troll face :lol

BatManu20
04-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Old news tbh

UZER
04-22-2014, 12:42 PM

Tony: He's actually reelly funny.

fify

Spur|n|Austin
04-22-2014, 01:04 PM
fify

:lol

will_spurs
04-22-2014, 04:31 PM

I'm quite sure the media tell the same stories over and over. Whoever wrote this probably used an interview of Tony dating back 10 years ago.

He was a rookie and barely spoke English.

Parker's father is from the US, and his mother is Dutch, you can bet his English was damn fine even as a rookie.

04-22-2014, 04:33 PM
I'm quite sure the media tell the same stories over and over. Whoever wrote this probably used an interview of Tony dating back 10 years ago.

Parker's father is from the US, and his mother is Dutch, you can bet his English was damn fine even as a rookie.
Ah, I never knew that. I just figured he was from france and so were his parents.

will_spurs
04-22-2014, 04:43 PM
I feel it's the right time for this shameless plug: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135000

Spur|n|Austin
04-22-2014, 06:59 PM
I feel it's the right time for this shameless plug: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135000

Great piece man, enjoyed it thoroughly!

Kidd K
04-22-2014, 07:37 PM
Tim Duncan doesn't talk to role players

dbreiden83080
04-22-2014, 07:42 PM
And they've had a big brother little brother relationship ever since..

Chinook
04-22-2014, 08:29 PM
Ah, I never knew that. I just figured he was from france and so were his parents.

Not to mention Parker was born in Belgium. Definitely not a conventional French National.

Chinook
04-22-2014, 08:33 PM
I think Duncan was a different guy back when Parker was a rookie. Sure, Tim was already a superstar, but I don't know if he was anywhere near the leader he is today. Robinson was still there, and I think he was probably still the heart and soul of the team. Now, I don't think Tim would consider not talking to a rookie for the whole season. But I think Parker would. Tony seems to have the fewest friends out of every player on the team. He or Danny.

Sean Cagney
04-22-2014, 09:17 PM
And they've had a big brother little brother relationship ever since..

This is all that matters really.

PopRocks
04-22-2014, 09:56 PM
My 13 year old daughter and her friend saw TD recently at a small shop.
She has had contact with other Spurs, so she's not exactly star struck and a huge BB fan.

My daughter calmly went up to TD and said "Excuse me Mr. Duncan could I please take a picture?"

His response was a rude "I don't do pictures".

The mom with the girls is a fan and was shocked at how rude he was.

I could understand a "Thanks for being a fan, but now's not a good time".

Still a fan, but disappointed TD is not as fan friendly as I'd imagined him to be.

Chinook
04-22-2014, 10:01 PM
She has had contact with other Spurs, so she's not exactly star struck and a huge BB fan.

My daughter calmly went up to TD and said "Excuse me Mr. Duncan could I please take a picture?"

Still a fan, but disappointed TD is not as fan friendly as I'd imagined him to be.

You don't remember him flipping off that fan at a drug store? Duncan seems more like a brutally honest man than a rude one. He wants to keep his life private. He could have sugarcoated that, but what's the point?

boutons_deux
04-22-2014, 10:02 PM

If he was known for "doing pictures", then he'd get even more harassed in public than he is now.

DPG21920
04-22-2014, 10:14 PM
You don't remember him flipping off that fan at a drug store? Duncan seems more like a brutally honest man than a rude one. He wants to keep his life private. He could have sugarcoated that, but what's the point?

Well, it's ultimately Tim's decision, but there's nothing wrong with being nicer. He doesn't necessarily owe anyone anything, but fans have really supported him and helped him become who he was (especially financially). I don't really take one account as gospel on how someone is, but just making an overall point.

weeks
04-23-2014, 12:26 AM
tim never struck me as a particularly nice guy.
i think he's so quiet and emotionless, people tend to project their assumptions onto him. he must be sweet, nice, etc.

i think he's just an honest player who doesn't care for attention and resents it, and i don't think he particularly gives a damn if it hurts someone's feelings.

it's hard seeing that kind of brutal realness get dished to a kid, but in the long run it's for the best. disillusionment is part of growing up. we aren't 7'2 celebrities in a town full of short mexicans; we aren't constantly getting bombarded with people pestering us for attention and recognition.

my favorite band is NIN; but trent reznor is a total fuckhead in person

playbonner15
04-23-2014, 12:32 AM

Duncan putting fans in their place :lol

I hope he does this too:
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Dikembe-Mutumbo-Cereal-Block-Geico.gif

Chinook
04-23-2014, 12:36 AM
Duncan putting fans in their place :lol

I hope he does this too:
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Dikembe-Mutumbo-Cereal-Block-Geico.gif

That kid doing his best Splitter impersonation.

