PDA

View Full Version : Looks almost exactly like the grizzlies 1st round series

GreasyJoe
04-23-2014, 09:53 PM
Spurs playing pretty much the same as in that series with the grizzlies.

-Completely different team as the regular season
-Lackadaisical final few games of the season where it throws off their rhythm

Not saying were are losing this series, but this time we have a healthier team the year of our first round exit...

Spurs7794
04-23-2014, 10:16 PM

Not saying were are losing this series, but this time we have a healthier team the year of our first round exit...

I disagree...memphis was a horrid matchup for us whereas this series, it feels like the Spurs have played a grand total of 15 minutes of playoff basketball. That series, we were trying but couldn't do anything. This series, feels like they haven't woken up yet. About 19 of those turnovers felt unforced.

Malik Hairston
04-23-2014, 10:17 PM
It actually looks nothing like the Grizzlies series, tbh:lol..

InRareForm
04-23-2014, 10:18 PM
:lol

mexicanjunior
04-23-2014, 10:23 PM

Yep...

Harry Callahan
04-23-2014, 10:24 PM
Mike Conley, motivated Z - Bo and motivated Gasol are NOT in that Dallas locker room.

The Mavericks are so fragile mentally they could win the next two games and still lose the series.

I'm thinking at least a split in Dallas. The Mavericks are too based in offense and their shots will not fall like they did tonight the rest of the series. Basically they played a perfect game and the Spurs were beyond sloppy with the ball. They will not hemorage turnovers again and they also know they cannot turn it off and on even against a less than scary Dallas squad. I mean come on, 24 freakin TOs the Spurs wrapped that game on a silver platter to the Mavies.

Unfortunately, I live in DFW and the less than intelligent sports media will drone on about the awesome Mavericks for three days.:sleep

It is time to deliver a beat down and get the universe back in order on Saturday.

Thebesteva
04-23-2014, 10:25 PM
It actually looks nothing like the Grizzlies series, tbh:lol..

Spurs fans reduced to grasping straws tbh :lol. I still think they pull it out though

SpurPadre
04-23-2014, 10:26 PM
It looks nothing like the Grizzlies series. They were a physical team that won with their D and post play while we had a dinged up Manu who was our best player that year. This Mavs team is a finesse team that's sparked by their great shooting and pick and roll play.

timtonymanu
04-23-2014, 10:27 PM
The Spurs were limping into the playoffs and playing their worst ball of the season.

Not even comparable.

HI-FI
04-23-2014, 10:27 PM
Mike Conley, motivated Z - Bo and motivated Gasol are NOT in that Dallas locker room.

The Mavericks are so fragile mentally they could win the next two games and still lose the series.

I'm thinking at least a split in Dallas. The Mavericks are too based in offense and their shots will not fall like they did tonight the rest of the series. Basically they played a perfect game and the Spurs were beyond sloppy with the ball. They will not hemorage turnovers again and they also know they cannot turn it off and on even against a less than scary Dallas squad. I mean come on, 24 freakin TOs

agree with this. could see Spurs losing another one in Dallas, hopefully not game 3 because this place will go crazy, per the par, but it's possible.

the amount of turnovers tonight were just something else.

Malik Hairston
04-23-2014, 10:29 PM
The Grizzlies were a physical, defensive team that tanked to get a banged-up Spurs team in round 1, a team they matched up perfectly with..

The Mavs are a finesse, offensive team that went all-out to avoid the Spurs in round 1, a team they match up terribly with..

RD2191
04-23-2014, 10:29 PM
Don't know why people keep bringing up turnovers. Our half court defense was shit either way.

Harry Callahan
04-23-2014, 10:35 PM
I just hope the team plays with the requisite urgency on Saturday...Today they were in a fog...

Let's be honest, this group MAY have one more shot at the playoffs after this year.

I hope they don't piss away a really good opportunity to make another deep run this year.

Dallas is a decent team, but they can have the screws put to them with the correct amount of harassment on D.

If the Spurs roll out another effort like tonight, they are in some trouble. It was a joke out there.

Sean Cagney
04-23-2014, 10:37 PM
The Spurs were limping into the playoffs and playing their worst ball of the season.

Not even comparable.

This is dead on!

ElNono
04-23-2014, 10:39 PM
:lol...

:lmao

Harry Callahan
04-23-2014, 10:40 PM
Don't know why people keep bringing up turnovers. Our half court defense was shit either way.

Because you lose a possession and allow the other team to fast break more than normal.

Because the Mavericks had 29 points off of turnovers in a 21 point loss.

Because TOs destroy any offensive rhythm you might be able to establish.

Because Dallas put up 28 more field goal attempts and shot over 50%

That is why. Basketball 101. You have to make each possession count.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-23-2014, 10:43 PM
Reminds me more of the Warrior series than Grizzlies series.

itzsoweezee
04-23-2014, 10:56 PM
Reminds me more of the Warrior series than Grizzlies series.

yup

Sybok
04-23-2014, 11:00 PM
Looks like the OKC/Memphis series... or the Indiana/Atlanta series... or the Toronto/Brooklyn series...or the Warriors/Clippers series.. or the Houston/Portland series.. but not like the Bulls/Wizards series or the Heat/Bobcats series.

Johnny RIngo
04-23-2014, 11:13 PM
Nothing like the Grizzlies series seeing as TD is not banged up, Manu doesn't have a broken arm, corpse of Dice is no longer on the team, RJ is long gone.

heyheymymy
04-23-2014, 11:16 PM
looks nothing like the mem series, but the reassurances in this thread do look eerily similar.

Cry Havoc
04-23-2014, 11:43 PM
Spurs played grade F ball and had it in single digits until late.

