PDA

View Full Version : Belinelli is the reincarnaction of Richard Jefferson

Spurs21Fan4Ever
04-23-2014, 11:53 PM
That soft bitch needs to get his ass out of SA. -31? Really? How can one possibly be so horrible in only 29 minutes? What a horrible pickup, hoping we would upgrade from last year and we got Ayres and Belinelli. Hell, at least Neal was a consistently good shooter who could create his own shot. I guess come playoff times we finally discovered that our scrubs actually are scrubs.

dallasmaverickslose
04-23-2014, 11:54 PM
seriously?

timtonymanu
04-23-2014, 11:54 PM
:lol I don't like Belinelli but not even close.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
04-23-2014, 11:55 PM
seriously?

Yes seriously, he's absolutely useless right now. He's a statue on defense and provides no threat to an opposing defense. He was good earlier in the season, but he turned into crap ever since winning the three point contest, and now in the playoffs he's worse than ever.

superjames1992
04-23-2014, 11:55 PM
We used to toss around individual +/- stats around as a joke with regards to Bonner. Now posters use them are ammunition to attack players. :lol

BTW, Marco is in no way, shape, or form similar to RJ. RJ was supposed to be a key player. Marco was supposed to be a 7th or 8th man... :downspin:

Hoops Czar
04-23-2014, 11:56 PM
And people wondered why Chicago didn't want to resign him.

dallasmaverickslose
Yes seriously, he's absolutely useless right now. He's a statue on defense and provides no threat to an opposing defense. He was good earlier in the season, but he turned into crap ever since winning the three point contest, and now in the playoffs he's worse than ever.

:rolleyes

Spurs21Fan4Ever
We used to toss around individual +/- stats around as a joke with regards to Bonner. Now posters use them are ammunition to attack players. :lol

BTW, Marco is in no way, shape, or form similar to RJ.
What do you mean he isn't similar? I know they're different styles of play but IMO they're both equally useless to the Spurs.

TheGoldStandard
If you were expecting Belinelli to send us over the top than I feel for you.. Dude is a role player, sure he should be more productive but the decision to play him is on Pop..

Darius Bieber
04-23-2014, 11:57 PM
No... Not even close... Belinelli could never do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XjDjpHpwJY

Spurs21Fan4Ever
If you were expecting Belinelli to send us over the top than I feel for you.. Dude is a role player, sure he should be more productive but the decision to play him is on Pop..
Obviously he isn't as crucial as RJ was, but my main point is that both players turned out to be very soft and useless.

superjames1992
What do you mean he isn't similar? I know they're different styles of play but IMO they're both equally useless to the Spurs.
They might be equally useless, but Marco wasn't ever supposed to be more than a bench player. RJ was supposed to be a starring small forward that would turn us into the Big Four and lead us to titles.

dallasmaverickslose
04-23-2014, 11:58 PM
Did the floodgates open during my several-day hiatus? Lots of "these kind" of posters popping up out of the blue, tbh...

TheGoldStandard
Obviously he isn't as crucial as RJ was, but my main point is that both players turned out to be very soft and useless.

So far in this series you can say that about 80% of the roster.

ElNono
The Spurs had nobody to play in RJ's spot if he sucked... You can sit Beli tomorrow and simply play Green more... nowhere near the same situation...

That said, Beli's contributions were always going to be his offense, and he hasn't delivered so far. So I'm sure Pop is giving it some thought....

TheGoldStandard
04-23-2014, 11:59 PM
The Spurs had nobody to play in RJ's spot if he sucked... You can sit Beli tomorrow and simply play Green more... nowhere near the same situation...

That said, Beli's contributions were always going to be his offense, and he hasn't delivered so far. So I'm sure Pop is giving it some thought....

Play Bonner??

Spurs21Fan4Ever

Can't argue with that. I never usually react like this after one game, but I can tell this team isn't winning a championship. Parker is in the start of his decline and without Parker playing at a very high level, this team isn't what it used to be.

Mikeanaro
Yeah and Boris is in his 0.2 form and MVPatty is Pity Mills, Merca Bolaneli, WHATS GOING ON!?!?!?

ElNono
Play Bonner??

uh?

Spurs21Fan4Ever
04-24-2014, 12:00 AM
I wasn't trying to compare roles, I know RJ was supposed to be a team-saver, what I'm saying, is that both are disappointments and are completely useless. We were all hoping Belinelli would be a strong bench player, I remember some saying he would be 6th man over Ginobili and the bench player with the most minutes. He's horrible.

