PDA

View Full Version : Game of Arms

Avante
04-23-2014, 04:33 PM
The NFL used to have an arm wrestling tournament, Ed White a Viking offensive lineman won a couple. Cullen Bryant a Ram running back won one. I'd think someone in the league could hang with those "pros" we see on the tv show. I'd like to see rassler Mark Henry try it.

A couple of the pullers on the show are only 160ish pounds, beating guys over 300 pounds. That's amazing.

Avante
04-24-2014, 01:02 PM
Where's my posse of Blake, ChumpWhatever and CN to bump me up? I need those guys.

Katherine Robinson
04-24-2014, 01:25 PM
I don't know, Avante, arm wrestling at a professional level requires more finesse & technique than brawn. Brzenk has arms of steel, but he's perfected his technique to the point where his arm would break before his wrists unlock.

Avante
04-24-2014, 01:28 PM
I don't know, Avante, arm wrestling at a professional level requires more finesse & technique than brawn. Brzenk has arms of steel, but he's perfected his technique to the point where his arm would break before his wrists unlock.

Well if we see two pullers who both have that techinique down it will favor the bigger more powerful one. Especially if strapped together. I like the intensity involved.

Katherine Robinson
04-24-2014, 01:32 PM
Well if we see two pullers who both have that techinique down it will favor the bigger more powerful one. Especially if strapped together. I like the intensity involved.

I'm by no means an expert, but I would think that overall size might actually work against you if you ever let your opponent gain any torque.

Avante
04-24-2014, 01:33 PM
I'm by no means an expert, but I would think that overall size might actually work against you if you ever let your opponent gain any torque.

The worlds best pullers are the big guys. those in that 240-280 pound range. The giants over 300 seem to suffer with too much size.

Katherine Robinson
04-24-2014, 01:46 PM
The worlds best pullers are the big guys. those in that 240-280 pound range. The giants over 300 seem to suffer with too much size.

I think Brzenk was 210 at his peak, so 220-240 seems like a good range.

Katherine Robinson
04-24-2014, 01:49 PM
You also had Cleve Dean proving hand size is a difference maker.

Avante
04-24-2014, 02:19 PM
You also had Cleve Dean proving hand size is a difference maker.

How in the hell do you know about Cleve Dean? I think ya know more about this than you're letting on.

Yes, hand size/finger length do play a part in this. I just saw a match where the loser talked about that being a big factor.

Katherine Robinson
04-24-2014, 02:32 PM
How in the hell do you know about Cleve Dean? I think ya know more about this than you're letting on.

Yes, hand size/finger length do play a part in this. I just saw a match where the loser talked about that being a big factor.

Cleve was a legend, Avante, he's up there with Goodrich and Bzenk. Arm wrestling facinates me, seeing the Davids beat the Goliaths is truly a sight to behold. When a strongman, a person who trains to be the strongest in the world, cannot move Bzenk's arm much with all his might - you see that there is more going on than just a test of power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9jBcFf28Mc#start=0:00;end=1:40;cycles=-1;autoreplay=false;showoptions=false

Avante
04-24-2014, 02:45 PM
Cleve was a legend, Avante, he's up there with Goodrich and Bzenk. Arm wrestling facinates me, seeing the Davids beat the Goliaths is truly a sight to behold. When a strongman, a person who trains to be the strongest in the world, cannot move Bzenk's arm much with all his might - you see that there is more going on than just a test of power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9jBcFf28Mc#start=0:00;end=1:40;cycles=-1;autoreplay=false;showoptions=false

I'm not used to talking with those who know this stuff "here". Cool to see you do.

As ya know Dean was a big ole country boy, how cool was that? Yep, technique can make a huge difference.

Katherine Robinson
04-24-2014, 02:53 PM
I'm not used to talking with those who know this stuff "here". Cool to see you do.

As ya know Dean was a big ole country boy, how cool was that? Yep, technique can make a huge difference.

Have you had a chance to see Voyevoda? A very gifted arm wrestler, he's able to produce so much torque in a short amount of time. Him and Bagent have been at it, his arm strength and torque production is beyond amazing. I think he'd have a good shot at a younger and healthier Brzenk or Cleve.

Avante
04-24-2014, 03:03 PM
Have you had a chance to see Voyevoda? A very gifted arm wrestler, he's able to produce so much torque in a short amount of time. Him and Bagent have been at it, his arm strength and torque production is beyond amazing. I think he'd have a good shot at a younger and healthier Brzenk or Cleve.

Bagent, he's a stud. Love his attitude. I think I saw Voyevoda in a youtube video. I'm still learning names to some of these guys. Ya into arm wrestling at all you'll know about Cleve Dean.

Do you arm wrestle?

Katherine Robinson
04-24-2014, 03:10 PM
Bagent, he's a stud. Love his attitude. I think I saw Voyevoda in a youtube video. I'm still learning names to some of these guys. Ya into arm wrestling at all you'll know about Cleve Dean.

Do you arm wrestle?

I've learned and practiced a lot of the technique, but I've never competed - just won a few bets. It's a skill everybody should learn, you can beat somebody several times your strength just by knowing how to rotate the wrists of your opponent.

Bagent is a little too cocky at times, it has cost him matches. I think he tries to imitate Brzenk's showboating, but Brzenk usually knew when and when not to toy with his opponent.

Avante
04-24-2014, 03:20 PM
I've learned and practiced a lot of the technique, but I've never competed - just won a few bets. It's a skill everybody should learn, you can beat somebody several times your strength just by knowing how to rotate the wrists of your opponent.

Bagent is a little too cocky at times, it has cost him matches. I think he tries to imitate Brzenk's showboating, but Brzenk usually knew when and when not to toy with his opponent.

I've never lost but have only wrestled in bars. Never went up against a real arm wrestler. I do go for that quick turn then down and in. Speed in the turn being the key, ya get then turned ya pretty much have it won.

It's Bagents cockiness I like, he really does think he's superhuman and it shows. I saw him early on in his career and now on this tv show, huge improvement with some age.

Katherine Robinson
04-24-2014, 04:19 PM
I've never lost but have only wrestled in bars. Never went up against a real arm wrestler. I do go for that quick turn then down and in. Speed in the turn being the key, ya get then turned ya pretty much have it won.

It's Bagents cockiness I like, he really does think he's superhuman and it shows. I saw him early on in his career and now on this tv show, huge improvement with some age.

The sport needs personalities like Bagent, but I do think he's dug his own grave with his attitude a few times. Still, he's one of the top 3 in the game today. Surprisingly, almost at 50, Bzenk is still the best at his weight.