PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: D12: We have to play inside out

ambchang
04-22-2014, 08:03 PM
After losing on his home court in Game 1, Dwight Howard has a thought as to how the Houston Rockets can turn the tables on LaMarcus Aldridge and the Portland Trail Blazers in their opening-round playoff series.

"We have to play inside out, play their bigs and make it a long night for those guys," Howard told the Houston Chronicle on Tuesday. "I have to demand the ball, get it and go to work."

Howard scored 27 points on 9-of-21 shooting and had 15 rebounds in the Rockets' 122-120 overtime loss to the Blazers on Sunday night. Game 2 is Wednesday.

CONTINUE HERE --> (http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/10821091/dwight-howard-houston-rockets-says-demand-ball-more)

Didn't D12 have one of the worst post up efficiencies in the league this year?

lefty
04-22-2014, 08:18 PM
That's what he said to his illegitimate kids' mothers

Mikeanaro
04-22-2014, 08:38 PM
Dwert is a very smart nig he could be a great coach in his dreams.

LkrFan
04-22-2014, 09:04 PM
Where have I heard this shit before? Hmmmm

Katherine Robinson
04-22-2014, 09:23 PM

Dwight's way of saying Harden gets too many touches, just like he said Kobe had too many touches. He was right on both accounts, but passive-aggressive whining nonetheless.

LkrFan
04-22-2014, 09:55 PM
Dwight's way of saying Harden gets too many touches, just like he said Kobe had too many touches. He was right on both accounts, but passive-aggressive whining nonetheless.
He's right in theory, but his low post game sucks azz. Kobe and Beard by default are better scoring options for this very reason and should "eat first" tbh. Maybe they both were (are) overcompensating for his offensive ineptness?

Like Kobe before him, Beard needs to be reigned in, otherwise Coward will stop guarding the yard...like Shaq did {fingers cr:lolssed}

Katherine Robinson
04-22-2014, 10:01 PM
He's right in theory, but his low post game sucks azz. Kobe and Beard by default are better scoring options for this very reason and should "eat first" tbh. Maybe they both were (are) overcompensating for his offensive ineptness?

Like Kobe before him, Beard needs to be reigned in, otherwise Coward will stop guarding the yard...like Shaq did {fingers cr:lolssed}

Dwight just needs to work on his flopping and he'll be just as good as Harden

Calispursfan11
04-22-2014, 10:14 PM
You call this analysis? Come on guys. You can do better.

weeks
04-22-2014, 10:23 PM
that's the biggest thing i can't stand about dwight. he has the personality of a competitor, supposedly, but he acts completely bitchmade when it comes to any sort of drama or team chemistry.
it's the pathos of a boy who's still trying to be popular and loved; he doesn't know how to stand up and just openly speak his piece.
no wonder kobe couldn't stand him

Technique
04-23-2014, 02:41 AM
Dwight has been to the finals playing inside out, he's proven he can win when the team is focused around him. Difference is now he has James Harden and the pick and roll guru Jeremy Lin.

Double-Up
04-23-2014, 06:57 AM
After losing on his home court in Game 1, Dwight Howard has a thought as to how the Houston Rockets can turn the tables on LaMarcus Aldridge and the Portland Trail Blazers in their opening-round playoff series.

"We have to play inside out, play their bigs and make it a long night for those guys," Howard told the Houston Chronicle on Tuesday. "I have to demand the ball, get it and go to work."

Howard scored 27 points on 9-of-21 shooting and had 15 rebounds in the Rockets' 122-120 overtime loss to the Blazers on Sunday night. Game 2 is Wednesday.

CONTINUE HERE --> (http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/10821091/dwight-howard-houston-rockets-says-demand-ball-more)

Didn't D12 have one of the worst post up efficiencies in the league this year?

He needs to set hard pick and rolls with Harden but he'd rather attempt pathetic post ups.

Koolaid_Man
04-23-2014, 07:33 AM
Dwight has been to the finals playing inside out, he's proven he can win when the team is focused around him. Difference is now he has James Harden and the pick and roll guru Jeremy Lin.

Dwight don't know what the fuck he's doing out there tbh:

T2TBz2phCgY

Koolaid_Man
04-23-2014, 07:44 AM
Dwight just needs to work on his flopping and he'll be just as good as Harden

^ It's pointless b-cuz he won't even know how to flop right. CAP said it best:

“Dwight is an extraordinary athlete, he has incredible athletic ability, but basketball is a game where the most important muscle you use on the court is the one between your ears. Dwight’s basketball IQ is not up to speed for him to be a dominant player. He has problems at both ends of the court, he doesn’t have a go-to move. I had to prepare Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum to play against Dwight in the playoffs in 2009 for the World Championship and it was an easy job, because if you take certain things away from him he doesn’t have an answer for it. So he needs to develop some skills, at both ends of the court, that would enable him to consistently contribute to a winning effort, and he hasn’t done that.”

Sybok
04-23-2014, 11:25 AM
That's great if either were actually playing for a "world championship". I didn't realize Bynum and Gasol both played on the same FIBA team.

hater
04-23-2014, 04:31 PM

In Orlando and in LA. It's his standard response after a big loss. The guy has a tiny brain

spurraider21
04-23-2014, 09:52 PM
i guess he was right you fucking twats :lol

they need to do something different with softridge though. he's abusing them again