Sybok
04-24-2014, 12:00 AM
Marco will be fine. He's given SA fans a trophy this season, that's one more than they would have gotten otherwise.

TheGoldStandard
04-24-2014, 12:01 AM
uh?

Pop is running out of options for a spark off the bench.. he's already played his Jeff Ayres card.. Bonner is the only likely scenario

Darius McCrary
04-24-2014, 12:02 AM
Don't talk crap about Jefferson like that.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
Pop is running out of options for a spark off the bench.. he's already played his Jeff Ayres card.. Bonner is the only likely scenario
Where's Baynes?! I want someone to knock Blair around and Baynes can do that.

Mikeanaro
What about Daye, uh I was forgetting he needs 5 years to put a dude in PO time, excepting toyboy Errors of course.

TheGoldStandard
04-24-2014, 12:03 AM
Where's Baynes?! I want someone to knock Blair around and Baynes can do that.

In a suit for some reason.. probably too ethnic for Pop

Spurs21Fan4Ever
04-24-2014, 12:03 AM
What about Daye, uh I was forgetting he needs 5 years to put a dude in PO time, excepting toyboy Errors of course.

And Belinelli.

TheGoldStandard
04-24-2014, 12:04 AM

To be fair Daye hasn't his shit in like 2 months since he had 3 good games from his arrival but yeah, Pop won't play you unless you're willing to do some favors for him.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
04-24-2014, 12:04 AM
In a suit for some reason.. probably too ethnic for Pop

Rotations continues to be Pop's biggest weakness.

dallasmaverickslose
04-24-2014, 12:05 AM
Rotations continues to be Pop's biggest weakness.

Oh boy, here comes Mr. Keyboard Coach.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
04-24-2014, 12:08 AM
Oh boy, here comes Mr. Keyboard Coach.

Ahhh one of those self-righteous fans. "Never say anything bad about my team! They're always perfect! If you do I'll throw an insult right at your face."

ElNono
04-24-2014, 12:08 AM

Nah... Mills and Manu will have to bring that. Diaw also has been pretty underwhelming, tbh... Marco can pass, do cuts and shot the long ball... he's just hasn't been doing any of those well...

Ayres should never be in, IMO. Rather have Baynes out there.

Mugen
04-24-2014, 12:09 AM
Give his minutes to Danny tbh.

dallasmaverickslose
04-24-2014, 12:10 AM
I know how to run the rotations better than Pop. I should be coaching this team.

TheGoldStandard
04-24-2014, 12:10 AM
Give his minutes to Danny tbh.

Pop pulls the curtain on Danny way too early.

dallasmaverickslose
04-24-2014, 12:11 AM

The problem is, if Danny is cold, he is ICE COLD.

TheGoldStandard
04-24-2014, 12:11 AM
In fairness, if his rotations are without Jeff Ayres he's actually doing a better job.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
04-24-2014, 12:12 AM
Is Daye more of a PF or SF? Hell at least he is big and athletic, I would rather see him as the backup SF, but with how new he is that's a real risk, but if the team doesn't improve drastically risks will need to be taken.

TheGoldStandard
04-24-2014, 12:12 AM
The problem is, if Danny is cold, he is ICE COLD.

Cold or not Danny can keep guards in front of him.. Belli has shown that he can't do that and he can't hit shots.. Double whammy.

TheGoldStandard
04-24-2014, 12:13 AM
Is Daye more of a PF or SF? Hell at least he is big and athletic, I would rather see him as the backup SF, but with how new he is that's a real risk, but if the team doesn't improve drastically risks will need to be taken.

He's too slow for this series. Can't play him at the 4 or he'll get bullied and can't play him as a SF cause he'll get torched..

Spurs21Fan4Ever
04-24-2014, 12:13 AM
Cold or not Danny can keep guards in front of him.. Belli has shown that he can't do that and he can't hit shots.. Double whammy.

Don't even get me started on rebounding. There was a play in the third quarter where the ball was right in front of him and he ducked and I believe it was Crowder that got the free gift of a rebound.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
04-24-2014, 12:14 AM
He's too slow for this series. Can't play him at the 4 or he'll get bullied and can't play him as a SF cause he'll get torched..

Well Kawhi is still young enough to play all 48 minutes. jk. Guess we got no backup SF.

dallasmaverickslose
04-24-2014, 12:15 AM
Well Kawhi is still young enough to play all 48 minutes. jk. Guess we got no backup SF.

