PDA

View Full Version : NBA TV

redskinfan
04-23-2014, 02:05 PM
Does anyone know if the overall #1 seed has ever been relegated to the NBA channel before? Serious question here not trying to be a homer at all.

ajballer4
04-23-2014, 02:19 PM
If I'm not mistaken, we did also back against Memphis, because I remember watching game 5 on my computer. Miami had one last year. Unless it is a high profile team as the 8th seed, those are usually the ones on NBATV due to the mismatch

Drom John
04-23-2014, 02:31 PM
Not overall #1, but the other two first round NBA TV games scheduled are Indiana/Atlanta.

Drom John
04-23-2014, 02:42 PM
2013 Bucks/Heat
2012 Chicago did not (nor San Antonio)

superjames1992
04-23-2014, 02:56 PM
2011 vs. Memphis game 5. The game where Gary Neal hit the game-winning three at the buzzer to extend the series, IIRC.

Beaverfuzz
04-23-2014, 03:02 PM
Yes, NBATV is pretty much a standard on cable systems although you may have to sign up for a sports pack to get it.

Get a job you moocher.

TheyCallMePro
04-23-2014, 03:27 PM
It's pathetic that we've been relegated to NBAtv. Here's the problem: Most people don't have NBAtv. Not unless they pay for a sports subscription package, and even those who DO have it, probably don't know what channel it's on anyways. Add that to the fact that this game is on at the SAME time as the nationally televised TNT game between MIA and CHA and you have basically the most insulting time and broadcast slot for a #1 seed ever.

Spurs fans: Don't wacth the game on NBAtv. Let their ratings SUFFER. Watch the game of Fox Sports Southwest. Frankly, I don't even know if the game will be available on NBAtv for those of us who live in SA (it's not in the regular season because FSSW has exclusive rights in this area) but if it is, don't watch it. Besides, all of the games shown on ESPN, TNT and NBAtv are delayed 15 seconds. FSSW is broadcast in real time and better anyways.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2014, 03:30 PM
NBAtv gets blacked out when FSSW carries the same game.

mookie2001
04-23-2014, 03:33 PM
That's not how ratings work

LarryDavid
04-23-2014, 03:40 PM
It's pathetic that we've been relegated to NBAtv. Here's the problem: Most people don't have NBAtv. Not unless they pay for a sports subscription package, and even those who DO have it, probably don't know what channel it's on anyways. Add that to the fact that this game is on at the SAME time as the nationally televised TNT game between MIA and CHA and you have basically the most insulting time and broadcast slot for a #1 seed ever.

Spurs fans: Don't wacth the game on NBAtv. Let their ratings SUFFER. Watch the game of Fox Sports Southwest. Frankly, I don't even know if the game will be available on NBAtv for those of us who live in SA (it's not in the regular season because FSSW has exclusive rights in this area) but if it is, don't watch it. Besides, all of the games shown on ESPN, TNT and NBAtv are delayed 15 seconds. FSSW is broadcast in real time and better anyways.

:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

sharkenleo
04-23-2014, 03:51 PM
What options are available for us outside Texas and no sports package subscription?

Pretty much just an online stream?

jermaine
04-23-2014, 03:54 PM
NBAtv gets blacked out when FSSW carries the same game.

So I'm in Dallas, which will be blacked out? Nbatv or fsn?

spurraider21
04-23-2014, 03:58 PM

:lmao yeah OK

ChumpDumper
04-23-2014, 04:09 PM
So I'm in Dallas, which will be blacked out? Nbatv or fsn?NBAtv since its a Mav game.

jARS mEsH sEt
04-23-2014, 04:53 PM
That's not how ratings work

Yeah this is a classic urban myth perpetuated by people who don't really know what they're talking about. Ratings for 2013-2014 affect future advertising deals for 2014-2015 (and beyond). Advertisers have already paid for 2013-2014 and 2013-2014 ratings obviously won't retrospectively affect 2013-2014 TV deals, but that's not the point.

cantthinkofanything
04-23-2014, 05:01 PM
So I'm in Dallas, which will be blacked out? Nbatv or fsn?

If you in Dallas, it's on Channel 21 I believe.

weeks
04-23-2014, 05:07 PM
this shit blows. i have NBA-TV on my package but i can't figure out what channel it's on :bang:bang:bang

Splits
04-23-2014, 05:26 PM
Shit sucks, I have NBATV and League Pass but I'm traveling and hotels don't carry NBATV and I can't get the game via League Pass. So I'm fucked, have to go to Hooters or some shit.

BillMc
04-23-2014, 05:29 PM
Shit sucks, I have NBATV and League Pass but I'm traveling and hotels don't carry NBATV and I can't get the game via League Pass. So I'm fucked, have to go to Hooters or some shit.

It better be on international league pass. I'm staying up to 3 AM in the Ukraine to watch something!

Reck
04-23-2014, 05:33 PM
Very dissapointed that this game will be shown on a network that not everyone has. Had to get rid of some things last year to cut costs. Cable was bill was ridiculous.

Hoping there will be a decent stream to watch.

spursfan1000
04-23-2014, 07:00 PM
Do people really want to watch Heat Cats rather then Mavs spurs?