If we continue to play that poorly it doesn't matter who we're playing.

I don't see that happening though. Two B- games from our guys would be enough to make this series 3-1.

dallasmaverickslose
04-23-2014, 11:45 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2014, 12:21 AM
Looks like the OKC/Memphis series... or the Indiana/Atlanta series... or the Toronto/Brooklyn series...or the Warriors/Clippers series.. or the Houston/Portland series.. but not like the Bulls/Wizards series or the Heat/Bobcats series.
?????

GreasyJoe
04-24-2014, 01:13 AM

Lmao nicely trolled!

I guess I was not being clear.....tbh

I do not mean this looks like the Memphis series as in the Mavs are a similar team like the motivated grizzlies. NO Fin WAY did I mean it like that. I also pointed out that we are healthy compared to that series and I understand that the spurs were doing everything they could to try and pull something out of that Memphis series.

What I mean as in they are a similar series is

- In the ending of both those seasons I clearly remember how we ended that season just like this years where instead of playing with a game plan in the final games and staying in rhythm with our offense, no matter if we win or lose, all we did was play open gym basketball and hoped to continue our shooting rhythm.

Now please tell me you had the same bad feeling as me when we ended the season this year (That is all I'm asking for :cry). The bad feeling being that the spurs were going to begin the series like a spurs team we have never seen before and being outplayed because of that horrible rhythm we lost at the end of seasons.

Still not going to lose this series, but I'm just hoping we snap out of it sooner rather than later. :wakeup

Sybok
04-24-2014, 08:43 AM
?????

at the time

Sybok
04-24-2014, 08:46 AM
Lmao nicely trolled!

I guess I was not being clear.....tbh

I do not mean this looks like the Memphis series as in the Mavs are a similar team like the motivated grizzlies. NO Fin WAY did I mean it like that. I also pointed out that we are healthy compared to that series and I understand that the spurs were doing everything they could to try and pull something out of that Memphis series.

What I mean as in they are a similar series is

- In the ending of both those seasons I clearly remember how we ended that season just like this years where instead of playing with a game plan in the final games and staying in rhythm with our offense, no matter if we win or lose, all we did was play open gym basketball and hoped to continue our shooting rhythm.

Now please tell me you had the same bad feeling as me when we ended the season this year (That is all I'm asking for :cry). The bad feeling being that the spurs were going to begin the series like a spurs team we have never seen before and being outplayed because of that horrible rhythm we lost at the end of seasons.

Still not going to lose this series, but I'm just hoping we snap out of it sooner rather than later. :wakeup

Sorry, but playing a couple hours of sloppy ball doesn't negate the previous 80 games, the practices or the decade plus of Spurs basketball. The playoffs are about adjustments, and the Spurs didn't know what the Mavs were going to do. They found out in game one and were able to overcome it. They perhaps felt they could again, and they probably could if they didn't turn the ball over 24 times. It's easy to find other reasons, but you don't need to. Turnovers will always kill you.

Spur|n|Austin
04-24-2014, 08:52 AM

Probably because it was a huge part of the loss..

Sybok
04-24-2014, 08:56 AM
Spurs fans reduced to grasping straws tbh :lol. I still think they pull it out though

Kinda like your father did in the closet with you?

tmtcsc
04-24-2014, 09:08 AM

Good news GreasyJoe, you are way off. It's nothing like the Grizzlies series other than the Spurs are tied 1-1 after the first 2 games.

The Spurs were outplayed and outmatched against Memphis 4 seasons ago. This year, I see a total lack of focus, appropriate fear and respect for the Mavs. The Spurs have owned them for the last 2 years and are playing like they expect them to just lay down and die. Dallas has pride and are playing to the best of their abilities.

Hopefully, losing HCA and being tied 1-1 to an inferior team will get them to wake-up. Portland's not messing around and are likely going to dispatch Houston rather quickly. The Spurs have no business playing the Blazers if they can't get past the Mavs.

Darius Bieber
04-24-2014, 10:50 AM
Looks more like the Mavs series in 06.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-24-2014, 11:10 AM
This series reminds me a lot more of last year's GS series. The Spurs looked like sh!t last year early in that one too, and then tightened things up and won out.

But yeah, if the Spurs keep sleep walking they could certainly get upset. There'd be no sugar-coating that kind of complacency.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-24-2014, 11:22 AM
This reminds of last year's GS series. Spurs were sluggish the first game and came back to win game ONE, which they probably should not have won. GS came out on fire in game two and blew out the Spurs.

Sad fact (for Warrior fans), GS expended so much energy the first two games, the Spurs manhandled the rest of the series. I wouldn't any bit surprise this series turns out the same way. Spurs aren't going to play this bad for 3 straight games and Mavs aren't going to play as well as they have for 3 straight games.

florige
04-24-2014, 02:56 PM
This reminds of last year's GS series. Spurs were sluggish the first game and came back to win game ONE, which they probably should not have won. GS came out on fire in game two and blew out the Spurs.

Sad fact (for Warrior fans), GS expended so much energy the first two games, the Spurs manhandled the rest of the series. I wouldn't any bit surprise this series turns out the same way. Spurs aren't going to play this bad for 3 straight games and Mavs aren't going to play as well as they have for 3 straight games.

I am hoping this is the case.

look_at_g_shred
04-24-2014, 03:00 PM
Identity theft.

Thebesteva
04-24-2014, 04:19 PM
Kinda like your father did in the closet with you?

What a 20 year old thing to say

therealtruth
04-24-2014, 06:35 PM

Not really. Splitter was injured and barely played in games 1-2. A big part of the answer was playing him more. Another was making the right defensive assignments.