Austin Daye :cry

urunobili
04-24-2014, 12:53 AM
http://www.powells.com/images/blog/blog_kirsten_crash20100310.jpg

spursfan1000
04-24-2014, 01:04 AM
hes not getting paid 11 million so no.

therealtruth
04-24-2014, 05:56 PM
Medo Berkogluo

poeticism707
04-24-2014, 06:08 PM
That soft bitch needs to get his ass out of SA. -31? Really? How can one possibly be so horrible in only 29 minutes? What a horrible pickup, hoping we would upgrade from last year and we got Ayres and Belinelli. Hell, at least Neal was a consistently good shooter who could create his own shot. I guess come playoff times we finally discovered that our scrubs actually are scrubs.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Great take. Belli is useless. Even if he dropped 30, he'd give up 40.

Spurs are the kings of the RS, and exposed in post season,

per par.

tmtcsc
04-24-2014, 06:14 PM

:tu

Joseph Kony
04-24-2014, 06:16 PM
Belinelli is a streaky shooter and all of them go through slumps. I guarantee that dude will go off at least twice in our post season run and win the Spurs the game. Y'all cliff jumping retards need to take a step back and have some perspective. You'd think by now Spurfan would be used to this but once again you sad fucks make me ashamed to be associated with you as a fan of the same team tbh

TheGoldStandard
04-24-2014, 06:17 PM
Belinelli is a streaky shooter and all of them go through slumps. I guarantee that dude will go off at least twice in our post season run and win the Spurs the game. Y'all cliff jumping retards need to take a step back and have some perspective. You'd think by now Spurfan would be used to this but once again you sad fucks make me ashamed to be associated with you as a fan of the same team tbh

Beli can have a slump but he can't be slumping while Diaw, Green, Kawhi and Mills are having a slump too..

Joseph Kony
04-24-2014, 06:17 PM
and fuck Jeff Ayres though, I knew the game was fucked when Pop put him in right away. What the fuck was he thinking

Joseph Kony
04-24-2014, 06:19 PM
Beli can have a slump but he can't be slumping while Diaw, Green, Kawhi and Mills are having a slump too..

Green is the same way so that's not a big deal. Diaw has really lacked the aggressiveness he played with during the RS so far. Kawhi was fucked with fouls and never got into any rhythm last game and tried to force the action way too much as a result. Mills has played tentative as shit. That dude may be slumping but he's still making cuts and getting open, playing aggressively. Can't say the same about the others for the most part imo

Chinook
04-24-2014, 06:58 PM
I think Cory is having a good series so far. He should get a chance to guard Ellis when Pop plays the second unit.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
04-24-2014, 08:39 PM
Beli may be streaky, but he's been in a long slump. He hasn't been shooting well at al for a long time now. And I'm not a Cliff jumper, I don't usually react like this, but for the first time ever, I saw a Duncan with poor body language in a playoff game. That's super concerning. It's as if Duncan was tired of playing with guys with no aggression that are scared of playoff basketball.

spurraider21
04-24-2014, 10:10 PM
jefferson was al albatross contract too. don't you forget it

Pound the rock
04-24-2014, 10:28 PM
jefferson was al albatross contract too. don't you forget it
Man it took forever to unload him! I remember just wanting him gone.

BackHome
04-24-2014, 11:32 PM

The dude can't dribble the freakin ball and Pop pulled his ass because he gave the ball up twice in the beginning of the game.

TheGoldStandard
04-24-2014, 11:46 PM
The dude can't dribble the freakin ball and Pop pulled his ass because he gave the ball up twice in the beginning of the game.

We shouldn't be asking him to dribble or penetrate but that doesn't speak for the lack of defense we get when Marco comes in and at the same time can't knock down a shot.

cd021
04-25-2014, 02:33 AM
Man it took forever to unload him! I remember just wanting him gone.

After he signed the 4 year extension, we got rid of him 1 1/2 in to the deal. It was a bad deal, luckily The Spurs suckered GSW into taking on his deal for the 29th pick. It cost them $11 million for Festus Elizi (who has missed his entire sophomore season).

cd021
04-25-2014, 02:35 AM

Except when he pulls up for a 3 in transition. But yeah, his dribbling is pretty awful. Some players just can't dribble, some can't bribe the rim to make a free throw.

Juggity
04-25-2014, 03:30 AM

:lol Daye will rightfully receive no minutes in this series.