PDA

View Full Version : Pacers: Scola has earned himself a starting spot. Bench that damn scrub Hibbert.

dallasmaverickslose
04-22-2014, 09:23 PM
These should be the exact thoughts going through Frank Vogel's head as we speak, if he has any sense. I cannot describe how underwhelming Roy "freak of nature" Hibbert has been for the longest time now.

When you have a man on a mission like Luis Scola playing Olympics worthy ball off the bench, you really need to consider sitting your "franchise" center's sorry underperforming ass on the bench. Kirby style.

:wow

ElNono
04-22-2014, 09:25 PM
These should be the exact thoughts going through Frank Vogel's head as we speak, if he has any sense. I cannot describe how underwhelming Roy "freak of nature" Hibbert has been for the longest time now.

When you have a man on a mission like Luis Scola playing Olympics worthy ball off the bench, you really need to consider sitting your "franchise" center's sorry underperforming ass on the bench. Kirby style.

:wow

He shat the bed in game 1, and was partially responsible for the Pacers bench getting destroyed. He's a fighter, but he's too inconsistent at this point in his career...

dallasmaverickslose
04-22-2014, 09:26 PM
He shat the bed in game 1, and was partially responsible for the Pacers bench getting destroyed. He's a fighter, but he's too inconsistent at this point in his career...

I'd take him over the "franchise center" who has been shatting the bed all season, tbh...

rogues
04-22-2014, 09:27 PM
That would Frizzell things up, tbh..

baseline bum
04-22-2014, 09:28 PM

That's a lot better than Hibbert's consistent dicksucking performances the last couple of months. At this point I'm not sure Hibbert would deserve minutes over Ayres if he was classy enough to be a Spur.

ElNono
04-22-2014, 09:31 PM
The problem for Hibbert this series specifically is that both Millsap and Antic can shoot the long ball...

Scola helps if he's hitting his jumpers. Which is a big if from game to game...

dallasmaverickslose
04-22-2014, 09:42 PM
Serious question, does Hibbert know how to score? His stats overall (considering all the hype and praise he receives) are pretty underwhelming, and I sometimes think his defensive presence is overrated. How is a guy with his physical gifts not excelling?

Clipper Nation
04-22-2014, 09:43 PM

:lol

baseline bum
04-22-2014, 09:48 PM
This is the player I always expected Hibbert to be watching him at Georgetown. Can't believe this is the same guy who was murdering Miami in the ECF last year.

IrisHockey
04-23-2014, 12:05 AM

:lol he wants nothing to do with you now

Gummi Clutch
04-23-2014, 12:19 AM
:lol he wants nothing to do with you now
Don't stop there, make sure you go all the way down to the shaft faggot. I know I probably just made your day by even giving you the attention you beg for routinely, so remember that.

ambchang
04-23-2014, 09:47 AM
Hibbert is just not suited for today's NBA game, where there are so many stretch fours and fives, as well as rules that benefit penetrating perimeter players.

His presence on defense can be easily negated because of the three-second defensive rule, in which he is forced to leave the paint area and stick with his man if his man can actually shoot it from 20 feet. His below average foot speed and lateral quickness will not allow him to follow his man, giving up wide open looks and cuts pretty much every time down the court. To make matters worse, he just doesn't have the reaction time and quickness to pop back in the paint area when the opposition is slashing in the lane.

On offense, he is slow and awkward on the block, and has relatively poor vision for a man of his height. He stops guys like Paul George from getting into the lane because his man can always leave him to cut off penetration, and then recover when Hibbert's got the ball.

That said, Hibbert can be very effective against teams that does not have stretch bigs (one guy he can actually guard), and teams that doesn't have a big enough center.

Indiana can still make some noise, I believe the team need some situational adjustments and would be fine. The Nets, from the looks of it, should be a matchup nightmare for the Pacers, but if Raptors can actually pull it off against BKN (doubtful), I think the Pacers will dominate the Raptors due to matchups). The Pacers will still be a good matchup against the Heat.

