PDA

View Full Version : Knicks: was just listening to NY sports radio on my way to the office...

ElNono
04-22-2014, 11:26 AM
They had Mitch Lawrence on the phone, from the New York Daily News.

They were discussing what Phil could possibly pick for head-coaching job, and obviously Kerr was first in line.

But they also were saying that if Mark Jackson gets fired, fans might clamor for him to take the head coaching job :lmao

Though they said Phil is unlikely to offer him the job since he's not in his circle of close friends/assistants....

lefty
04-22-2014, 11:39 AM
hopefully Kerr will be a better coach than he is a GM

Fabbs
04-22-2014, 11:56 AM
^^^ Exactly.
Why is Kerr a candidate period, let alone a top candidate -allegedly.
His analysis when announcing Spurs, or any other games is horrible.

Phildo surely has some scam planned but i cannot see how Kerr fits into it.

Budkin
04-22-2014, 12:18 PM
Proof that being a great coach does not make you a good team president. Kerr as coach? :lmao

buttsR4rebounding
04-22-2014, 02:00 PM

They were discussing what Phil could possibly pick for head-coaching job, and obviously Kerr was first in line.

But they also were saying that if Mark Jackson gets fired, fans might clamor for him to take the head coaching job :lmao

Though they said Phil is unlikely to offer him the job since he's not in his circle of close friends/assistants....

Maybe Jeanie Buss can coach the team!?!

JamStone
04-22-2014, 03:07 PM
Phil should hire Shaq just to get him off of TNT please.

ElNono
04-22-2014, 03:59 PM
Maybe Jeanie Buss can coach the team!?!

Your guess is as good as mine... they did also mention the rumors that Kerr might land the Golden State job if Mark Jackson is fired...

Franklin
04-22-2014, 07:02 PM
anyone taking the Knicks post will be just a puppet to Phil though.

HemisfairArena
04-22-2014, 07:18 PM
I think the move to make would be to hire Jeff Van Gundy back. Solid coach and he knows the New York pressure. Phil Jackson/Jeff Van Gundy,,,,solid duo to land free agents.

HemisfairArena
04-22-2014, 07:30 PM
Not to mention Jeff Van Gundy has lead his teams to the playoffs 9 out of 11 years he was head coach and never missed the playoffs as the Knicks head coach until he quit during his last season there,,,,also guiding them to their last Finals appearance. And the dude never had franchise talent. He didn't have Hakeem as his center when the Rockets coach,,,,he had often injured Ming and McGrady. In New York he had to go against Phil Jackson and Popovich with a severely out matched roster.

scanry
04-22-2014, 08:04 PM
^^^ Exactly.
Why is Kerr a candidate period, let alone a top candidate -allegedly.
His analysis when announcing Spurs, or any other games is horrible.

Phildo surely has some scam planned but i cannot see how Kerr fits into it.

He's probably the best color commentator in Basketball. His ananlyis is always bang on.

baseline bum
04-22-2014, 08:13 PM
I think the move to make would be to hire Jeff Van Gundy back. Solid coach and he knows the New York pressure. Phil Jackson/Jeff Van Gundy,,,,solid duo to land free agents.

No way Van Gundy wants to coach in New York again. LOL at the media wanting to fire him the whole time they were making that run to the Finals in 1999.

HemisfairArena
04-22-2014, 08:45 PM
No way Van Gundy wants to coach in New York again. LOL at the media wanting to fire him the whole time they were making that run to the Finals in 1999.

When doesn't New York try and run off a coach/manager? They tried to run Joe Torre off everytime the Yanks didnt win the World Series and Coughlin from the Giants even after they beat the Patriots the first time in the Super Bowl. You need a guy like Gundy who has been there,,,done that and got the t-shirt,,,,and didn't fold like a cheap lawn chair in the process. If you blow the jack to get Phil Jackson,,,,you do the same to get Jeff Van Gundy,,,,no sense to be frugal now.

FromWayDowntown
04-22-2014, 09:00 PM
The way NY sports talk radio goes, I'm only slightly surprised that there isn't a hue and cry for Phil to do "whatever it takes" to get Popovich to leave the Spurs. "Yea, dis is Vinny from Queens and I tink Phil autta offa Pahp $50 million a yeah to come coach da greatest franchise in da whole world."

ElNono
04-22-2014, 09:21 PM
The way NY sports talk radio goes, I'm only slightly surprised that there isn't a hue and cry for Phil to do "whatever it takes" to get Popovich to leave the Spurs. "Yea, dis is Vinny from Queens and I tink Phil autta offa Pahp $50 million a yeah to come coach da greatest franchise in da whole world."

"we haf da best cuoffe in da nation!"

Knicksfan called in the other day to say the Knicks had the best roster in the league, they were just missing a PG. True story. :lol

HemisfairArena
04-22-2014, 09:28 PM

Best ever take on Bahstan fans,,,,listen to this.

x-A0aw70X6E

HemisfairArena
04-22-2014, 09:30 PM
Here it is,,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-A0aw70X6E

Splits
04-22-2014, 10:01 PM
Here it is,,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-A0aw70X6E

Solid link

LkrFan
04-22-2014, 10:30 PM

You get New York radio on your San Antonio farm? :wow You must have XM or some shit. :lol

ElNono
04-22-2014, 10:50 PM
You get New York radio on your San Antonio farm? :wow You must have XM or some shit. :lol

There's more to the world than Méjico and Japan, Roberto. :lol

LkrFan
04-22-2014, 11:29 PM
There's more to the world than Méjico and Japan, Roberto. :lol

:lmao