BillMc
04-23-2014, 07:24 AM

Yeah, that's a bit disappointing, though understandable. If he takes one picture he has to take one with everyone in the shop. Still, I'm very sorry he was rude to your daughter. He should appreciate that they are fans of his.

On the TD not talking to TP as a rookie, I can't believe this is getting coverage. It was just a funny story, likely highly embellished, by Tony.

Brazil
04-23-2014, 07:51 AM

I missed it

thanks for sharing

good writing will ! :tu

Brazil
04-23-2014, 07:59 AM
But I think Parker would. Tony seems to have the fewest friends out of every player on the team. He or Danny.

? that seems a bit odd to say that tbh

Parker has a lot of friends in the team and outside the team

Recently he is not hanging around a lot with the crew frogging and co because I believe he is having a family. It's his first one so I bet he is spending his down time with his fiancee

superjames1992
04-23-2014, 10:18 AM
I think Duncan was a different guy back when Parker was a rookie. Sure, Tim was already a superstar, but I don't know if he was anywhere near the leader he is today. Robinson was still there, and I think he was probably still the heart and soul of the team. Now, I don't think Tim would consider not talking to a rookie for the whole season. But I think Parker would. Tony seems to have the fewest friends out of every player on the team. He or Danny.

Danny has a lot of friends on the Heat. He even parties with them when they win, tbh.

dbreiden83080
04-23-2014, 10:59 AM
tim never struck me as a particularly nice guy.
i think he's so quiet and emotionless, people tend to project their assumptions onto him. he must be sweet, nice, etc.

i think he's just an honest player who doesn't care for attention and resents it, and i don't think he particularly gives a damn if it hurts someone's feelings.

it's hard seeing that kind of brutal realness get dished to a kid, but in the long run it's for the best. disillusionment is part of growing up. we aren't 7'2 celebrities in a town full of short mexicans; we aren't constantly getting bombarded with people pestering us for attention and recognition.

my favorite band is NIN; but trent reznor is a total fuckhead in person

There is tons of evidence to suggest he is very humble. Nice usually goes along with that.

Chinook
04-23-2014, 11:18 AM
Danny has a lot of friends on the Heat. He even parties with them when they win, tbh.

If you're Super James, I don't want to meet Regular James.

Spur|n|Austin
04-23-2014, 11:23 AM

How about Mediocre James? Yikes.

superjames1992
04-23-2014, 11:33 AM
We're both lame and do lousy shticks, tbqh.

One of my shticks is favoring Marco over Danny, but Marco's horrendous play is making that difficult lately. :cry

pivdro
04-23-2014, 11:50 AM
everyone here making excuses for Duncan, but i think that silent treatmnet for a rookie is a dick move.
Especially for 19 year old from europe, you're coming here, everything is new to you, and tony is trying to be friendly with everyone, and when pop shouts at you all day and star of the team doesn't talk to you.

Baam
04-23-2014, 12:00 PM
http://youtu.be/w3Sp3AHowks

That vid makes me laugh every time tbh...

dbreiden83080
04-23-2014, 12:11 PM
everyone here making excuses for Duncan, but i think that silent treatmnet for a rookie is a dick move.
Especially for 19 year old from europe, you're coming here, everything is new to you, and tony is trying to be friendly with everyone, and when pop shouts at you all day and star of the team doesn't talk to you.

This is not a Shaq Kobe relationship Tony Parker basically worships Tim Duncan today.

Chinook
04-23-2014, 12:15 PM
We're both lame and do lousy shticks, tbqh.

One of my shticks is favoring Marco over Danny, but Marco's horrendous play is making that difficult lately. :cry

:lol :toast

Floyd Pacquiao
04-23-2014, 12:23 PM
Duncan gets paid millions to play a game, you would think taking a pic with a fan is the least he could do.

Shaolin-Style
04-23-2014, 12:49 PM
Duncan gets paid millions to play a game, you would think taking a pic with a fan is the least he could do.

Fame can wear on you and sometimes all you want to have is peace of mind and your privacy. He's been charitable and fan friendly at times, but you can't keep the light switch on 24/7 without getting burned out eventually.

Mel_13
04-23-2014, 12:54 PM

Duncan takes pictures with fans all the time.

Fans shouldn't expect him to respond favorably to unsolicited requests when he's out in the community on his own person business.

DesignatedT
04-23-2014, 01:14 PM
Damion James even tweeted the other day about Duncan coming up and talking to him on his first day as a Spur or whatever. So yeah.