Sybok
04-23-2014, 11:20 AM
When people realize Frank Vogel is a tool, they will stop blaming the players for their effectiveness on the chess board that is the court. The Pacers don't play inside out, not with super-nig shooting every time he touches the ball and tard-nig competing against his own team for recognition. Then you have a PG who's barely able to crack a line up in the NBA but is starting for the Pacers. They are a clusterfuck of talent. It's there, but it's so disorganized that there's no real semblance of team play. Sure they have the best record in the East, but look at how shitty the Nets and Knicks were early on, and the others were much better.

Captivus
04-23-2014, 11:30 AM
Hibbert is just not suited for today's NBA game, where there are so many stretch fours and fives, as well as rules that benefit penetrating perimeter players.

His presence on defense can be easily negated because of the three-second defensive rule, in which he is forced to leave the paint area and stick with his man if his man can actually shoot it from 20 feet. His below average foot speed and lateral quickness will not allow him to follow his man, giving up wide open looks and cuts pretty much every time down the court. To make matters worse, he just doesn't have the reaction time and quickness to pop back in the paint area when the opposition is slashing in the lane.

On offense, he is slow and awkward on the block, and has relatively poor vision for a man of his height. He stops guys like Paul George from getting into the lane because his man can always leave him to cut off penetration, and then recover when Hibbert's got the ball.

That said, Hibbert can be very effective against teams that does not have stretch bigs (one guy he can actually guard), and teams that doesn't have a big enough center.

Indiana can still make some noise, I believe the team need some situational adjustments and would be fine. The Nets, from the looks of it, should be a matchup nightmare for the Pacers, but if Raptors can actually pull it off against BKN (doubtful), I think the Pacers will dominate the Raptors due to matchups). The Pacers will still be a good matchup against the Heat.

I think Jonas could give Hibbert a lot of problems. The guy is averaging 16.5 and 16.5 (per 36) during the 2 games he played during PO.

spurraider21
04-23-2014, 12:36 PM
For the past couple of months Hibbert has looked like robin Lopez on offense and brook Lopez on defense and the boards. Ideally it would be the reverse

ambchang
04-23-2014, 01:07 PM
I think Jonas could give Hibbert a lot of problems. The guy is averaging 16.5 and 16.5 (per 36) during the 2 games he played during PO.

Jonas is very mechanical and slow. His advantage is his size which I feel could be negated by Hibbert. He's doing so well because the nets are playing plumlee against him. Garnett can probably do a better job on him with more minutes

ambchang
04-23-2014, 01:08 PM

Jonas is very mechanical and slow. His advantage is his size which I feel could be negated by Hibbert. He's doing so well because the nets are playing plumlee against him. Garnett can probably do a better job on him with more minutes

san antonio spurs
04-23-2014, 01:56 PM
He played against Garnett, Plumlee and Blatche. For long streches, he was the only big Toronto was using while Kidd was rotating his bigs

ambchang
04-23-2014, 03:16 PM
He played against Garnett, Plumlee and Blatche. For long streches, he was the only big Toronto was using while Kidd was rotating his bigs

I know, he did well against Plumlee, but I didn't find that he was that great against Garnett. I just want to see more Garnett on JV and see how he'd react.

hater
04-23-2014, 04:36 PM
Roger Hibbert would not fare well in the playoffs vs. OKC. Can you imagine him trying to do his pathetic post moves vs. Perkins or Ibaka. He would fare worse vs. Memphis. He's just too slow, too flatfooted and too unskilled to do anything vs. a good defensive frontline. That' why my man Antic is making minced meat out of that nigga.

But he's great vs. Miami. And he will countinue to do damage to that shitty defensive Miami frontline. That's why you root for the Pacers baby. You root for the Pacers regardless of their major flaws

TacoCabanaFajitas
04-23-2014, 05:06 PM
If the Pacers have to face Washington it's over. Hibbert is going to have to drop 20/10 each game to get a win vs. Gortat and Nene. Will be a good series but I'll take the Wizards in 7

dallasmaverickslose
04-25-2014, 12:35 PM
Need I say more? It just keeps happening again and again.

If Scola isn't starting over Hibbert in game 4, Vogel is a confirmed moron.