PDA

View Full Version : How do the Spurs guard the pick and roll?

TE
04-23-2014, 10:01 PM
Harris and Calderon have been comfortably shooting shots that the Spurs give them off a pick and roll. In your opinion, what do the Spurs do to guard this?

RD2191
04-23-2014, 10:02 PM
I wish we had the COTY to figure this out.

Mugen
04-23-2014, 10:04 PM
they can start by trying tbh.

spurraider21
I wish we had the COTY to figure this out.
:rollin the rare goods

Malik Hairston
Let Harris shoot all series, he's a terrible shooter that has played well above his head, tbh..

Calderon needs to be crowded more, he hates finishing in the paint, he lives off the mid-range off the screen..live with Duncan coming out at him and giving him the drive or the pass to Dalembert IMO..

EVAY
Apparently, quite poorly.

TE
04-23-2014, 10:11 PM
Let Harris shoot all series, he's a terrible shooter that has played well above his head, tbh..
tbh I normally like playing the stats card and hoping for regression but the pick and roll defense is so soft right now that I think Harris is on a shooting rhythm from it...Harris can't score the way he did back in 06 (using quickness and explosion to the basket)...might as well crowd him idk...whatever the defense on him in pick and roll situations is, it ain't working for shit right now...

Calderon needs to be crowded more, he hates finishing in the paint, he lives off the mid-range off the screen..live with Duncan coming out at him and giving him the drive or the pass to Dalembert IMO..
perhaps...Calderon has always been a soft player. I had a feeling going into this series that Calderon would go off if given the light of day.

MI21
04-23-2014, 10:15 PM
All I know is I'm sick of seeing Parker/Mills trailing behind on the PnR and trying to bother the shot for 3 feet behind the shooter. If the rotations were on point, the big could challenge a little more I suppose.

therealtruth
04-23-2014, 10:19 PM
Harris and Calderon have been comfortably shooting shots that the Spurs give them off a pick and roll. In your opinion, what do the Spurs do to guard this?

How about change it up and keep them off balance?

Boomersgold
04-23-2014, 10:20 PM
All I know is I'm sick of seeing Parker/Mills trailing behind on the PnR and trying to bother the shot for 3 feet behind the shooter. If the rotations were on point, the big could challenge a little more I suppose.
Agree. I expected Pop to adjust after game 1...

superjames1992
04-23-2014, 10:20 PM
Parker/Mills are below average/lousy defenders and Duncan is not a good pick and roll defender these days, tbh. Not a good combination....

TheGoldStandard
04-23-2014, 10:21 PM
Crowd them and blitz Calderon, sag off harris and monta, I'd rather them try to take contested jumpers than a lane to drive thru

testies
04-23-2014, 10:22 PM
our only competent PnR defender is guarding a stretch 4

MI21
04-23-2014, 10:24 PM
For fuck sake push Monta Ellis left and have the weak side step up on baseline, he will not score on a PnR if you do this.

Pako
04-23-2014, 10:29 PM
We are not even trying to defend.. Seriously, I saw a lot of plays which were open shot and we were just standing waiting for them to shoot the ball... Duncan/Parker/Leonard were not aggressive... In addition to that, Pop seems like he does not want to win with his rotations....