PDA

View Full Version : ACL 2014

Spur|n|Austin
04-22-2014, 10:32 AM
Just got my tickets for weekend one - pretty damn solid lineup this year, especially with Outkast back together and headlining.

I could do without Pearl Jam AGAIN, but it should be another awesome weekend.

Anyone else going?

http://i.imgur.com/orzx48m.png

The Gemini Method
04-22-2014, 10:43 AM
Phantogram!

ColinB
04-22-2014, 10:45 AM
Not too into the lineup. I would want to see CHVRCHES though because I want to marry that chick.

Spur|n|Austin
04-22-2014, 10:47 AM
Not too into the lineup. I would want to see CHVRCHES though because I want to marry that chick.

They are great live, I saw them at sxsw 2 years ago before they blew up, and they put on a killer show. And yes, she's a cutie.

ColinB
04-22-2014, 10:54 AM
They are great live, I saw them at sxsw 2 years ago before they blew up, and they put on a killer show. And yes, she's a cutie.

Nice.

I guess my main problem with the lineup is the bands I would want to see...I've already seen. Pearl Jam in 09. I've seen Belle and Sebastian (great live), Beck, The Replacements, etc. I guess I'm not really familiar with a lot of the bottom tier bands this time around. I bet Lana Del Rey is pretty cool live though.

Also seems like this is turning into a rave.

Spur|n|Austin
04-22-2014, 11:25 AM
Nice.

I guess my main problem with the lineup is the bands I would want to see...I've already seen. Pearl Jam in 09. I've seen Belle and Sebastian (great live), Beck, The Replacements, etc. I guess I'm not really familiar with a lot of the bottom tier bands this time around. I bet Lana Del Rey is pretty cool live though.

Also seems like this is turning into a rave.

Yeah I saw Peal Jam in 09 too, no idea why they are back on the ticket.

I'm looking forward to Phantogram, Turnpike Troubadours, Lana del Rey, Gaslight, Fitz, Chromeo, Broken Bells, Trombone Shorty, Childish Gambino, Spoon, Foster the Peeps, and of course Chvrches, Outkast and Eminem.

leemajors
04-22-2014, 12:56 PM
Yeah I saw Peal Jam in 09 too, no idea why they are back on the ticket.

I'm looking forward to Phantogram, Turnpike Troubadours, Lana del Rey, Gaslight, Fitz, Chromeo, Broken Bells, Trombone Shorty, Childish Gambino, Spoon, Foster the Peeps, and of course Chvrches, Outkast and Eminem.

they're a sure fire draw aren't they?

Spur|n|Austin
04-22-2014, 01:05 PM
they're a sure fire draw aren't they?

Sure fire!

leemajors
04-22-2014, 02:01 PM
Sure fire!

:lol I didn't realize how old that is until I saw it on screen.

CubanSucks
04-22-2014, 10:46 PM
Would love Eminem, Outkast, Beck, Foster the People (the less girly songs), Calvin Harris (even tho he's only blown up over a couple songs), CHVRCHES, and Phantogram

Eddie Vedder can choke on a cock, Skrillex is lame as shit, Icona pop and Capital Cities are the most undeserving flashes in the pan ever, and I've never heard of any of the ones below that line

YES. She's cute as FUCK and her voice is even cuter than that

CubanSucks
04-22-2014, 10:47 PM
Although the chick from Grouplove may be top of the list dancing around in that skeleton costume tbh

Stan
04-22-2014, 11:11 PM
Remember when we met in Denver - you said if I'd write you
you would write back - see I'm just like you in a way
I never knew my father neither;
he used to always cheat on my mom and beat her
I can relate to what you're saying in your songs
so when I have a shitty day, I drift away and put 'em on
cause I don't really got shit else so that shit helps when I'm depressed
I even got a tattoo with your name across the chest

Spur|n|Austin
04-22-2014, 11:39 PM
Although the chick from Grouplove may be top of the list dancing around in that skeleton costume tbh

:tu

Proxy
04-23-2014, 10:55 AM
Have heard some good shit from Mac Demarco recently. Would like to see him and St Vincent. Chvrches could be cool. Outkast is the biggest headliner imo

I see a lot of you guys excited for Phantogram... saw them a few months back. As live performers, nothing special imho. Sarah Barthel is super fine though.

AFI... wtf are they still doing around?

Spur|n|Austin
04-23-2014, 11:27 AM
Have heard some good shit from Mac Demarco recently. Would like to see him and St Vincent. Chvrches could be cool. Outkast is the biggest headliner imo

I see a lot of you guys excited for Phantogram... saw them a few months back. As live performers, nothing special imho. Sarah Barthel is super fine though.

AFI... wtf are they still doing around?

Outkast is def about 80% the reason I bought the passes.

Saw Phantogram last night at Stubbs, pretty fucking awesome set. To each their own I guess.

Yeah AFI - wtf is right :lol no idea on some of the decisions C3 makes some years.

leemajors
04-23-2014, 11:38 AM

Saw Phantogram last night at Stubbs, pretty fucking awesome set. To each their own I guess.

Yeah AFI - wtf is right :lol no idea on some of the decisions C3 makes some years.

Hopefully you can actually hear Big Boi and Andre. The coachella set sounded great but you couldn't hear them rap for shit.

Spur|n|Austin
04-23-2014, 11:44 AM
Hopefully you can actually hear Big Boi and Andre. The coachella set sounded great but you couldn't hear them rap for shit.

Yeah I heard the samething. Since it was their first time on stage together in years, I imagine they have some kinks to work out. I think they are doing a couple of other festivals before ACL, so hopefully its good to go by October.

leemajors
04-23-2014, 11:49 AM
Yeah I heard the samething. Since it was their first time on stage together in years, I imagine they have some kinks to work out. I think they are doing a couple of other festivals before ACL, so hopefully its good to go by October.

In my experience it's a problem with live hip hop shows in general. Smaller venues, not as much of an issue.

monosylab1k
04-23-2014, 11:50 AM
I don't know if there's a music act i am less interested in seeing than 40-something, family man, play it safe, collaborate with Bruno Mars, never say anything controversial ever again, boring old Eminem.

Proxy
04-23-2014, 12:53 PM
In my experience it's a problem with live hip hop shows in general. Smaller venues, not as much of an issue.

Agreed. Seen Deltron/Hieroglyphics on 3 separate occasions. Smaller indoor venue (Emos) held the sound much better than it did outside at the FFF Fest

hey well... there's so many variables that can go into a show. I saw them at the Mohawk a few months back... they're still an awesome band imo. Like em a lot.

:tu tbh

JudynTX
04-24-2014, 01:20 PM
I've only heard of Pearl Jam from that list. :lol

leemajors
04-24-2014, 01:31 PM
Agreed. Seen Deltron/Hieroglyphics on 3 separate occasions. Smaller indoor venue (Emos) held the sound much better than it did outside at the FFF Fest

hey well... there's so many variables that can go into a show. I saw them at the Mohawk a few months back... there still an awesome band imo. Like em a lot.

:tu tbh

Yeah I dunno what the club is called anymore, it was the Mercury for a bit, but I saw two awesome hip hop shows there around 2001-2002 - Living Legends opened for the Alkaholiks, and Rahzel opening for Mix Master Mike. Small club, great sound. Open air venues just don't work as well imo.

The Gemini Method
04-24-2014, 01:35 PM
The Glitch Mob is awesome live. They also have my initials so you know I'm gonna endorse 'em. Beck was one of the best performers @ Coachella according to many. I'd like to see Childish Gambino and The Averett Bros.

Spur|n|Austin
04-24-2014, 02:02 PM
The Glitch Mob is awesome live. They also have my initials so you know I'm gonna endorse 'em. Beck was one of the best performers @ Coachella according to many. I'd like to see Childish Gambino and The Averett Bros.

Agreed on Childish - I'm actually seeing Beck at ACL Live Studios on Sunday, pretty pumped since I heard great things from Cochella :tu

No heavy metal, sorry Judy :)

CubanSucks
04-24-2014, 06:53 PM

Eminem, Outkast, or Beck? I don't believe you

ColinB
04-24-2014, 07:06 PM
A buddy of mine saw Outkast at Coachella (weekend 2) and said it was just an okay performance. Said the crowd was pretty weak so maybe that was a factor.

The Reckoning
04-25-2014, 03:52 AM
would love to see eminem rapping about spaghetti

The Reckoning
04-25-2014, 07:26 AM
eminem should rap this.

http://youtu.be/5-wRU0_WDxQ

Spur|n|Austin
10-03-2014, 11:37 AM
Anybody here who's going have fun today - Sunday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0tamp9XdqU

DPG21920
10-03-2014, 12:54 PM
I might go next week. I've been several times so it's not a new thing - the luster has worn off for me some.

The Gemini Method
10-03-2014, 01:33 PM
A buddy of mine saw Outkast at Coachella (weekend 2) and said it was just an okay performance. Said the crowd was pretty weak so maybe that was a factor.

Interesting. That was the better performance of OutKast according to my blog writing friend who was there for both weekends. I saw them prior to them breaking up and it was a great performance. I'm glad I didn't sully the memory of that performance with the Coachella one.

Spurminator
10-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Saw them at Lollapalooza, good set but front-loaded. I was surprised by how many monster hits they did up front. Crowd was better than expected.

The Gemini Method
10-03-2014, 02:03 PM
Saw them at Lollapalooza, good set but front-loaded. I was surprised by how many monster hits they did up front. Crowd was better than expected.

Did they debut any new material? That could be the way shows are these days...hook you with the classics and maybe keep one or two for the encore; mix in your new stuff. Before it gets blown out on the 'net.

Spurminator
10-03-2014, 03:14 PM
Nah, I don't think so. There were a few songs I wasn't 100% familiar with but here is the setlist.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/outkast/2014/grant-park-chicago-il-bceb11e.html

Jeff Leppard
10-03-2014, 03:27 PM
Bollocks! Doesn't anyone like rock n' roll anymore?!

ohmwrecker
10-03-2014, 03:35 PM
ACl isn't doing it for me this year. Going to FFF instead.

spurraider21
10-03-2014, 03:42 PM
i saw Spoon about 2 months ago, they had a concert at the hollywood forever cemetary, they were pretty damn good.

ChumpDumper
10-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Enjoy yourselves. I'm leaving town.

leemajors
10-14-2014, 01:33 PM
Interesting. That was the better performance of OutKast according to my blog writing friend who was there for both weekends. I saw them prior to them breaking up and it was a great performance. I'm glad I didn't sully the memory of that performance with the Coachella one.

My sis hooked up a VIP pass and I go to see them Friday. They did at least 4 apiece off the first three, and it was fantastic. it was hilarious to see the younger kids slightly lost when Hootie Hoo started, and all the 30 and ups go nuts screaming. Sleepy Brown showed up too :tu They played for about an hour and forty five minutes. They went all out, it was fucking great, and if I were to guess they may not tour again for a long time. Andre was into it too though, don't worry.